Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent (42246 Views)

My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum / My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification / My Husband Donated His Sperm For IVF Without My Consent -nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Help2020: 7:27am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartment. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?
What do you want to do?I'm surprise you brought this question here..You parents moved into your house, though uncompleted you're seeking for someone to tell you what to do?OK chase them away from the house OK?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by T4kbaba(m): 7:27am On Oct 04, 2021
FahBuLous:
Don't do anything...
They are your parents, if you really love them, let them live there for now... [/b]When you are back from outside the country, Rent another apartment for them...[b]

I know people value their privacy alot...

You can't know the implications of the bolded statement till you become a parent.
Why can't he build house for his parents before his. A responsible parent sacrifices a lot for children to become important person in life. I froze my account this morning to pay their school fees. I appreciate my parents more when I become a parent too. Your parents first ni ooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by AfroKnight: 7:28am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78, is it a single family home (duplex or bungalow) or a block of flats or a semi-detached?

It’s your parents you’re talking about here. And they don’t have a house of their own. If there’s space for tenants, then just forgo the apartment they are occupying.

If the house is meant for just one family, then start looking for another land to buy. Cos ultimately, you cannot eject your parents from your property.

But really, if they had asked you for permission to move in, would you have said no?

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by LordVarys1: 7:28am On Oct 04, 2021
If you can't build another house for them, please allow them stay in that house for now. They are your parents. And for the fact that you are not planning a return now. U can raise some money as well and build them something decent if you really like that house and don't want them there.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by anochuko01(m): 7:28am On Oct 04, 2021
Which kind parents be these ones?

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Coldie(m): 7:28am On Oct 04, 2021
Emarvel:
They're your parents, African parents don't like paying rentage.
Just make more money and hasten the maintenance of the house for them, afterall you're not coming to the house to live forever.

This is a very bad advice. If u think making money abroad is like you are plucking it from tree.

In abroad, they pay u based on your time, imagine if he used 5 or 10years to save the money for that house are u saying he should deny himself another 5 or 10years to save another money?

What I think he should do is check his timing, when does he intend to relocate back to Nigeria?

Even if he doesn’t, how long does he intend to stay in the house yearly? When he considers all dz things the.man he can make a decision

9 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Born2conquer: 7:28am On Oct 04, 2021
mastermaestro:

People like you will always be helpless and stranded in your greatest moments of needs. I am not in anyway cursing you though. You are advising him to uproot his parents and send them back to a rented apartment when there is a free empty house? sad
A free empty house?? C’mon, Nigerians why na

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 04, 2021
GofuckYourself:
as you judge your parents so will you be judged but more severely. As you belittle them with this ridiculous attention seeking post so will you be belittled but more severely. As you think evil thoughts spurred by pride and arrogance towards they who cared for you when you were vulnerable so will you be disregarded and tossed aside worse when your time comes .

It is not me who curses you with this but your own deeds and thoughts, for the laws of karma are absolute. You have laid a terrible fate for yourself and for all who this ridiculous post influences to think wrongly so will you to chained in the afterlife until this come to recognition of their misdeeds

I wish you strength for what is coming your way

Cheers

Ah ah

I no dey understand some of Una again sef, is not as if he didn't pay for their house rent nah sad

Nah him and his wife contribute to build the house.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by CUMIN: 7:28am On Oct 04, 2021
Your parents were renting house, you didn't plan their own quarters when drawing your plan...do you want them to keep renting house ...MBA, we're not going to support you on this.

Just accommodate them there. Till you build another one for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by fotadmowmend(m): 7:29am On Oct 04, 2021
That is the problem people who travel abroad to hustle faces. Their immediate relatives and others believe they are rich almost immediately getting there so they put heavy loads on them. To be frank, your parents assumed that you are building for them. My advice is that you sacrifice that for them, keep your money and plan to buy a house whenever you come home as no one can be trusted

11 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by dopechoks(m): 7:29am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I'm married and the development of the house is from the purse of me and my wife

why is no one talking about this?

13 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Eze2000(m): 7:29am On Oct 04, 2021
DWJOBScom:
Treat it immediately

Let them know you intend staying in that house alone.

That they need to move back to their apartment or find another

noooooo

if you not married , you will need to marry and live with your wife alone without your parents (that shit is not funny at all)

if you are married , your family needs that privacy without a debate.

Please ask them to leave the house!

You are the type of child people fast and pray not to get

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by AngelicBeing: 7:29am On Oct 04, 2021
descarado:
What do you want to do?
Probably to chase them out, nawao, wetin person no go read for nairaland.com shocked

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by officialfysh(m): 7:30am On Oct 04, 2021
That should be a blessing
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by samdaisi: 7:30am On Oct 04, 2021
Oga if you now heard in where you are that one of them has been beried in that uncompleted house what would you do,
I am happey for you that God has given you a frugal parent in Nigeria
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Born2conquer: 7:31am On Oct 04, 2021
DWJOBScom:

No comment Kid
It must be tough for you to reason my way
Don't worry , you are almost there
Sincerely most people dropping comments have never built any house, I believe it’s greed on the parents Side.

The guy is still sending house rent for you and the house is yet to be completed, why would they move to the house

It is not even about the parents moving in, it’s the relative they will keep inviting which will be hard to uproot later.

The parents are merely creating haters for the guy, because once he’s back and he ask everybody to leave, people will definitely see him as a bad person!

C’mon, and nobody will EVER MAINTAIN YOUR THING THE WAY YOU WILL MAINTAIN IT

11 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Corporate2020: 7:31am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartment. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?

Arrest them nah, bad pikin.

Some parents have used money sent to them by their children for Owambe.

You don't deserve such good parents because you are a bad child

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Acidosis(m): 7:31am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I'm married and the development of the house is from the purse of me and my wife

You will lose your wife's respect if you don't compensate her. She's not the reason your parents couldn't build a house for themselves. Return her share of the money if you must leave that apartment for your parents.

If you're not going to compensate her, then kindly be prepared to entertain her secrets. If I were in her shoes right now, I will NEVER agree to a joint contribution with you again.

19 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by HelpYourself(m): 7:32am On Oct 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Ah ah

I no dey understand some of Una again sef, is not as if he didn't pay for their house rent nah sad

Nah him and his wife contribute to build the house.

My dear I only spoke the spiritual laws. You must be new here , I am a spiritualist. All i said is true .

I will reap severely what he has sown today
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by carbon1224(m): 7:32am On Oct 04, 2021
Sincerely you have a very good parent cos they know how to manage your resources for you .firstly you are suppose to consider your parent first before building your own house cos they cannot be staying in a rent apartment for long.next time you buy a house for them and let them know they re the owner of it. Be grateful to god for giving you a good parent that doesn’t waste your money on something else.let them stay there as long as they want and if you don’t want them there you should considering buy a house and renovate it and make it clean and present it to them that this is there personal house and it belongs to them.theu would be happy forever.

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by otokx(m): 7:32am On Oct 04, 2021
It always amuses me when those abroad start house project in Nigeria; it usually ends in tears.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by AngelicBeing: 7:33am On Oct 04, 2021
mastermaestro:

I doubt if the same JESUS CHRIST I know whom you claim to be preaching on your signature will endorse this heartless, selfish advice you offered here. You need JESUS more than those you are preaching to.
Such a soulless, loveless line of thinking! sad
Gbam, hahaha cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Born2conquer: 7:33am On Oct 04, 2021
Emarvel:

I mean not to insult you buh keep quiet, drop your pen and think well before you write again.
His parents are not dragging the property with him, unless the OP is schooling abroad, there's really no point why he should be furious about this.
Even if you give birth to 20 children abroad, none of them will come here and drag the property.
Living abroad and having a house in Naija, is just like saving for the rainy day, should incase you're deported, you'll have a place to stay.
Buh other than that, if you live all your good life abroad, none of your children abroad will come to Naija and drag property.
Logically, it makes no sense, having a house and your parents are in rent.
Are you living in a rented apartment?
If you’re living in your house, hope your parents are also living in a standard house built by you? If No
Why can’t you allow them to live with you fully and also allow your SIBLINGS to move in with you and your family??

12 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Lamasta(m): 7:33am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
Let them be anytime you are ready to come settle down in the house just get them another accommodation so they can move in there while you move into your home with your wife but for the main time let them be....
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by InHeaven(m): 7:33am On Oct 04, 2021
Would you chase them out of the house or what? What do you mean by what should you do?

Some people sha
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Commentor: 7:33am On Oct 04, 2021
Look for koboko or Soldiers.

Shebi na the thing wey you want hear.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Acidosis(m): 7:34am On Oct 04, 2021
carbon1224:
Sincerely you have a very good parent cos they know how to manage your resources for you .firstly you are suppose to consider your parent first before building your own house cos they cannot be staying in a rent apartment for long.next time you buy a house for them and let them know they re the owner of it. Be grateful to god for giving you a good parent that doesn’t waste your money on something else.let them stay there as long as they want and if you don’t want them there you should considering buy a house and renovate it and make it clean and present it to them that this is there personal house and it belongs to them.theu would be happy forever.

Mumu post. You clearly made it about the man. What about the wife and her contributions toward the project?

Na why modern wives will continue to play smarter than you people. Which woman will marry you like this without ruining your life with secrets??

You people think women are idio.ts who can't see beyond una stup!dity? I will be surprised if your wife fails build a house without your knowledge and make sure you develop high B.P grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by overlord77: 7:34am On Oct 04, 2021
Brandonx:
I don't know why the OP is making this an issue.

It's a normal thing except your parents had a house before you started building.

Even when they do, if they are the ones handling the project the moment it's completed they are most likely to move in.

Op you won't be needing the apartment trust me I'll even advice you invest in your country of residence. My sister spent a fortune building a gigantic house some 25 years ago, today the house is just there nobody's talking about the place , even her kids won't move down to Nigeria to claim her property.

Very right. There is absolutely no sense in building a house in Nigeria while am abroad. In the long run, it becomes a waste. If for any reason I have to return then I can buy and dispose when done.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Blackman101: 7:35am On Oct 04, 2021
catch 22
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by afamaustin(m): 7:35am On Oct 04, 2021
FahBuLous:
Don't do anything...
They are your parents, if you really love them, let them live there for now... When you are back from outside the country, Rent another apartment for them...

I know people value their privacy alot...
u are wicked,y can't he give the one room to leave in their son house,he should be happy his parents are alive to leave in his on house
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by lafex: 7:35am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
U should even be happy that it's ur parents and they build the house. I know of someone that was sending money to his brother to build house but the brother was sending fake picture of someone house to him while collection a huge some of money from abroad. I even expect u to build their small house for them first vbefore considering ur own. My first brother who's even in Nigeria built our parents house first before building his his big house.
Guy, try to hustle more and build ur own house that u can live when u r back.
Best of luck
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by AyomideOG01: 7:35am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:

Prodigal son, see how u are disgracing urself. Your own parents that gave birth to u and nurtured u is whom u are asking for our support to throw out of ur house. Those who have parents don't value them...smh. If only my own father had bn alive...oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Identical Twins Pregnant With Identical Twins Pose For Maternity Photos / OPC Member & NURTW Official Fight Over Paternity Of 11-Year-Old Girl / Nairaland's Cutest Baby Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.