Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,841 members, 7,806,364 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) (37301 Views)

I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time / Daring Experience Traveling By Boat From Eagle Island PH: Pics & Video / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2021
Did you buy gala n coke on the way?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Shezzman: 7:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nice write up
snapdragon00:
This is an update to the previous thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6783357/traveling-air-first-time/7#106420545

So i boarded my plane this morning and i can say it was a great experience thanks to all your contributions and tips. Lemme start like this, I woke up so early as my flight was at 8:25 since it's my first time i needed to play safe to avoid stories that touch grin i didn't give my village people a chance in that aspect.

I arrived at the airport few minutes to 7 and by 7:10 i was done checking in and ready for boarding (I didn't expect it to be so fast and smooth tho)

That was how i started pressing my phone and carefully paying attention to the announcements that one could barely hear. (I think airports need to do better as some of us no dey understand that kind accents) cry They can just past the announcement on a screen for people to read, anyways what do i know? maybe people have not missed flight as a result of that.

Ehen so while waiting, i was just observing everything, i saw one bros seated behind me so i walked up to him and confessed. grin "Bros no vex, na my first flight bdis, abeg if dem announce air peace flight to lagos just let me know" he smiled and said i shouldn't worry. Few minutes later i heard the announcement naso i pack my things go join queue, kudos to air peace (unlike the other announcements i heard, they used one local accent to announce before the normal posh accent repeated the announcement so it was easy for me to know it's time to board.

They did the normal thing and i was inside the plane naso i just dey look like village boy. grin i followed the suggestion by some good NLanders and watched how to fasten a plane seat belt so it was not an issue, i no disgrace my ancestors. except for the air hostess that was rude when i asked her for my seat everything went fine, i was so calm and composed like i've done this before. The plane took off and few minutes later we're flying above the clouds i was just smiling all through then i felt a sharp pain in my left ear, boom i no dey hear well again. grin then i remembered i was told here, i just swallowed saliva and i'd regain my hearing, it continued through out the flight. some of the things i noticed through the flight was:

Majority of land, like 70 percent is uninhabited, i saw my knowledge of geography come into play as we ascend into the sky, i could easily identify all the different layers like atmosphere, lithosphere and the rest it was like we're traveling to space, asin after all science no dey lie oo but above all God is the greatest. My experience helped me to believe God more, like he created all these things, he has the power to do anything so why even doubt him. cool

At some point during the flight, the plane was vibrating and turning anyhow lol but i didnt panic because i remembered nairalanders told me about it, i was seated by the window and stayed awake all through. Like 20 minutes into the flight, the pilot said "for those of you sitting by the right if you look by the window we are just flying over ibadan" naso i look and was like, oga i no see ibadan here ooo na just thick cloud i see. cheesy
That was how i landed in lagos around 10am and the weather was looking like 4pm nawao. i enjoyed my flight sha and i hope to do this again, but next time it should be canada not lagos. grin
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by vaca1: 7:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oluolad86:
Congrats, Amen to your prayer.

Please I need any blood tonic or name of herbs to boost my PCV (blood) I have tried ugu, milk and malt, they are not working. Thanks
In this combination add raw egg

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Joromi1: 7:53pm On Oct 04, 2021
My first flight had me sweating profusely under AC. And it was my worst flight ever; just from Lagos to Abuja. Dana Air it was, the aircraft version of molue. I think I saw where they taped the wing sef... and the horrifying noise and vibrations. And that wing kept flapping in the air I thought it would pull off and hit one Fulani herdsman in the bush. To make things worse, one idiot behind me was recounting the Dana Air crash incident of 2012. I wanted to turn around and spit in his face but my fear was stronger. So I faced my front. I rejected their stupid coffee and cheap biscuits. If possible, I would prefer landing midway and completing my journey in a commercial bus.

That was my last with Dana. Booked Air Peace for return flight and the experience was better.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Oluolad86(f): 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
vaca1:

In this combination add raw egg

I vomitted everything inside my stomach whenever I tried this
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by lookingfly: 7:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Sirheny007:
You boarded a flight from Abuja to Lagos and you want to bring down Nairaland.

What should people like us - who have accumulated up to 700hrs on air to and fro Europe - do then?

grin
you get money na...... My first flight was barely three months ago. Abuja to Lagos, Lagos back to Abuja. I de plan to go further msc for abroad...... God go take us reach your level. wink
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by chitheo(f): 7:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nice.
Op, how long did the discomfort you felt in your ear last?
And was it just blocked or it rang I.e tinnitus?
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by lonelydora: 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
snapdragon00:
This is an update to the previous thread here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6783357/traveling-air-first-time/7#106420545

So i boarded my plane this morning and i can say it was a great experience thanks to all your contributions and tips. Lemme start like this, I woke up so early as my flight was at 8:25 since it's my first time i needed to play safe to avoid stories that touch grin i didn't give my village people a chance in that aspect.

I arrived at the airport few minutes to 7 and by 7:10 i was done checking in and ready for boarding (I didn't expect it to be so fast and smooth tho)

That was how i started pressing my phone and carefully paying attention to the announcements that one could barely hear. (I think airports need to do better as some of us no dey understand that kind accents) cry They can just past the announcement on a screen for people to read, anyways what do i know? maybe people have not missed flight as a result of that.

Ehen so while waiting, i was just observing everything, i saw one bros seated behind me so i walked up to him and confessed. grin "Bros no vex, na my first flight bdis, abeg if dem announce air peace flight to lagos just let me know" he smiled and said i shouldn't worry. Few minutes later i heard the announcement naso i pack my things go join queue, kudos to air peace (unlike the other announcements i heard, they used one local accent to announce before the normal posh accent repeated the announcement so it was easy for me to know it's time to board.

They did the normal thing and i was inside the plane naso i just dey look like village boy. grin i followed the suggestion by some good NLanders and watched how to fasten a plane seat belt so it was not an issue, i no disgrace my ancestors. except for the air hostess that was rude when i asked her for my seat everything went fine, i was so calm and composed like i've done this before. The plane took off and few minutes later we're flying above the clouds i was just smiling all through then i felt a sharp pain in my left ear, boom i no dey hear well again. grin then i remembered i was told here, i just swallowed saliva and i'd regain my hearing, it continued through out the flight. some of the things i noticed through the flight was:

Majority of land, like 70 percent is uninhabited, i saw my knowledge of geography come into play as we ascend into the sky, i could easily identify all the different layers like atmosphere, lithosphere and the rest it was like we're traveling to space, asin after all science no dey lie oo but above all God is the greatest. My experience helped me to believe God more, like he created all these things, he has the power to do anything so why even doubt him. cool

At some point during the flight, the plane was vibrating and turning anyhow lol but i didnt panic because i remembered nairalanders told me about it, i was seated by the window and stayed awake all through. Like 20 minutes into the flight, the pilot said "for those of you sitting by the right if you look by the window we are just flying over ibadan" naso i look and was like, oga i no see ibadan here ooo na just thick cloud i see. cheesy
That was how i landed in lagos around 10am and the weather was looking like 4pm nawao. i enjoyed my flight sha and i hope to do this again, but next time it should be canada not lagos. grin

Just around 12,000ft above sea level...na im you dey shout? When you go fly international of about 35,000/40,000ft nko?
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by victorazy(m): 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
NwaOtuNaJos:
I wish to experience this flight abi I follow backyard come this world. Chai! E go better�

grin grin grin
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by deavicky(m): 7:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
saphiere:
Guys to be honest I have never entered plane before. I need someone to make this dream of mine come true for me.

Thanks
give me the honor to fly you to PH and also flex you, with a little terms and condition.
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by ModelLook(m): 7:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
I'm so happy for you.

Congrats.

Very soon na private jet.

When will I enter plane

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by BigDawsNet: 7:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
Congratulations dude...more air trip on your way

It's always a good experience to travel by air...

My longest was LAG-ATL

Im looking forward to Australia... heard it's pretty far ....can't wait

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by BluntCrazeMan: 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
Sirheny007:

What should people like us - who have accumulated up to 700hrs on air to and fro Europe - do then?

grin
Go and Bring Down Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Kingsean(m): 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oluolad86:

Please I need any blood tonic or name of herbs to boost my PCV (blood) I have tried ugu, milk and malt, they are not working. Thanks

use MIM(multivitamin, Iron and Minerals). it's a drug that helps boost blood production. if this doesn't work, then you may have an underlying ailment which has not been detected. by the way, milk and malt can never give blood. the mixture lacks enough iron for blood production

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Oluolad86(f): 8:00pm On Oct 04, 2021
Sondo:

Try malt and sachet tomoto precisely pure Gino sachet tomato the one with no pepper nor seasoning

I'll, thanks so much
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by MASTERMIND04(m): 8:00pm On Oct 04, 2021
Very funny guy. Nice one!
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Mrkumareze(m): 8:00pm On Oct 04, 2021
By the time you travel to Asia, or some far away countries...connecting flight from place like dubai, na there u ll have to worry on locating your flight boarding hall... shocked
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by staga: 8:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
Sirheny007:

grin

You should park well and stay in your European airways. Let those who God just opened their doors for local flights to enjoy the experience. Some of you are just kill joys.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by nairaman66(m): 8:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
segebobo:

Chairman, lithosphere is land ó

I think he meant stratosphere! grin

1 Share

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Crossroad1(m): 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2021
saphiere:
Guys to be honest I have never entered plane before. I need someone to make this dream of mine come true for me.

Thanks
go meet your "the future is female crew

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by ItsmeF: 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oluolad86:

Thanks

You're welcome
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Oluolad86(f): 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2021
Kingsean:

use MIM(multivitamin, Iron and Minerals). it's a drug that helps boost blood production. if this doesn't work, then you may have an underlying ailment which has not been detected. by the way, milk and malt can never give blood. the mixture lacks enough iron for blood production

I have been treating pericarditis and heartburn, I would have done the surgery but I didn't have money then
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Sirheny007(m): 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2021
staga:

You should park well and stay in your European airways. Let those who God just opened their doors for local flights to enjoy the experience. Some of you are just kill joys.

Take my comment serious at your own expense.
cheesy
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by JIMXMAVERICK(m): 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2021
How much was the flight fee
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by olayemi22(m): 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2021
Sirheny007:

grin
at least for a start, he fit buy Aeroplane soon cool
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by izubext007: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
Thank for safe landing
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Crossroad1(m): 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
grin
segebobo:

Chairman, lithosphere is land ó
abeg allow am drink water drop cup o
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by DeBoyNewton: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oluolad86:

Use ajino-moto and Pepsi; mix it together.
Works like magic, I'm talking from experience and it was prescribed to me by a nurse after using blood tonic.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by AuroraB(f): 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
saphiere:

Thanks
You quoted him for effects undecided
Did you have to grin
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Moye04(m): 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nice one! Please who is also experiencing a non functional WhatsApp? Abi na only me? My WhatsApp no work again ooo
Re: My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) by Oluolad86(f): 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
Eecho:
Try Eggovin . Very effective . You can get it in pharmacies around you .

Thanks so much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Expresses Displeasure After He Was Banned From A Gym In Uk(Video) / Lagos-Bound Train From Ogun Hits Truck (photo) / My Experience With "God Bless Ezenwata Motors"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.