Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? (20108 Views)

Save Time, Money & Sweat Buying Or Selling Cars And Properties / How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria / Join The Fastest Growing Car Dealers Group On Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by Joshkid(m): 7:26am On Oct 06, 2021
TPound:

For someone to pay over 50% and asked that I follow him to collect the balance, it will be a waste of time to follow him, collect the balance, come back to the office to bring the documents and take it back to him
I guess you never sabi 9ja before, I believe you don sabi now, collect your last penny before handing over any of the vehicle documents next time!

6 Likes

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by olabright31: 7:26am On Oct 06, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Import your car yourself for stories like this. I cannot buy a car used for kidnapping or robbery and I will be arrested. This is the main reason I cannot buy car in Nigeria. No matter how expensive it is to import a used car, that the route I will always take.

If you buy from a reputable car stand, which is registered and incorporated, then you dont hbe any fear to entertain because if there is any issue, you can always go back there

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by 1x2x3: 7:28am On Oct 06, 2021
Diipii:
To buy car dey fear me ooo

Buy keke then

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by Jefferyhi86(m): 7:29am On Oct 06, 2021
Like seriously pple wicked reach this extent, mehh dis format d guy use is like Gods must be crazy grin
I know some dubious nairalander will use this trick but God go really punish you if u try it.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by adonainana: 7:31am On Oct 06, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
How bout you tell us about all the times you've sold bad cars and accidented cars as tokunbo.

Tokunbo means foreign used cars that have come from ashore, some can have a faulty engines some are accidented but later repaired. So far it has a car has not been used in Nigeria before it is a tokunbo car

It cant be his fault for selling bad cars or accidented cars

12 Likes

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by Berezuski: 7:36am On Oct 06, 2021
You were too over excited!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by ozo13(m): 7:37am On Oct 06, 2021
sunnymighty:

Did you used the name on the receipt to check his account on social media? Did he pay cash or through transfer, I believe he can still be tracked.
i believe it can be track too.
Even to the point of vin number cos it will be need for some paper renewal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by meekparagon(m): 7:40am On Oct 06, 2021
My own happens last week, there was this particular dealer who posted his car here in nairaland for sale, so it happened that I have a buyer for the vehicle, I call him and we agreed that he would settle me from the 100k that he tops on the deal.

Not knowing that the owner of the vehicle gave him the vehicle to sale for 1.2m, this guy told me that the owner needs 1.6 +100k for sellers that's 1.7M.

I have to contact my buyer all the way from oyo to buy the vehicle.

After seeing the vehicle, he later paid 1.710m to the guy acc.

This guy gave the owner of the car 1m.
Claiming that his pastor brother that paid for the vehicle, since the owner is also a pastor. He accepted the money 1m.

This guy took 710k to his pocket.

Few hours later, he call me that my buyer has paid for the vehicle ooo that I s forward him my account number. Immediately I forward this guy my account details. This guy blocked all my contacts including in whatsapp where we negotiate every.

I was like going mad.

I have to call him with another number, this was asking me, (guy are you the one that sold the car, what was your efforts, you only help me in br buyer and nothing else. So please stop bothering me) I was shock seeing such write up from human being.

Please how can I track this guy, he just posted another vehicle for sale on his page.
If you can help me out. Contact me with 08170505328

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by Corporate2020: 7:42am On Oct 06, 2021
Car dealers or Yahoo boys?

5 Likes

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by IdJack(m): 7:43am On Oct 06, 2021
So sad.

In this country we need to me more wise.

I am Learning everyday.

Kindly Check my Signature for your Business Updates and Make money tips

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by enyiinne(m): 7:45am On Oct 06, 2021
people are wicked, must he defraud prople just to get a car.

it has not been easy surviving. please.

1 Like

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by skj1377(m): 7:46am On Oct 06, 2021
I sold goods worth N1.7million to a customer that said he will pay N2.7million and that he will provide another account to refund balance of N1million. Next thing he came with a truck by 1pm and wanted to leave by 5pm without any transfer or cash payment. I refused to allow him go so by 6.30pm he asked me to come pick up the cash. Maybe he thought I will take the cash home, I picked up the cash drove to my friends bank and kept the money in their care. I wonder what game the man was trying to play.
TPound:

For someone to pay over 50% and asked that I follow him to collect the balance, it will be a waste of time to follow him, collect the balance, come back to the office to bring the documents and take it back to him

3 Likes

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by skywalker240(m): 7:47am On Oct 06, 2021
Homeboiy:
You claim you sell cheap cars

Na wetin attract the man and the car no one cheap

He pay as e cheap reach
grin

Country hard grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by Giltexo: 7:51am On Oct 06, 2021
Such a person must have planned everything before he embarked on such act ..he can never use his true identity. Damn

1 Like

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by skywalker240(m): 7:51am On Oct 06, 2021
meekparagon:
My own happens last week, there was this particular dealer who posted his car here in nairaland for sale, so it happened that I have a buyer for the vehicle, I call him and we agreed that he would settle me from the 100k that he tops on the deal.

Not knowing that the owner of the vehicle gave him the vehicle to sale for 1.2m, this guy told me that the owner needs 1.6 +100k for sellers that's 1.7M.

Claiming that his pastor brother that paid for the vehicle, since the owner is also a pastor. He accepted the money 1m.

Few hours later, he call me that my buyer has paid for the vehicle ooo that I s forward him my account number. Immediately I forward this guy my account details. This guy blocked all my contacts including in whatsapp where we negotiate every.

I was like going mad.

I have to call him with another number, this was asking me, (guy are you the one that sold the car, what was your efforts, you only help me in br buyer and nothing else. So please stop bothering me) I was shock seeing such write up from human being.

Please how can I track this guy, he just posted another vehicle for sale on his page.
What the moniker

9 Likes

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by freemi(m): 7:52am On Oct 06, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Import your car yourself for stories like this. I cannot buy a car used for kidnapping or robbery and I will be arrested. This is the main reason I cannot buy car in Nigeria. No matter how expensive it is to import a used car, that the route I will always take.
what route do u use. Pls show me

1 Like

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by omonighoblessing(f): 7:52am On Oct 06, 2021
DeHorus:
Where are you located, Sir? I can get you buyers for a fixed percentage. I just need to snap your cars or have pictures of them
I can give u cars. I am located in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by Gandollaar(f): 7:53am On Oct 06, 2021
TPound:

True.
But regretfully, that's the right thing to do, even if a dime was involved.

Sorry for your loss bro.

2 Likes

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by skj1377(m): 7:54am On Oct 06, 2021
Tell him to forget about the past And that you have another buyer. Let someone call him and pose as buyer. Tell him to pay 50% of your commission in advance. Once he pays block him at least you have recovered half .
meekparagon:

I was like going mad.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by Crazeworld(m): 7:54am On Oct 06, 2021
meekparagon:

I was like going mad.

The lack of conscience is the height of inhumanity.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by Born2conquer: 7:55am On Oct 06, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

How do you import yourself

2 Likes

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by ozo13(m): 7:57am On Oct 06, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
How bout you tell us about all the times you've sold bad cars and accidented cars as tokunbo.
na so one wan sell accidented car to me as tokunbo.i check the papers pasted on the car.under condition: i saw collision.i was kinda confused
Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by Solatium(m): 7:58am On Oct 06, 2021
symbianDON:
he can hardly be tracked Sir. Such criminals don't use their true identities for transactions and I can bet you; he must have sold the car to recoup the CASH payment he made plus extra profits. Such a sad experience @TPound

To start with,you don't sound like a real business man to me to more of a car dealer,you sold a vehicle whose value you haven't been paid fully and you issued a receipt,gave the original documents and even released the vehicle.

secondly
If you are ready to spend a little cash you would have retrieve that car,the VIN nbere is all you needed to track the registration details and with the help of police you would have picked whoever is the owner up and if he had sold it,he would have been picked.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by Solatium(m): 8:01am On Oct 06, 2021
meekparagon:

I was like going mad.

What sort of questions is this,get someone to pretend as a buyer for the new car posted,arrange meeting and hold him

12 Likes

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by Alphafeezay(m): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2021
Someone gave me.a car to sell, infiniti QX56 2011 model, I parked it at a car stand and before you know it the guy I gave at Car stand had an accident with it.... fixing it its over 1m, this has cost me a broken relationship with my partner.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by Gandollaar(f): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2021
penearth:
I ventured it for three weeks but ran away due to no experience in how to get customer patronage.
Car dealing is not a bed of roses.

You see car dealers most times looking fly, and you'd think their lives are a joy forever. But if they tell you how difficult it is to make a sale with a decent profit, you'd be worried.

Before anyone buys a car, he already knows the general price of the car.

He will Google prices, ask his colleagues, ask his family, asks his friends and even his enemies alike.

You can only make a decent profit when you sell a very luxury car that's scarce.

To get clients, after you make it online, you should socialize alot too. Telling prospective buyers about your business, whether male or female. Only a funnel filled with prospective buyers can guarantee you regular sales.

Someone once made me buy a utility vehicle when we encountered ourselves, driving through a deep flood in my estate.

He yelled, madam you need a Jeep for this road. Come and trade in your car with us. And I followed up.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by RedAlert08(m): 8:05am On Oct 06, 2021
DeHorus:
Where are you located, Sir? I can get you buyers for a fixed percentage. I just need to snap your cars or have pictures of them

WhatsApp me pls. I need to sell a Honda Pilot 2005 model. Location is ibadan. 0 8 0 3 6 9 2 8 2 6 6
Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by MARKone(m): 8:06am On Oct 06, 2021
meekparagon:

I was like going mad.

You are here asking questions, what is the guys moniker here in Nairaland. That is where you should start first. Post his name and the WhatsApp chats with him. These guys are greedy, mehn I can't.

17 Likes

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by Muzikluva(m): 8:07am On Oct 06, 2021
meekparagon:

I was like going mad.

Set him up with another person as a potential buyer, go with one or two other guys to meet him personally! I hate dealers like this, they give us a bad name! He is just too greedy! If you can contact the owner of the car too, let him know he was cheated!

12 Likes

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by Gandollaar(f): 8:09am On Oct 06, 2021
meekparagon:

I was like going mad.

See question? Ewu!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? by m140(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2021
Ikpunwanyianamb:

Or you don't have the money cheesy , which one be to buy car de fear , see poor person and stupid talk grin
Must you always call people poor... why ?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Toyota Highlander 2005 For Sale / Boeing 747 For Sale / Symptoms Of Bad ECU Aka Brainbox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.