Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Should I Euthanize My Dad? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should I Euthanize My Dad? (41950 Views)

Help - My Dad Just Had A Stroke / Help My Dad Has Severe Stomach Pains / I'm In An Extreme End, Im Losing My Dad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by DukeNija(m): 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2021
You want to murder your dad? Do you know that humans retain the agility of their mind despite the frailty of the body. That man is alive! Don’t murder him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by amuwo1980: 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2021
Seek counseling for all including ur mum, forget about euthanasia,( I wrote a post graduate paper on it ) it will only wear u out and even leading to suicidal tots on ur own part in a short while .

2 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by twilliamx(m): 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2021
God bless you for all you have done....May he make life easier for u

5 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by merits(m): 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2021
God will help you out,just pray deeply and you shall see the way out in no time.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2021
Richy4:
why can't you open up to your lecturers instead of devising a means to eliminate your own Father... I believe you got smart phones.. take couple of pictures and show them with tears in your eyes...

What are you trying to prove to your lecturers?... Why are you bottling things up? ... Are you trying to prove to them by acting tough in their presence that all is well with you when clearly all isn't...No matter how sadist they are, even the devil got soft spots...Assuming your school has students advisors, This situation is enough to granted you a study leave because you can't concentrate.... Please tell your lecturers the situation of things....

You are clearly passing through a traumatic situation at the moment but u have to try your best to leave your dad out of it until his maker calls him...Can you be able to leave with it that you killed your own father for the rest of your life? besides, you have no right whatsoever to take a life u did not make..... he did not kill you when u were a toddler..No matter what you call it, Mercy killing, or kind killing, killing is killing....Thou shall not Kill angry

His experience with the lecturers is now in the past. He's a graduate engineer already

11 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Toks2008(m): 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:
It has been 12years now since my dad has been down with Stroke which has affected his speech,his right hand and leg and some 4years ago,he couldn't walk anymore but had to be carried to sleep,sit and all physical metabolism is done where he is,even after I and my mum have spent and still spends a lot on physiotherapy,speech therapy,brain checkups at Mecure oshodi,routine and forthnight high blood pressure checkups with expensive drugs and still no changes but it gets worse,all done going around in taxi as I have no car.....

I was 18 and in 200level in a federal uni with him and my mum my only support system when all of this started,couldn't concentrate and focus on school work anymore as I am the firstborn of a 7 boys family and my attention was always needed.....Mum told me I need to drop out that she can't afford all of this alone but I was strong hearted and determined to graduate with a B.Eng...

I had issues with my lecturers as my attendance were poor and my course adviser said it to my face that I would never graduate but I never told them about my travails or they wouldn't even believe me anyways cos they were mostly SADIST,All Engineering lecturers in Uniben especially Mechanical/PRODUCTION ENGINEERING from 08/09 upward,OGUN KILL ALL OF UNA!!! Life was tough for me and my Mum....

Now that I am a Man and supposed to be focus on my life future and raising a family but this is still taking a toll on me emotionally,financially,mentally and I will come home to my mum nagging,crying that she has tried enough over the years and i might come home one day and she has left ....THIS BREAKS ME,I AM TIRED,I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....I LOVE MY DAD,HE IS IN PAINS TOO!!!

IF I COULD SEE THE FUTURE BACK THEN WHEN IT STARTED,I WOULD HAVE ASKED THE DOCTORS FOR MERCY DEATH,DO NIGERIAN DOCTORS OR HOSPITALS GIVE OUT MERCY DEATH TO PATIENTS?

NAIRALANDERS,I AM DEPRESSED AND I NEED YOUR ADVICE

sorry for the long post. Mods please help this thread to front page for more advice

In all these posts you did not tell us his age or did I miss it?
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Eriokanmi: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
Can you pray? All I've read was about drugs, mecure and all that. Have you ever thought of involving the maker and creator of life who can reverse the irreversible in this case? Not all bad health conditions are natural. Some are attacks , aimed at rendering you penniless by enemies. Kindly put it into prayers and you'd testify. I can understand your plight.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Mgtow8: 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2021
There is nothing like generation curse you fool
sirjoggy:
Please don't try it bro, it can create a generation curse

10 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2021
sirjoggy:
Please don't try it bro, it can create a generation curse
seriously?

Are guys OK in Nigeria?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Goldiness: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:
It has been 12years now since my dad has been down with Stroke which has affected his speech,his right hand and leg and some 4years ago,he couldn't walk anymore but had to be carried to sleep,sit and all physical metabolism is done where he is,even after I and my mum have spent and still spends a lot on physiotherapy,speech therapy,brain checkups at Mecure oshodi,routine and forthnight high blood pressure checkups with expensive drugs and still no changes but it gets worse,all done going around in taxi as I have no car.....

I was 18 and in 200level in a federal uni with him and my mum my only support system when all of this started,couldn't concentrate and focus on school work anymore as I am the firstborn of a 7 boys family and my attention was always needed.....Mum told me I need to drop out that she can't afford all of this alone but I was strong hearted and determined to graduate with a B.Eng...

I had issues with my lecturers as my attendance were poor and my course adviser said it to my face that I would never graduate but I never told them about my travails or they wouldn't even believe me anyways cos they were mostly SADIST,All Engineering lecturers in Uniben especially Mechanical/PRODUCTION ENGINEERING from 08/09 upward,OGUN KILL ALL OF UNA!!! Life was tough for me and my Mum....

Now that I am a Man and supposed to be focus on my life future and raising a family but this is still taking a toll on me emotionally,financially,mentally and I will come home to my mum nagging,crying that she has tried enough over the years and i might come home one day and she has left ....THIS BREAKS ME,I AM TIRED,I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....I LOVE MY DAD,HE IS IN PAINS TOO!!!

IF I COULD SEE THE FUTURE BACK THEN WHEN IT STARTED,I WOULD HAVE ASKED THE DOCTORS FOR MERCY DEATH,DO NIGERIAN DOCTORS OR HOSPITALS GIVE OUT MERCY DEATH TO PATIENTS?

sorry for the long post. Mods please help this thread to front page for more advice

You better not try that ooh, or else you will face God's judgement and curse. Your father has not requested such, so don't even think of it in your heart. Continue to pray for God's mercy in his life and your family. Encourage your mother and you and your brothers should gather together and help your family one way or the other. May God see you all through these trying times. sad

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by tonysunkan: 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2021
H
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Odichi(f): 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2021
I have been there. My Dad suffered stroke for 5 years . Throughout my uni years I barely concentrate on my studies.it was tough and i was the major care giver to him. But all the same, pls allow you Dad to pass when it's his time. All that you ve lost because of his ill health, will come in thousand folds back to you. You will have your peace at last. May God help us all.

15 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by ChasinGood(m): 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2021
This feels more like the case of Jean Pierre Adams who was in a helpless situation (coma) for years. If only the family had ended his suffering earlier it would have saved lots of expenses and all that. Man, you'll have to speak to your family. It's gon hurt no doubt but I feel your dad would have wanted same. From your story,It's not easy paying huge medical bills and in the process you deprive the other generation(younger ones) of basic life stuff. Sorry bout your ordeal,man. Stay strong pls
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Fidelismaria: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2021
what is he still living for? The truth is your dad is beyond cure, show him mercy and euthanize him but he has to consent.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Kellie069(m): 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2021
My brother , na only you and your family know the pain way una de pass through since all this thing start!! Of course e no de easy at all!! I no fit tell you what to do, but I pray God brings his divine peace upon your household! Na only God de fit help for situation like this !!!!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by ModelLook(m): 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
Please try and get PhytoScience Stem Cell Therapy immediately. You won't regret it. You can also DM for more Enquires on administration.

We have used it to treat far worse Stroke cases than your dad's and they are fine today. He will be on it for a minimum of 90 days (worse case 180 days) and I can assure you that he will be fine. You will start seeing small small changes and before you know it, you all will see full recovery and you shall come here and testify.

You will thank me later.

I hate reading hopeless stories like this. I can imagine how much you all have spent on drugs, medications and hospital visits.

When there is life, there is hope.

What people don't know is that Stroke is from the BRAIN. When you tackle it directly from the Brain, you start seeing a Cure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by CrownOfClay724: 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
Even the papa go wan give up by now.

Follow your mind.
Anything you do, you try.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by PaulSilas: 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:

Take him to Winners Ota [Living Faith Church Worldwide], your family is trying their best but that is far from being enough.

Give God a chance to prove himself. Take him there. I strongly believe he would receive his healing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Durhleepee(f): 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
This is really sad cry

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by IgweBUIKE1(m): 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
So painfull.but don't do it ...religion or no religion..generation cause is real...this is what kept most of us back..and that's why religion has taken black gene

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Goldiness: 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2021
SportsHD:
Euthanzing is the correct word here. I swear if he could talk to you, he would tell you to go ahead. He is in pains, seeing y'all going through all that to take care of him is making him sad also. He just can't tell y'all. Hospitals does euthanization, you just have to talk to your mom and brothers about it. It's not a decision you can take alonew, except you have a heart like mine. The hospital would make it faster and easier. I think they'll put him to sleep first, then inject something that'll stop his heart. Thereby, he wouldn't even feel anything.
Please update us on how it goes.

You are mad, and sick in the head for conceiving such in your head and advising the OP about it. Look at how you carefully planned it out and still wait for feed back, how funny, what a world of wickedness. See you better change your mindset, pray not to be very sick one day, may be you will tell them to do the same for you. Let God's will be done in the father's life, it's not for anyone to decide, I tell you. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Joshmilla(m): 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2021
Like seriously brother I can help you out this thing can be cure I swear
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by IkemChris(m): 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2021
There is a big need to talk to God about him... Don't kill what you didn't create... His creator has destined him for glory... What God cannot do, does not exist

2 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by sammirano: 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
Man.that right is reserved exclusively for your dad to request. Doing it for him, simply means you are taking a life. I understand its super though, but trust me, it will have an ending. Stay strong and always remember to Thank GOD.

1 Like

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by OceanEye: 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
Nature ensures you have deserved experience that makes you grow, physically, emotionally and spiritually. So please don't stop nature, let nature determines when it ends.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by TheWolfen(m): 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2021
This why I say firstborn child goes through a lot. Nah only God dey for dem.

Pls DONT kill your dad but employ the services of a caregiver since your mom is tired too... So y'all can work and check up on him and pay the caregiver for his/her service. Just hold on

2 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by Fidelismaria: 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2021
SportsHD:
Euthanzing is the correct word here. I swear if he could talk to you, he would tell you to go ahead. He is in pains, seeing y'all going through all that to take care of him is making him sad also. He just can't tell y'all. Hospitals does euthanization, you just have to talk to your mom and brothers about it. It's not a decision you can take alonew, except you have a heart like mine. The hospital would make it faster and easier. I think they'll put him to sleep first, then inject something that'll stop his heart. Thereby, he wouldn't even feel anything.
Please update us on how it goes.

boss!!! i swear you are the only person with sense on this thread, you get it.

The truth is his father will never get better and will continue to be a financial burden on Op, its better they put him to rest.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by SirLakes: 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2021
amuwo1980:
Seek counseling for all including ur mum, forget about euthanasia,( I wrote a post graduate paper on it ) it will only wear u out and even leading to suicidal tots on ur own part in a short while .

I go like read the paper ooo.. where can I find it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by fof1: 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2021
Omorotionmwann:

PLS BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO KILL UR DAD...ALLOW GOD TO TERMINATE HIS LIFE. U PEOPLE SHOULD BE VERY VERY CAREFUL TO AVOID A CURSE ON UR FAMILY, PLS.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by erubati: 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2021
SportsHD:

Religion is damaging your mentality. The dad has been in that state for 12 years now. I'm sure no one would want that for himself. Not being able to talk or do anything yourself.

Drop all emotional sentiments here, think logically. Imagine the peace of mind he and the mom would have, coupled with the amount they'll save not going back and forth to the hospital.

If it were my family member, lord knows he would have been in the ground by now.
It's better for him to be at peace in heaven than to be suffering here In life.
Would u have begged for that if the reverse was the case.
Re: Should I Euthanize My Dad? by iambabaG: 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
The best thing you can do for him is to put him out of his misery.
Yes you love him,
Yes you don’t want to loose him
But the best thing you can do for him now is to let him go.
So that the rest of you can live a normal life.. Why spend soo much for a situation that has degenerated with time?

Miracles and all those bullcrap will only serve to worsen your financial, mental and physical situation.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Cousin Is Growing Grey Hair At 25, Please Help / COVID-19: NCDC Reports Five New Cases, Total Now 214 / 5 Minute Shaper (body-sculpting Machine)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.