Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

"Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity (28087 Views)

It Takes Stupidity To Remain Married - Nigerian Man Married For 38 Years (Video) / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Vinnie2000(m): 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2021
JovialJune:

As a mother that I am, I will not choose a wife for my son, he will choose the kind of partner he wants, if he comes home ranting about wanting virgins, I will ask if he is one and if he isn't, I will tell him he doesn't deserve one,

If a virgin lady was determined enough to keep herself for years, with temptations everywhere and resisting it, that means she is a strong, disciplined, responsible, courageous woman,

if a man cannot keep himself till marriage, that means he is a weak, undisciplined, irresponsible man, and he is not fit to marry what he doesn't have and can't give, he should marry his kind.

Lol, A Guy keeping himself Chaste b4 Marriage?

Hahahaha.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

No Way! Even so, How many Ladies will respect him? undecided
Our Naija Girls are nowadays like Bad Guys! Infact Women naturally likes Bold and Sexually Experienced Guys! Guys that can Fvckk like madt! cool

You yourself sef know nah!
They don't want Learners! So ur Son will be Cheated on! sad

So Forget it, Virginity is a Female connected Virtue! Never for Men! angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by CHoccolaTE: 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
A guy started a topic here the other day about how he married his wife a virgin and he even took her abroad for honeymoon to celebrate the fact that she was a virgin till marriage.

I think they were both pastors in their church.

Now the same woman is not interested in sex at all. She doesnt even let the husband try any other styles with her except missionary. All other forms of sex styles are sinful and carnal in her mind. Na beg the guy dey beg her for sex everytime.

Let me see if I can find the topic. grin

7 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Hillarie(m): 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
cooooooks:
So this is why productivity is so low in Nigeria.

People are focused on useless topics.
Still reading the first page of comments and only you have made sense so far. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Kajaard: 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
JovialJune:

Virginity is a virtue true, so why didn't you strive to be a man of virtue before you got married? Why were you a used rotten diick before marrying your wife? Doesn't she deserve a man of virtue?

Madam you are getting too emotional. Where did he say in his post that he was not a virgin when he married his wife?
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
shaybebaby:

Exactly.
To be fair, there are many with sense..I've seen some of this thread.
But these dumbasses? Their ideas are more virulent than the covid delta variant. Probably just as destructive.

koyyes is a disgrace to humanity
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by afadi2410: 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
Favfables:
Agreed...

Virginity ALONE does not guarantee a good marriage, but like I'd always say, Chasity till marriage is a virtue that is commendable and should become a norm... Because the mere fact that a person can stay a virgin till marriage especially in this 21st century is a pointer to so many things (character wise)...

And let's face fact...

If I were to choose between a virgin with GOOD CHARACTER and a nonvirgin with GOOD CHARACTER, blimey I would DEFINITELY settle for the former...

They're nonvigirns with exceptional character, and they're virgins with bad character....agreed. but let's be real here, the fact that your partner has had multiple sexual partners in time past before you will DEFINITELY lead to some form of comparism (even if they don't say it out verbally)...

And who would love to be compared with other people who they've never met??

Who would love to be seen as less when compared with other people??

And please go and do your research, marriages of virgins last longer (on average) than marriages with non virgins....

It has been scientifically proven, that the more sexual partners a person has had in times past, the lesser the chances at a successful marriage...

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Hahjascho(m): 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
duality:

Why not this way...

If you were to choose between a virgin with good character and a non virgin with bad character. Which will you choose.

There's something in most people that makes them accentuate the negative to justify their stance
On point....don't mind them.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by kingxsamz(m): 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
jmoore:
So you had a bath, got dressed, sprayed perfume and walked out of the hostel to head to the class for lectures.

Then you meet someone dressed in rags with the most offensive smell ever. He says to you "being clean is not a guarantee for a successful graduate".

That marks are not given for being clean doesn't mean you should be a dirty pig. You being clean is for your own good, it's healthy to be clean.
Is being dirty a guarantee to be a successful graduate?

Now, you can see where I am heading to. Being a virgin till marriage is a healthy lifestyle. Borehole doesn't guarantee anything. Therefore, let virgins be free to virgins.

This has to be the dumbest analogy anyone in this world has ever come up with. grin grin grin wtf.
How does being dirty and being a graduate relate?
No one even brings up such lame, illogical analogy.
Virginity and marriage are always brought up because society has put so much value on it like it possesses so much benefits in terms of marriage. If you like, padlock your vagina till marriage, if you don't marry the right person, e no go work. We're humans and it's natural for adults to have sex if they feel like, as long as they're not hurting anyone.
Once again, your analogy has to be the dumbest I've seen this year. No offence.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by SIRTee15: 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
ThothHermes:
Yeah right.
This is a quora thread where supposedly mentally liberated people are discussing the same topic.
There are hundreds more like that.
People like you are always keen to talk down on your own to appear civilized. You are actually the mentally enslaved one.
There is nothing liberating a about a lifestlyle of wantoness.
https://www.quora.com/Does-virginity-matter-the-most-in-marriage

Did u read the comments on that topic at all? It seriously weakened your argument.
The only people who carry virginity for head in the thread are indians.
And we know india is the rape capital of the world.

3 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by deebrownneymar: 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2021
jmoore:
So you had a bath, got dressed, sprayed perfume and walked out of the hostel to head to the class for lectures.

Then you meet someone dressed in rags with the most offensive smell ever. He says to you "being clean is not a guarantee for a successful graduate".

That marks are not given for being clean doesn't mean you should be a dirty pig. You being clean is for your own good, it's healthy to be clean.

Now, you can see where I am heading to. Being a virgin till marriage is a healthy lifestyle. Borehole doesn't guarantee anything. Therefore, let virgins be free to virgins.

Very ignorant comments here. Are you even up to 18 because a matured person wouldn’t make this ridiculous statement.

6 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Hamiltonii: 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2021
shaybebaby:

I think you are confusing me with your mum.

Which mom are you talking about, you borehole!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by derecho(m): 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2021
Not sure I mentioned "women don't want virgins as husbands".
Kindly point out where I said it's okay to lose it whether for male or female.

I'm just telling you that there are male virgins.

And please disabuse your mind that men are sleeping around.It's not true.

KarinaLove:

Hmmm...

I disagree.

Some women still want Virgins as husbands.

Because the world is doing it doesn't mean it's right. Because every man is sleeping around town doesn't mean it is right.

Virginity shows value for yourself, fear of GOD and above all Purity and a sense of cleanliness.

This is something every man should want to have atleast for himself before marriage.

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
Even Sustain (my friend's nickname) who had deflowered three or more girls would want to settle down with a virgin someday. To the guys who have lots of body counts & still want a virgin wife,,,,,, virgin kee you all cheesy

Virginity doesn't guarantee a successful marriage, take it or leave it.

3 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by JovialJune(f): 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
highchief1:
I was lucky to marry a virgin.Grace found me.

Okay, is she still a virgin? If yes, pls keep her like that till death do you part since it guarantees a successful marriage, the moment she becomes loose, your marriage will fail, you hear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Hahjascho(m): 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
henrybomb:

If you were to choose to between a virgin with bad and annoying character or a non virgin with sweet and amazing character which will you choose?
What is being referred to here is 'a virgin with good character ' ..no dey twist things to suit yourself. cool
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by bdon123(m): 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
jmoore:

Jst so u know.some men are not even interested in marrying virgins . sharp men dont like Virgins

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by FashionCookie(f): 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
When una don "disvirgin" all d small small gurls 4 una area finush una dey find virgin. Where una wan for see am? Ndi ala...ndi ala.
So d ones una scatter 4 ground who go marry them?
I read comments here and I laugh. D matter b say many of una no go see virgins marry(bitter truth). So you guys should go and rest and let us hear word. You can't eat your cake and have it. Stop coming here to claim... go and sit down!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2021
kingxsamz:

This has to be the dumbest analogy anyone in this world has ever come up with. grin grin grin wtf.
How does being dirty and being a graduate relate?
No one even brings up such lame, illogical analogy.
Virginity and marriage are always brought up because society has put so much value on it like it possesses so much benefits in terms of marriage. If you like, padlock your vagina till marriage, if you don't marry the right person, e no go work. We're humans and it's natural for adults to have sex if they feel like, as long as they're not hurting anyone.
Once again, your analogy has to be the dumbest I've seen this year. No offence.

He deserves to be offended for vomitting such waste

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by NigeriaIsGreat: 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2021
afadi2410:

Rubbish!
What do you know?

Go and marry your loosed girl with sumptuous body count grin grin
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by IAMBlesssed(f): 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2021
babtoundey:
The Op got everything muddled up.
Being virtuous and and striving to be sexually pure is a virtue both genders should have. Virginity is an indication of moral uprightness particularly in this present time when sex is cheap and being sexually immodest is considered fashion and smartness.

The statement is however correct. Virginity is not enough guarantee for a successful and happy marriage. As much as I will love to have a woman who is sexually modest and decent, I wouldn't look forward to her coming with just her virginity. After the virginity what else? That a woman or man is a virgin doesn't mean she will be upright and adequate in other areas of human endeavors.

Nature has a way of doing its things. Those wayward things always have happy stories while the modest, unfortunately, go through undeserved hell. Being a good, brilliant and focused student sometimes does not guarantee success after graduation. The unserious ones and the ones labelled olodos always fly higher. It's a mystery.

The statement can be said to be stupid and useless if it is said with the intention of encouraging philandering in men or promiscuity in women folks.

It is good and fulfilling to be a virgin purposely to fulfil your own personal moral or Philosophical principles and not in expectation of special treatments from the society.

Ahh. So we still have balanced individuals on this platform..More wisdom to your brain.. Thanks bros

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by JovialJune(f): 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2021
Kajaard:

Madam you are getting too emotional. Where did he say in his post that he was not a virgin when he married his wife?

You guys are actually the emotional one here,

Okay let's say he was a virgin when they got married, hope they are still one till now so that their marriage will be successful, cos once they are loose, the marriage will fail.

4 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by RodgersAkpafu: 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2021
Gbolarshow:
I married my wife of six years a virgin after ten years of friendship. I never and will never for a day doubt her chastity or question her whereabouts. Forget westernization or modernization, virginity is a virtue and our ladies should strive to keep it for their own good. I will respect and care for my wife till eternity.
That's good for you
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by kingxsamz(m): 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Does being a non-virgin guarantee successful marriage?

Did anyone say it does?

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by shaybebaby(f): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2021
DrayZee:

Lol. You seem unable to reply one person at a time. Who is trying to “japa” or carrying virginity on their head?
Don’t insult virgins for being virgins. It doesn’t guarantee a successful marriage (yes), but it isn’t a worthless attribute either. Allow those who value it to value it in peace. That’s all that matters.
The OP and some other commenters are being vile in their support of the above, which is wrong.
But these days, people are literally trying to demonize virgins. They did it to men successfully, now everyone is asking why there are few virgin men. Because it’s a shameful attribute for a man these days.

We’re getting there sha. The demonizing will soon be complete, and women will finally be “free”. All this talk will stop.
We will achieve civilization at last.
I'm reading as I go along so if I've been mentioned or I see something of interest, I respond.

That said, we are sort of in accord here. You don't see women creating threads policing men's sexual conduct. Neither does it matter what personal choice one makes about their body- be it abstinence or not. Its their business.
So women shouldn't be shamed into being one, neither should men be shamed into not being one .
Without context, in and of itself, it IS worthless. Much like a lot things. It's about relative value individuals choose to place on it. It is valuable to someone who perceives it as valuable. And valueless to someone who perceive as such.
The koko is no one is to be shamed into or out of their personal stance.

4 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Lastmankc(m): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2021
henrybomb:

If you were to choose to between a virgin with bad and annoying character or a non virgin with sweet and amazing character which will you choose?
If you too were to choose with a virgin with bad manners and a non virgin with bad manners,Who will you choose?
Mind you, you must choose one.
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by shaybebaby(f): 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2021
Hamiltonii:

Which mom are you talking about, you borehole!
Yours fvckface.

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by kingxsamz(m): 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2021
Crystyano:

He deserves to be offended for vomitting such waste

Omo, I just tire. Like in this 21st century, people still think like this.
Most of them have slept with one girl or the other and have even disvirgined some, but they're coming here to talk like kids. As long as a woman isn't sleeping with different women constantly, why should her not being a virgin be an issue? Nawa.

5 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Vinnie2000(m): 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
Kajaard:

I tire for that guy undecided

Imagine him saying virginity is reserved for only women. I take it he was joking sha undecided

Mr Kajaard..
He is VERY RIGHT!
Where in History or any Society has Male Virginity been celebrated?

U must have heard of Traditional African societies in d Past where Female Virginity was celebrated..

Let a 28 yr old Guy go on Air and announces he is a Virgin, People will look@him and Walk away..
Some will even Say he is Dull or Impotent! undecided embarassed

Can you say same for a 28yr old Lady? She will Respected and Praised by Pple! N Infact one Rich Man will start eyeing her! smiley

Hope you get the Point now? sad smiley
Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by Kajaard: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
JovialJune:

You guys are actually the emotional one here,

Okay let's say he was a virgin when they got married, hope they are still one till now so that their marriage will be successful, cos once they are loose, the marriage will fail.

To tell you the truth I see this thread topic as a big joke cheesy

I for one am not looking for a virgin because I have slept with girls in the past so I don't have any moral justification to say I want a Virgin to marry.

Regarding the bold faced, I think most of the guys here know the argument makes no sense but they just do it to rile you ladies up cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by JovialJune(f): 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2021
emmyN:

Heya, men are not virgins. Go look up the origin of the word. It's a virtue for women alone.

A man should be chaste, that's a virtue, and it guarantees successful marriage, and the wife and man should remain virgins till death, it guarantees successful marriage, they should never be loosed if not the marriage will fail.

4 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by kingxsamz(m): 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2021
Lastmankc:
If you too were to choose with a virgin with bad manners and a non virgin with bad manners,Who will you choose?
Mind you, you must choose one.

Did you think before typing this?
Can't you see that it all boils down to "character" and not whether the person is a virgin or not?

2 Likes

Re: "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity by advanceDNA: 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2021
JovialJune:

Don't run away, you also said body counts and past abortions, so are you a virgin, unsused and untouched?

I'm Not running from u... I've had one or two conversation with you on nairaland. And you don't converse in line with context....u jump all around the place always trying to bring equality and emotion into an issue because u feel men hate women...u like gender war...

I have a mom, a cousin, and a sister, a grandma, I don't hate you or any woman

I only tackle people with irrational and emotionally biased ideologies...whether they are men or women...

It's not my fault that lots of u women on nairaland make irrational statement here

For example..I told op.. those with high body count will come for him for his statement...In that comment I never said it's bad to have high body count.... there are naturally nice and good people that just like to fvck about..it's their decision..

But the op has a view..and I told him those with a diffwnt view will come for him...

madam...how da fvck does my statement relate with your first mention at me?? You just decided to jump at me with emotions trying to level a table that doesn't exist..

Look girl..u can't guilt-trip me ..like I said..I don't do illogical gender and equality wars....

Mention me if you want to have healthy conversation

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

What Was Your Nickname As A Child? / Josiah Mutihir: Nigeria To Experience Unplanned COVID-19 Babies By November / Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.