Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law (35350 Views)

PANDORA PAPERS: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law / Pandora Papers: Inside The Secret Assets Of Nigerian Lawmaker Nicholas Mutu / Pandora Papers: Inside Dapo Abiodun's secret businesses & How He Broke The Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Megatrix: 8:04am On Oct 04, 2021
spirul77:
one of the problems of Nigerians, a pretentious and holy than thou thief has been exposed and all you have to say is to start calling names. Even if nothing is done to this perrenial thief of a man called Mr obi at least we know he is a thief and pretentious arm robber.
What has been exposed here is that you are the lazy and ignorant youth Buhari was talking about. Where in that article was peter Obi accused of stealing anything? I challenge you to go through that entire pathetic hit job by an obviously brown envelope journalist and show me a single place he said Obi stole anything. You didn't even read the article before rushing to post nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Commentor: 8:04am On Oct 04, 2021
humilitypays:
Premium Times should dig deeper, this is not enough to discredit Obi or any other Nigerian politician.

Even me, as small as my wealth is, have started making moves to incorporate a firm in one of the tax havens.

Nigerian government are mad. I pay heavy tax yet they cannot provide basic amenities, I pay for my security, water, road usage, etc, why must I pay tax to corrupt criminals who squander it on their big booty mistresses in Dubai, Saudi Arabia and Europe?

I dont blame any Nigerian rich person that opted for offshore companies to secure their wealth for the future of their kids because Nigeria is highly volatile and unstable. These Haboki people and their Southern enablers have destroyed Nigeria since 1970 and made the country futureless

You pay heavy personal income tax?

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by chigator2: 8:04am On Oct 04, 2021
Nonpartisan1:
Peter Obi the lying crook broke 3 Laws of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria:

These crooks from the rising sun. When they are not into drugs, 419, terrorism, they are definitely into something more sinister like the case of the soft spoken thief called Peter Obi.

Tufiakwa.

Everyday on this forum, I see your types who have Pure Hate not against Criminals but against Igbos in General. You cloak it but can't conceal it when you basal bittered and envious instincts kick in.

What do I care. We won't die so you can finally eat. Keep torturing yourself. We move.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by ThEGodFaThEr105: 8:05am On Oct 04, 2021
timesup234:
You guys are all crazy. Set up before government? Even the richest of them all like bill gates are all crooks. You must be a dumb idiot if you think anybody is rich. It is just a pursuit of filthy sucre. All property is theft
Your problem is poverty and stupidity. Is Tax avoidance a crime? Google the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion, this are two different things. Idiot, for your info, those companies were set up before he became governor. His only fault is not resigning immediately from the board when he became governor. Even Buhari didn't declare his assets.

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by seunmsg(m): 8:06am On Oct 04, 2021
I have always known that Peter Obi, the China statistics master is nothing but a crooked politician. His looks has never deceived me.

7 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by humilitypays(m): 8:07am On Oct 04, 2021
Commentor:

You pay heavy personal income tax?
My company pay heavy tax to dead Nigerian government for doing nothing but looting angry
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by chukwuibuipob: 8:07am On Oct 04, 2021
grin grin OBI HIM TU LIE

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by ThEGodFaThEr105: 8:08am On Oct 04, 2021
Newton85:
Made-in-China thief Him Tu Lie Obi, the deplorable Eboe bigot exposed.
Sharrap....this is Monday morning, your mates are already on their way to work but you are here surfing through nairaland for Igbos related thread to vent your frustration in life on. Ewu nkapia.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Commentor: 8:09am On Oct 04, 2021
humilitypays:
My company pay heavy tax to dead Nigerian government for doing nothing but looting angry

Personal income tax is what I asked.

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by omoharry(f): 8:09am On Oct 04, 2021
Jimasun:

Why can't you write your own on Tinubu?
Are you paralysed?
shut up ,you tribalistic slowpoke. This is how you protect your monsters and point fingers are others . Tinubu that is a drug peddler and indicted in the US for fraud .And to crown it all, a thief and corrupt politicians is the one you wish to protect and call innocent while you are ready to rubbish another .
Election is around the corner and you dogs have been unleashed .Shame on you .
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by streetsoldier1(m): 8:09am On Oct 04, 2021
When will the investigation get to the north and southwest?
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Newton85: 8:10am On Oct 04, 2021
Him Tu Lie Obi, the fraudulent Eboe scallywag who deported Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom people to their states. Good expose.

3 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by timesup234: 8:10am On Oct 04, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr105:

Your problem is poverty and stupidity. Is Tax avoidance a crime? Google the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion, this are two different things. Idiot, for your info, those companies were set up before he became governor. His only fault is not resigning immediately from the board when he became governor. Even Buhari didn't declare his assets.
shango strike you mad! I said money is theft it doesn't matter how you get it. No money is legit, it always indulge into thievery

4 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by cardoctor(m): 8:10am On Oct 04, 2021
Sounds more like PANDORA'S BOX.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by WaffenSS(m): 8:10am On Oct 04, 2021
Bola146:
Summarize it please

He's a crook.

That's all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by udemzyudex(m): 8:10am On Oct 04, 2021
onumadu:

So, Taiwo-Hassan Adebayo is working for Pandora? Not Premium Times?
Okay o.

I guess he didn't read the first thread on front page yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by TheRealestGuy(m): 8:11am On Oct 04, 2021
Tax avoidance is legal all over the world.

On the issue of failing to declare some assets and holding positions while in public service, he has given his response and they seem reasonable. They can be contested in a court of law if need be.

Oya tell us something new...like the terrorist financiers in the current govt.

5 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by EndBuhariNow(m): 8:11am On Oct 04, 2021
The hate Yoruba has for igbos is one of the major reasons they are losing lagos state to igbos. .. make envy no consume them one day

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Megatrix: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2021
midolian:

China made Thief always trying to be clever by half. What happens to declaring the part which you own?

His people will soon come here to defend him.

Spits*

You should be spitting on your own ignorance and bigotry filled head. Even the brown envelope journalist that wrote that pathetic hit job didn't accuse Obi of stealing anything in that article but of course a tribalistic zombie like you will never have the simple common sense to read and know what an article is about before rushing to post stupid and ignorant comments.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by udumosam23(m): 8:12am On Oct 04, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Both the above people you mentioned are frauds too. It is not an issue of tribe, but personalities of these people. Most (and I think all) politicians are frauds. We need to find solution on how to make these people accountable for public funds. If you continue defending Peter cos you are Igbo, you are the one losing. Those other guys you mentioned are thieves also. Period.

Well said, then start with them and maybe we will learn. Write about Tinubu first and indict for the crimes he has committed. Abi didn't they say charity begins at home?
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by cybersoldiers: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2021
As usual, YorubaNistans have singled out peter obi, an Igbo Christian because of his presidential ambitions leaving the grandmaster of all looters in Africa called Tinubu and all the useless and former Chief justices from the north and also MUSLIMS.

NOTHING CAN HAPPEN TO PETER OBI
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Yus2020: 8:13am On Oct 04, 2021
No party is useless as Apc
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by ThEGodFaThEr105: 8:13am On Oct 04, 2021
timesup234:
shango strike you mad! I said money is theft it doesn't matter how you get it. No money is legit, it always indulge into thievery
Lagos-Ibadan, ewedu and amala Yoloba miscreant, may Obatala rain fire and brimstone on your entire generation. What has "money is theft" got to do with the article? Abi you're suffering from Dyslexia?
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by humilitypays(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2021
Commentor:

Personal income tax is what I asked.
I am more worried about what my company pays as tax, okay
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Emmanuelhector(m): 8:14am On Oct 04, 2021
barcaboi:

Pandora papers was exposed internationally; google it and Panama papers
akpa amu
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Commentor: 8:14am On Oct 04, 2021
humilitypays:
I am more worried about what my company pays as tax, okay

In other words, you really don't pay any tax.

Your company is a different entity from yourself.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Ayoolamax: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2021
omoharry:
Ok, so when are going to write an exposé on Tinubu, Atiku , Tambuwa and others would be contestant .Make bad belle nor kill you .
if you have any correct evidence pls you are free to bring it out for proper investigation, not all this cheap talk and hear say you have been feeding with . Ire ooooo

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Newton85: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2021
Simplythebest:
I was reading to see where they said he launder money through the company but i didn't see. So as a business man u need to reduce cost in other to survive. Am yet to see were they said he use the company to embezzle money.

They should tell us the real thieves.
Typical Eboe. Even though it's clearly stated in the article how Him Tu Lie Obi broke the Law, Eboe man still reduced everything to "he didn't launder money." But if it was Fulani El-Rufai or Sanwo-Olu, we know what your kind would be typing by now. Like Fulani, like Eboe.

4 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by martinslaura: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2021
onumadu:
Before reading this, I knew that the journalist who did this hatchet job must be Yoruba.
Taiwo Hassan Adebayo

Very predictable.

VERY TRUE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

El-Rufai Welcomes Buhari As He Arrives For 62RC POP Of NDA / Lagos Awards Contracts To Suya And Asun Company, Nigerians React / Which Of These Nigerian Politicians Is The Best Dancer? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.