Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria (4794 Views)

COVID-19 Update For January 2 2021 In Nigeria / COVID-19 Update For October 17 2020 In Nigeria - (2,657 Tested) / COVID-19 Update For October 2 2020 In Nigeria - (2,270 Tested) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
Originalsly:

What is the purpose of a vaccine? Is it to prevent one from contracting the disease? ... or is it to reduce the SEVERITY of the infection?

Getting vaccinated reduces but does not entirely eliminate the probability of infection, and for those who do get infected despite having been vaccinated, the chances of serious symptoms being suffered are drastically reduced such that hospitalization might not even be necessary.
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2021
NigelCundy:

Lmao.
You may not understand my story, hence you calling me a liar.. My grandma was admitted to the isolation center for 1 month and 3 days and I had to take care of her throughout till she was discharged. I saw people die right in front of me due to complications from covid and carelessness from some of the MA.
If you choose not to believe, it's left to you. I just sincerely pray you or your loved ones don't experience Covid Pneumonia.
same copy and paste story we have seen thousands of time , try again fraud star
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2021
Jakumo:

Getting vaccinated reduces but does not entirely eliminate the probability of infection, and for those who do get infected despite having been vaccinated, the chances of serious symptoms being suffered are drastically reduced such that hospitalization might not even be necessary.
liar. I know more people that died from the vaccine than covid19

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 1:36pm On Oct 03, 2021
Unknown31:
liar. I know more people that died from the vaccine than covid19

For people like you, bitter cola and fresh palm wine will protect you from covid and from all enemies of progress.
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2021
Jakumo:

For people like you, bitter cola and fresh palm wine will protect you from covid and from all enemies of progress.
Yes regular exercise, good foods with necessary nutrients will save me from this scamdemic
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by Originalsly: 1:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
Jakumo:

Why dance around the question? ... it's the reason I was so specific ... to avoid the dancing. So after all this dancing....can I get a specific answer?
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by CrestMan: 1:49pm On Oct 03, 2021
[s]
NigelCundy:
The numbers being reported are less than what's actually happening. I work at both IDH and the Ajao estate isolation centers
[/s]
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by CrestMan: 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2021
[s]
NigelCundy:

Lmao.
You may not understand my story, hence you calling me a liar.. My grandma was admitted to the isolation center for 1 month and 3 days and I had to take care of her throughout till she was discharged. I saw people die right in front of me due to complications from covid and carelessness from some of the MA.
If you choose not to believe, it's left to you. I just sincerely pray you or your loved ones don't experience Covid Pneumonia.
[/s]
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by Originalsly: 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2021
NigelCundy:

Lmao.

Your grandma was admitted for 1month and 3 days. Was it because of COVID? How long should one be isolated for COVID-19? Isn't it 2 weeks? What was she doing there for more than twice the duration of time? Do you realize you're telling us the isolation centers are not for COVID-19 patients only? So when one dies in a COVID isolation center wouldn't the death be recorded as a COVID death? ... when the person was there because of other conditions and not COVID? And you're wondering why people don't believe the numbers.
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2021
Originalsly:

Why dance around the question? ... it's the reason I was so specific ... to avoid the dancing. So after all this dancing....can I get a specific answer?

Looking for answers to medical questions from random strangers chatting in an internet discussion forum is a mistake. My expertise is palm-wine tapping and eating beaver. I can write a book on those subjects in which I hold a doctorate degree, but when it comes to covid, I can only offer a personal opinion, which of course should not be taken as medical advice.
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by CrestMan: 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2021
[s]
Jakumo:

[/s]
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by Deblow: 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
This weather isn't favourable to COVID-19 virus. The reason for the reducing figures of new infections, compared to what obtained wen the weather was very cold. Soon, we shall start recording double to single digits..... except, of course, if those feeding off the pandemic would let this be
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by AsawanaDgreat: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2021
Say goodbye to coronavirus in naija
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by NigelCundy: 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2021
malcom1X:

Okay good for clarifying. Your grandma was there for 1 month and 3 days in the isolation centre. And she was finally discharged, Can you explain why or how this happened. People need to know.
She had covid pneumonia. Covid comes with different complications. For old people, long covid is vei common. This means their oxygen saturation levels may not improve until after a long period of receiving oxygen to their lungs.

My grandma was on 15L oxygen for 23 days. It was after that period her oxygen saturation level got to 90. Even though she's back home, she still averages 93 in a day when the normal level should be 97-100.

That's how best I can explain
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by NigelCundy: 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2021
Originalsly:

Your grandma was admitted for 1month and 3 days. Was it because of COVID? How long should one be isolated for COVID-19? Isn't it 2 weeks? What was she doing there for more than twice the duration of time? Do you realize you're telling us the isolation centers are not for COVID-19 patients only? So when one dies in a COVID isolation center wouldn't the death be recorded as a COVID death? ... when the person was there because of other conditions and not COVID? And you're wondering why people don't believe the numbers.

Who told you covid only lasts for 2 weeks?

When the virus affects your lungs, your oxygen levels drop and your lungs will not be able to transport oxygen to the rest of your body. This is what results in shortness of breath.
When my grandmother was admitted, her oxygen saturation was 64. The normal saturation for humans is 97-100.
She had to be on 15L oxygen for 23 days before she started recording 90 in her saturation level.
Then the oxygen was reduced to 10L, then 8L.
Even though we're home now, she still averages 93 whilst she continues taking her drugs.
Don't let anyone deceive you that it lasts for 2 weeks.
Also, you could take a walk to any of the isolation centres and have a chat with those doctors or nurses volunteering there, maybe you'll understand how the virus works.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by Originalsly: 3:31pm On Oct 03, 2021
NigelCundy:

Who told you covid only lasts for 2 weeks?

When the virus affects your lungs, your oxygen levels drop and your lungs will not be able to transport oxygen to the rest of your body. This is what results in shortness of breath.
When my grandmother was admitted, her oxygen saturation was 64. The normal saturation for humans is 97-100.
She had to be on 15L oxygen for 23 days before she started recording 90 in her saturation level.
Then the oxygen was reduced to 10L, then 8L.
Even though we're home now, she still averages 93 whilst she continues taking her drugs.
Don't let anyone deceive you that it lasts for 2 weeks.
Also, you could take a walk to any of the isolation centres and have a chat with those doctors or nurses volunteering there, maybe you'll understand how the virus works.

Where did I say COVID-19 last for 2 weeks? Your grandma dma was admitted with an oxygen level of 64 ... does that mean she has COVID? ... or she had other issues? What medications is she on for COVID-19?
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by Probz(m): 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2021
ofiko123:
Will COVID-19 ever end in Nigeria??

Covid barely concerns Nigeria. It’s been ten times worse in other parts of the world.
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by NigelCundy: 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
Originalsly:

Where did I say COVID-19 last for 2 weeks? Your grandma dma was admitted with an oxygen level of 64 ... does that mean she has COVID? ... or she had other issues? What medications is she on for COVID-19?
Yes, she tested positive for covid pneumonia.
I can't come out to tell you all that she's using for her treatment because I am not a medical doctor and it may mislead others to self-medicate. However, vitamins are included in her treatment.
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by Originalsly: 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
NigelCundy:

Yes, she tested positive for covid pneumonia.
I can't come out to tell you all that she's using for her treatment because I am not a medical doctor and it may mislead others to self-medicate. However, vitamins are included in her treatment.

grin ...Guy... I don't know if to laugh in Chinese or French. So she tested positive for "covid pneumonia". I asked for the medications because there is none that is being officially given for the effective treatment of COVID-19. But .... money must be made.
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by NigelCundy: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2021
Originalsly:

grin ...Guy... I don't know if to laugh in Chinese or French. So she tested positive for "covid pneumonia". I asked for the medications because there is none that is being officially given for the effective treatment of COVID-19. But .... money must be made.

Lol...What money is being made bro?
She was placed on oxygen and given drugs to heal her lungs. Zinc and vitamins were also administered to boost her immune system. What money exactly is there to be made from telling you I had to pause over a month of my life to take care of my grandma.
All the struggles from the house to general hospital ikorodu, to Mainland hospital in Yaba, then transferred to Ajao estate.
The trauma from seeing men and women die and you think money must be made. All is well.

At this point choose to believe what you want.
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by Originalsly: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
NigelCundy:

Lol...What money is being made bro?
She was placed on oxygen and given drugs to heal her lungs. Zinc and vitamins were also administered to boost her immune system. What money exactly is there to be made from telling you I had to pause over a month of my life to take care of my grandma.
All the struggles from the house to general hospital ikorodu, to Mainland hospital in Yaba, then transferred to Ajao estate.
The trauma from seeing men and women die and you think money must be made. All is well.

At this point choose to believe what you want.

Money is to be made by the medical institutions ... you don't know the depth of secrecy involved with this pandemic.
Re: COVID-19 Update For October 2 2021 In Nigeria by Gfskw: 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2021
Oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Local Herbs For Treating Any Skin Diseases / Harmful Effect Of Wall Gecko / COVID-19 Update For April 11 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.