Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment (15097 Views)

Dangote Signs Deal To Build Another Cement Plant In Ogun State / Dangote, Adenuga, Elumelu, Rabiu In France For Business Summit (Photos) / BUA Refinery: Pres. Macron Lauds Abdul Samad Rabiu As BUA Signs Deal With Axens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Solidkay(m): 6:53am On Oct 04, 2021
This is a great news to start the new week,
Look at the France�� president looking all alive, unlike the ancient of days in aso rock

2 Likes

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by dejol88: 6:55am On Oct 04, 2021
CSTRR:
Just look at the president of France.

Actively involved in getting trade deals for indigenous French companies.

He understands the multiplier effect in terms of Job creation.

He looks like someone actually working, like a true civil servant that he is.

When you look at buhari, you would think he is a monarch.
Things like this don't bother him.
It's how to travel out of Nigeria on the slightest invitation that concerns him.

Even though his country has just a fraction of the French economy.

And he has a only a fraction of macron's power on the world stage.

Nigeria has a long way to go.
Very correct my brother.

This is the reason I kept telling people that Nigeria no get good leaders but people are blind to see . I hope one day, my people will have sense.

You saw how the French government go mad with the way he lost out the deal to produce sub for Aussie military against long time traditional allies.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by obyrich(m): 6:55am On Oct 04, 2021
matm:
drop calls,not reachable at the moment hitches of glo network are so annoying while that of 9mobile is the worst.9mobile network service logo on phone often disappears for 5minutes before reappearing
Go on,if that will solve network connectivity problems.
9Mobile's problem is funding. They are in so much debt to the Towercos that they randomly shut down their BTS for days to serve their competition better.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by CSTRR: 6:57am On Oct 04, 2021
dejol88:

Very correct my brother.

This is the reason I kept telling people that Nigeria no get good leaders but people are blind to see . I hope one day, my people will have sense.

You saw how the French government go mad with the way he lost out the deal to produce sub for Aussie military against long time traditional allies.
And some people want to elect tinubu.

Another fossil.
And you wonder if they Bewitched this country.

The only person I see that can play at macron's level is moghalu.

Those people don pass us abeg.
Who pass you don pass you.

And worse, we are not even making steps to bridge the gap.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by DWJOBScom(m): 6:58am On Oct 04, 2021
tosaino95:
Aside that, their internet service is top notch in frustrating when browsing.

Their internet service is the best for me o
It depends on where you are living o
It's so perfect

1 Like

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by dejol88: 7:04am On Oct 04, 2021
CSTRR:

And some people want to elect tinubu.

Another fossil.
And you wonder if they Bewitched this country.

The only person I see that can play at macron's level is moghalu.

Those people don pass us abeg.
Who pass you don pass you.

And worse, we are not even making steps to bridge the gap.
My brother if no be witch wetin you go call am ?
When you see how people hail their oppressors for this forum no de shock you?

The matter long abeg!!!
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Awoo88: 7:07am On Oct 04, 2021
These people are always signing something yet their network is the worst in Nigeria
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by obyrich(m): 7:08am On Oct 04, 2021
dejol88:

Glo prob na 100 Percent management issues. Hence the shitty network!
I agree with you.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by drealcivilceno(m): 7:12am On Oct 04, 2021
Decentdave:
I Hope this will improve their Network sha undecided.I just lost 10gig last month to poor network although I successfully used 50mb embarassed

Lie lie... grin
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by mbahdi(m): 7:30am On Oct 04, 2021
This are people that supposed to be in d affairs of nigeria.and not d conheaded monsters there that has nothing to offer
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Zainabthegirl1(f): 7:32am On Oct 04, 2021
Dey need am
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by skj1377(m): 7:35am On Oct 04, 2021
Huawei equipment are not Good. Globacom started with Siemens in the north and Alcatel in the south. When the switched over to huawei switching systems voice quality dropped. I can tell you for a fact. In those days if a pin dropped at the other end of the conversation you will hear it at your end but today that 90% of the network elements are Chinese products you can't even hear the voice of the other party well. This happens a cross networks because they all use cheap Chinese network elements. The Chinese network elements appear cheap initially but on the long run licensing cost makes them far more expensive. Globacom is already considering swapping them out to Nokia systems.
ocelot2006:

How did Huawei cripple Globacom's network? The network elements made by Huawei, from access (BTS, BSC, Node Bs, eNode Bs, etc) are considered far better than the legacy Alcatel equipment the company had (still has). Hell, the later are even swapped out at a fast rate in favour of Huawei, ZTE, and in some MW PDH radio cases, Isreali Ceragon products. 'still want to know how Huawei crippled Globacom though.

2 Likes

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:43am On Oct 04, 2021
Snail network grin
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by skj1377(m): 7:43am On Oct 04, 2021
The problem I have with this deal is rising cost of dollar. At a point the purchasing power of the rural subscribers will not be able to meet dollarised international payment obligations and that will impact on the business going towards. 10 unit of E1 via satellite had a subscription of $1million yearly but then naira was N150 to dollar this translates to N150million naira. Now N570 to $ this will translate to N570million. On the average a Bts may need 1E1 to function properly except you use time slots or deploy additional hardware like compression equipment. How do you make N570million from 10 Bts in rural areas.

2 Likes

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by CUMIN: 8:08am On Oct 04, 2021
This guy should do away with France and try other market...their equipment have not served you well yet you still go back there...mumu business man.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by adeowo84(m): 8:09am On Oct 04, 2021
Zetty177x:
The big issue I have with Glo is that u buy data and then, they transfer 30% to night browsing. Like who the heck does that? I have thrown my Glo line for over a year cos of this. Geez, it's so so annoying. Who is their Managing Director or Customer care Manager?

My brother you don't get it, when you subscribe for data, you actually get ur main data cap, we in glo now bless you with extra night bonus to be use between the hours of 12 and 5 am...e.g #500 is for 800mb + 550 night bonus.
We are the first to do this and always the first I telecommunications. Pick up ur Sim and stay connected, bless you

1 Like

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Testimony1988(m): 8:21am On Oct 04, 2021
I just hope that will make their network stronger, Glo has the poor network for browsing.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Jeromejnr(m): 8:23am On Oct 04, 2021
lasheun:
Honestly.
I just Love the Glo people.
Only network that deduct call cost from bonus first before going to main balance.
I love Globacom.

Preach
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:24am On Oct 04, 2021
What is giving me joy in this picture is just seeing Macron take the back stage and smiling. I love that man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 04, 2021
Thats a President who understands that a healthy economy is built on thriving business climate.

If Macron were an African, you will be reading headlines like this one, "President Macron, blames middlemen for hike in Food prices".

Is that not an idiotic headline ??

See a President standing while his subjects sit and sign business deals to grow both the economy of France and Nigeria.

But the other President hates anything business. He believes that a country is built on BORROWING. Or oil money. Anything free, he didn't sweat for.

The money you borrow from China and World Bank, was grown from deals like this one Adenuga is signing.

World Bank doesnt have any money. It is well to do countries like France, Germany, USA, UK that contribute that money to World Bank coffers that you are always running to ask for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by tradepunter: 8:42am On Oct 04, 2021
ocelot2006:

The issue considered by the west was that of security with concerns of a backdoor into their respective networks as raised by the Americans. Then there's the concern of Chinese dominance when it comes to 5G and the need to "tame" China's leadership in that field. Quality and censorship are DEFINITELY not the issues here.

Back door was the broader stance used.

Because anything that can be censored is already infiltrated.

Of recent lithuania sent a circular via their information ministry on the banning of chinese phones based on censorship architecture found in them.

The Chinese system works in sync from phones to internet to mobile.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by ocelot2006(m): 8:50am On Oct 04, 2021
tradepunter:

Back door was the broader stance used.

Because anything that can be censored is already infiltrated.

Of recent lithuania sent a circular via their information ministry on the banning of chinese phones based on censorship architecture found in them.

The Chinese system works in sync from phones to internet to mobile.

....You do know what "censorship", especially when it comes to Chinese tech means....right? The whole great firewall of China meant to FILTER OUT western sourced apps and sites, plus massive use AI powered electronic surveillance in country.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by ocelot2006(m): 8:58am On Oct 04, 2021
skj1377:
Huawei equipment are not Good. Globacom started with Siemens in the north and Alcatel in the south. When the switched over to huawei switching systems voice quality dropped. I can tell you for a fact. In those days if a pin dropped at the other end of the conversation you will hear it at your end but today that 90% of the network elements are Chinese products you can't even hear the voice of the other party well. This happens a cross networks because they all use cheap Chinese network elements. The Chinese network elements appear cheap initially but on the long run licensing cost makes them far more expensive. Globacom is already considering swapping them out to Nokia systems.

Siemens up north? 'never came across that. Same Alcatel equipment were being used up north for both BSS and Tx (PDH and SDH), before being swapped for Huawei. The only Alcatel products still used are MW SDH radios. Again can't really say what's at the switching/NSS end or OSS.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by lookingfly: 9:00am On Oct 04, 2021
And some people said 5G caused Corona.......religion, their opium!
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by tradepunter: 9:01am On Oct 04, 2021
ocelot2006:

....You do know what "censorship", especially when it comes to Chinese tech means....right? The whole great firewall of China meant to FILTER OUT western sourced apps and sites, plus massive use AI powered electronic surveillance in country.

Yes I do know.. the great firewall is just one of the many I was trying to point out.

There are currently designing censor measures applicable to western societies.

Thus a major reason why the spectrum overhaul introduced by the Chinese lead international telemcomm federation was rejected.

China's censorship outside china is working as multiple fragments towards set end.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by ocelot2006(m): 9:01am On Oct 04, 2021
dejol88:

He be like say you dey work with Huawei hence your support.

Truth be told , huwei equipment is inferior to Western brands . A well known fact! Only advantage Chinese have over western own brands us in term of cost.

Since Nigeria telcos switch to having Huawei as their core and access network, since then everything spoil .

MTN used to be good before it switched to Chinese brand.
No good network in Nigeria.

Nope, I don't work for Huawei. But if I'm to choose btw a Huawei RTN series PDH MW radios over say Alcatel AWY PDH radios, BROS I will go for the former in a heartbeat. But that's my opinion.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Topmaike007(m): 9:06am On Oct 04, 2021
ocelot2006:

How did Huawei cripple Globacom's network? The network elements made by Huawei, from access (BTS, BSC, Node Bs, eNode Bs, etc) are considered far better than the legacy Alcatel equipment the company had (still has). Hell, the later are even swapped out at a fast rate in favour of Huawei, ZTE, and in some MW PDH radio cases, Isreali Ceragon products. 'still want to know how Huawei crippled Globacom though.
na our fellow brothers that hate anything China, just because they love US

1 Like

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Topmaike007(m): 9:09am On Oct 04, 2021
CXLVII:

Huawei glaringly copied Alcatel, like for like. You can hardly differentiate their hardwares at first glance. Huawei has a way of not revealing much to the operator that even when your network is crashing, you will always believing you are doing well. They come with overhyped hardwares that cannot perform optimally at the specification they claim, but the operator will never know, their architecture conceals alot from the operator,

It’s no hidden fact that the moment GLO moved to Huawei, the network crashed. Users can attest to that fact

Oga fear God stop saying what you don't know, you are using China phone to type this rubbish ooh... Mtn use Huawei yet they are not suffering from that slow network issue and moreover I have better glo network where I stay
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Topmaike007(m): 9:16am On Oct 04, 2021
Bigchristo:
So true that Hawei router is shit, can’t even browse fast with their 4G network
Oga that faults is from your network provider and not the equipment you use.. I use Huawei router and I have been using it for almost 4 years now, it is serving me well
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by SIRTee15: 9:23am On Oct 04, 2021
CXLVII:

Huawei glaringly copied Alcatel, like for like. You can hardly differentiate their hardwares at first glance. Huawei has a way of not revealing much to the operator that even when your network is crashing, you will always believing you are doing well. They come with overhyped hardwares that cannot perform optimally at the specification they claim, but the operator will never know, their architecture conceals alot from the operator,

It’s no hidden fact that the moment GLO moved to Huawei, the network crashed. Users can attest to that fact

So how come huawei is the largest telecommunication hardware manufacturer and supplier in the world.
Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by Ijaya123: 9:25am On Oct 04, 2021
abdolleez:
I hope it will improve their rubbish network

You call this rubbish network?

Re: Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment by lomprico(m): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2021
Adenuga pay your junior staff well! what is 80k per month? while some useless oga go home with 60million per annum. its not fair na!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s $1 Billion Eurobond Oversubscribed By 7 Folds / Nigeria, One Of Top 10 Global Economies – US Govt / How To Open A Fuel Filling Station?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.