Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,527 members, 7,888,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:52 PM

How School Make You Illiterate Graduate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How School Make You Illiterate Graduate (191 Views)

Ghost Capture On Camera In Children School Make Sure To Pray For Them / How School Boys Used To Write Letters To Girl In 80s And 90s / See How School Examination Is Conducted In An Asian Country: Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How School Make You Illiterate Graduate by KamalGS: 1:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
How school makes you an illiterate As a little child, you’re a curious being,
you’re an experimental scientist. You wanted to learn, you wanted to research,
you wanted to know. You loved education. But one day you were taken to school and a
teacher started telling you that what education means is for you to cram or to understand what a teacher teaches
you and write it back to her during a test or an exam. By the time you’re done with schooling,
you honestly think that you’re educated. In today’s report, I’m going to be sharing
with you how the school makes you an illiterate.

American were asked to name one book they can remember, just any book. Out of about 10 people surveyed on the street,
I think only one of them can remember the name of a book. But Americans try. In my own country�, only one out of one thousand people read any book after they leave school. Somehow when people go to the university and graduated with a degree, something in them tells them that they are educated and if you’re educated, why bordering yourself reading books any longer?

The Deception about Certificate

My mentor Steven Courage story that changes my mindset �
When I was about 18, I started thinking about
it; why do we judge people with the decorated paper they carry? Why do we think someone is smart or even educated,
simply because he has a degree, which is a mere paper? When I was 21, I left school without any certificate
or degree. A degree is a god in the culture where I grew up, so everyone thought I was crazy. My brother invited me to his house and asked
me, “What can you do with your life without a degree?” I told him that I wanted to be an entrepreneur and I wanted to teach other people how to build companies. He believed that I couldn’t succeed without a degree and he seriously warned me against what I was trying to do. I believe so strongly that the number one evil in our educational system is the certificate, and I strongly agree with him.. Because people are given this decorated paper �, they somehow believe that education is in the paper.
The implication of this is that students who
are in school study, not because they want to learn, but because they want the paper
and immediately after they get the paper, that’s the end of education. If you think this is not true, then answer this question; why is it that most people stop reading immediately after they leave school?
The reason why most people stop reading when they leave school is that they think that they already educated since they have a degree.

the true education
For more than one decade now. Research believe that school doesn’t give education. Instead, school indoctrinates. School teaches you what the industrialists
want you to know, the school teaches you to be what the politicians what you to be. Let me explain. You see, there was no public school in the world for the most part of human existence. What we know as public schools today is less
than 2,000 years and the foundation is greatly questionable. What we know as public education today was
greatly influenced by three powers; the spiritual leaders, the industrialists, and the politicians and as you may guess, the industrialists had the last laugh because they have a lot of money to influence the system. Do you ever wonder why the school never teach you anything about money? Do you ever wonder why you were programmed to be employees? You ever wondered why little creativity is
allowed, why you only have to be like everyone and do what everyone does? Well, your education wasn’t that important
to the founders of the school system. What they want to achieve is to make you a
laborer and as a laborer, you don’t need to be creative or even educated. Just know how to obey orders.

Degrees and the jobs
Until recent time, a university degree is
required by every employer on the planet. But that’s changing so fast. For example Steven Courage own's a company where nobody was ever employed because of their degree. In fact, He employed people who never finish any university. This is because what He think about education
is different from what everyone thinks about it. To me, education is about self-development. Education is about skills. Education is about what YOU KNOW and what you can do with what YOU KNOW. Education doesn’t have anything to do with
the degree or the certificate. I believe so strongly that one of the ways
we can have a better education system is by destroying every certificate in our schools. If children know that the employers will judge them by what they know and by the solution they can provide, they will get a true education and even after they get the job, they will continue getting education because they know that they need to increase their values before an employer promote them and I think that trend has started already. According to Glassdoor many big companies no longer require degrees for some of their top job positions. Companies like; Google, Apple, Starbucks,
Nordstrom, Hilton, IBM, Agricexpect etc now have less respect for a degree than they did in the last few years and this is a trend I believe will go mainstream very soon

. You, think like an employer, does a degree
of anyone solves any problem in the workplace? No. What solves a problem is people’s brain and this requires constant education.

Your progress in life will be influence mostly by the books you read.
It’s very simple. When I read, I know what others don’t. If you can know what others don’t, you can believe in yourself the way they cannot and you can dare what they cannot dare. If you can try what others can’t try, you can achieve what they cannot achieve and it’s that simple. According to research from Thomas Crowley,
85 percent of self-made millionaires read two or more books per month. Most people in the world don’t read anything
after they get out of school and this is because the school has made them believe that education is the degree they carry. What if education isn’t a degree? What if a degree is just a paper? What if education means learning and knowing? But that’s the truth. Education isn’t the degree. Education isn’t the university you attended. Education is what YOU KNOW and the problem
you can solve with what YOU KNOW and that’s infinite. You can’t stop getting an education because you can’t know all you have to know about life. If you stop learning after school, you’re
illiterate. If the last time you read a book was when you have an exam, you’re illiterate.

Education outside the walls
Don’t be deceived that education leaves
inside the four walls of the school. The real education is outside the wall. Your observation of the world around you,
your curiosity to questions things and find answers, your eagerness to know about money, marriage, humans, and life in general, that’s education. Your eagerness to be the best in your industry, to read what others don’t, study what they don’t, search what they don’t. That’s education. Which book are you reading now? Which books did you read last month? Which audiobook do you have on your phone? How many educative blogs and YouTube channel
do you visit every month? Though school programmed you to believe that
when you have a degree you’re educated, the truth is that the day you should stop
getting an education is the day you stop breathing. As long as you breath every day, ought to improve your mind every day because there is no full stop in success. A degree isn’t education. Education is a constant learning and improvement
of your mind. Thank you so much for reading this to the end
The real education is the the education that you seek not the one given by the system' Vesu'
For more interesting information like this via my status connect with me on Whatsapp 09035005305
Re: How School Make You Illiterate Graduate by Mosetgg: 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
Can you call a Doctor, Lawyer, Engineer or a lecturer an educated person?

Or better say, can you allow a doctor to treat you or a lawyer to handle your case or an Engineer to build your house knowing he/she has no certificate from any qualified institution?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How School Make You Illiterate Graduate by KamalGS: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2021
Very good school sir/ma
I appreciate your reading �
But before I answer let me ask you this question.
Can you give inexperience lawyer to handle you case , an inexperience doctor to handle your health or inexperience engineer to building you house?
Or
Where is the best place for a lawyer to learn law school or bar
Where is the best place for a doctor to learn treatment school or hospital etc

Why did you think company always believed in you experience than your degree.
Re: How School Make You Illiterate Graduate by KamalGS: 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2021
Of course I can � provided he can show me what he have done before
People believe in testimony and experience than a degree

The world will witness more jobless people for same reason. Show what you have done then I will believe you than you degree.
A low grade with a good experience will overshadow a good grade with no experience sir

(1) (Reply)

The Living Corpse / Kraken Login – Buy, Sell And Margin Trade Bitcoin / Learn Mathematical Induction (pure Maths)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.