Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration (38762 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her 44th Birthday Today / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by TheSupleemLeada(m): 12:22am On Oct 04, 2021
Faithful007:
Maybe you're not educated, that's why you don't see her impact.

Maybe.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by TheSupleemLeada(m): 12:24am On Oct 04, 2021
Superpower:
Comparing her to Kylie shows how slow you are.

What's rettarded is how you guys equate writing fictional tales as impact.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 04, 2021
Kingisibor:
Feminism has finished this one...... At 44yrs.. no husband!...
Her kids and husband ought to be in that photo, but education, pride and oversabi has taken away her acient land mark...

Do you live on this planet?

She's married.

She has a beautiful daughter.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by TheSupleemLeada(m): 12:40am On Oct 04, 2021
Hyerin:

You can't be serious. This woman has contributed greatly to the Nigerian literary field. For you to dismiss her impact, achievements and then make comparisons to Kylie Jenner-- a white woman without one tenth of the intellect and talent adichie possesses, one who was born with a silver spoon and had everything handed to her on a gold platter-- is ludicrous. Nigerian men are really something else.

How is she living a contradictory life?

The nigerian literary field(book writing) contributes absolutely zero to the nigerian economy, her work hasn't stopped or addressed issues like child marriages, female genital mutilation or rape. How many ladies does she provide employment for? Zero. How many girls has she mentored or sponsored their education? Probably zero. What's her impact in her community? Probably close to zero. What value does she add to the Nigerian economy? Zero. What women civil rights movement or protest has she even participated in? None. All she does is give TedTalks and peddle feminist juice in the comfort and freedoms that the western world provides.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 04, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

The nigerian literary field(book writing) contributes absolutely zero to the nigerian economy, her work hasn't stopped or addressed issues like child marriages, female genital mutilation or rape. How many ladies does she provide employment for? Zero. How many girls has she mentored or sponsored their education? Probably zero. What's her impact in her community? Probably close to zero. What value does she add to the Nigerian economy? Zero. What women civil rights movement or protest has she even participated in? None. All she does is give TedTalks and peddle feminist juice in the comfort and freedoms that the western world provides.

You don't value the arts, that's the problem. While your critiques maybe valid, it doesn't cancel out Chimamanda's impact on both domestic and the international scene; She is a revered author and role model. Besides, she's pretty private. You can't know for sure she doesn't do all these things. Will you also dismiss the works of Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka and treat them as insignificant?

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Ayo8(m): 1:02am On Oct 04, 2021
What nonsense!!!

I've placed a $100,000 bounty on her tailor...
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 04, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

What's rettarded is how you guys equate writing fictional tales as impact.

So JK Rowling -- author of Harry potter which has turned into a mega-franchise -- in your own words, is not impactful?

Stephen King is not impactful?

William Shakespeare is not impactful?

I reckon you don't read books that's why you can confidently spew rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by TheSupleemLeada(m): 1:35am On Oct 04, 2021
Hyerin:

So JK Rowling -- author of Harry potter which has turned into a mega-franchise -- in your own words, is not impactful?

Stephen King is not impactful?

William Shakespeare is not impactful?

I reckon you don't read books that's why you can confidently spew rubbish

Jk Rowling is a multi millionaire who has one way or the other created real value for herself and others....check out her net worth.

William Shakespeare wrote inchorent boring trash in my opinion.

And please don't compare Steven king to your feminist marchant.

I reckon you read feminist rubbish.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Iconstar: 1:38am On Oct 04, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Jk Rowling is a multi millionaire who has one way or the other created real value for herself and others....check out her net worth.

William Shakespeare wrote inchorent boring trash in my opinion.

Fool. Ur opinion does not matter cos u are useless and insignificant.

Who knows u even in ur village? Stupid boy.

Spewing thrash up and down. Talk is cheap Sha. Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Danjikanbauchi: 1:39am On Oct 04, 2021
Verysmart101:

Na u dey marry her?
no but she is married to a white guy.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by TheSupleemLeada(m): 1:51am On Oct 04, 2021
Hyerin:

You don't value the arts, that's the problem. While your critiques maybe valid, it doesn't cancel out Chimamanda's impact on both domestic and the international scene; She is a revered author and role model. Besides, she's pretty private. You can't know for sure she doesn't do all these things. Will you also dismiss the works of Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka and treat them as insignificant?

Lol....I value art alot, especially if it's an NFT, plus art is another way to avoid taxes. To your feminist marchant, you claim she's had impact in the domestic and international scene; you've failed to list what impact she has made in the society, plus am not disputing her being a role model, but hey my role models as a teen were John cena and Sophie Dee doesn't mean they were impacting shit. Then you claim she's pretty private, not to private to give TedTalks and talk about feminist crap. Lastly comparing her to Wole Soyinka is the height of ignorance. Soyinka wasn't just a writer, he is an activist that slept in prison for what he believes in, even in his late 80s he's still very active.....the comparism is rettarded. Maybe next time compare her with greta thunberg.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by TheSupleemLeada(m): 1:55am On Oct 04, 2021
Iconstar:
Fool. Ur opinion does not matter cos u are useless and insignificant.

Who knows u even in ur village? Stupid boy.

Spewing thrash up and down. Talk is cheap Sha. Mumu

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Iconstar: 2:22am On Oct 04, 2021
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Iconstar: 2:22am On Oct 04, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

The reply wasn't meant for sub primates...run along and chimp somewhere else.
grin grin cheesy

You are nothing but a foolish cockroach.

What impact have you or any member of your stupid family had on society?

Useless boy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by TheSupleemLeada(m): 2:30am On Oct 04, 2021
Iconstar:
grin grin cheesy

You are nothing but a retarded cockroach.

What impact have you or any member of your stupid family had on society?

Useless boy

You can bring your sisters and your mother.... there's alot I can impact in them. Stupid fvcker.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Iconstar: 2:34am On Oct 04, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

You can bring your sisters and your mother.... there's alot I can impact in them. Stupid fvcker.
grin

Bastard. Ur olosho mother did not train u well. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 2:45am On Oct 04, 2021
Fine girl, no pimples.!
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 2:48am On Oct 04, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Lol....I value art alot, especially if it's an NFT, plus art is another way to avoid taxes. To your feminist marchant, you claim she's had impact in the domestic and international scene; you've failed to list what impact she has made in the society, plus am not disputing her being a role model, but hey my role models as a teen were John cena and Sophie Dee doesn't mean they were impacting shit. Then you claim she's pretty private, not to private to give TedTalks and talk about feminist crap. Lastly comparing her to Wole Soyinka is the height of ignorance. Soyinka wasn't just a writer, he is an activist that slept in prison for what he believes in, even in his late 80s he's still very active.....the comparism is rettarded. Maybe next time compare her with greta thunberg.

Writing a fictional book highlighting domestic tyranny and violence to the point it was introduced in the school curriculum is impactful. It was insightful and shed light on the realities of many families in the Nigerian context. That, in its own way, spread awareness about the issue. I don't give an ounce of a damn who your role models were. Speaking of role models even, there's levels to it and you keep dismissing her experiences and that of so many women as feminist crap because you're a misogynist. Nothing more, Nothing less. Your opinions are invalid on that subject matter. Mrs Adichie had another ted-talk even which wasn't on feminism but you want to slight her so bad, you refuse to take cognizance of that.

My point stands. He is still an author and those three: him, Achebe and Adichie are Nigeria's most prominent literary figures and recognized as such internationally so the comparison makes sense. You're just an arrogant fool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by mcayomind: 2:52am On Oct 04, 2021
I grow up to love this lady, may God continue to bless her home � ��
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by ofiko123(m): 3:11am On Oct 04, 2021
Happy birthday to Ngozi chimammanda adichie..
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Nobody: 3:14am On Oct 04, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Shakespeare wrote inchorent boring trash in my opinion.

But to you, writing fiction doesn't equate impact. How can you now, in another breath, recognize the value and wealth it has brought? Surely, she wouldn't have amassed wealth nor distributed it if her work wasn't impactful. You're being logically inconsistent.

Says the person who can't spell incoherent properly, okay oo cheesy and as you've stated, it's your opinion. Your opinion has no significance because you're an irrelevant being.

You made a nonsensical statement that applied to all fiction writers. He writes fiction, therefore not exempt. In your own words, writing fiction doesn't equate impact. Therefore, Stephen King is not impactful

And you're are a misogynistic nitwit who has a fear of opening books.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by nick50(m): 3:43am On Oct 04, 2021
TheMostComplex1:

Why please share
..during ABBA vs ukpo land dispute
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by ComradeShegs(m): 3:47am On Oct 04, 2021
Daniel058:
Remembering Purple Hibiscus : in my Ss1 @ 2009 grin

We be school mate. Was in SS1 in 2009 too.
My best Character was Kambili the protagonist

1 Like

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by Torosk1(m): 3:55am On Oct 04, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Marry me Chimamanda!!!!!

Whether you are a feminist or not, I just want to wake up to see you beside me every day.
You want to reap where you did not sow
Nigerian guys sha

Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by TheSupleemLeada(m): 4:18am On Oct 04, 2021
Hyerin:

But to you, writing fiction doesn't equate impact. How can you now, in another breath, recognize the value and wealth it has brought? Surely, she wouldn't have amassed wealth nor distributed it if her work wasn't impactful. You're being logically inconsistent.

Says the person who can't spell incoherent properly, okay oo cheesy and as you've stated, it's your opinion. Your opinion has no significance because you're an irrelevant being.

You made a nonsensical statement that applied to all fiction writers. He writes fiction, therefore not exempt. In your own words, writing fiction doesn't equate impact. Therefore, Stephen King is not impactful

And you're are a misogynistic nitwit who has a fear of opening books.

You obviously misunderstood me, am not saying literary works cannot have tangible impact, what am saying is mainly specific to chimamanda and the supposed impact you claim she's made. You gave an example of Jk Rowling who has a combined net worth of £900 million and a franchise to her name with lots of people she's employing and you used her as a comparism with chimamanda who by some standards is an average writer and you also did the same with Steven king who had a net worth of $500 million. Lol, it's like comparing a Toyota Corolla 2001 to a Ferrari made in 2020. Your comparisms are stupid.

Secondly my opinions on Shakespeare are quite valid because if you've really read the original text of Shakespeare you'd understand my position, Anglo-Irish playwright, critic and polemicist Bernard Shaw had this to say about Shakespeare:

"I have striven hard to open English eyes to the emptiness of Shakespeare's philosophy, to the superficiality and second-handedness of his morality, to his weakness and incoherence as a thinker, to his snobbery, his vulgar prejudices, his ignorance, his disqualifications of all sorts for the philosophic eminence claimed for him."

And using a spelling error of mine as a means to take a jab at my opinion is intellectually rettarded.

Lastly...

misogyny is when a person shows contempt or hatred towards girls and women. How have I showed hatred towards women and girls in all my conversations? Or did you just say the word because it's being thrown around in the rettarded TedTalks you watch?
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by TheSupleemLeada(m): 4:37am On Oct 04, 2021
Hyerin:

Writing a fictional book highlighting domestic tyranny and violence to the point it was introduced in the school curriculum is impactful. It was insightful and shed light on the realities of many families in the Nigerian context. That, in its own way, spread awareness about the issue. I don't give an ounce of a damn who your role models were. Speaking of role models even, there's levels to it and you keep dismissing her experiences and that of so many women as feminist crap because you're a misogynist. Nothing more, Nothing less. Your opinions are invalid on that subject matter. Mrs Adichie had another ted-talk even which wasn't on feminism but you want to slight her so bad, you refuse to take cognizance of that.

My point stands. He is still an author and those three: him, Achebe and Adichie are Nigeria's most prominent literary figures and recognized as such internationally so the comparison makes sense. You're just an arrogant fool

Lol....she wrote a fictional book highlighting domestic tyranny and violence and made a little fortune selling the book. Quite impactful.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by benson81(m): 4:58am On Oct 04, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Marry me Chimamanda!!!!!

Whether you are a feminist or not, I just want to wake up to see you beside me every day.
You are lost if you don't know that she is married with a child.
Re: Photos From Chimamanda Adichie's 44th Birthday Celebration by warlordd(m): 5:02am On Oct 04, 2021
Amazing writer! Beauty and brain! Age gracefully.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Story] My First And Last Sex With My Sugar Mummy – Episode 1 / Cold / "I Love Macmillian Books"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.