Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (151364 Views)

Acca or Ican / Acca Or Ican Which Should I Go For? Pls Advice / Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by CFAMadeEasy: 9:16am On Dec 02, 2017
For your 2018 CFA study materials level 1-3 (notes) both hard and soft copies available, qbank also available too.

Call/WhatsApp 08055047648
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by tunlex01(m): 12:48am On Apr 03, 2018
Can someone please share f5 and F6 study text and revision material with me (bpp, Kaplan or Emily wolf)
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by FAMILY247(m): 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2018
please can someone help me with ACCA tuition center in Abuja and their address and phone number
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Successisaac19: 11:19pm On Nov 06, 2018
I have bsc in biochemistry but I'm interested in doing an ICAN or ACCA course. What steps am I to take?
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Fishyvibes(f): 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2018
Successisaac19:
I have bsc in biochemistry but I'm interested in doing an ICAN or ACCA course. What steps am I to take?

Same here. What is the procedure?
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Chicjennie(f): 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2018
Successisaac19:
You have to go to ICAN or ACCA office to register or any of their tuition centres to give you a detailed download on this..
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Chicjennie(f): 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2018
Donrockie:
If i register for ican, can i still be given BSc in accounting and d MBA
No
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by wisebrains: 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
Please I have a question, I learnt that after passing the ACCA applied skill level you can opt to write Oxford Brookes University project and be given Bsc in applied accountin. Now my question is after getting the OBU degree can one apply for NYSC exemption certificate with it

1 Like

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by MUSAPLC: 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2018
Please a guide on how to go about ICAN register ation
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by adubam(m): 2:16pm On Nov 23, 2018
MUSAPLC:
Please a guide on how to go about ICAN register ation

visit: www.icanig.org
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by chrissyjay: 9:24am On Nov 29, 2018
Goodmorning house, i want to start reading for ican now b4 registering next year. Pls anyone who has the study pack should help pleeeeeeaaasee.
Thanks.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Rapture07: 12:16am On Jan 05, 2019
Pls after writing Acca F1,f2,and f3 do i get a certificate for that
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by funkystanl(m): 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2019
Rapture07:
Pls after writing Acca F1,f2,and f3 do i get a certificate for that

Yes if you take the professional ethics module (foundation). You get a diploma in Business and Accounting.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by funkystanl(m): 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2019
Successisaac19:

First decide which one you want then you can proceed with other steps
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Lkvng: 10:44pm On Jan 24, 2019
please can you write ICAN while still in Uni, and what exams can you take at the beginner level...My understanding of ICAN is still not very clear
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by jmanity: 5:56am On Jan 25, 2019
Lkvng:
please can you write ICAN while still in Uni, and what exams can you take at the beginner level...My understanding of ICAN is still not very clear

No you can't, you need a certificate to start. If you are still in Uni you will start at ATS level, after passing the 3 levels of ATS, then you can proceed to skills stage of ICAN.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
With the informations I've gathered so far, I think and believe ACCA is better and left to me, in future if I see myself in an audit firm, I will choose ACCA over ican. At the end, both professional bodies produce chartered accountants.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by omoh17(m): 3:20am On Jan 27, 2019
jmanity:

No you can't, you need a certificate to start. If you are still in Uni you will start at ATS level, after passing the 3 levels of ATS, then you can proceed to skills stage of ICAN.

Say what you know...
You can write I have people in my department that started from year 1 and got chartered even before year 4 is will take you 3 years because you will start using just ssce results... But with BSC in a similar accounting course it's just 11/2 years

1 Like

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Akinsanyayemi2(m): 3:50am On Jan 27, 2019
Good day house, I am a sec sch teacher (private). Am contemplating on writing ican or moving to use cos I have someone there. My fear is if I would be able to secure a good job after my ican cos I av realised Nigeria is a man know man country. Am in my early 30s, married. Pls I need a good advice
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by jmanity: 6:42am On Jan 27, 2019
omoh17:

Say what you know...
You can write I have people in my department that started from year 1 and got chartered even before year 4 is will take you 3 years because you will start using just ssce results... But with BSC in a similar accounting course it's just 11/2 years

Bro you are wrong. If you have SSCE you will start with ATS before writing the main ICAN. Am an ICAN professional student and that's what is obtainable. Ask around & people will tell you.
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by jmanity: 6:49am On Jan 27, 2019
@omoh17 This is ICAN regulations. read the first part properly.

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Rapture07: 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2019
Hello people, pls I will appreciate if anyone can link me as to where I could get Acca past questions for f1,f2,f3
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by rOsy247(f): 7:42am On May 01, 2019
victor4u:
ACCA is more better in respect of the recognition and worldwide acceptance and also below are also the benefit of ACCA compared to ICAN

As an ACCA student, you can:
1. Have a Bsc in Applied Accounting from oxford Brookes University after you complete the Skills level i.e part 2 of the professional stage, all you will be required is to write a project and your class of degree will be based on your performance at the ACCA exams so far and of course the project.

2. You also have the opportunity of having your masters if you so desire after completion of the whole stages of the ACCA,all u will be required to to write a project for the award of Masters.

3. As an ACCA qualified, you can automatically be an ACA holder i.e ICAN if you so desire without having to write any of the exams of ICAN

4. You have the opportunity to graduate in the U.K or your certificate sent to you via mail ( Bsc & Masters)

5. An ACA holder (ICAN) will have to write 3 - 5 courses before becoming an ACCA quailified depending on the level of exemption given.

6. ICAN is more difficult as per exams where you have to write 4 papers but ACCA is more flexible as per you can write a minimum of 1 paper and a maximum of 4 depending on your capability as per finance and study.

I am an AAT holder and presently a student of the ACCA; I also help current students and prospective student pay their fees or register on line via credit card.

Do you know that the deadline to register as a student of the ACCA is next month - August 15 and if above 21 yrs, u can register as a Matured entry student and start from the professional straight. or have an certificate in Accounting then you might be exempted feom certain papers.

Need more info or more clarification or want to register or pay your fees or get approved ACCA reading materials?

Then contact me - Victor on 08054523301, or to my office at 12, Samuel manuwa str by 1004 2nd gate, Victoria Island Lagos. or wanna chat? den i.m me @ eva_victor2005 at yahoo messenger or eva_victor2005@yahoo.com.

Will be very more than willing to assit you. Thanks to Nairaland. am always on line.

Exactly the information I wanted. I'm about to start it. Thanks for this
Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Ginalex(f): 3:15pm On May 01, 2019
rOsy247:

Exactly the information I wanted. I'm about to start it. Thanks for this
For me, I'd say ICAN if you're not ready to leave the country's shores so soon. I'll advise u go for ICAN 'cause the subscription per year when you're qualified for ACCA is 100,000 while that of ICAN is not up to 20k. Plus there are not so many jobs especially for entry-level that pay so high as to want to add subscription expense as high as 100k to your list of expenses but if you don't have a problem with that though... Then you can go ahead...

But for me o, until I'm ready to leave this country for a job abroad so soon, I'll just stick to ICAN.

Gracias

3 Likes

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by rOsy247(f): 7:19pm On May 01, 2019
Ginalex:
For me, I'd say ICAN if you're not ready to leave the country's shores so soon. I'll advise u go for ICAN 'cause the subscription per year when you're qualified for ACCA is 100,000 while that of ICAN is not up to 20k. Plus there are not so many jobs especially for entry-level that pay so high as to want to add subscription expense as high as 100k to your list of expenses but if you don't have a problem with that though... Then you can go ahead...

But for me o, until I'm ready to leave this country for a job abroad so soon, I'll just stick to ICAN.

Gracias

No. I want something global not national. Planning to use it abroad, soon.

1 Like

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Ginalex(f): 10:56pm On May 01, 2019
rOsy247:

No. I want something global not national. Planning to use it soon abroad.
Okay.

1 Like

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by kenny189(m): 6:55pm On Oct 28, 2019
Sales of ACCA study materials

We want to announce to all stakeholders that ACCA/ICAN study materials(study packs, pathfinders, text books, video lectures, study kits, revision kits etc) are still available for sale at affordable price.

We supply materials in large quantity to various ACCA centers and ICAN centers all over the states at wholesales price. Discount is also available for retail sales.

We are known for excellence and high level of integrity.

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Destinyleads(f): 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
kenny189:
Sales of ACCA study materials
Please do you have study materials for f1-f4,
We want to announce to all stakeholders that ACCA/ICAN study materials(study packs, pathfinders, text books, video lectures, study kits, revision kits etc) are still available for sale at affordable price.

We supply materials in large quantity to various ACCA centers and ICAN centers all over the states at wholesales price. Discount is also available for retail sales.

We are known for excellence and high level of integrity.

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by gfcproftutors: 11:58pm On Dec 15, 2019
ICAN EXAMS STUDY CENTRE IN ABUJA

www.facebook.com/icanexamglobalfocus

Re: ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? by Sadunky1: 12:50am On Dec 16, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Logistics Or Supply Chain Management / Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / What Nigerian Banks Pay Their Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.