Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? (861 Views)

The Road To Recover Nigeria From Our Number One Problem - Oyewole Michael / Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni / Yorùbá Nation: What Do We Want? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
Nigeria today is faced with a barrage of challenges in all the sectors of the country.

It would take months or even years to solve some of the problems we currently have as a nation.

So which one should be tackled first? Which of our many issues deserves our undivided attention? Which of our challenges is so urgent that it should be addressed first and foremost before all the others?

Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2021
?
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by AlexBells(m): 7:42pm On Oct 08, 2021
As a nation our number one priority should be being a nation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2021
AlexBells:
As a nation our number one priority should be being a nation

interesting... but the agitations for secession are not that strong... i don't believe it is an immediate problem that need urgent attention... why do you believe so?
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Nadaken: 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2021
Equity and fairness

Because north can ñot exist under this condition that's why we are were we are
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2021
Peaceful separation into smaller but stronger entities.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2021
TripleOh7:

Is secession really the cure for out problems? Do you really think so?

1 Like

Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nadaken:
Equity and fairness

Because north can ñot exist under this condition that's why we are were we are

What do you mean by the bolded?
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Is secession really the cure for out problems? Do you really think so?

Yup. That's the only solution.

Nigeria is an entity that should never ever have been created.

If we don't divide it now, we will all die trying to save it.

Those who are coming to kill us are already at our doorstep.

2 Likes

Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Nadaken: 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

What do you mean by the bolded?
lf regions dictate their resources under equity and fairness north would suffer

If the best brains are to be chosen for anything north would suffer

If law is followed the north doesn't follow law they would suffer
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by AlexBells(m): 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

interesting... but the agitations for secession are not that strong... i don't believe it is an immediate problem that need urgent attention... why do you believe so?
Being a nation is practically not about secession, as a matter of fact, there is no secessionist group currently in Nigeria, there are only rebellion and violent pressure group, for it to really be a session a lot of factors needs to come into play, most likely things that hold us together as a nation needs to polarise before a secessesion aris to me,

what we have is a mismanaged pressure group by a failed government metamorphosing into a rebellion, they don't pose any real threat to the unity of the nation but they can swindle the loyalty of citizens but under an astute government these whole thing could be solved through a genuine touch,

when i talk about being a nation, I mean by first respecting our differences and then finding a way to work together in common interest
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:18pm On Oct 08, 2021
TripleOh7:

Yup. That's the only solution.

Nigeria is an entity that should never ever have been created.

If we don't divide it now, we will all die trying to save it.

Those who are coming to kill us are already at our doorstep.

Lol.. so you think that all our problems would be magically solved once we secede? But i don't think we will ever secede
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2021
AlexBells:

Being a nation is practically not about secession, as a matter of fact, there is no secessionist group currently in Nigeria, there are only rebellion and violent pressure group, for it to really be a session a lot of factors needs to come into play, most likely things that hold us together as a nation needs to polarise before a secessesion aris to me,

what we have is a mismanaged pressure group by a failed government metamorphosing into a rebellion, they don't pose any real threat to the unity of the nation but they can swindle the loyalty of citizens but under an astute government these whole thing could be solved through a genuine touch,

when i talk about being a nation, I mean by first respecting our differences and then finding a way to work together in common interest

Hmmm..
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by JaroMan: 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2021
Hismasterpiece:
Nigeria today is faced with a barrage of challenges in all the sectors of the country.

It would take months or even years to solve some of the problems we currently have as a nation.

So which one should be tackled first? Which of our many issues deserves our undivided attention? Which of our challenges is so urgent that it should be addressed first and foremost before all the others?
As a nation, I must first tell everyone that we're not a nation.
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 08, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Lol.. so you think that all our problems would be magically solved once we secede? But i don't think we will ever secede

If you read my post properly you'll realize there's nowhere I mentioned that ALL our problems would be solved if we seceded.

If you think Nigeria will not breakup, that's your opinion and it's ok.

Doesn't mean you're right.
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2021
AlexBells:

Your ignorance is astounding. Go and research all you can about NINAS and come back to edit your initial comment.
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by AlexBells(m): 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2021
TripleOh7:

Your ignorance is astounding. Go and research all you can about NINAS and come back to edit your initial comment.
You can advertise your pressure group without being insulting, even IPOB is far more credible than the NINAS that you are talking about but I don't quite refer IPOB as a secessionist group becuase there is no one with constitutional role leading the body, which means the people leading it have no official mandate,

If you watch the issue in Ethiopia that's on case of Tigray you would realise that some of their government members are vocally leading the movement but the case with IPOB, Abaribe is fond of them but he had denied official membership and he had never debated Biafra Exit in the Senate, what other secession ever been debated in the senate floor since the return of democracy

The fact is that Biafra was an official secessionist in 1967 but what we have today is restoring the secession not the actual thing itself the actual thing happened in the past and IPOB is only soliciting for referendum which makes them an official pressure group or human right group,

IPOB is saying, look, the people have the right to chose their country, last time I checked they had not declared Second Biafra becuase Biafra had been so NINAS is a human right pressure group not a secessionist, I haven't had anyone with constitutional mandate speak about it
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 08, 2021
Unity!! But it seems unity is overrated in this country
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2021
AlexBells:

You can advertise your pressure group without being insulting, even IPOB is far more credible than the NINAS that you are talking about but I don't quite refer IPOB as a secessionist group becuase there is no one with constitutional role leading the body, which means the people leading it have no official mandate,

If you watch the issue in Ethiopia that's on case of Tigray you would realise that some of their government members are vocally leading the movement but the case with IPOB, Abaribe is fond of them but he had denied official membership and he had never debated Biafra Exit in the Senate, what other secession ever been debated in the senate floor since the return of democracy

The fact is that Biafra was an official secessionist in 1967 but what we have today is restoring the secession not the actual thing itself the actual thing happened in the past and IPOB is only soliciting for referendum which makes them an official pressure group or human right group,

IPOB is saying, look, the people have the right to chose their country, last time I checked they had not declared Second Biafra becuase Biafra had been so NINAS is a human right pressure group not a secessionist, I haven't had anyone with constitutional mandate speak about it

Lol.

First, I never insulted you. Ignorance of something isn't an insult. It means that you aren't aware of it.

One would think that you would avail yourself the opportunity to find out about the NINAS I mentioned, but you didn't.

Second, your statement that IPOB is far more credible than NINAS goes to show how you process your thoughts.

Frankly, I'm not impressed.

Who is the leader of IPOB? Nnamdi Kanu. What clout does he have in the international community? Zero? How many US, UN, UK and EU leaders has he met on behalf of IPOB and Biafra agitation? Zero. What are this man's qualifications? I heard he was a dropout of some sorts.

If there's any group that will get Biafra for the Igbos, that group is NINAS. I want you to bookmark this comment.

Do you know those involved with NINAS?
Do you know the extent of the work that NINAS has done? Do you know whom NINAS has actually sat down with concerning self determination? Are you aware that NINAS is made up of the west, the east, the south and Middle-Belt groups? That the West, i.e the Yoruba group, Ilana Omo Oodua alone is made up of over 300 different and very serious self determination subgroups spread across the corners of the world? And that's just for the Yoruba Ilana Omo Oodua alone.

E go shock you.

Maybe you should go and do some research on NINAS first. Check some of their activities on YouTube. Then you can check the famous constitutional force majeure proclamation last year December to understand what's going on exactly. That document is what the US Congress and executive, the UN and the EU are working with currently.

So, I don't understand how it is you're comparing IPOB with NINAS for crying out loud.

Oh BTW, the leader of NINAS is professor Banji Akintoye, a seasoned and renowned historian and the secretary of NINAS is barrister Tony Nnadi, a very vibrant and brilliant lawyer.

Here's the link:

https://ninasffn.org/constitutional-force-majeure/

Don't say I didn't do anything for you.
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by AlexBells(m): 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2021
TripleOh7:

Lol.

First, I never insulted you. Ignorance of something isn't an insult. It means that you aren't aware of it.

One would think that you would avail yourself the opportunity to find out about the NINAS I mentioned, but you didn't.

Second, your statement that IPOB is far more credible than NINAS goes to show how you process your thoughts.

Who is the leader of IPOB? Nnamdi Kanu. What clout does he have in the international community? Zero? How many US, UN, UK and EU leaders has he met on behalf of IPOB and Biafra agitation? Zero. What are this man's qualifications? I heard he was a dropout of some sorts.

If there's any group that will get Biafra for the Igbos, that group is NINAS. I want you to bookmark this comment.

Do you know the extent of the work that NINAS has done? Do you know whom NINAS has actually sat down with concerning self determination? Are you aware that NINAS is made up of the west, the east, the south and Middle-Belt groups? That the West, i.e the Yoruba group, Ilana Omo Oodua alone is made up of over 300 different and very serious self determination subgroups spread across the corners of the world? And that's just for the Yoruba Ilana Omo Oodua alone.

E go shock you.

Maybe you should go and do some research on NINAS first. Check some of their activities on YouTube. Then you can check the famous constitutional force majeure proclamation last year December to understand what's going on exactly. That document is what the US Congress and executive, the UN and the EU are working with currently.

So, I don't understand how it is you're comparing IPOB with NINAS for crying out loud.

Oh BTW, the leader of NINAS is professor Banji Akintoye, a seasoned and renowned historian and the secretary of NINAS is barrister Tony Nnadi, a very vibrant and brilliant lawyer.

Here's the link:

First I have heard about NINAS and you need to know me, I belong to Nzeogwu's school of thought and as polititian I belong to Ziks school of thought so while I don't see Nigeria as indivisible I see Nigeria unity as crucial, I don't see Nigeria as one country, I see Nigeria as a united nation having said that, secessionist don't impress me whatsoever,

You guys are caward honestly secessionist are cawards and this NINAS from the little you have told me is the worst of all, so it is assume the entire Nigeria is United under NINAS against the core North you guys glorify Fulani a lot and that my problem so according to you guys Fulanis are the problem of this country and no one else contributes.

Okay if we all agree that Fulanis are the problem why can't we look them in the face and confront them, you want to keep running lol,

As for your Akintoye and Kanu, first of all forget University degrees, it is not becuase I'm Igbo, Kanu is a secessionist celebrity in this line of endeavour, he is a super star secessionist and hey, If I'm the president dude is getting at least 1000 years lol,

Nobody fears the Yorubas in this line of business you are too diplomatic to cause real chaos, I wish secessionist luck though, as far as you don't disturb the peace of law abiding Nigerians, you are free to exercise your right to the moon,

One more thing, it is better you go and argue for secession clause so that the west and North can leave Nigeria for the East as a matter of fact,
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Caboceer: 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Acquisition of practical.skills

Convert 60% of tertiary educational institutions to technical colleges and universities, and teach the populace to actually do stuff with their hands

The youth are into yahoo because they lack access to productive pursuits/endeavors (which actually do not exist anymore)
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 09, 2021
AlexBells:

First I have heard about NINAS and you need to know me, I belong to Nzeogwu's school of thought and as polititian I belong to Ziks school of thought so while I don't see Nigeria as indivisible I see Nigeria unity as crucial, I don't see Nigeria as one country, I see Nigeria as a united nation having said that, secessionist don't impress me whatsoever,

You guys are caward honestly secessionist are cawards and this NINAS from the little you have told me is the worst of all, so it is assume the entire Nigeria is United under NINAS against the core North you guys glorify Fulani a lot and that my problem so according to you guys Fulanis are the problem of this country and no one else contributes.

Okay if we all agree that Fulanis are the problem why can't we look them in the face and confront them, you want to keep running lol,

As for your Akintoye and Kanu, first of all forget University degrees, it is not becuase I'm Igbo, Kanu is a secessionist celebrity in this line of endeavour, he is a super star secessionist and hey, If I'm the president dude is getting at least 1000 years lol,

Nobody fears the Yorubas in this line of business you are too diplomatic to cause real chaos, I wish secessionist luck though, as far as you don't disturb the peace of law abiding Nigerians, you are free to exercise your right to the moon,

One more thing, it is better you go and argue for secession clause so that the west and North can leave Nigeria for the East as a matter of fact,

Unintentional ignorance is forgivable but wilful ignorance is unpardonable and cannot be cured until the ignorant decides to educate himself.

When you've taken my advice to do your research on what NINAS is all about, you can come back for this discussion.

I won't be wasting my time replying statements made out of deliberate and wilful ignorance based on ego.
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Justiceleague1: 7:02am On Oct 09, 2021
TripleOh7:

Lol.

E go shock you.

Here's the link:

But why include middle belt!?
Are they not under the same evil Arewa groy?
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 09, 2021
Justiceleague1:

But why include middle belt!?
Are they not under the same evil Arewa groy?

Lol. They are definitely NOT.

You see, the plan to categorize Middle-Belt as North central was a purely Fulani move to take over places like Benue and Plateau states.

Most of middle belt is predominantly Christian.

Go on YouTube and check out the interview with late Dr Obadiah Mailafia and you'll understand their plight better. He was from Benue state before his murder this year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by AlexBells(m): 8:06am On Oct 09, 2021
TripleOh7:

Unintentional ignorance is forgivable but wilful ignorance is unpardonable and cannot be cured until the ignorant decides to educate himself.

When you've taken my advice to do your research on what NINAS is all about, you can come back for this discussion.

I won't be wasting my time replying statements made out of deliberate and wilful ignorance based on ego.
This is not about Ego, I have made myself clear, I don't support one Nigeria but I believe in a united Nigeria, if you are smart you should figure out where I belong and as far as you go through legitimate process without interfering with the right of law abiding Nigerians or our interest you are good, this is not a plea nor a command it is an axiom
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by DoctorDree(m): 8:07am On Oct 09, 2021
Which nation??
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Nostradamus1: 8:14am On Oct 09, 2021
TripleOh7:
And the Igbo man will continue drug dealing to spoil Biafra name , The Yoruba man will continue Rituals to spoil Oodua name and the North will come under their sharia

Also , Tinubu will continue ruling Oodua, KANU will rule biafra
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 09, 2021
Nostradamus1:
And the Igbo man will continue drug dealing to spoil Biafra name , The Yoruba man will continue Rituals to spoil Oodua name and the North will come under their sharia

Also , Tinubu will continue ruling Oodua, KANU will rule biafra

You haven't made any reasonable point. I'm sure you think you have. I'm here to assure you, you haven't.

First, while I can't speak for what'll happen in Igboland and the North, I know that the Nigerian system is what encourages wanton and blatant criminality in Yorubaland.

Before amalgamation, it used to be that there was nothing so shameful as to be caught stealing. Today, stealing is a national virtue.

Second, obviously, you'd prefer the vices you've conveniently allocated to some sections of the country to continue within Nigeria rather than break up and see if they can be stopped.

Your argument is, it is better as these vices are being committed in one Nigeria than if they were committed by individual nations outside of Nigeria.

Doesn't make sense to me.

If the Yorubas can't rule themselves, then let them perish. At least, they won't blame anyone. Same with other ethnicities in Nigeria, including yours.
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 09, 2021
AlexBells:

This is not about Ego, I have made myself clear, I don't support one Nigeria but I believe in a united Nigeria, if you are smart you should figure out where I belong and as far as you go through legitimate process without interfering with the right of law abiding Nigerians or our interest you are good, this is not a plea nor a command it is an axiom

"I don't support one Nigeria but I believe in a united Nigeria"

I give up on you fella. Odabo.
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:33am On Oct 09, 2021
JaroMan:

As a nation, I must first tell everyone that we're not a nation.

Why do you say we are not a nation?
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:34am On Oct 09, 2021
TripleOh7:

If you read my post properly you'll realize there's nowhere I mentioned that ALL our problems would be solved if we seceded.

If you think Nigeria will not breakup, that's your opinion and it's ok.

Doesn't mean you're right.

So you believe Nigeria will breakup eventually... why do you believe so?
Re: As A Nation, What Should Be Our Number One Priority? by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 09, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

So you believe Nigeria will breakup eventually... why do you believe so?

Jihad is coming to you very very soon. Watch out.

Read this:

https://westafricaweekly.substack.com/p/cornflakes-for-jihad-the-boko-haram

(1) (2) (Reply)

How 6 Igbo Traders Were Shot And Killed In Kaduna. / Evans sentenced to death / The Problem With My Yoruba Brethren -Ladi Ayodeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.