Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone (46254 Views)

10 Reasons Android Beats The Iphone / Airtel Blackberry Data Plan 3gb For N1000 On Android Still Working, See New Sett / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Ladimir77: 5:50pm On Oct 03, 2021
1. Better values
If you want an iPhone, you have eight choices: the $349 iPhone SE, the $449 iPhone 6s, the $549 iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 7, the $669 iPhone 7 Plus, the $699 iPhone 8, the $799 iPhone 8 Plus, and the $999 iPhone X. While the 4-inch iPhone SE may sound like a bargain in comparison to its big brothers, you can find a really great Android phone that sells for less than $349 and comes with a much bigger screen.

2. 3.5mm headphone jacks
All phones since the iPhone 7 lack the 3.5mm audio jack that lets you connect a pair of standard headphones. If you want to listen to music on your Apple handset, you'll have to use a dongle, connect a pair of Bluetooth headphones or buy a wired set that uses the company's proprietary Lightning connector.

3. USB Type-C charging ports with fast charging
If you want to charge an iPhone or connect it to your computer for any reason, you'll need a cable with Apple's proprietary Lightning port. Unfortunately, other than iPhones and iPads, no devices charge over Lightning, so you can't share the same set of cables with your other gear. This is ironic, because Apple's MacBooks charge via USB-C.

4. Customization, widgets and skins
Like a father in a 1950s sitcom, Apple thinks it knows what's best for you, no matter what you need or want, so it locks down the UI and offers fewer customizations than Google does. You're limited to a few select widgets. But with Android, you can choose from thousands of widgets that live on your home or lock screens and provide everything from music playback to weather and note taking, but not gonna lie official android website https://www.android.com/ looks much worse than their competitors

5. Many more hardware options, including rugged phones
At one time, Google's marketing tagline for Android was "Be Together. Not the Same." That makes sense, because the platform appears on hundreds of different phone models around the world. You can get Android phones with giant screens, small screens, modular add-ons, QWERTY keyboards and replaceable batteries.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Flamees(m): 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2021
Android beats iphone in many aspects
Gone are the days iphone used the be the only option for camera

155 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by tellsblinks(m): 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
Flamees:
If na camera you want carry pixel or Huawei
If na Hardcore processor carry Samsung
If na security you want carry pixel

So you can Opt in for security and Camera for Pixel
My next phone must me pixel I'm tired of Samsung

Wetin happen boss?? My baba xiaomi no appear for your list?

10 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Telegram234(m): 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2021
Flamees:
If na Hardcore processor carry Samsung

If na RAM, tecno get am
If na camera, oppo get am
If na battery, itel get am

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Donvic4u(m): 11:01pm On Oct 03, 2021
For God sake iPhone is a device, Android is an operating system

501 Likes 27 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by sunshineV(f): 11:36pm On Oct 03, 2021
iphone is not for everyone (no be money aspect o) u gas be okay with being limited

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Onyenna(m): 1:37am On Oct 04, 2021
You’re comparing Iphone with an OS!?

Why not compare IOS with Android...... or iPhone with Samsung.... etc....

Topic is misleading....... Change your topic.....

168 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Flamees(m): 6:43am On Oct 04, 2021
tellsblinks:

Wetin happen boss?? My baba xiaomi no appear for your list?
Sorry boss make I add am smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by YourFavorite21(m): 7:21am On Oct 04, 2021
Iphone is just too boring, you will be limited to somethings, you can't even customize your phone widget sef. undecided abeg Samsung or Oppo na d best.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Ojycelarma: 7:30am On Oct 04, 2021
What's the difference between device and operating system biko nu

11 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by 38Noob: 8:33am On Oct 04, 2021
Flamees:
If na Hardcore processor carry Samsung or most especially Xiaomi or Vivo
If you want cool features carry Xiaomi or Samsung

Nothing beats iPhone in processor and security.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by DhatPeacefuldud(m): 9:07am On Oct 04, 2021
I'm contented with my Spark 7p grin.. Btw, Your topic should be... 5 Reasons Android Still Beats The IOS

17 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Donvic4u(m): 9:13am On Oct 04, 2021
Ojycelarma:
What's the difference between device and operating system biko nu

No wonder
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by lyriclekidd(m): 10:26am On Oct 04, 2021
38Noob:
Nothing beats iPhone in processor and security.

Even blackberry beat iPhone in security. Ask around.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by MYSTIKUE: 10:33am On Oct 04, 2021
I understand what op is saying.....
First, saying Android vs IOS makes it look like all Android phone vs all apple products, iPad, iPhone and the rest....
The general name we call smartphone, aside from iPhone is Android... Only if IOS is creating another smartphone entirely, just like Tecno, samsung, xiaomi etc are all under Android (using the os), other phone manufacturer could probably use the ios(that's if apple will free)....
So what am saying in general is that... Apple owns iOS and all smartphone, smartwatch etc using the ios... Where as Google owns Android, but not all smartphone, other smartphone just use the Android OS....

So op is right comparing Android with iPhone, because iPhone uses the ios, all other smartphone uses the Android.... So iPhone is representing the ios here....

Thanks

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by charlesm91(m): 10:51am On Oct 04, 2021
YourFavorite21:
Iphone is just too boring, you will be limited to somethings, you can't even customize your phone widget sef. undecided abeg Samsung or Oppo na d best.
lord knows I’ve tried with the customization aspect. To have beautiful wallpapers and not be able to arrange your icons so that the wallpaper can shine is a buzz kill. ios is good and has its strengths but waking everyday to the homescreen is depressing; even with the widgets which still can’t be placed anywhere. In the end we all adapt to how apple sees fit

13 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Kayconcept2(m): 11:40am On Oct 04, 2021
More reason I have stayed glued to my Camon 15 and recently my Phantom x

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by 38Noob: 12:35pm On Oct 04, 2021
lyriclekidd:

Even blackberry beat iPhone in security. Ask around.
go buy blackberry na undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by toyorlee: 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
wen its come to security ios is the best .......................................................

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Donvic4u(m): 2:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
MYSTIKUE:
I understand what op is saying.....
First, saying Android vs IOS makes it look like all Android phone vs all apple products, iPad, iPhone and the rest....
The general name we call smartphone, aside from iPhone is Android... Only if IOS is creating another smartphone entirely, just like Tecno, samsung, xiaomi etc are all under Android (using the os), other phone manufacturer could probably use the ios(that's if apple will free)....
So what am saying in general is that... Apple owns iOS and all smartphone, smartwatch etc using the ios... Where as Google owns Android, but not all smartphone, other smartphone just use the Android OS....

So op is right comparing Android with iPhone, because iPhone uses the ios, all other smartphone uses the Android.... So iPhone is representing the ios here....

Thanks

So the tecno and itel phones that don't have type c charger are what? Kai os abi...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Suspect33(m): 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
Lol, conference of broke Nairalanders grin grin grin

See the oponu up there comparing iPhone to tecno and itel. grin

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by 2rez: 4:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
Rooting. When u talk about rooting, iPhone will prostrate for Android. It's incontestable.

10 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Ojycelarma: 5:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
No wonder what? That I'm Igbo?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by confirmedniggae: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
A
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
iPhone is like a rich Nigerian that is always on its own and getting criticized by poor people.

iPhone is not doing competition with android. But android users will not allow it to rest. Typical Nigerian way.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by FolabiCash: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
It's always "reasons why Android is better than iPhone" and not the other way round, that's how you should know which one is really better .

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by mactoni91(m): 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
Here's the main reason...

" Open source "

Open source gives you full access to tweak without limitations.

No doubt iOS has top-notch security but it's overhyped and overpriced.

Not a fan of iOS because of its limitations.
Very useless OS

19 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by DropsMic(m): 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
Yawn
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by elonmuskbaby: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone by frankmoney(m): 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
Both OS are equally matched ...
Most new Android devices lack the headphone jack
Most new IOS devices support fast charging

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 6, 2020 Most Liked Posts On Instagram / The Difference Between Glo Data Plans And Other Networks / Funny Message Someone Sent To MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.