Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,340 members, 7,804,576 topics. Date: Monday, 22 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity (3614 Views)

Apostle Chinyere Forgives Happie Boys, Restores Their Scholarship Programs / Prophet Odumeje Finally Forgives Ada Jesus, Gifts Her N1 Million (Video) / Apostle Suleman Forgives Offenders To Mark 50th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by BassReeves: 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
WATER is one sample but many samples from Bible I want to use to blow his mind which I don't want to rush

BassReeves:
When you know the descriptor name for God, mind you, I am not talking about God's personal name here though. Just like water, its easier to relate to a make shift similarity with water i.e. H2O, being that God is described as I AM that I AM, water will be and take the form of whatever you present it with

Here's more, God is formless and shapeless now, just as with water, if you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle, just as God is I AM that I AM, will be whatever is necessary for God to be.

BassReeves:
I AM, is a descriptor name of God. Remember God didnt even tell Moses, what personal name of God Moses should tell the Israelites, but instead God gave Moses an I AM I AM, descriptor name, when God told Moses:
I am the I AM, I AM (i.e. YHWH or Yahweh). I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by My name the I AM, I AM (i.e. YHWH or Yahweh) I did not make Myself known to them'.

Initially before the above, when Moses asked God who should he say sent him, if asked by the Israelites, God said to him, say, I AM that I AM sent you.

I AM, by the way, is an expression of words used for description or identification purposes. I AM, is used to describe someone, you use the two words to begin describe yourself, you used the two words to begin identify yourself, you use the words, to begin, say, who you are etc

I AM, is the very centre of anyones individuality, hence why being used by the Godhead or God

Jesus is God

The Angel of the Lord is God and vice versa. Jesus is God

Bishopkingsley:
It does matter we follow Jesus instructions

John 6:37, “He That Cometh To Me I Will In No Wise Cast Out.
Do you baptise in Jesus' name at all? Do you mention His Name or you just say:
'In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit' without mentioning the name of Jesus?
Do you follow Jesus' explicit instructions with respect to baptism? Do you at all beloved?

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2021
BassReeves:

'In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit' without mentioning the name of Jesus?

BassReeves:

I AM, is a descriptor name of God. Remember God didnt even tell Moses, what personal name of God Moses should tell the Israelites, but instead God gave Moses an I AM I AM, descriptor name, when God told Moses:
“I am the I AM, I AM (i.e. YHWH or Yahweh). I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by My name the I AM, I AM (i.e. YHWH or Yahweh) I did not make Myself known to them'.

Initially before the above, when Moses asked God who should he say sent him, if asked by the Israelites, God said to him, say, I AM that I AM sent you.

I AM, by the way, is an expression of words used for description or identification purposes. I AM, is used to describe someone, you use the two words to begin describe yourself, you used the two words to begin identify yourself, you se the words to begin say who you are etc

I AM, is the very centre of anyones individuality, hence why being used by the Godhead or God

Jesus is God

The Angel of the Lord is God and vice versa. Jesus is God

I have explained this theory that you put up there let me search it

Now see God expanded definition

Different version of
(Exodus 6:3; Isaiah 12:2; Isaiah 26:4).
The translation uses the word “Yahweh” as the translation of God’s name. Actually this is not a permanent name for God because it is an expression that has different meaning and can mean infinite things....

The Hebrew words in Exodus 3:14 for “I AM THAT I AM” are ehyeh asher ehyeh which should more accurately be translated “I will be what I will be” or as some Bible translates it, “I will become whatsoever I may become.”

This expression in Exodus 3:14 is an idiom, an expression that has a meaning that cannot be understood by the individual words. So, what does “I AM THAT I AM” mean?

What God is saying actually is

I AM WHO YOU WANT ME TO BE
if you need food I AM the provider
If you need health I AM the healer
If you need safety I AM the protector
Etc

it means infinite things which up till now you have failed to understand it and you and so many fake men of God literally took it as God permanent one name

In all of these cases, the meaning of the Hebrew name YHWH – God’s name – is “the Self-existent,” “He who becometh,” or “the becoming one.”

Remember the context of the passage in Exodus. The Israelites were crying day and night for deliverance. God was calling Moses to help lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Moses asked God – what is God’s name or what should he say to the Israelites? In God’s response, He provides a promise to Israel – He would become what they would need Him to become – in this case – their deliverer. This promise found in the name of God can be extended to the world of mankind. God will become what they need Him to become – an architect for the plan of salvation that will bring them back into harmony with Him. In the case of the heavenly church, God will be all we need to make our calling and election sure.

My brother elated177 look at another name of God notice this place God now defines what this I AM means

Exodus 3:6 ►
Then he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.

So I AM is not actually a name but an expression name to indicate infinite personality some one who can't be identified by only one thing or one (name) but by infinite things or infinite (name)

Judges 13:18 ►
He replied, “Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding.”

New Living Translation
“Why do you ask my name?” the angel of the LORD replied. “It is too wonderful for you to understand.”

This is how God actually mean God name expression is beyond understanding it means many things which will blow up your mind if you want to define that I AM

Stop thinking that that is the only permanent name of God no

It is an expression name which continues to add in it meaning

Because you can call God my father and he will appear to you as God Almighty and speak with you in English
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2021
BassReeves:

Do you follow Jesus' explicit instructions with respect to baptism? Do you at all beloved?

No matter what we do we include all the name mentioned by Jesus

And at the end we use Jesus name to close all that we do

Example

We ask God for things or just communicate then
We speak to the ( holy spirit as we speak to people mostly in our hearts) then we use Jesus name to declare all we have said and we say amen

When it comes to baptism we say the same thing Jesus said

In the name of the father the son the holy spirit

Be ye Baptised in Jesus name we pray
Amen
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by BassReeves: 10:07pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
[s]I have explained this theory that you put up there let me search it

Now see God expanded definition

Different version of
(Exodus 6:3; Isaiah 12:2; Isaiah 26:4).
The translation uses the word “Yahweh” as the translation of God’s name. Actually this is not a permanent name for God because it is an expression that has different meaning and can mean infinite things....

The Hebrew words in Exodus 3:14 for “I AM THAT I AM” are ehyeh asher ehyeh which should more accurately be translated “I will be what I will be” or as some Bible translates it, “I will become whatsoever I may become.”

This expression in Exodus 3:14 is an idiom, an expression that has a meaning that cannot be understood by the individual words. So, what does “I AM THAT I AM” mean?

What God is saying actually is

I AM WHO YOU WANT ME TO BE
if you need food I AM the provider
If you need health I AM the healer
If you need safety I AM the protector
Etc

it means infinite things which up till now you have failed to understand it and you and so many fake men of God literally took it as God permanent one name

In all of these cases, the meaning of the Hebrew name YHWH – God’s name – is “the Self-existent,” “He who becometh,” or “the becoming one.”

Remember the context of the passage in Exodus. The Israelites were crying day and night for deliverance. God was calling Moses to help lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Moses asked God – what is God’s name or what should he say to the Israelites? In God’s response, He provides a promise to Israel – He would become what they would need Him to become – in this case – their deliverer. This promise found in the name of God can be extended to the world of mankind. God will become what they need Him to become – an architect for the plan of salvation that will bring them back into harmony with Him. In the case of the heavenly church, God will be all we need to make our calling and election sure.

My brother elated177 look at another name of God notice this place God now defines what this I AM means

Exodus 3:6 ►
Then he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.

So I AM is not actually a name but an expression name to indicate infinite personality some one who can't be identified by only one thing or one (name) but by infinite things or infinite (name)

New Living Translation
“Why do you ask my name?” the angel of the LORD replied. “It is too wonderful for you to understand.”

This is how God actually mean God name expression is beyond understanding it means many things which will blow up your mind if you want to define that I AM

Stop thinking that that is the only permanent name of God no

It is an expression name which continues to add in it meaning

Because you can call God my father and he will appear to you as God Almighty and speak with you in English[/s]
All you will ever dig up are descriptors, adjectives, nomenclature names for God to the exclusive of God's personal, distinctive and original name.

The Tetragrammaton, transliterated in four letters as YHWH or JHVH and/or articulated as Yahweh or Jehovah is not God's personal name

There is only one personal name of God.

Do you know how many times its recorded in the Bible that when God is asked what His personal name is, that declined revealing it?
Do you know specifically the reason why God did not and/or does not reveal His personal name to anyone?

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by BassReeves: 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
[s]No matter what we do we include all the name mentioned by Jesus

And at the end we use Jesus name to close all that we do

Example

We ask God for things or just communicate then
We speak to the ( holy spirit as we speak to people mostly in our hearts) then we use Jesus name to declare all we have said and we say amen

When it comes to baptism we say the same thing Jesus said

In the name of the father the son the holy spirit

Be ye Baptised in Jesus name we pray
Amen [/s]
lqtm

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2021
BassReeves:
All you will ever dig up are descriptors, adjectives, nomenclature names for God to the exclusive of God's personal, distinctive and original name.

The Tetragrammaton, transliterated in four letters as YHWH or JHVH and/or articulated as Yahweh or Jehovah is not God's personal name

There is only one personal name of God.

Do you know how many times its recorded in the Bible that when God is asked what His personal name is, that declined revealing it?
Do you know specifically the reason why God did not and/or does not reveal His personal name to anyone?

I don't force people to understand the things God placed in my heart

You are free to understand as you see fit

There is only one name in existence which is above all names and that name is

JESUS
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2021
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by BassReeves: 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
[s]I don't force people to understand the things God placed in my heart

You are free to understand as you see fit

There is only one name in existence which is above all names that is

JESUS[/s]
What you dont have, how possibly do you stand any chance of forcing it upon anyone. Be living in your delusion of grandeur world

What I've observed though, is that you slowly but surely, albeit still reluctantly, are beginning to see, with the light, anyway

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
BassReeves:
What you dont have, how possibly do you stand any chance of forcing it upon anyone. Be living in your delusion of grandeur world

What I've observed though, is that you slowly but surely, albeit still reluctantly, are beginning to see, with the light, anyway

No need to argue
God bless you and enjoy your day
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Myer(m): 11:06pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

John 8:34, NIV: "Jesus replied, 'Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin."

John 8:34, ESV: "Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin."

What does John 8:34 mean?

Here Jesus uses the phrase translated as "truly, truly," or "very truly." This is from a doubled use of the Aramaic word amēn. Used at the end of a statement, as many cultures do in prayer even today, it suggests a hope that the words will be fulfilled, or that they are true. Used at the beginning of a statement, it is a claim to absolute, original, first-hand knowledge.

It's important to realize what Christ is saying here, and what He is not saying. Earlier, Jesus claimed to be the one and only source of spiritual truth, and that those who accepted Him would be set free from the enslavement of sin (John 7:37–38; John 8:12). Without question, Jesus is pointing out that sin is a mark of following darkness, instead of His light (1 John 1:5-10). Sin, by definition, means choosing earthly, worldly things over heavenly things.

What Jesus is not saying is that all sin, at all times, should be interpreted to mean that the sinner has no relationship to Christ. The Greek of this phrase makes this nuance much easier to understand than any English translation.

The exact phrasing used is pas ho poiōn ho hamartia doulos ho hamartia.

Literally, this means "everyone who keeps practicing sin is a slave of sin."

In other words, Jesus is now speaking of a habitual, persistent sin. Those who are free in Christ may stumble into darkness, but they do not perpetually "walk" in it (John 8:12).

What Jesus is not saying is that all sin, at all times, should be interpreted to mean that the sinner has no relationship to Christ. The Greek of this phrase makes this nuance much easier to understand than any English translation. The exact phrasing used is pas ho poiōn ho hamartia doulos ho hamartia. Literally, this means "everyone who keeps practicing sin is a slave of sin." In other words, Jesus is now speaking of a habitual, persistent sin. Those who are free in Christ may stumble into darkness, but they do not perpetually "walk" in it (John 8:12).

ochibuogwu5 note if Jesus was saying that once you belong to me that means once Jesus saves you then you go back to sin that it means you are now Satan slave then you repent and come back then you become my slave then ochibuogwu5

Ask yourself will that cycle stop because it will be daily thing because you and I know that we have sins that is uncountable and sin which you did not even know that you had done

But no that is not what Jesus is saying here because

12 ¶ Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Once Jesus saves you you no longer walk in darkness forever glory to God

Everyone is a slave in the spiritual sense. We are either slaves to sin, which is our natural state, or we are slaves to Christ. The writers of the New Testament willingly declared their status as slaves of Christ. Paul opens his letter to the Romans by referring to himself as a “slave of Jesus Christ” (Romans 1:1) and his letter to Titus by calling himself a “slave of God” (Titus 1:1). James opens his epistle the same way, “James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ” (James 1:1). Most translations say “servant” or “bond-servant” in these passages, but the Greek word doulas means, literally, “slave.”

In John 8:34 Jesus tells the unbelieving Pharisees, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.” He uses the analogy of a slave and his master to make the point that a slave obeys his master because he belongs to him. Slaves have no will of their own. They are literally in bondage to their masters. When sin is our master, we are unable to resist it. But, by the power of Christ to overcome the power of sin, “You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness” (Romans 6:18). Once we come to Christ in repentance and receive forgiveness for sin, we are empowered by the Holy Spirit forever the holy spirit who comes to live within us forever . It is by His power that we are able to resist sinning and become slaves of righteousness forever

I always enjoy how different believers (from the same church, using the same bible) have different interpretations for the same verses.

Well, I like your doctrine since it is not an extremist doctrine. Cos that's usually where i have issues with some believers.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:39am On Oct 10, 2021
Myer:

I always enjoy how different believers (from the same church, using the same bible) have different interpretations for the same verses.

Well, I like your doctrine since it is not an extremist doctrine. Cos that's usually where i have issues with some believers.

I only teach what the scriptures really say and how great our God is the truth actually set people free which is my mandate

Tell me what the extremist doctrine
Entails

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by TheOneWhoSees: 3:48am On Oct 10, 2021
ochibuogwu5:
Please, your teachings contradict the teachings of Jesus Christ in John 8:31-35 when he was talking those who had believed in HIM thus "anyone who commits sin is a slave unto sin and a slave does not have a permanent position in the household (family of God/kingdom of God)"

You also contradict the reality of Galatians 2:17 "Is Christ is a minister/manifest or of sin"

How can Christ in your new creation life be manifesting sin ?

You also contradict the capacity of Christ at work both to will and to do of His good pleasures (Phil.2:12-13) keeping the believer unstained in this sinful world from one degree of glory to a higher degree of glory by the working of His Holy Spirit. (2 Cor.3:17-18)

You also contradict the reality that the old testament/covenant life of God was able to keep 7000 people unstained much more this new covenant life of Christ according to Romans 11.

7000? where you get this from? That's a LIE so you are sinning by bearing false witness.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:14am On Oct 10, 2021
"I CAUSE TO BE WHAT I CAUSE TO BE.........
I love this translation

I cause to be what I cause to be."

The Israelites will want to know who has sent me, and God replies with a sentence, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh." This is a first person sentence that can be translated, "I am who I am", or perhaps, "I will be who I will be," or perhaps, "I cause to be what I cause to be." We really don't know, but it has something to do with " ...
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by BassReeves: 5:02am On Oct 10, 2021
BassReeves:

It is within God's power to be I AM, aka YHWH, aka, the Tetragrammaton, verbalised as Yahweh or Jehovah who SENT Himself as the same person, to earth as Jesus Christ, the God Incarnate.

Note that, as much as you would love to believe, Jehovah, is not at all God's real name, but it is an artificial Latinized contraption hybrid word, formed from combining the Latin letters JHVH with the vowels of Adonai. God's personal name in fact and fyi, is unknown. Period.

Now, no human being can know God's personal name, but its not just that alone, no human being can physically see God. The means for overcoming the latter 'no human being can physically see God' problem or limitation has its solution in Jesus Christ, God Incarnate. We get to physically see God and live, by proxy, Jesus Christ (i.e. .... Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father John 14:9b)

Bishopkingsley:

No need to argue
People who can't communicate think everything is an argument

Bishopkingsley beloved, what is God's 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, only one personal name?

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by BassReeves: 5:18am On Oct 10, 2021
BassReeves:
Evi.ana, Peace.LoveJoy and Dappa.D according to the bible, no human being, knows God's real name. It is just as like Evi.ana, Peace.LoveJoy and Dappa.D aren't either of you three' real names and no one of this thread knows what Evi.ana, Peace.LoveJoy and Dappa.D real names are.

Empirical evidence supports the biblical facts that no human being knows God's personal name.

Jehovah, a Latinized word that Dappa.D is palming off as God's personal name, is in fact, an invented, make believe, faked and manufactured word put to use as God's personal. Yahweh, which isnt God's personal name, is the verbalisation of the four-lettered alphabets, YHWH, otherwise known as the Tetragrammaton. There is no J in the Hebrew alphabet, so how did YHWH become JHVH and then translate to Jehovah.

BassReeves:
The Spirit of Truth guides all believers to the knowledge of all spiritual truth

God is infinite. God is infinity, not necessarily just plain and ordinary trinity. God is trinity and more

In our terrestrial ecosystem, the totality of the persons of the Godhead is expressed in three dimensions because of the kind of dimension we live and operate on earth

Its funny seeing you making out that God is limited to those three expressions of the Godhead, when God Himself described Himself as I AM that I AM. Do you know the meaning and/or implication of ''Ehyeh' 'Asher' 'Ehyeh'' aka YHWH or Yahweh at all?

Jesus NEVER said His disciples should baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit which are all the persons of God no other. That is a lie from Rome!

Now, correctly what Jesus commanded His disciples to do, was to baptize in His Name, Jesus, without any other person or thing added and this is the reason why every time anyone is baptised after His resurrection, you'll find in the bible, that it was always done in the name of Jesus only.

The word of God is Yes or No, at the other times its equally polysemous. The word of God is at other times, is deliberately hidden, mysterious, buried or concealed, high reaching etc

Bishopkingsley:
"I CAUSE TO BE WHAT I CAUSE TO BE.........
I love this translation

I cause to be what I cause to be."

The Israelites will want to know who has sent me, and God replies with a sentence, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh." This is a first person sentence that can be translated, "I am who I am", or perhaps, "I will be who I will be," or perhaps, "I cause to be what I cause to be." We really don't know, but it has something to do with " ...
lqtm, so with all that in your above post said and done, Bishopkingsley beloved, what is God's 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, one and only personal name?

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:02am On Oct 10, 2021
BassReeves:

Bishopkingsley beloved, what is God's 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, only one personal name?
BassReeves:

It is within God's power to be I AM, aka YHWH, aka, the Tetragrammaton, verbalised as Yahweh or Jehovah who SENT Himself as the same person, to earth as Jesus Christ, the God Incarnate.

Note that, as much as you would love to believe, Jehovah, is not at all God's real name, but it is an artificial Latinized contraption hybrid word, formed from combining the Latin letters JHVH with the vowels of Adonai. God's personal name in fact and fyi, is unknown. Period.

Now, no human being can know God's personal name, but its not just that alone, no human being can physically see God. The means for overcoming the latter 'no human being can physically see God' problem or limitation has its solution in Jesus Christ, God Incarnate. We get to physically see God and live, by proxy, Jesus Christ (i.e. .... Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father John 14:9b)
Bishopkingsley:

No need to argue

I communicate perfectly with anyone
But once I notice aggressive communication I step back Bible said those kinds of discussions yield nothing

And I have done that and discovered truly it only breads strife

If you talk with me with a little bit respect I will reciprocate that aside

Back to the issue you brought up

I said I am is not a name that it is expression name..... What am trying to say is it means many things

I know what I said I said it is an expression name of God and that it is not only God one name and that God has many names

And that It an idiom and that it means many things which I explained

Jehovah or I AM is not God only name that is the summary of the content I wrote

BassReeves:

God's personal name in fact and fyi, is unknown. Period.

Now, no human being can know God's personal name,

Oh now you are now coming to my side with this statement Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well me too
I don't think a Supreme superior being can have a personal name reserved for humans to know him by and that human being can understand it or he able to define it ... Because of this place in the Bible

New Living Translation

And another places in revelation...

But from Scripture we know God has one name which he said he raised above all names so that name is OK for me
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:14am On Oct 10, 2021
BassReeves:

lqtm, so with all that in your above post said and done, Bishopkingsley beloved, what is God's 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, one and only personal name?

BassReeves:

The Spirit of Truth guides all believers to the knowledge of all spiritual truth

God is infinite. God is infinity, not necessarily just plain and ordinary trinity. God is trinity and more

In our terrestrial ecosystem, the totality of the persons of the Godhead is expressed in three dimensions because of the kind of dimension we live and operate on earth

Its funny seeing you making out that God is limited to those three expressions of the Godhead, when God Himself described Himself as I AM that I AM. Do you know the meaning and/or implication of ''Ehyeh' 'Asher' 'Ehyeh'' aka YHWH or Yahweh at all?

Jesus NEVER said His disciples should baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit which are all the persons of God no other. That is a lie from Rome!

Now, correctly what Jesus commanded His disciples to do, was to baptize in His Name, Jesus, without any other person or thing added and this is the reason why every time anyone is baptised after His resurrection, you'll find in the bible, that it was always done in the name of Jesus only.

The word of God is Yes or No, at the other times its equally polysemous. The word of God is at other times, is deliberately hidden, mysterious, buried or concealed, high reaching etc

I humbly disagree with some points raised here because it has no Biblical root... Let not use human imagination to add to God words

I know it sounds sweet but no
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:21am On Oct 10, 2021
BassReeves:

Personal name for God to humans to know
It does not exist.... I think....

Now
Bible shows God has many names

But in order not to continue that your un biblical theology discovery claiming that that Matthew place is not original it left between you and God

But since the scriptures can not be broken I will give it to you for you to break it by yourself

Matthew 28:19 ►
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

And there are other scriptures like this many abound
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:45am On Oct 10, 2021
TRINITY

1 Corinthians 8:6
6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

From this place we know When ever God is mentioned in new testaments it referring to the father

LET SEE SCRIPTURES THAT BACK UP MATTHEW TRINITY

2 Corinthians 13:14
14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Matthew 3:16
16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

John 14:16
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Summary
Scripture says that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all distinct Persons. In addition we find that each of these Persons is specifically addressed as God. Scripture speaks of God the Father having existence. The Bible also says that Jesus the Son is God. Finally there is a third distinct Person, the Holy Spirit, who is also called God. Since all are addressed as God, and there is only one God, then the conclusion must be that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are the one God.

So

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Is in line with scripture and it is original and perfect

BassReeves I won't argue or drag about it like before

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by BassReeves: 7:21am On Oct 10, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
I communicate perfectly with anyone
Sir, you communicate ignorance perfectly well with anyone ready to hook, line and sinker swallow your nescience.

Bishopkingsley:
But once I notice aggressive communication I step back Bible said those kinds of discussions yield nothing
You wilt on any poster that hits you brutal and naked truth, hence the reason why you have this awful attitude.

Without any act of aggression, I come down hard on you because you, out of all posters, ought to know better. Wearing a mitre or purple zucchetto, is not beans nah

Bishopkingsley:
And I have done that and discovered truly it only breads strife
Strife is not a fruit of the Holy Spirit. So be rest assured that nothing like strife will emanate from my quarters

All thats required of you is matured mind biblical factual exchanges, and you giving prompt answers to questions asked you

Bishopkingsley:
If you talk with me with a little bit respect I will reciprocate that aside
Respect is for those who earn and deserve it, not for those who demand it. Respect is not imposed nor begged for. It is earned and offered

Respect is commanded, not demanded. You command respect, by being worthy of respect. I am sorry but in regards to you unable to give an answer the 'what is God's 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, only one personal name?' question proven yourself to not worthy of respect, with regards to the subject matter about what God's 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, only one personal name is

Bishopkingsley:
Back to the issue you brought up

I said, I am, is not a name that it is expression name..... What am trying to say is it means many things

I know what I said I said it is an expression name of God and that it is not only God one name and that God has many names

And that It an idiom and that it means many things which I explained

Jehovah or I AM is not God only name that is the summary of the content I wrote
Put aside, I AM, for the time being, because at the moment, its causing a distraction. I AM, is a descriptor name, it is not a personal name, so for now, forget bringing it up until further notice.

OK, watch this:
I am Bishopkingsley. I am well known on NL Religion forum, as a frequent and prolific contributor. I am the apple of God's Eye. I am Bishopkingsley, a mighty man of valor, man of God. I am Bishopkingsley, a royal priesthood because I have direct access and fellowship with God, like a priest and I am also called to expand the Kingdom of God and influence the world like a king. I am endowed with love, power and a sound mind that rightly divides the word of truth

Bishopkingsley , beloved sir, did you see what just happened immediately above there? Did you see the descriptions? Did your head swell? I used 'I am ...' to chronicle who Bishopkingsley is and what Bishopkingsley is almost all about. You see that 'I am ...' is not your name, in the same or similar vein, 'I AM ...' or 'I AM that I AM ...'neither, is not God's personal name, not even remote close, is it God's personal name

Now, enough of that and moving swiftly on, the fact is, where and what you call 'God has many names' is not, the same as, nor equates to what God's 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, only one personal name

Bishopkingsley:
Oh now you are now coming to my side with this statement Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
No, I am not 'now you are now coming to my side with this statement' because from word go, if you check the date stamps of my mentioned posts here and in other threads, you'll observe that, its not now, that I've advanced that God has a 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, only one personal name, although, the name is shrouded by secrecy

Bishopkingsley:
Well me too
I don't think a Supreme superior being can have a personal name that human being can understand or he able to define ...
Because of this place in the Bible

New Living Translation
Bishopkingsley beloved, what you think doesnt count, matter nor stops, a Supreme superior being, talking of God here, having a personal name.

Whether God's personal name is beyond understanding or too wonderful for you to understand, doesnt equate to God has not a personal name, so Bishopkingsley beloved, sir, I kindly for the umpteenth time, ask you:

Sir, what is God's 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, only one personal name?
Thank you in advance for your kind reply

Bishopkingsley:
And another places in revelation...
Those other places in Revelation, are in fact, talking about a new name, lqtm, even the Revelation says the new name is only known by Jesus, lqtm again

Bishopkingsley:
But from Scripture we know God has one name which he said he raised above all names so that name is OK for me
1. Share the scripture from where you know God has one name, which He said He raised above all names so that name
2. Tell what this name is, that say, you know God has one name, which He said He raised above all names so that name

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by BassReeves: 7:35am On Oct 10, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
I humbly disagree with some points raised here because it has no Biblical root...
List one by one points, all the point you disagree with

Bishopkingsley:
Let not use human imagination to add to God words

I know it sounds sweet but no
Unlike you, every time I advance a point, I am ready and able to explain it, validate it and back it up with scripture

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by BassReeves: 7:36am On Oct 10, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
Personal name for God, to humans to know
It does not exist.... I think....
Leaving out your ' ... to humans to know ... ' part, so are you emphatically saying that God does not have a personal name then?
Are you emphatically, saying that, an one and only personal name for God, does not exist?

Bishopkingsley:
Now
Bible shows God has many names
Smh.
Kk, Bishopkingsley beloved, out of all those '... God has many names, ...' which one, is God's one and only personal name then?

Bishopkingsley:
[s]But in order not to continue that your un biblical theology discovery claiming that that Matthew place is not original it left between you and God

But since the scriptures can not be broken I will give it to you for you to break it by yourself

And there are other scriptures like this many abound [/s]
KMFT

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by BassReeves: 7:37am On Oct 10, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
[s]TRINITY

1 Corinthians 8:6
6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

From this place we know When ever God is mentioned in new testaments it referring to the father

LET SEE SCRIPTURES THAT BACK UP MATTHEW TRINITY

2 Corinthians 13:14
14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Matthew 3:16
16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

John 14:16
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Summary
Scripture says that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all distinct Persons. In addition we find that each of these Persons is specifically addressed as God. Scripture speaks of God the Father having existence. The Bible also says that Jesus the Son is God. Finally there is a third distinct Person, the Holy Spirit, who is also called God. Since all are addressed as God, and there is only one God, then the conclusion must be that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are the one God.

So

Is in line with scripture and it is original and perfect[/s]

BassReeves I won't argue or drag about it like before
Good! As you are better off, left, wallowing in your ignorance.

Argue, is one of your middle names left out during your baby christening, its no wonder, you take pride in your colossal ignorance

Arguing is an exchange of ignorance, but I dont have any ignorance on the subject matter about what God's one and only personal name is or even that Matthew 28:19 is adulterated, to exchange, trade batter or drag about with you.

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:18am On Oct 10, 2021
BassReeves:
Sir, you communicate ignorance perfectly well with anyone ready to hook, line and sinker swallow your nescience.

You wilt on any poster that hits you brutal and naked truth, hence the reason why you have this awful attitude.

Without any act of aggression, I come down hard on you because you, out of all posters, ought to know better. Wearing a mitre or purple zucchetto, is not beans nah

Strife is not a fruit of the Holy Spirit. So be rest assured that nothing like strife will emanate from my quarters

All thats required of you is matured mind biblical factual exchanges, and you giving prompt answers to questions asked you

Respect is for those who earn and deserve it, not for those who demand it. Respect is not imposed nor begged for. It is earned and offered

Respect is commanded, not demanded. You command respect, by being worthy of respect. I am sorry but in regards to you unable to give an answer the 'what is God's 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, only one personal name?' question proven yourself to not worthy of respect, with regards to the subject matter about what God's 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, only one personal name is

Put aside, I AM, for the time being, because at the moment, its causing a distraction. I AM, is a descriptor name, it is not a personal name, so for now, forget bringing it up until further notice.

OK, watch this:
I am Bishopkingsley. I am well known on NL Religion forum, as a frequent and prolific contributor. I am the apple of God's Eye. I am Bishopkingsley, a mighty man of valor, man of God. I am Bishopkingsley, a royal priesthood because I have direct access and fellowship with God, like a priest and I am also called to expand the Kingdom of God and influence the world like a king. I am endowed with love, power and a sound mind that rightly divides the word of truth

Bishopkingsley , beloved sir, did you see what just happened immediately above there? Did you see the descriptions? Did your head swell? I used 'I am ...' to chronicle who Bishopkingsley is and what Bishopkingsley is almost all about. You see that 'I am ...' is not your name, in the same or similar vein, 'I AM ...' or 'I AM that I AM ...'neither, is not God's personal name, not even remote close, is it God's personal name

Now, enough of that and moving swiftly on, the fact is, where and what you call 'God has many names' is not, the same as, nor equates to what God's 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, only one personal name

No, I am not 'now you are now coming to my side with this statement' because from word go, if you check the date stamps of my mentioned posts here and in other threads, you'll observed that, its not now, that I've advanced that God has a 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, only one personal name, although, the name is shrouded by secrecy

Bishopkingsley beloved, what you think doesnt count, matter nor stops, a Supreme superior being, talking of God here, having a personal name.

Whether God's personal name is beyond understanding or too wonderful for you to understand, doesnt equate to God has not a personal name, so Bishopkingsley beloved, sir, I kindly for the umpteenth time, ask you:

Sir, what is God's 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, only one personal name?
Thank you in advance for your kind reply

Those other places in Revelation, are in fact, talking about a new name, lqtm, even the Revelation says the new name is only known by Jesus, lqtm again

1. Share the scripture from where you know God has one name, which He said He raised above all names so that name
2. Tell what this name is, that say, you know God has one name, which He said He raised above all names so that name

BassReeves:

This is totally wrong and you know that or you don't know the truth of what you say
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2021
BassReeves:

If you hit me with what is not in the Bible that is not hit

That devil doctrine so I can not clap for you when you twist Bible and say certain places are not on the Bible

When ever you use what in the Bible to hit me and get me that is when I will clap for you but up till now you have not found me lacking with Bible truth
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:25am On Oct 10, 2021
BassReeves:

No you confuse power definition the above definition is for power

Respect is for every one
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:29am On Oct 10, 2021
BassReeves:

No, I am not 'now you are now coming to my side with this statement' because from word go, if you check the date stamps of my mentioned posts here and in other threads, you'll observed that, its not now, that I've advanced that God has a 'christened' intimate, designated, by itself, only one personal name, although, the name is shrouded by secrecy

Me and you have never talked about this
Area even before I searched Bible I believe naturally everyone has many names so we have never been here before
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:37am On Oct 10, 2021
BassReeves:

The name above all names is Jesus

I talked about it before in past post here let me repeat it
Below

BassReeves:

I already said it God personal name to be known by humans doesn't exist.for us if that the best way to say it .. And if it does
That this place point to why it not for humans

New Living Translation

But this now brings me and you back to the same point you refuse to accept

Now there is a name which fit calling God since God is trinity

Now Jesus used the name and shows us the name we should use when doing the things of God

The best name to actually describe God is the father the son the holy spirit

But God equally show us one name more than all names

That name is JESUS

Philippians 2:

9.Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:46am On Oct 10, 2021
Chew on this I will be back attend to the rest issues
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2021
Rain has kept me here at home so I will continue
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:02am On Oct 10, 2021
BassReeves:

God is infinite yes but very well trinity there is no other manifestation of God apart from the Father the Son the Holy Spirit

Because as he is so are we

BassReeves:

not necessarily just plain and ordinary trinity.

This is not scriptural
Re: ⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:07am On Oct 10, 2021
BassReeves:

This is not in Bible and can't be used as evidence

Because Bible shows Jesus was able to swallow all of GODHEAD - Permit me to use human words there ... Everything about God was inside Jesus and infinite aspect of God did not cause Jesus as a man to explode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Does "born Again" and born of "water" Mean? / Dr. David Sheds Some Light. . . Golgotha And Divinity. . . / "jesus Came To A Moslem When Everyone Else Has Left Him To Die”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.