Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring (75399 Views)

Home Of Wedding Proposal Rings / Marihanacraft.com | Ankara Bag, Shoe, Bracelet, Earring E.t.c / 18 Karats Gold Full Set (neckchain, Earring, Ring And Bangle) For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Thereishel: 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
Kingosytex:
A Nigerian man identified as Opeyemi, has narrated how a Baptist church asked him to take off his earring while he was on a groomsman duty in the church.

According to Opeyemi, he left and waited for his friend who fully backed his decision at the wedding reception and there is a mixed reactions about his decision as many wondered why he could not just take them off for a few hours.

Opeyemi, narrating the encounter, he said that he was at a Baptist church in Lagos as one of the groomsmen for his friend’s wedding when he was asked to pull off his earrings, adding that he left the service immediately for the reception as he would never follow such dogma.

He, therefore, used the opportunity to lambaste Nigerians version of Christianity. When people told him that he ought to have honoured his friend and acted accordingly, he said his friend was in full support of him.

https://m./974335622741759/permalink/1962791210562857/

It's satanic, shameful, and demonic for a man to be wearing earring. The church is a holy place and God have to be regarded and respected.

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by GboyegaD(m): 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
kristonium:
Why not remove it just for the sake of the person you came to honour?

You just disrespected your friend with this inane arrogant behavior!

Do you know if there was a discussion around this before now?
Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Pinkyposh(f): 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
Jackbaur88:
The Reverend was not wrong, but the manner of approach was inappropriate
But did you see the manner of approach or you are counting on what the man has explained.
That's one side of the story, we haven't heard that of the pastor
IMO, we should act like the Romans while in Rome

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by xeju: 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
Kingosytex:
A Nigerian man identified as Opeyemi, has narrated how a Baptist church asked him to take off his earring while he was on a groomsman duty in the church.

According to Opeyemi, he left and waited for his friend who fully backed his decision at the wedding reception and there is a mixed reactions about his decision as many wondered why he could not just take them off for a few hours.

Opeyemi, narrating the encounter, he said that he was at a Baptist church in Lagos as one of the groomsmen for his friend’s wedding when he was asked to pull off his earrings, adding that he left the service immediately for the reception as he would never follow such dogma.

He, therefore, used the opportunity to lambaste Nigerians version of Christianity. When people told him that he ought to have honoured his friend and acted accordingly, he said his friend was in full support of him.

Shows the confusion in Christianity yet under one body and spirit. European church have their own, African churches have own, even in Africa you thousands of doctrines yet inspired by one spirit. Is that not a spirit of confusion ni

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Emmanuel909090: 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
Kingosytex:

Quote me, he is a foolish and a proud friend.
He should cut his ego.

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Karlirk: 1:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
That guy is stupid. If I were the pastor, I would have asked all of them to go home. That's a very bad omen for the marriage they were about to go into.

Keeping folks who cannot go the extra miles to stand by your side is really unfortunate.

Just do that for your friend. It was his day for Goodness sake.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by wisemaster(m): 1:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
pride kills in a subtle way...little here, little there..

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by udemzyudex(m): 1:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
emmabest2000:
The niggar just went there for wedding and nothing more

Not una church member

So why him follow go church in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
Alfamann:
If he was white, will the reverend ask him to do that?

Will a white man wear earing to the church. He will respect the rules

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by derecho(m): 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
Imagine him "lambasting" what he doesn't understand.
Everyone forming nonsense.
The friend who chose him as bestman got him into the mess.
What does he mean by wearing earrings to the Church? To show that he can do whatever he likes?

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Navalsadiq(m): 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
Rightiousness I haven't seen your comment.

The floor is yours
Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by lexy2014: 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
jaeyking:
Well you disrespected that friend who invited you to the wedding.
And to the friend that supported him is very stupid.

That's the least I can say.

I respect everyone's opinion about life but

Sometimes we show ego and pride for the wrong reasons.

I guess that Person wasn't really your friend, probably just an associate

Oga, na your wedding? U acknowledged that d groom supported his best man yet u take matter serious pass software programming

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by SexytorresE(f): 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
GOFRONT:
Hmmm.....@King

Truely, Religion is the opium of the people of africa..

Btw, what's with male folks wearing earrings even on both ears and then proceed to dreadlock their hair Hanty Anita??

Some even patronize wools and Lush just to keep the dreadlocks. ...

Well, I hope these guys wont run away when God would want to create Menstruation period as a part of their body system since they all want to act like Woman these days.. shocked shockedshocked
u was making sense untill u added "why a male folks wears earrings" smh

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Michealwiz23: 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
In USA most of the Nigeria churches over there will never tell you to remove ur earring
It’s part of lifestyle... even some pastors are having tattoos on there body in Canada I mean black pastors
should they cut that part away ?
In Nigeria some churches accept earrings for woman while some doesn’t accept it
I think it’s just our black mentality
Just try and travel abroad u will see things
Trust me

2 Likes

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Nyanabo(m): 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
If it were to be a church that pull off their shoes before going into the church no matter how expensive it is wouldn't he have removed it?

All these clout chasers. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Bigchristo: 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
jaeyking:
Well you disrespected that friend who invited you to the wedding.
And to the friend that supported him is very stupid.

That's the least I can say.

I respect everyone's opinion about life but

Sometimes we show ego and pride for the wrong reasons.

I guess that Person wasn't really your friend, probably just an associate
So the earrings is now the problem? Religion has took over our brains in Africa that’s why we have problems we claim to be civilized and know more than the westerners who brought this religion to us.

2 Likes

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by kiddkash(m): 1:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ammishaddai:
People love being stupid for the wrong reasons. The place of work this idiot goes may make it mandatory to dress with a tie and a suit ,but the mumu never considered that dogmatic. But when it comes to respecting the doctrines of a church, he quickly refers to it as dogma. Nonsense
exactly. Jeremiah 4:30
Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Bahamas95(m): 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
Religion is a big problem in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by kiddkash(m): 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
xpressionx:
Well people take Christianity anyhow because they know God is a merciful God.
Try this shit in a mosque in Kano.
Na for nairaland we for dey type your RIP
exactly. Jeremiah 4:30

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by CUMIN: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
He should just have obeyed for main day.

He should give to Caesar what belongs to ceaser.
Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by kiddkash(m): 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
BassReeves:
Mark 7:15
'there is nothing outside a man [such as food, earrings etc] which by going into him,
or on him can defile him [morally or spiritually];
but the things which come out of [the heart of] a man are what defile and dishonor him.
'

On the contrary, as I beg to differ and propose that true and pure religion, which has no flaws or fault and such that God approves us is not opium of anyone talkless people of Africa, its false religion, bigotry, hypocrisy and the Pharisaical spirit thats the opium of people, the sheepole most especially

Conflict of interest. His principle won the day

No, not all he never, because he said his friend was in full support of him
Jeremiah 4:30
Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Kobicove(m): 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
Would he wear that nonsense when going for a job interview?

2 Likes

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by bizzibodi(m): 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
The reverend is wrong why did he not tell d females to remove their eatings..... culture is changing....did Jesus,Paul,Peter,James,Mathew & others wore suits & ties?

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Alicia1(f): 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by derecho(m): 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
xeju:

Shows the confusion in Christianity yet under one body and spirit. European church have their own, African churches have own, even in Africa you thousands of doctrines yet inspired by one spirit. Is that not a spirit of confusion ni
There's nothing like European ,American or African Christianity.
You are not a Christian because you go to Church but because you imitate Christ.
The Bible talks about selfsame spirit...This is what leads all children of God.
It all begins when you become born again ( converted).
Anyone can claim to be born again But their fruit will tell.

2 Likes

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Nyanabo(m): 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
Michealwiz23:
In USA most of the Nigeria churches over there will never tell you to remove ur earring
It’s part of lifestyle... even some pastors are having tattoos on there body in Canada I mean black pastors
Trust me

I don't think this is about 'black mentality' The issue here is lack of respect and oversized ego. When you go to a place you respect there rules there.

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by writeprof(m): 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ammishaddai:
People love being stupid for the wrong reasons. The place of work this idiot goes may make it mandatory to dress with a tie and a suit ,but the mumu never considered that dogmatic. But when it comes to respecting the doctrines of a church, he quickly refers to it as dogma. Nonsense

God bless you. It's sad that people especially those who call themselves Christians want the church to accept and accommodate whatever (mis) behaviour and wrong mindset they want to bring to the church without query. I hope his parents would clap for him for wearing earrings...nonsense! The Reverend was wrong to apologise to him!

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Liverpoolfc(m): 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
Try it with The Apostolic Church, they will walk you out and heaven will not fall. I have great respect for the following churches.
1 The Apostolic Church
2. Assemblies of God Church
3. RCCG
4 Baptist.
Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Scavvy: 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
adajoe555:

I just wonder, can he dress shabby to his work place, all these just to trend.
guess the church is also paying his salary...

2 Likes

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Kobicove(m): 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2021
Michealwiz23:
Trust me

So, will you accept a gay pastor just because they are accepted in the US? undecided

1 Like

Re: Groomsman Walks Out Of Wedding As Baptist Church Tells Him To Remove His Earring by Semaj77(m): 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2021
SocialJustice:
Emancipate yourself bro, you only have one life, do not allow others live it for you.

The church has its rule like many organisations , it is their space and not his space , if the church doesn't want it then he should abide by it or gtfo. Nobody is saying he shouldn't wear his earrings in his house or wherever it's accepted but calling out the church for not letting him wear his earrings in the premises of the church is just stupidity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies Do You Respect These Kind Of Men?(pics) / Fashion Designers Enquiry? Who Knows The Best Of The Best?/ / Beautiful Bride Rocks Cleavage-Baring Wedding Dress & Her Photos Are Trending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.