Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Establishing a Fruits & smoothies Retail shop In Nigeria. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Establishing a Fruits & smoothies Retail shop In Nigeria. (548 Views)

Procedures For Establishing A Cooperative Society In Nigeria / Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? / 7 Steps To Consider When Establishing A Record Label In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Establishing a Fruits & smoothies Retail shop In Nigeria. by OneMarvee(f): 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2021
Dear Business gurus of Nairaland,

My Friend and I are brainstorming the idea of a Pre-cut fruits/veggies retail shop in Nigeria, preferably in Malls.
From observation, most retail shops in malls are fast food restaurants like KFC, Mr Biggs, Chicken Republic, Cold-stone.
There really isn't a physical retail business in Malls that cater towards sales of ready-to-eat fruit and vegetables, not much opportunites for consumers to eat healthy.
Our business aims to create more healthy fruit and veggies assortment options for customers in high foot traffic areas.
Our model in quite different because we are not "pre-packaging" them and letting them sit in a plastic container. We want to cut and sell as the consumer makes their order. Now the low shelf life of fruits and veggies is an obvious disadvantage but we are still working on this.
We also plan on taking an eco-friendly approach during sales, i.e less single-use plastics, we are looking for environmentally friendly yet consumer receptive options.

We are very optimistic and we would love to hear your input.
Also we would love to know if anyone here would buy from a pre-cut fruit shop. And if any business experts have any advice for us. Thank you

For lack of better pictures on google, this is the sales model of the business but ofcourse, less plastics, more hygenicenvironment and aesthetically pleasing wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Establishing a Fruits & smoothies Retail shop In Nigeria. by budaatum: 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2021
Rent in a mall will be high, plus refrigeration and staff, so the cost of your fruit will be high too, then someone will set up a whole fruit shop outside the mall and undercut you. I think.

P.s. I'm a village person. A basket of mangoes (about 50) in season is ₦200.

3 Likes

Re: Establishing a Fruits & smoothies Retail shop In Nigeria. by OneMarvee(f): 8:25pm On Oct 02, 2021
Thanks for this! Having the shop outside the mall entrance might even be better.
budaatum:
Rent in a mall will be high, plus refrigeration and staff, so the cost of your fruit will be high too, then someone will set up a whole fruit shop outside the mall and undercut you. I think.

P.s. I'm a village person. A basket of mangoes (about 50) in season is ₦200.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Establishing a Fruits & smoothies Retail shop In Nigeria. by budaatum: 8:36pm On Oct 02, 2021
OneMarvee:
Thanks for this! Having the shop outside the mall entrance might even be better.

Fruit smoothies. That's what some man set up in a roadside stall in Mexico City I once lived in. All he needed to add value was a blender and ice. It was so yummy that I made it my breakfast.

1 Like

Re: Establishing a Fruits & smoothies Retail shop In Nigeria. by OneMarvee(f): 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2021
That would be a great addition. Thanks again!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Establishing a Fruits & smoothies Retail shop In Nigeria. by OneMarvee(f): 8:08pm On Dec 27, 2021
A huge thanks to everyone who read, offered ideas and insights to this post.
I am once again revisiting this long awaited idea of mine, this time I would love to discuss the benefits that this idea will be bringing to the Nigerian ecosystem. Firstly I mentioned the primary goal of this business, which to create an eco-friendly yet consumer receptive model. E.g use of jars, multi-use plastic wares, and generally packaging materials that are sustainable.
Fruit businesses can be hard, due to transportation, spoilage, waste etc.
Location is also a key component and finding a medium to increase the shelf life of these fruits requires good management practices. What advise would you give in terms of executing this business? Is it sustainable, would you stop by a shop that sells precut fruits and blended smoothies at Shoprite? Would you invest in such business? All thoughts and advices are appreciated. Thank you!

OneMarvee:
Dear Business gurus of Nairaland,

My Friend and I are brainstorming the idea of a Pre-cut fruits/veggies retail shop in Nigeria, preferably in Malls.
From observation, most retail shops in malls are fast food restaurants like KFC, Mr Biggs, Chicken Republic, Cold-stone.
There really isn't a physical retail business in Malls that cater towards sales of ready-to-eat fruit and vegetables, not much opportunites for consumers to eat healthy.
Our business aims to create more healthy fruit and veggies assortment options for customers in high foot traffic areas.
Our model in quite different because we are not "pre-packaging" them and letting them sit in a plastic container. We want to cut and sell as the consumer makes their order. Now the low shelf life of fruits and veggies is an obvious disadvantage but we are still working on this.
We also plan on taking an eco-friendly approach during sales, i.e less single-use plastics, we are looking for environmentally friendly yet consumer receptive options.

We are very optimistic and we would love to hear your input.
Also we would love to know if anyone here would buy from a pre-cut fruit shop. And if any business experts have any advice for us. Thank you

For lack of better pictures on google, this is the sales model of the business but ofcourse, less plastics, more hygenicenvironment and aesthetically pleasing wink

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Verified Paypal Account for Sale (send/receive payment) / Elon Musk Is Predicting A Recession In The Next 2 Years / Web-based B2B Recharge Software For Multi Recharge Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.