Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent (42285 Views)

My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum / My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification / My Husband Donated His Sperm For IVF Without My Consent -nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by juman(m): 7:56am On Oct 04, 2021
Pay your wife her money contributed to build the house.

They have robbed you and your wife of the house.
That's how family members and most people one way or the other rob their victims.

There is no way to chase them out.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 04, 2021
Simran94:

As in, the comments here are really annoying
Very annoying.

The parents are wrong just moving into the apartment without informing him.

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by chrisj2(m): 7:57am On Oct 04, 2021
descartes400:

Do you know if he is building the house for business purposes? Like for rentage?

Now consider this...if the rentage of where his parents are staying in is 500k.. and at the completion of his ongoing house, he intends to rent it out for 2 or 3million a year or so? Do the math...
From the money accrued from the rentage of the house, he can comfortably take care of his parents rent and other welfare needs of his parents and will still have some change left...which can be use for other projects..like building another house for the parents.

I like your comment because just because they are parents does not give them the right to abuse their position... They did not even communicate they were going to move it - that is not nice. African culture is not progressive at all... Weird and backward thinking... What sorry black tax is someone talking about? Parents have children - no one forced them, and not all of them are as good and positive as people claim. He pays their rent too...

Lastly, I think some people have missed the part where he said the house belongs to his wife and himself - not just himself to and family... Should the wife now forfeit her investment because the parents-in-law have now done wayo?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Davash222(m): 7:57am On Oct 04, 2021
mariahAngel:

I love African parents. grin
In no distant time, I'll become a parent, hope you'll love me too?

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by AntiWailer: 7:58am On Oct 04, 2021
Allow them.

Plan to build them a smaller house if the one u are building is for another purpose.

But for now just allow them stay there. It is better for the ongoing project.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by RZArecta(m): 7:58am On Oct 04, 2021
emae009:
you didn't consider your parents while planning your new house??

if this story dey true sha because.............
to them they are not wrong though. Why pay rent when they can live for free while you save up heh rent money.
On the other hand, you're also not wrong, invasion of privacy
he sent them rent and they collected the money. You don't understand where he's coming from, normally you wouldn't like people making use of your property without your permission. Their moving into his house wasn't in any prior discussion, they should have granted him that courtesy if not as their child then at least as a human being. He shouldn't shout but they should have told him first. That move if theirs has completely altered his plans because we don't know what type of jobs he's doing in that foreign land

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by FahBuLous: 7:59am On Oct 04, 2021
T4kbaba:

You can't know the implications of the bolded statement till you become a parent.
Why can't he build house for his parents before his. A responsible parent sacrifices a lot for children to become important person in life. I froze my account this morning to pay their school fees. I appreciate my parents more when I become a parent too. Your parents first ni ooo.
To build for his parents is not a bad thing , I would hv suggested that but what if he doesn't have the funds to??
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by guru03(m): 7:59am On Oct 04, 2021
I just hope you are mentally sound, these you post these morning is unnecessary.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Pacesetter123(m): 7:59am On Oct 04, 2021
Consent ko, conscience ni.
Wen the wer buying akara for you in the morning to eat n go to primary school, did they seek ur consent?
Wen they stopped buying new clothes for themselves in order to buy school uniform for you,did they seek your consent?Abeg shift one side make Malle and Popsy enjoy the fruits of their labour in peace!
U sef,no be Yankee u based? Or na school or biznes trip u dey go dere?
Even with that,wen u come back, if at all you dey come back to stay in 9ja here,build another house for them joor!
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by FahBuLous: 8:00am On Oct 04, 2021
afamaustin:
u are wicked,y can't he give the one room to leave in their son house,he should be happy his parents are alive to leave in his on house
How am I wicked?? undecided
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Emperorsirmi: 8:00am On Oct 04, 2021
NaijaOlosho:

Who is this animal?

Where are you raised?

Who born you
Why your parents no use condom

You be fool.

You are not wise at all.

Buhari is wiser than you.

Spits

They are saving the stupid dude some money and its unwise to be in abroad and your house is wasting away while your patents pay rent fool
You are the biggest fool here
What if it’s just a room and parlor apartment? Where is he supposed to stay?
Being in abroad no mean say life too rosy for him
Stop being foolish and calling other people foolish… his parents need to move out. Period!!!!!
Let me ask How many have you built for your parents �

7 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by DWJOBScom(m): 8:00am On Oct 04, 2021
Born2conquer:

Sincerely most people dropping comments have never built any house, I believe it’s greed on the parents Side.

The guy is still sending house rent for you and the house is yet to be completed, why would they move to the house

It is not even about the parents moving in, it’s the relative they will keep inviting which will be hard to uproot later.

The parents are merely creating haters for the guy, because once he’s back and he ask everybody to leave, people will definitely see him as a bad person!

C’mon, and nobody will EVER MAINTAIN YOUR THING THE WAY YOU WILL MAINTAIN IT

I even think there's a prompt from another relation to do that or the dude's siblings

It's a whole lot and must be jibbed immediately in the bud

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by MoneyTrees(m): 8:01am On Oct 04, 2021
If this is your mentality & Someone like you would be chosen to lead this country
Then Nigeria will always remain a zoo
You lack love
The sacrifices OP's parents made isn't enough inheritance?
OP's parents ain't looking for inheritance; they're simply considering the present economic conditions with the aim to alleviate how much their son spends and how much they're dependent on him
You wouldn't see this because like lots of Nigerians out there mediocrity runs in your veins

Shokoloko:

Its great that you said People like me and not me per se. Go and look at my posts: I have never been left helpless and stranded in my moment of need
Curses do not work if not the President would not be hale and hearty by now.
OP's parents are not in need. I didnt ask OP to abandon his parents. I asked OP to send money for them to rent a good and standard place. What they require is shelter; they do not require OPs personal house.

Proverbs 13:22: “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children.” (NKJV) Not a good man leaves inheritance for his parents.
That house is for OP's children and children's children.

He should honour his parents by providing reasonable shelter, and not by providing an inheritance for his parents.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Harddiskng(m): 8:01am On Oct 04, 2021
Everybody dey talk “They are your parents”, like all parent are good parents. Good parents leave inheritance for their children if you guys don’t know, check your bibles.

What happens when @Op needs his house? Until they start dragging the ownership of the house with him, with claims of how they spent their own money to build it too. Wetin consign me sef.

4 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by eseh1(f): 8:03am On Oct 04, 2021
Forgive me to say his story looks like a familiar story..
A son left a 3mnths brand new car under his father care while travelling out . Note d current car d father has was bought by d son 3 or 4yrs earlier. Few mnths after d son left, father started driving his new car and finally sold his own car that d car was faulty , with the mind dat e will be driving d son's car.
So wat do we call this?
What if the owner of d car returns?
Y not fix ur car or live it parked there until u can fix it?
This happened btw my bro and dad..
You kno wat i spoke d truth... you dont plan with some1's sweat. Its bad. If life was that easy, you wud have made ur money...

The children will do their best but pls dont ve entitled, rather pray that God continually blesses them to bless u.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Acidosis(m): 8:03am On Oct 04, 2021
NoToPile:

People don't understand how complex this situation he posted can get, the fact that they moved there without telling him is something I can't wrap my head around.

Na wa

Quite insensitive. The wife deserves a fair compensation sha cos that building is gone gone. The house will officially become the husband's family house.

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by domchike(m): 8:04am On Oct 04, 2021
Go and sit down you want to tell us about your fantasy mansion
You hve money to build house and your parents are leaving in face me i face you apartment
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by DWJOBScom(m): 8:04am On Oct 04, 2021
Emperorsirmi:
You are the biggest fool here
What if it’s just a room and parlor apartment? Where is he supposed to stay?
Being in abroad no mean say life too rosy for him
Stop being foolish and calling other people foolish… his parents need to move out. Period!!!!!
Let me ask How many have you built for your parents �

While am grateful you saw the foolishness but the curse was not necessary friend.

I am in agreement with you and just think most people commenting are just full of emotions.

I am an advocate of taking care of one's parents but not living with them unless one of them is deceased or incapable of physically taking of themselves.

A man has to build his fort and made it strong for his marriage.

Thankfully he can afford rent for them

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by GetMeRight: 8:05am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartment. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?

Lol. E remain how you wan comot dem for their son's house. Lol. This shit would be frustrating for you but hilarious to read on this side

1 Like

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Acidosis(m): 8:06am On Oct 04, 2021
Pacesetter123:
[s]Consent ko, conscience ni.
Wen the wer buying akara for you in the morning to eat n go to primary school, did they seek ur consent?
Wen they stopped buying new clothes for themselves in order to buy school uniform for you,did they seek your consent?Abeg shift one side make Malle and Popsy enjoy the fruits of their labour in peace!
U sef,no be Yankee u based? Or na school or biznes trip u dey go dere?
Even with that,wen u come back, if at all you dey come back to stay in 9ja here,build another house for them joor![/s]

This one already is planning to demand N100 million monthly from his kids because of akara and akamu.

Tout!

8 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by gabicon: 8:07am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartment. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?

You don't entrust a goat with a lion. Meaning you cant be sending your parents to build a house for you when they are living in a rented apartment. Your parents don't hate you, neither are they greedy, they just have a need and the solution to that need is under their noses. your only remedy now is to start building another house for yourself. There are companies registered in UK and US that build homes for people in Nigeria one of such is Aridan Construction Company registered in the UK, you can use such companies to avoid stories that touch.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by DWJOBScom(m): 8:07am On Oct 04, 2021
eseh1:
Forgive me to say his story looks like a familiar story..
A son left a 3mnths brand new car under his father care while travelling out . Note d current car d father has was bought by d son 3 or 4yrs earlier. Few mnths after d son left, father started driving his new car and finally sold his own car that d car was faulty , with the mind dat e will be driving d son's car.
So wat do we call this?
What if the owner of d car returns?
Y not fix ur car or live it parked there until u can fix it?
This happened btw my bro and dad..
You kno wat i spoke d truth... you dont plan with some1's sweat. Its bad. If life was that easy, you wud have made ur money...

The children will do their best but pls dont ve entitled, rather pray that God continually blesses them to bless u.

There's a place for accountability and respect inspite of any relationship

5 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by GetMeRight: 8:07am On Oct 04, 2021
Emarvel:
They're your parents, African parents don't like paying rentage.
Just make more money and hasten the maintenance of the house for them, afterall you're not coming to the house to live forever.

What a mentality? Not everyone living and working abroad want to die and be buried there now no matter how worse Nigeria is! It is still their root

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:07am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:

Well, I don’t know what you were thinking by building a house for yourself and allowing your parents live in a rented apartment.
Just take it that they are living in your house. Whenever you visit Nigeria, I’m sure there is a room waiting for you in the house. It is still your house but you have to let your parents live in it for as long as they want. In fact, it is their new house now and you have to accept that fact. If you don’t like it, start saving money to build a new one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by RZArecta(m): 8:08am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I'm married and the development of the house is from the purse of me and my wife
guy, get them another apartment ASAP. Using people's property without permission is búllshît behaviour on a normal day (no disrespect to your parents). I'm sure your wife won't be happy with this development but if she says it's cool then leave them alone just let her know you're willing to get them another apartment immediately. Stay blessed

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:09am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:

What do you do?

Build another house nau. cheesy
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by NoToPile: 8:09am On Oct 04, 2021
Acidosis:

Quite insensitive. The wife deserves a fair compensation sha cos that building is gone gone. The house will officially become the husband's family house.

it is gone as in gone, its a family house already. They should both forget about it and plan on getting another property somewhere else.

Husband siblings will so drag that property with them ehn.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by chelseamann(m): 8:10am On Oct 04, 2021
Call the police, arrest and chase them out of the house.. there is no Kind of stupid story we won’t see here on NL everyday
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Toks2008(m): 8:11am On Oct 04, 2021
Kehindeaj78:

Just tell them to pray for you so you can have more progress.

You just did what many people pray to do for their parents. Thank goodness it syiur parents and not one sibling or family member.

Sometimes building a house in naija when you are based abroad can be tiring.

Who wan live there at the moment? Your kids abroad sef no wan go home and even you won't be home until your retirement except you want a place to come home to instead of renting hotel.

So let them live there for now abeg else nah aboki go dey stay there for you like the case of someone I know.
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by walozanga(m): 8:11am On Oct 04, 2021
MY BROTHER I KNOW U ARE TALKING ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY WHEN YOU COME BACK. JST KNOW THAT YOU ARE BLESSED FOR HAVING YOUR PARENTS LIVE IN YOUR OWN HOUSE.
OLUWA GO GIVE U MORE MONEY TO BUILD MORE HOUSES.
SAY AMEN !
Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Hushmoni: 8:11am On Oct 04, 2021
You get sense, go build your own house, dey done collect that one mugu grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial / Nigerian Lady Who Declared Mum Missing 4 Days Ago Finds Out She Died In Accident / My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.