Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,427 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) (58437 Views)

Ukraine President Zelensky Involved In Car Accident (photos, video) / Ex-President Mohammed Morsi Dies In Court In Egypt / Prince Philip, Duke Of Edinburgh, Involved In Car Crash (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by HonNL: 9:10am On Oct 04, 2021
Swedish artist who survived two murder attempts after drawing the Prophet Mohammed is killed in mystery car crash along with his two police protection officers

A Swedish artist who survived two murder attempts after drawing a cartoon of the Muslim Prophet Mohammed has died in a horror car crash.

Lars Vilks, 75, was killed Sunday when the police car he was traveling in veered onto the wrong side of the road and collided with a truck.

Both vehicles caught fire and the truck driver, 45, was taken to hospital with serious injuries.

The two police officers who were tasked with protecting Mr Vilks also died, according Swedish news outlet Expressen.

The crash is being investigated by the special prosecutor's office.

The collision occurred just before 3pm in Markaryd, in the province of Kronoberg, Sweden.

It comes after Mr Vilks received numerous threats for drawing the Prophet Muhammad with a dog's body in 2007.

In 2015 lone gunman Omar El-Hussein fired shots at the front of the Krudttonden cafe where Mr Vilks was taking part in a debate on free speech.

Lars Vilk, 75, was traveling together with two police officers who also died, according Swedish news outlet Expressen

The car carrying Mr Vilks was reportedly travelling at a high speed before it veered into the other lane and collided with the truck, becoming wedged underneath it. Both vehicles caught fire

In 2015 lone gunman Omar El-Hussein fired shots at the front of the Krudttonden cafe where Mr Vilks (pictured) was taking part in a debate on free speech
Meanwhile Colleen LaRose, 51, of Pennsberg, Pennsylvania, pleaded guilty to conspiring to kill Mr Vilks in 2011 and was convicted in 2014.

National Police Chief Anders Thornberg said: 'It is with dismay and great sadness that I received the news that our two colleagues and our security person died this afternoon.

'My thoughts go out to their relatives, families, friends and co-workers.

'I am also in contact with the police in the region to make sure that they get the support they need.'

The relatives of Mr Vilks and the two officers have been notified.

Head of the special prosecutor's office Anders Jakobsson said: 'With the information I have now, it indicates that it is an accident.

'But the investigation is at a very early stage.'

The horror crash occurred just before 3pm in Markaryd, in the province of Kronoberg, Sweden on Sunday
The truck driver was airlifted to hospital by helicopter, where he will be questioned by police over what happened.

The car carrying Mr Vilks was reportedly travelling at a high speed before it veered into the other lane and collided with the truck, becoming wedged underneath it. Both vehicles caught fire.

Police spokesman Rickard Lundqvist said: 'I can not say at the moment if there are any criminal suspicions.'

The busy E4 road where the crash occurred has been closed off while police speak to witnesses. It is set to re-open at around 3am.

According to Expressen, the rescue service and the police said it would take a lot for a vehicle to be able to pass into the other lane, given that it is separated by a wire fence.

The section of the road has reportedly been rebuilt several times in recent years to improve traffic safety.

A police press conference is scheduled for Monday.

SOURCE

7 Likes

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by Kingosytex(m): 9:12am On Oct 04, 2021
Survived assassination attempts but died in an auto crash, a classical example of there are many ways to kill a rat.

My brothers from the other religion are just too intolerant, I haven't seen any religion that leaves no room for criticism. Hope they themselves are gonna live for ever?

Terrorists everywhere!

544 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by Ammishaddai: 9:16am On Oct 04, 2021
Trust muslims to start celebrating over the murder of this cartoonist

294 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by OBALOLA55(m): 9:21am On Oct 04, 2021
ANTIISLAM AKA MIKECOLD I HOPE YOU ARE READING

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by hamaworld(m): 9:21am On Oct 04, 2021
Death is always a mystery

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by slawormiir: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Rest in peace...

And alot of you all will say the accident leading to his death is not Normal

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:21am On Oct 04, 2021
Why is everything about Islam always turn out violent.
If they don't kill they hang
If they don't stone they cut neck
Sometimes I keep wondering the world without religion and I have come to realise that a world without religion would hv being more loveable than what we have now.
Christianity = Hypocricy
Islam. = Violence

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by Freelane33(m): 9:21am On Oct 04, 2021
Holyshit
Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by emmabest2000(m): 9:21am On Oct 04, 2021
Dem don kom again cheesy

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by adesegun121(m): 9:21am On Oct 04, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by Olaoluwa112(m): 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
Who knows if he was killed by those alahuaboom people.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by tony0806: 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
its well

1 Like

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by nonut: 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
Reading - (in the words of Nairaland famous zombie)

7 Likes

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by saddler: 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
undecided

1 Like

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by Betece: 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
Islam!!!!
What a religion...
I've wondered without plummeting with my nose dog countless times yet I can't understand painstakingly why bed bug and jacket swallow fridge occasionally

3 Likes

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by AuntRose(f): 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
It's just an unfortunate accident which could happen to anyone, but trust the muslims to rejoice over this

3 Likes

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
I don't support killing people, terrorists or terrorism in any way, but if there's anything we Christians have to learn from Muslims, it's to respect their prophets and religious sacredness.

Those of us who are Christians are the first to use Jesus' name for jokes and vain comments. When people insult or mention Jesus' name in vain, even some so called Christians join them... Shame. embarassed

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by OG1BABY(f): 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by BF69BF: 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
Lmao, headslammers would like this news.

5 Likes

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
Muslims Right Now grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by Umaruxoxo(m): 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
Holy cow
Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by harmargedon: 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
Death
Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by mohims(m): 9:23am On Oct 04, 2021
It was just his time to die. Who is Prophet Muhammad that cannot be cartooned? I just finished drawing a cartoon of Prophet Muhammad carrying an RPG. If e pain you, go drink sniper. Islam is the worst thing that has ever happened to mankind

103 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by Numerouno94(m): 9:23am On Oct 04, 2021
Na them. Awon religion of piss. grin grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by harmargedon: 9:23am On Oct 04, 2021
Death
Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by letristian: 9:23am On Oct 04, 2021
The terrorists have done what they know best to do

6 Likes

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by Kobicove(m): 9:23am On Oct 04, 2021
The accident actually does seem suspicious...why would the cars go up in flames after collision? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by helinues: 9:23am On Oct 04, 2021
sad

Person wey go die, na something must kill am.

The intolerant set of people are looking for anything to be justified..

Mysterious ko, hilarious ni

1 Like

Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by symbianDON(m): 9:23am On Oct 04, 2021
Too bad!
Re: Lars Vilks Dies In Car Accident (Pictures) by Mrjonah(m): 9:23am On Oct 04, 2021
Let's see picture of the cartoon na grin undecided grin

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Former Translators Who Helped British Troops Left Behind In Afghanistan(Pix) / Trump Cheered As He Drives Through "MILLION MAGA MARCH" Rally In Washington DC / White House Staff To Move Out The Obamas & Move In The Trumps In 6 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.