Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. (2150 Views)

I Messed Up. / My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice / Wicked Married Man Messed Up My Life And Refuse To Take Responsibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 04, 2021
Being the first son out of six kids is challenging as there's a lot of expectations and it's draining me.
My parents really made things soft for us while growing up not until my dad feel sick and everything turned bad. I quickly realized things and kicked up hustling when I moved in with my uncle. This uncle of mine pays my fees and I work for him, but he's a very difficult person and no one stays with him for a long time even his wife couldn't. Having noticed that, I try as much as possible to please him but he keeps maltreating me so I deviced means to earn cos being wholely dependent on him will aggravate things for me. His wife is a very good person I look unto whenever I need certain things, this man changed totally during the lockdown and kept on accusing me of stealing his stuffs (Not money) even to the extent of taking me to the police, all these things began after some of his workers moved into his house where we reside, sometimes he'll tell his wife not to give me food for no plain reason. I overlooked these things but it was killing me inside, it really affected me because I'm a very calm person who likes to mind his biz and for sometime I was depressed and totally disappointed that my uncle would be doing this to me. I remember how he'll be telling me my father trained all of them (5) except him being the last born in school and therefore he owes no one nothing.
Last year I was able to get something doing while I work for him and it gave me some money that I was using to support my family and complete all my fees upon resumption. I later got some more cash and foolishly went to him to seek advice on what I can start up with it, couldn't detect the fact that he wasn't happy with that. To cut it short, the business crashed while I was at school and he promised to repay me.
Now I'm back to square one and currently on 6 months IT leave from school, when I came back to his house, things did not change instead it got worse so I quickly had to find something doing so I could leave. I used to model and do graphics designs and was also learning web development combined with Cloud computing but this man took my system and promised to fix it along with his when it spoilt but I've not seen it till date. A friend of mine whom I helped last year remembered me and asked me to come over to his place and I've been there now for a month trying to sort out things for my self but it's not working out and I don't seem to like this condition I find myself in.
I'll be 19 by December and also a graduate next year, I don't have anything to show for it, even my next school fee I don't know where it'll come from, my mother on her own wants us to go back to her country and I've been begging her to reconsider it. All my mates willing to help me big at the moment indulge in fraud and I can't bear the thought of going illegal. I did not offend anybody, I'm not a bad person, just trying to better my life and these things ain't working out it's frustrating.
I really need your advice cos for the past few weeks I can't get myself just been thinking about my next move and my future in general cos it seems I've been disappointed by my Uncle whom I believed in so much to help me.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Ynix(m): 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
Satanisreal:
Being the first son out of six kids is challenging as there's a lot of expectations and it's draining me.
My parents really made things soft for us while growing up not until my dad feel sick and everything turned bad. I quickly realized things and kicked up hustling when I moved in with my uncle. This uncle of mine pays my fees and I work for him, but he's a very difficult person and no one stays with him for a long time even his wife couldn't. Having noticed that, I try as much as possible to please him but he keeps maltreating me so I deviced means to earn cos being wholely dependent on him will aggravate things for me. His wife is a very good person I look unto whenever I need certain things, this man changed totally during the lockdown and kept on accusing me of stealing his stuffs (Not money) even to the extent of taking me to the police, all these things began after some of his workers moved into his house where we reside, sometimes he'll tell his wife not to give me food for no plain reason. I overlooked these things but it was killing me inside, it really affected me because I'm a very calm person who likes to mind his biz and for sometime I was depressed and totally disappointed that my uncle would be doing this to me. I remember how he'll be telling me my father trained all of them (5) except him being the last born in school and therefore he owes no one nothing.
Last year I was able to get something doing while I work for him and it gave me some money that I was using to support my family and complete all my fees upon resumption. I later got some more cash and foolishly went to him to seek advice on what I can start up with it, couldn't detect the fact that he wasn't happy with that. To cut it short, the business crashed while I was at school and he promised to repay me.
Now I'm back to square one and currently on 6 months IT leave from school, when I came back to his house, things did not change instead it got worse so I quickly had to find something doing so I could leave. I used to model and do graphics designs and was also learning web development combined with Cloud computing but this man took my system and promised to fix it along with his when it spoilt but I've not seen it till date. A friend of mine whom I helped last year remembered me and asked me to come over to his place and I've been there now for a month trying to sort out things for my self but it's not working out and I don't seem to like this condition I find myself in.
I'll be 19 by December and also a graduate next year, I don't have anything to show for it, even my next school fee I don't know where it'll come from, my mother on her own wants us to go back to her country and I've been begging her to reconsider it. All my mates willing to help me big at the moment indulge in fraud and I can't bear the thought of going illegal. I did not offend anybody, I'm not a bad person, just trying to better my life and these things ain't working out it's frustrating.
I really need your advice cos for the past few weeks I can't get myself just been thinking about my next move and my future in general cos it seems I've been disappointed by my Uncle whom I believed in so much to help me.
Never Give up, be resilient, go out there and get something doing even if it is construction labour, or home lessons, office clerk. The same way you explained things here go to Google get contacts of businesses around where you are and ask for job even if it is volunteering It is in the place of duties and opportunities come.
Perhaps it is part of the story

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by udoka55555: 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
Hmm...

Trust no man/woman......

Especially your paternal uncle's...,

They are deadlier than viper and 80% of them have evil intentions....

If you are lucky to be among those who have lovely paternal uncle's, cherish them......

My advice to you.....

If your mom is from yanky, Cameron, Ghana or Kenya, Biko Wa

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Abfinest007(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
That ur uncle is a suspect just like chiwete ago in the nollywood.seek spiritual help
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by sheanzy(m): 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2021
Mumu , ur friend wan help u do Yahoo u Dy form holy nweje

Dey there, u no know say for this world now , good people no Dy Last again

Use ur 6 egbon
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Spherical77(m): 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2021
I still don't know why most paternal family members are always wicked and mean
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
udoka55555:
Hmm...

Trust no man/woman......

If you are lucky to be among those who have lovely paternal uncle's, cherish them......

My advice to you.....

Would have left Nigeria since if not for my school.
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by lecoeur(m): 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2021
I still don't understand what people gain from frustrating other people's effort.
Don't resort to anything illegal Bro, God will help you.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Mayour11(m): 7:00pm On Oct 04, 2021
This your case is not bad. I don't want you to feel bad about it. Sorry you're facing all these at such a young age.

See, you have some of the skills to make you rich. If possible, use this time to learn and ace your skills and remember how you could raise money few months ago from some things you said you were doing then. The truth is try to complete your studies and probably think of relocating as your mother advised but that should be after your degree program.

You can do it, just persevere and take solace in the fact that it is only for a while.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by MufasaLion: 7:53pm On Oct 04, 2021
Mayour11:
This your case is not bad. I don't want you to feel bad about it. Sorry you're facing all these at such a young age.

See, you have some of the skills to make you rich. If possible, use this time to learn and ace your skills and remember how you could raise money few months ago from some things you said you were doing then. The truth is try to complete your studies and probably think of relocating as your mother advised but that should be after your degree program.

You can do it, just persevere and take solace in the fact that it is only for a while.

Follow this advice. Most importantly, get a skill or skills.
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 04, 2021
Mayour11:

I used to trade cryptocurrency (Futures).
Crypto gave me those cash, I'm currently out of it till I get stable at some point.
I'll take up and try and improve on those skills.
Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Craig24: 9:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
Issues of life. It's a pity u have no support.

However, pls try and inquire about your paternal home extensively from a spiritualist or a diviner.

What stopped your father is beginning to deal with u as the first child of ur father.

"A man who makes friends with people of spiritual value is always wiser than an elderly man with grey hairs!"

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Kobojunkie: 2:05am On Oct 05, 2021
Craig24:
Issues of life. It's a pity u have no support.

However, pls try and inquire about your paternal home extensively from a spiritualist or a diviner.

What stopped your father is beginning to deal with u as the first child of ur father.
What stopped his father? How did you go about concluding that the OP's father's foolish choices are result of "spiritual" interference? The man chose to have 6 kids without putting enough aside to ensure some of those kids were taken care of through college - is that what a wise person does? undecided

Op, please do not for even a second think to blame spirits. Failure is a part of life. You learn whatever lessons you are meant to so you sure against them later on. Those who leave it all to chance are fools. The worst kind of fools are those who look to blame others or anything fot their faults - like your uncle there - refusing to sit down and accept responsibility for their own actions and mistakes in life. undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 05, 2021
Who has been paying your school fees before now? Your uncle? Then go back and complete your education but if not, stay with that your friend and look for something doing to enable you finish your school.

This life is full of ups and downs and if you keep looking up to human beings for help, you'll be the most miserable.so I'll advise you look up to Jesus and pray hard until your breakthrough comes.
No body is willing to help these days. So, take your mind off humans and pick any legit job available to you.

The thing is, there are teaching jobs but most people don't want to do it and keep complaining there's nothing to do. They feel teaching is a poor job but that is what is available and you can still earn something and be using it to patch things up pending when your dream job comes. better than nothing.

I know how many cute guys resumed teaching jobs this term and I was like.. wow! People are beginning to wise up. Rather than sit waiting for donkey years for a multinational job, they have started taking up the available while waiting for the big fish. Which is a very wise move otherwise hunger and depression will come knocking.

Even people that are working are not finding it so easy, how much more when you're depending fully on someone.

My dear its not easy, but with God, we'll win.

It is well.
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by LordsBattleAxe(m): 8:05am On Oct 05, 2021
At the moment, it seems as if life can't get any better. From experience, it does. First of all, I'm extremely proud of you dt you refused to join the thieves masquerading as yahoo boys. Trust me, you'll thank yourself in the next ten years. Second, for a 19 year old, you're doing way better than a majority of your folks. So, trust the process, level up with your courses. Your uncle is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things - you've got this, friend �

7 Likes

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Acidosis(m): 8:11am On Oct 05, 2021
udoka55555:
Hmm...

Trust no man/woman......

My advice to you.....

When you condemn paternal uncles, I hope you understand that you're indirectly saying that your brothers are wicked and not to be trusted??

The next thing you would say in defence is that some of them change when they get married because of their wives' behaviour.

...Without even realising that "wives" in the above context means mothers. Same mothers that never do wrong?

@OP, I would advise you to ignore your uncle's bad behaviours and focus on being a better person. If enduring hardship will see you through school, please return to him and complete your education. God willing, you should get a good job after your education but even if the expected doesn't come on time, do all you can legitimately to avoid falling into wrong hands (fraud). All you're going through today is not your fault. So don't be too hard on yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by elantraceey(f): 9:28am On Oct 05, 2021
LordsBattleAxe:
At the moment, it seems as if life can't get any better. From experience, it does. First of all, I'm extremely proud of you dt you refused to join the thieves masquerading as yahoo boys. Trust me, you'll thank yourself in the next ten years. Second, for a 19 year old, you're doing way better than a majority of your folks. So, trust the process, level up with your courses. Your uncle is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things - you've got this, friend �

100%

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Miarose: 10:00am On Oct 05, 2021
What exactly do u need? School fees, laptop or what? What school do u attend and how many more years left for u? Can one pay your school fees directly without sending money you?
Satanisreal:
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by yunqdady: 10:03am On Oct 05, 2021
Satanisreal:
That's life for you.
Depend on no one so even if are disappointed, you won't feel it.
At 19 and almost a graduate, you have a huge world ahead of you, just manage it well and be happy
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by yunqdady: 10:04am On Oct 05, 2021
sheanzy:
Mumu , ur friend wan help u do Yahoo u Dy form holy nweje

Dey there, u no know say for this world now , good people no Dy Last again

Use ur 6 egbon
Your days are numbered

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by sheanzy(m): 10:05am On Oct 05, 2021
yunqdady:

My days are numbered
amen
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by cooooooks(m): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2021
Which country?

Could you be dependent on government loans? Assisted housing?

Getting a system and getting back to graphic design is HUGE. You could earn remotely from that alone.

Satanisreal:
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by PuZZyNegro: 10:51am On Oct 05, 2021
My only advice to you is in regards to meeting your uncle for financial advice.

Know that in this world, people don't want you to be bigger than them. They need you to remain poor so you will continue to respect and worship them.

Money is power and people know this thus the reason they will frustrate every effort you make to come out of needs.

Please, this is not exclusive to uncles so you know. Biological brothers can be worse. I have my own personal experience with mainly biological brothers that I only tell them what I have done and not what I intend to do.

For instance: bro, here's a car I just got. Bro, I am running my masters degree, bro, I have done this or done that. And not, I want to do this, what do you think? Their advice most times comes from a selfish angle and tilts towards ensuring you remain limited.

I will cite only one example. When I got my car, my brother who's the richest in the family advised me to get married that it's the next thing for me.

I looked him in the face and told him that I want to build a house before getting married.

It's not that he doesn't know that's the next thing I should do considering the fact that I am still very young and the last born of the family with three other brothers so there's no rush of only son or first son.

He himself bought his car, finished his house before getting married and he never married at the age that I am.

So, basically he felt I was moving too fast in achievements and wants something to slow me down. You don't need to be told what comes with marriage in terms of responsibility.

This is just one out of many of such encounters even from my brother in law (my sister's husband). Their advice always tend to keep you where you are so you will continue to depend on them and of course remain loyal to them.

To pull through quickly in life, learn to seek for advice from people that do not know you and people that have no vested interest in whatever decision that you take, else, you may be on a long thing. Sometimes, parents are not excluded.

You're just 19, I pray you make independent decisions that will see you at the top later in your life.

5 Likes

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 05, 2021
Miarose:
What exactly do u need? School fees, laptop or what? What school do u attend and how many more years left for u? Can one pay your school fees directly without sending money you?
I'm an AE-FUNAI student.
We're in our second semester now and I've completed payments for this year. All I need now is a system, with that I'm sure of getting my fees for the next session starting next year.
Thanks for your concern.
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What stopped his father? How did you go about concluding that the OP's father's foolish choices are result of "spiritual" interference? The man chose to have 6 kids without putting enough aside to ensure some of those kids were taken care of through college - is that what a wise person does? undecided

Op, please do not for even a second think to blame spirits. Failure is a part of life. You learn whatever lessons you are meant to so you sure against them later on. Those who leave it all to chance are fools. The worst kind of fools are those who look to blame others or anything fot their faults - like your uncle there - refusing to sit down and accept responsibility for their own actions and mistakes in life. undecided
I don't think my father made any foolish choice as you said Sir, most of his investments were used to finance his health issue. Had it not been that, things won't turn out this way.
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 05, 2021
cooooooks:
Which country?

Could you be dependent on government loans? Assisted housing?

Getting a system and getting back to graphic design is HUGE. You could earn remotely from that alone.

Yeah.
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 05, 2021
LordsBattleAxe:
I appreciate the kind words Sir, thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Kobojunkie: 12:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
Satanisreal:

I don't think my father made any foolish choice as you said Sir, most of his investments were used to finance his health issue. Had it not been that, things won't turn out this way.
An investment is a gamble. A child's future should never be bet on a gamble. You may not want to acknowledge it for what it is, but your father made a foolish gamble with 6 lives. A gamble that you at your age are paying for. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Craig24: 1:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Craig24: 1:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Seeing beyond the ordinary iz not a gift many can afford.
Re: I Need Help, My Life's Getting Messed Up. by Richy4(m): 1:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
This is just funny... A 19 year old is saying that he's almost a graduate and has nothing to show for it.... yet he got skills in IT? cheesy

Seriously... you are too young to act or carry the whole world on your head... do not let the pressure of family and extended family make you develop HBP..

@ 19 you are already thinking responsibly which is commendable but you need to grow up based on your age... u are still a kid to be thinking about all these.... Nigeria is messed up today because people wants to be rich in a fast way, some was because of family pressure...yahoo yahoo, assassination and kidnapping is rampant today because of all these pressure..

Please my dear young man slow down a bit... You are on the right track at the moment... there are 30plus who are yet to figure out where the world is taking them... we can't blame them because everyone got different destiny... but slow your role a little so that you won't die earl
y...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ Brazilian TV Presenter, Miss Bum Bum Damaged By Fillers (photos) / New Baby Thrown Into Toilet By Unknown Mother, Found Alive By Good Samaritan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.