Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. (62788 Views)

See The N1,700 Meal A Nairalander Had For Breakfast (pictures) / Look at the Meal I Prepared With 2000 Naira In This Tight Economy. / The Meal I Prepared with just #500 As Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by jaymichael(m): 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:
PLEASE IGNORE MY ENGLISH!
We all know how hard the country is @the moment,as we're all feeling the heat.

I have basically ran out of some major foodstuffs like yam, bag of potatoes,paints of rice and garri.for some couple of days now I have been racking my brain on how to purchase those items without disturbing my husband because recently he has bn complaining of low patronage.even my soaps and body scrub don finish for days now.

Me,I am somehow broke and sales lately hasn't bn interesting.i run a street roadside hustle and I don't go to hustle on Sundays which is my rest days.

But as level come be nau...kids must chow anyhow e be.so I decided since last night to come to hustle today being Sunday,since I have what to sale so I could see money to purchase those items I mentioned earlier on.

The raw truth I don't know how to borrow money from somebody,infact no one would even agree to lend money to you.so I decided to use what I have to get what I need.

Immediately I appeared in my hustleville arena this morning,one righteous woman like that dressed in a very lovely gown and peacock hat was to the first to hunt me down.

Mind you this woman has been hunting me for months,she was the reason why I stopped selling on Sundays because her preaching wahala was too much.

Mummy zee why nau?why nau?I thought you ve stopped?,why did you come out today.
Whilst she was busy asking me these questions,I bent down to lit my firewoods money must be made jare.

When she finished rapping,she looked at me,I looked at her,I carried my pan and placed it on the fire.in my mind I was like...hanty pls board your Keke and go,but for where.

I walked up to her and said.....pls ma'am cud you please lend me 30k?I need it to sort some things at home.madam said she doesn't have.

I left her there,went back to stir my beans paste in my mortal,madam borrowed herself sense then entered Keke and moooovv.

I settled down and sold maaad market,my money to buy those foodstuffs I mentioned is complete.i even bought succulent ripe plantains join to prepare correct plaintain and egg sauce for my family!
Bag of potatoes is sure,paints of rice is sure, tubers of yam toh sure,paints of garri nko,it's the Lord's doing.

I can confidently get my soaps and body scrub now.

Now my question is.....just because today that I didn't go to church would God be so angry to throw me into hell fire knowing fully well that my family needs these basic items?

Why do some too churchy righteous Christians likes hunting people that doesn't go to church and if you meet them to help you with money instead they will quote excerpts from the Bible to you.

Na market I sell....no be thief I thief!

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

You did well sister. We are christians, not Jews. The keeping of the Sabbath isn't for us. Everyday is a holy day to practice christianity. No day is more special than others. I haven't read anywhere in the scriptures both the gospel and old testament that non jews should keep the Sabbath to make heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by descarado: 10:07pm On Oct 03, 2021
Vulcanheph:

My brother, food has now become so expensive in this country that the things we used to consider normal before have now become a luxury.... Whoever the Op's husband is , that man is a lucky man for meeting a woman who is understanding and supportive during this dreadful Buhari's era.

I rest my case.
Thank you!
See as idiots are insulting her.
Maybe they want her to come begging here or look for one man to bankroll her then insult her and all women join.
This is how most women are. When push come to shove, they will go extra mile to bring food to the table. And the funny thing is that in this era, More are putting food on the table through small small hussling. Lots of men have lost their jobs and its easier for women to sell pepper or groundnut than men.
She just won me over.

2 Likes

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by chatinent: 10:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

Yes chatinent...you called!

That quote asked you for your akant details. Read and reply it o
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by OjReloaded(m): 10:13pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

I have basically ran out of some major foodstuffs like yam, bag of potatoes,paints of rice and garri.for some couple of days now I have been racking my brain on how to purchase those items without disturbing my husband because recently he has bn complaining of low patronage.even my soaps and body scrub don finish for days now.

Me,I am somehow broke and sales lately hasn't bn interesting.i run a street roadside hustle and I don't go to hustle on Sundays which is my rest days.

But as level come be nau...kids must chow anyhow e be.so I decided since last night to come to hustle today being Sunday,since I have what to sale so I could see money to purchase those items I mentioned earlier on.

The raw truth I don't know how to borrow money from somebody,infact no one would even agree to lend money to you.so I decided to use what I have to get what I need.

Immediately I appeared in my hustleville arena this morning,one righteous woman like that dressed in a very lovely gown and peacock hat was to the first to hunt me down.

Mind you this woman has been hunting me for months,she was the reason why I stopped selling on Sundays because her preaching wahala was too much.

Whilst she was busy asking me these questions,I bent down to lit my firewoods money must be made jare.

When she finished rapping,she looked at me,I looked at her,I carried my pan and placed it on the fire.in my mind I was like...hanty pls board your Keke and go,but for where.

I walked up to her and said.....pls ma'am cud you please lend me 30k?I need it to sort some things at home.madam said she doesn't have.

I left her there,went back to stir my beans paste in my mortal,madam borrowed herself sense then entered Keke and moooovv.

I settled down and sold maaad market,my money to buy those foodstuffs I mentioned is complete.i even bought succulent ripe plantains join to prepare correct plaintain and egg sauce for my family!
Bag of potatoes is sure,paints of rice is sure, tubers of yam toh sure,paints of garri nko,it's the Lord's doing.

Now my question is.....just because today that I didn't go to church would God be so angry to throw me into hell fire knowing fully well that my family needs these basic items?

Why do some too churchy righteous Christians likes hunting people that doesn't go to church and if you meet them to help you with money instead they will quote excerpts from the Bible to you.

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

Please don't miss out on more Because of food.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by ahnie: 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2021
OjReloaded:

Please don't miss out on more Because of food.
Ok sir!
Thank you sire!
Please I want to sleep I ve appointment to keep tomorrow.
Goodnight.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by lilvicky68(m): 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
Sunday is just like any day of the week for hustling..
There are also morning afternoon and even evening services to attend..
But if the post was done for justification then its not worth it..
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by SonofGod231: 10:54pm On Oct 03, 2021
ahnie:

Thank you sir.Have a splendid night rest.
Don't be naive and take correction.
Whether we agree or not with the principle of taking time off some Sundays to hustle,You are just seeking misguided relevance here,no correctness whatsoever in your post,it only breeds division and resentment.
Everyone is even given the opportunity to opt out of work on Sundays for rest,not just Christians but non religious people also and whatever you wish to use it for it's up to you but why not try and respect your religion small as a Christian?!
Which one be all these Slandering of churchy aunty and 30k nonsense,plantain and noodles on top Sunday Service.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Myself2(m): 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2021
chatinent:

Nice one for you. Hers wasn't.

Not nice for me anything, we do it by the grace of God because God has blessed us to do it. I only mentioned it in answer to a comment that "whether person wey never chop dey go church", basically my answer was not only to tell you that there is food in church but also to hint that at times people miss their blessings because they only look at their immediate challenges without ever thinking of what could happen if they took a step of faith in their churches
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by mrksquare: 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2021
Madam you do well. The religion we profess in Nigeria hasn't taken us any where. If prayers could do magic, Nigeria wouldn't have been the poverty capital of the world.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by TheGift: 11:28pm On Oct 03, 2021
Is sunday the only day we are meant to remember God? And who says you can't remember God outside church while working to provide for your family? Whatsoever you do, do it as unto the Lord. Not only on Sundays.

ATEAMS:
Hunger bad sha....

E make u forget God
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by AreaFada2: 1:01am On Oct 04, 2021
Ahnie my dear, let nobody deceive you. Going to church is great but there is no better worship of our merciful God than working hard to provide for the kids God has blessed you with. Let nobody who cannot dash his or fellow man or woman 5k tell you to go to church and wait for manna from heaven to feed the kids.

Often it's seer hypocrisy. That lady that preaches to you on Sundays, why didn't she say Mummy Zee, ah ah kilode, today you dey work too? Take this 5k, pack your gear and return them home and follow me to church. 2% interest on 50k loan nko? Has she suggested that option to get such from any of her rich church members? Ever offered any practical help to ensure that you can comfortably afford not to work on Sundays? Mba. Nothing.

God will provide abundantly for you and you will be able to afford not to hustle on Sunday. Amen!
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Kayyus09(m): 1:20am On Oct 04, 2021
Not attending Church service isn't an issue, the main issue is; do you have real relationship with God?

It is good that you go out for your daily bread, but do you think it is good to take pride in food and wine more than joy in the presence of God?

Rather than taking pride in such, you can communicate with God in your spirit that He should give you abundance through the week so you can at least have rest on Sunday, in His presence.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by ahnie: 3:03am On Oct 04, 2021
Kayyus09:
Not attending Church service isn't an issue, the main issue is; do you have real relationship with God?

It is good that you go out for your daily bread, but do you think it is good to take pride in food and wine more than joy in the presence of God?

Rather than taking pride in such, you can communicate with God in your spirit that He should give you abundance through the week so you can at least have rest on Sunday, in His presence.
Good morning I use to hustle on Sundays before,but I ve stopped doing so for many months now.

I only went to hustle yesterday,because I needed to get some items.it doesn't mean I would start hustling henceforth on Sundays.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by armyofone(m): 3:57am On Oct 04, 2021
You can be righteous in front of your mortar and frying pan. It is the Lord's doing.

"The violent take it by force"
Matt 11:12

Just make sure to rest and have your "me" R&R time away from hustling.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by SeunNotOwner: 6:25am On Oct 04, 2021
chatinent:

Honestly, it makes more sense to send people in need money than sending big prayers. The money is like a prayer answered. Think about it.
cc: lalasticlala, mynd44 seun

My Pastor wanted to give a women money yesterday but she sneak out of the church, even when the pastor asked her to wait. I was sent to her house, again she was not at home.

That woman is in your category who thinks churchy things is a problematic.

Just because of indomie, egg and banana, You want to work 247? Body to tell you na
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by iammarvellux(m): 6:35am On Oct 04, 2021
This reminds me of one of my pastors who employed me to work for him. He has trucks for haulage and 7 Suzuki mini vans that operates for him.

I was in one sector of the company (truck haulage) we go to tincan everyday even on Sundays.. I questioned his older staff why he would allow his trucks on the road on a Sunday being a man of God that preaches against such but they the staff see him as an hypocrite. The pastor went to the staffs that operates his mini vans and told them not to work on Sundays for its for the LORD while me and my colleagues in the truck section works almost all the Sundays.

I have left that job, till date he still does the same .

Wetin God go judge plenty.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 04, 2021
ahnie:

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

You have 6 days out of 7 to make money. If you trust God to expand your business, you wouldn't need a Sunday sell to survive. Point is, you don't trust God enough yet.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by ifeanyi317(m): 8:02am On Oct 04, 2021
madam if morning church no work for u do evening church or u do online service all na still the same no dey justify nonsense

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by chatinent: 8:04am On Oct 04, 2021
SeunTheOwner:

My Pastor wanted to give a women money yesterday but she sneak out of the church, even when the pastor asked her to wait. I was sent to her house, again she was not at home.

That woman is in your category who thinks churchy things is a problematic.

Just because of indomie, egg and banana, You want to work 247? Body to tell you na

Read her story.

Loan her the ₦30k. Tag and blame me.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by belcom10(m): 8:31am On Oct 04, 2021
May God bless your hustle, My advice, Life is not by struggle dear. Come to think of it do you make the 30k that day. God is faithful, Give him his time too.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by ahnie: 8:49am On Oct 04, 2021
NetValueFX:

You have 6 days out of 7 to make money. If you trust God to expand your business, you wouldn't need a Sunday sell to survive. Point is, you don't trust God enough yet.
Noted!
Thank you sir,do have a pleasant day.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by ahnie: 8:50am On Oct 04, 2021
ifeanyi317:
madam if morning church no work for u do evening church or u do online service all na still the same no dey justify nonsense
Noted Mr ifeanyi!
Do have a pleasant day.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by ahnie: 8:51am On Oct 04, 2021
armyofone:
You can be righteous in front of your mortar and frying pan. It is the Lord's doing.

"The violent take it by force"
Matt 11:12

Just make sure to rest and have your "me" R&R time away from hustling.

Lolz onyearmy.

1 Like

Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by Kayyus09(m): 9:14am On Oct 04, 2021
ahnie:

Good morning I use to hustle on Sundays before,but I ve stopped doing so for many months now.

I only went to hustle yesterday,because I needed to get some items.it doesn't mean I would start hustling henceforth on Sundays.

God will prosper the work of your hands and reward your little efforts with great results.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by bazuka001(m): 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2021
Bag of potatoes, paints of rice, paints of garri, tubers of yam plus jara sef....the Lord is good. Abeg what is the hustle make I learn
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by intruder15(m): 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
EternalBeing:
Lal las, na food go kill you! Just like Esau that sold his eternal birth right, you chose food over spending time to know your CREATOR. FFK brother.

Did you read the reason behind why she sold today? Do you think God look at your actions? I won't judge you. You know yourself. Be humane to one another let alone your family.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by holuhseun(m): 12:08am On Oct 05, 2021
ahnie:

Food is ready.
Indomie
3 eggs
Carrots
Green peas
Plantain.
Yum yum

Pls don't confuse yourself, don't confuse being religious to being a Christian. Christianity is a life that flows out of your relationship with Jesus. You do Sunday or u no do is not the question. The Question is are you Saved, do u know the lord Jesus christ. After this question is when you ll know if what the lord said in the Bible is for you or not. Stop making mockery of yourself all because you knw people will support you.
I stand to be corrected, a xtian won't come here to be making mockery of his/her xtian tenets.
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by ahnie: 5:42am On Oct 05, 2021
holuhseun:

Pls don't confuse yourself, don't confuse being religious to being a Christian. Christianity is a life that flows out of your relationship with Jesus. You do Sunday or u no do is not the question. The Question is are you Saved, do u know the lord Jesus christ. After this question is when you ll know if what the lord said in the Bible is for you or not. Stop making mockery of yourself all because you knw people will support you.
I stand to be corrected, a xtian won't come here to be making mockery of his/her xtian tenets.
Thank you sir,Do have a pleasant day
Bye!
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by shantti(m): 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
That plantain set die, hw much did u buy it?
Re: See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. by ahnie: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2021
shantti:
That plantain set die, hw much did u buy it?
#700.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 / Have You Ever Tried This Ancient Technique? (picture Included) / Bride-to-be Bachelorette Party Cake Causes Stir Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.