Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Agriculture In Nigeria Is Risky Business. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agriculture In Nigeria Is Risky Business. (252 Views)

My Life Threatening Risky Behind The Scenes Experience In My Agro Business / Simple Farm Tools To Develop Agriculture In Nigeria / 6000 Direct Jobs To Be Created Through Agriculture In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Agriculture In Nigeria Is Risky Business. by Melvis100(m): 11:42pm On Oct 04, 2021
As a Soil Chemist and expert. I was invited to a farm by one of my friend to give professional advice, sometimes last year. Upon reaching there, just for my friend to show me what this fulani herdsmen did to his planting suckers quantified at over 20,000 suckers in a land expance of over 90 acres in Ogun state. Worst still, the land was connected to offer irrigation using pvc pipes across the farm.
So, this fulani guys lit wide fires across the farm neighbourhood in a bid to have a regenerated fresh grasses for their cows and the fire went into my friends farm and caused serious damages on the plantain and pipes. What a loss!! We reported the matter to police and all they were saying was Eyaah Eyaah... And still collected money for boys from my friend.... My I now resolved to be doing only consultancy for the strong hearted.... I can't coman kill myself..

(1) (Reply)

Stone Free Ofada Rice At Sango Ota, Ogun / Why It Is Important You Re-visit Soybeans Farming / Sesame Seed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.