Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,909 members, 7,799,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law (35334 Views)

PANDORA PAPERS: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law / Pandora Papers: Inside The Secret Assets Of Nigerian Lawmaker Nicholas Mutu / Pandora Papers: Inside Dapo Abiodun's secret businesses & How He Broke The Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by omoharry(f): 9:21am On Oct 04, 2021
Jimasun:

Shame on those at home.
Well enjoy your 30k job while it last. Sey u were once shouting sai Baba up and down back in 2015? How market with the disaster you once campaigned for ?.
You will never learn .instead of you to invest your brain and time on a more via and credible leader, you are busy promoting corrupt and old men that do not give a damn about you just becos he is from your tribe .
Enjoy your 30k job. Election is around the corner .Thank God you are gainfully employed once again ..At least, you won't have to beg around to feed due to the failure that your help promote and campaigned for.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Jimasun: 9:25am On Oct 04, 2021
omoharry:
Well enjoy your 30k job while it last. Sey u were once shouting sai Baba up and down back in 2015? How market with the disaster you once campaigned for ?.
You will never learn .instead of you to invest your brain and time on a more via and credible leader, you are busy promoting corrupt and old men that do not give a damn about you just becos he is from your tribe .
Enjoy your 30k job. Election is around the corner .Thank God you are gainfully employed once again ..At least, you won't have to beg around to feed due to the failure that your help promote and campaigned for.
supporters of APC
Nepa certificate
Cow
Is there any other thing in the brain of you people?
Just usually gibberish
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by kindlyheart: 9:25am On Oct 04, 2021
a typical Nigerian politician. it is his type that keep clamoring for one Nigeria
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 04, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr105:

Hello, for the sake of posterity I will advice you to re-read the article but this time read and assimilate. I'm not here to hold any brief for Peter Obi. Let me school you my dear, there's a difference btw tax avoidance and tax evasion. Wesley Snipes, Ronaldo and messi evaded tax which is different from tax avoidance. Tax avoidance ìs legal and it's been carried out by virtually all the wealthy people in the world. People set up assets, cash and companies in what we call tax free havens to avoid paying tax in their own countries. These tax havens or countries use this policy of zero tax to attract investment in their own countries to stimulate economic growth. The only place Peter Obi was guilty is not declaring those assets before becoming governor but after some months of attaining the seat of governorship he still resigned from his role in those companies. My dear, Please read and save yourself from ignorance.
If I knock your head, they will say I am too harsh. Peter is a fraud. And you have the tendency of becoming a fraud yourself.

Dont mention me again fraud.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Tap0lane: 9:29am On Oct 04, 2021
As expected of every foolish Igbo.
You did not see anything incriminating with all that was what exposed. The Next he spent Anambra state fund to build in PH n Abuja is listed as offshore company to hide his looting, Tinubu TVC n Hotel are not listed offshore but your father will label him a thief out of bigotry but the indicted criminal is a saint.

WhatCanIsay:
I was geared up to see something at least tantalising, something that will shatter my hopes on the man. What I saw is what almost every business man does whether big or small; to find ways to reduce the burden of tax. If this is the biggest thing the Pandora can find from Peter Obi, dem no try at all at all.

Find something more juicy ni.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Dgr8hassiE(m): 9:29am On Oct 04, 2021
benuejosh:
That man is fanatically corrupt!
Fantastically corrupt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by TenQ: 9:29am On Oct 04, 2021
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by ThEGodFaThEr105: 9:31am On Oct 04, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

If I knock your head, they will say I am too harsh. Peter is a fraud. And you have the tendency of becoming a fraud yourself.

Dont mention me again fraud.
You're just a tribal bigot.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Danjikanbauchi: 9:31am On Oct 04, 2021
Nonpartisan1:
Peter Obi the lying crook broke 3 Laws of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria:

1. He secretly set up Chains of business concerns abroad 4 years after becoming Governor, ( Probably from the money he stole from Anambra state common patrimony)

Offence:
In Nigeria, a person is statutorily obligated to withdraw from engaging in or directing a private business, except if it is farming, upon becoming a public officer, Section Six (6) of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act stipulates.

2. Peter IPOB Obi, did not declare this asset, even after stealing Anambra people's money to establish them.

Offence:
Nigerian public officers are required to declare “immediately after taking office and thereafter all” their properties, assets, and liabilities and those of his (or her) unmarried children under the age of eighteen years,” Nigeria’s 1999 Constitution stipulates (Section 11, Part of the Fifth Schedule).

3. He operated a foreign account while serving as Governor of Anambra state.
The former governor could be charged with failing to declare his offshore holdings and their associated assets and operating foreign accounts while being a public officer.

Offence:
The Nigerian constitution and the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act forbid a public officer from maintaining or operating a bank account outside Nigeria. However, as a governor, Mr. Obi continued to operate and maintain foreign accounts, including with Lloyds TSB.

These crooks from the rising sun. When they are not into drugs, 419, terrorism, they are definitely into something more sinister like the case of the soft spoken thief called Peter Obi.

Tufiakwa.
Buhari and OSIBANJO are yet to declare their assets,
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by dapolaw(m): 9:34am On Oct 04, 2021
So it's all about my thief is bigger than yours syndrome?

The constitution states clearly what you need to do before and after assuming office but unfortunately, Obi did not do it.... So who is to blame? Me or Obi?

Saraki faced CCT not because he stole but he was accused of not declaring all his assets.

Tinubu faced the CCT not because he stole but because he was accused of not declaring his asset.

What Obi did here was not different from what the above mentioned names did as well.

Unfortunately for you, even Obi ignorantly admitted that he erred but your biased and hate filled heart refused to see it.

If it was Tinubu or Buhari's names that were mentioned in this report I am certain you wouldn't have said all you have said here, but you would have been ejaculating in your pants on how you warned us about them in 2015... Remove the log in your eyes first so that you can see better. But am I surprised? Hell NO. I rest my case.

Megatrix:

You guys are the ones that need to be freed from your bigotry and hate filled lives. The desperation by you people to mess this man's good name up for nothing is highly nauseating. Manufacturing one pathetic hit job after another on a good man just because of your dirty politics. A man spent years in public life, you couldn't accuse him of stealing even a penny from government coffers, you couldn't accuse him of bad governance so the next thing is to come up with this pathetic hit jobs just grasping at straws to find anything to use to paint his name black. Can you imagine in a cesspool of corruption like Nigeria what you could find to accuse a politician is that he didn't resign from his own company until 14 months into his administration? Seriously? This thing you people are doing is evil and you're the ones that need to be cured of the wickedness in your hearts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by RuddyFusion(m): 9:35am On Oct 04, 2021
I painstakingly read through this to spot any money laundering activities or use of public funds for this and did not spot any........Over to the next one

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Ubanz: 9:35am On Oct 04, 2021
Maintaining offshore accounts is not a crime.
What is criminal is career civil servants and politicians stacking stolen fund in tax free haven.
In the 80's I recall Chief Francis Arthur Nzeribe declaring his assets in Bahamas and Cayman islands which then was in excess of £1.5 billion.
We are watching out for career looters.
Let's not overlook the substance while in pursuit of shadows.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by TechSkill: 9:36am On Oct 04, 2021
omoharry:
Ok, so when are going to write an exposé on Tinubu, Atiku , Tambuwa and others would be contestant .Make bad belle nor kill you .
Lol.. It is obvious Tinubu is funding all these from his sick bed. The goal is to discredit any and all intending opponents ahead of 2023. Watch how they will never mention Tinubu in all of these. If you read the first half of the write up, there no single proof that Peter Obi used those companies for fraud or drugs like they subtly want us to believe. Also notice the first 4 comments after the write up... the OP himself is known APC/Tinubu boy..

It is surprising that Tinubu and his gangs thinks this strategy will favour him in 2023. Before 2015, it may have worked but now, political landscape of Nigeria has COMPLETELY changed

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by nedekid: 9:37am On Oct 04, 2021
Simplythebest:
I was reading to see where they said he launder money through the company but i didn't see. So as a business man u need to reduce cost in other to survive. Am yet to see were they said he use the company to embezzle money.

They should tell us the real thieves.
I taya. All business people of that caliber operate offshore entities one way or the other.
I thought I will see where he moved state monies to his accounts etc.
Even Sai baba, if you check still operates a foreign account till date if not how does he pay his doctors, children's fees etc?
How do you expect Obi that has mortgage to pay without having an account?
See in the Nigerian and even international ranking of politicians, Peter Obi ranks top notch and a Saint.
The issue that remains a stain on Obi is akwusu Sars and csp James nwafor who commited atrocities under his watch as governor.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by King44(m): 9:40am On Oct 04, 2021
Nonpartisan1:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/487997-pandora-papers-inside-peter-obis-secret-businesses-and-how-he-broke-the-law.html
As long as the money is clean and not stolen, he worked for it but doesn't see it fit to pay tax so be it.

Buhari did not declare all his assets, did he?

And he is still the president.

If the gvt of the country I live in refused to provide an enabling environment for my business and I had to do everything within my power to make the business work, why should I give the govt the privilege of taxing me in full?

A gvt that doesn't want to sow but wants to reap... Robbing Peter to pay some elites in power and the north. Besides, it's even certain that they won't use majority of the tax money on infrastructures that would benefit the people, majority of the tax money is going into their pockets.

Despite the unnecessary taxation they would still go ahead to borrow and set the rest they generated aside for looting.

They people in gvt in the federal level and the north including Atiku, Bihari etc don't have safe havens where they keep looted money?
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Skyonebaba: 9:40am On Oct 04, 2021
This people sef
Obi is still better than Atiku , Yusuf Buhari, Gandollar and many of them.
Pls I want to know when the FG is going to release the list of those sponsoring terrorism in this country, after the list has been released we can then come back here and discuss Obi failure to declare all his assets.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Trentee4eva: 9:41am On Oct 04, 2021
Asgard73:
Una never start to wail... Yoruba Apc .. una go wail tire..
Why not petition efcc and Icpc ..

Tinubu go don Dey 10 years in jail before peter will join.

Apc time waster and noise makers.

Useless Yoruba press.. propaganda death on areival
Lol, Tinubu loyalists are already masturbating with this news. Imagine a Pandora paper that doesn’t capture the bullion van lord of Lagos. Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by dapolaw(m): 9:41am On Oct 04, 2021
Over 90% of us here whether as professionals or business owners has broken the law one way or the other. But no one is saying anything about it, just wait until you try to venture into politics.
That's when you will know what's up.

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by dapolaw(m): 9:45am On Oct 04, 2021
Tinubu on his sick bed from UK giving Obi gbas gbos, imagine if he is fit and in the country....

For your info, Obi is never a match for Tinubu any day anytime....

Obi is the least of worries for Tinubu, let Obi go and face his wahala and leave Jagaban out of it.

TechSkill:
Lol.. It is obvious Tinubu is funding all these from his sick bed. The goal is to discredit any and all intending opponents ahead of 2023. Watch how they will never mention Tinubu in all of these. If you read the first half of the write up, there no single proof that Peter Obi used those companies for fraud or drugs like they subtly want us to believe. Also notice the first 4 comments after the write up... the OP himself is known APC/Tinubu boy..

It is surprising that Tinubu and his gangs thinks this strategy will favour him in 2023. Before 2015, it may have worked but now, political landscape of Nigeria has COMPLETELY changed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by stinechykee: 9:45am On Oct 04, 2021
Nonpartisan1:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/487997-pandora-papers-inside-peter-obis-secret-businesses-and-how-he-broke-the-law.html
Food have landed for the children of hate that always digging any bad news against Igbos.See the way they singled out Peter Obi to destroy him despite all his good reputation whereas that crook eye man called Tinubu who stole Nigeria treasure dry was shield.Mad people everywhere
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by King44(m): 9:47am On Oct 04, 2021
Skyonebaba:
This people sef
Obi is still better than Atiku , Yusuf Buhari, Gandollar and many of them.
Pls I want to know when the FG is going to release the list of those sponsoring terrorism in this country, after the list has been released we can then come back here and discuss Obi failure to declare all his assets.
Those ones are looting the whole nation, keeping their fingers in tax money, other IGR and keeping it in an offshore accounts. As long has the money is clean, it's his choice to keep what he owns, and the state has no right to collect it from him.

What has to gvt done to help his business grow, let's start from there.

Even the blind can see that Tinubu has thousands of offshore accounts where he kept Lagos IGR for himself and his family these are people that should be investigated cos they did not work for it, they stole it.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Solatium(m): 9:51am On Oct 04, 2021
What more can you expect from a close associates of Atiku,a known thief.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Solatium(m): 9:54am On Oct 04, 2021
King44:
Those ones are looting the whole nation, keeping their fingers in tax money, other IGR and keeping it in an offshore accounts. As long has the money is clean, it's his choice to keep what he owns, and the state has no right to collect it from him.

What has to gvt done to help his business grow, let's start from there.

Even the blind can see that Tinubu has thousands of offshore accounts where he kept Lagos IGR for himself and his family these are people that should be investigated cos they did not work for it, they stole it.

Since you know all these thousands of offshore account that Tinubu kept Lagos IGR according to you,why not mail premium time's annoynmously to keep yourself away from ",harm" or openly and win yourself some millions of Naira courtesy of FG/ICPC/EFCC
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Trentee4eva: 9:56am On Oct 04, 2021
Tap0lane:
As expected of every foolish Igbo.
You did not see anything incriminating with all that was what exposed. The Next he spent Anambra state fund to build in PH n Abuja is listed as offshore company to hide his looting, Tinubu TVC n Hotel are not listed offshore but your father will label him a thief out of bigotry but the indicted criminal is a saint.

Lol. One of Tinubu’s foot soldiers spotted.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by King44(m): 9:58am On Oct 04, 2021
Solatium:

Since you know all these thousands of offshore account that Tinubu kept Lagos IGR according to you,why not mail premium time's annoynmously to keep yourself away from ",harm" or openly and win yourself some millions of Naira courtesy of FG/ICPC/EFCC
naso...

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by auwalyau: 9:59am On Oct 04, 2021
Hahaha, Atiku and Obi, what can you imagine!!!

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Trentee4eva: 10:01am On Oct 04, 2021
dapolaw:
Tinubu on his sick bed from UK giving Obi gbas gbos, imagine if he is fit and in the country....

For your info, Obi is never a match for Tinubu any day anytime....

Obi is the least of worries for Tinubu, let Obi go and face his wahala and leave Jagaban out of it.

Lol, Corrupt Peter Obi is no match for SAINT TINUBU. Even the devil has transformed to an angel of light. Hahaha
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by yemiyemi: 10:02am On Oct 04, 2021
Let me assist our dear Igbos to summarize the whole revelations regarding the latest Chinese based pretentious THIEF in town

1. He always claim Hollier than thou '' being the most transparent politician in Naija and by extension in Africa''

2. Consistently stealing money from state coffers as a siting Governor of a State in Nigeria

3. Fraudulently converted public fund to set up private business(es) oversea.

4. Fraudulently, used his children's name and other family member as a disguise to set up a private business oversea.

5. Intentionally, did not declare these assets on his asset declaration form...

6. Yet, kinsmen of Saint Obi will not see anything wrong with above
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by onlygiddi: 10:03am On Oct 04, 2021
benuejosh:
That man is fanatically corrupt!

You are a dog and an idiomatic animal . Did peter obi steal Nigerias Money ? NO ... whatever anyone does with their money it is their business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko Haram Is Currently Attacking Garkida In Adamawa - Ahmad Salkida / Davido Performs At Pdp Presidential Campaign Rally, Hails Atiku (Photos) / Olisa Agbakoba Applauds President Tinubu On Floating The Naira And Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.