Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? (23636 Views)

Did Obi Actually Pulled This Crowd In Osun? / Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? / Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by HustlePro: 11:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
Mace0lane:
Why do many of your foolish Igbos lie so shamelessly ?! It was clearly written in the paper when started Next mall using his olosho daughter name Gabriella which coincide with when he was the sitting governor of Anambra state. If this fool is not a criminal pls explain why he was not able to build himself a mall using his mother or whatever name he desire before becoming a governor n why as he no built another mall since he left the state house. Use your head when replying n not reply out of bigotry cos na plank I go plank your head if you reply like a fool.

Hope you have seen another thread that clearly pointed out he did nothing wrong? Search front page and you will find it.

I don't expect you to agree though, since some of you dislike Obi for reasons best known to you.

But note this, he does not need government money to feed himself.
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by Mace0lane: 2:20am On Oct 07, 2021
And you have not seen the one telling that is nonsense ? If your household is not cursed someone can tells you a saint "naija politician" went oversea, open account in his daughter name n deposited billions and you believe such a daredevil fool should not be stoned to death ?

How much does Peter Obi have compare to the like of Dangote Otedola Adenuga n many others he de go stash money abroad ? Is Peter Obi among the richest 100,000 in Nigeria even with all he looted from Anambra abi thunder wan strike you dead.

HustlePro:

Hope you have seen another thread that clearly pointed out he did nothing wrong? Search front page and you will find it.

I don't expect you to agree though, since some of you dislike Obi for reasons best known to you.

But note this, he does not need government money to feed himself.
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by Tzar(m): 3:09am On Oct 07, 2021
You just demonstrated the typical Nigerian escapist reaction to obvious issues. You ignored the facts (Obi mouthed the demand for transparency & accountability while he did not demonstrate same in his dealing as a governor or intending VP). Instead, you hid behind your biases by saying the facts are BS & -ve narratives?!
What you have done is similar to bigots supporting the failure in buhari just because of their biases. So regardless of the facts before them, they will never hold buhari accountable. But until we speak truth to power, that country is going nowhere!

Foolishbuhari:

You are still talking bullshit and I won’t let you push negative narratives. Neither will I accept to join you scream Wolf when there’s none
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by HustlePro: 6:41am On Oct 07, 2021
Mace0lane:
And you have not seen the one telling that is nonsense ? If your household is not cursed someone can tells you a saint "naija politician" went oversea, open account in his daughter name n deposited billions and you believe such a daredevil fool should not be stoned to death ?

How much does Peter Obi have compare to the like of Dangote Otedola Adenuga n many others he de go stash money abroad ? Is Peter Obi among the richest 100,000 in Nigeria even with all he looted from Anambra abi thunder wan strike you dead.

He did nothing wrong. It is very legal to do what he did and bros, it's not a crime.

If you want, I can show where to have one done for you if you have the money to maintain such account.

The problem with you Nigerians is that you have clashes of education but you think you are intelligent.

Opening bank account overseas is very legal as long as it is not used for money laundering, which the Premium Time idiot like you hasn't been able to establish that it was used for money laundering.

I know 20 something year old Nigerian that has a bank and business name registered in his name outside Nigeria.

Using criminal adjectives in your responses on this issue will not make what you have in mind TRUE. Know this reality and know peace.

Again, if e pain you too much, huh a transformer.
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by HustlePro: 6:51am On Oct 07, 2021
Tzar:
You just demonstrated the typical Nigerian escapist reaction to obvious issues. You ignored the facts (Obi mouthed the demand for transparency & accountability while he did not demonstrate same in his dealing as a governor or intending VP). Instead, you hid behind your biases by saying the facts are BS & -ve narratives?!
What you have done is similar to bigots supporting the failure in buhari just because of their biases. So regardless of the facts before them, they will never hold buhari accountable. But until we speak truth to power, that country is going nowhere!

I don't understand. Is it that he did not declare any asset or what?

Premium Time told you that it was done 4 months after being a governor, mean while it was already in existence before he became governor and you see nothing wrong in how premium time chose to report this?

Also, Premium Time tried to make it look like it was used for money laundering but failed to proof this as well and you see nothing wrong in all of these?

Using adjectives to narrate the story yet couldn't post proof of same?

Premium Time can only fool the average Nigerian.

Also this account we are talking about is his personal wealth, not one gotten from government. He made the money outside...

Another thing many of you don't know is that Obi is behind some of the breweries in Nigeria and biggest wine business. There is one opened opened in Oyo or Ogun in 2019 or so, he is part of the team that made it happen.

The man knows how to make money whether you accept this or not, but just like Seyi Makinde.

Okay, show me where the account was used for illegality or money laundering.
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by SIRTee15: 7:02am On Oct 07, 2021
Tdoctor:
The way tribal abuse goes on in nairaland, you begin to wonder if there is hope. When Peter Obi is questioned, Igbos rush out with brickbats to defend him. If Tinubu is mentioned, torrents of abuse rain from the Yorubas. If Buhari or Dangote is mentioned, the Fulani/Hausa flood the space with insults. Yet nothing is changing.

Yoots of today. Hypocrites of tomorrow Mtschew

Ironically, if u say let's go our different ways, some we say no...we are better as one.
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by Nazareth10: 7:41am On Oct 07, 2021
0m0nnakoda:
Based on what? Another delusion

Igbos are suffering

We saw them at the burial of Cubana's mother. We see them queueing for kerosene and we see them when IPOB destroy their wares

Yes like all Nigerians they are suffering and they are the highest internal refugees in Nigeria

Keep consoling yourself with resentment of the Igbos. You may want to use your Google search to get accurate information or you can read up scholarly articles on poverty in Nigeria. Don't come here and make baseless claims. Well that's the advantage of social media, anyone can come here and post claims as they wish.
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by 0m0nnakoda: 7:46am On Oct 07, 2021
Nazareth10:

Keep consoling yourself with resentment of the Igbos. You may want to use your Google search to get accurate information or you can read up scholarly articles on poverty in Nigeria. Don't come here and make baseless claims. Well that's the advantage of social media, anyone can come here and post claims as they wish.
Who is the one making claims?Are you literate?

Who is the one claiming Igbos are living a better life than everyone else yet they are the ones rushing to every other region to escape famine and starvation
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by Nazareth10: 8:44am On Oct 07, 2021
0m0nnakoda:
Who is the one making claims?Are you literate?

Who is the one claiming Igbos are living a better life than everyone else yet they are the ones rushing to every other region to escape famine and starvation

Literate boss, use google at least. I won't say more than this. I have other things to do.
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by Tzar(m): 8:57am On Oct 07, 2021
1. The point is that there should be full disclosure in asset declaration. Especially for Peter Obi who hypocritically mouths transparency and good governance. The larger part of his wealth is hidden abroad in havens for financial criminals... should that not be suspicious to you?
2. The Pandoras papers that nailed Obi was released by an International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) and not Premium Times.
3. You say his personal wealth? As early as 1990 Peter Obi was named in a money laundering scandal and secrets monies in these financial havens, but he claimed it was another person bearing the same name as him. My dear, if you believe Peter Obi's or people like Gov Bagudu's wealth is clean, then you must believe father christmas is real too!!
4. Do you think Nigeria should fall into the hands of someone who has perfected the art of stashing money that the source is suspicious in notorious financial havens for criminals worldwide?

HustlePro:

I don't understand. Is it that he did not declare any asset or what?

Premium Time told you that it was done 4 months after being a governor, mean while it was already in existence before he became governor and you see nothing wrong in how premium time chose to report this?

Also, Premium Time tried to make it look like it was used for money laundering but failed to proof this as well and you see nothing wrong in all of these?

Using adjectives to narrate the story yet couldn't post proof of same?

Premium Time can only fool the average Nigerian.

Also this account we are talking about is his personal wealth, not one gotten from government. He made the money outside...

Another thing many of you don't know is that Obi is behind some of the breweries in Nigeria and biggest wine business. There is one opened opened in Oyo or Ogun in 2019 or so, he is part of the team that made it happen.

The man knows how to make money whether you accept this or not, but just like Seyi Makinde.

Okay, show me where the account was used for illegality or money laundering.

Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by HustlePro: 11:06am On Oct 07, 2021
Tzar:
1. The point is that there should be full disclosure in asset declaration. Especially for Peter Obi who hypocritically mouths transparency and good governance. The larger part of his wealth is hidden abroad in havens for financial criminals... should that not be suspicious to you?
2. The Pandoras papers that nailed Obi was released by an International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) and not Premium Times.
3. You say his personal wealth? As early as 1990 Peter Obi was named in a money laundering scandal and secrets monies in these financial havens, but he claimed it was another person bearing the same name as him. My dear, if you believe Peter Obi's or people like Gov Bagudu's wealth is clean, then you must believe father christmas is real too!!
4. Do you think Nigeria should fall into the hands of someone who has perfected the art of stashing money that the source is suspicious in notorious financial havens for criminals worldwide?

I do hope he does not declare his interest in 2023 so that you guys have whatever you want with the country. I do hope no Igboman declares or win so that you all can have whatever you want in this country. That's my take.
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by 0m0nnakoda: 11:30am On Oct 07, 2021
Nazareth10:

Literate boss, use google at least. I won't say more than this. I have other things to do.
Yes Google has videos about how Igbos are living in unimaginable splendor in Aba and Nnewi

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by Tzar(m): 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2021
For the sake of equity and fairness, I strongly believe the SE should produce the next president in 2023. But, given the hard battle Igbos fought to even get their voice heard, the candidate they produce should be a world-class revolutionary, progressive, and result-oriented one. We can't afford to settle for a mediocre, same of same Igbo president of Nigeria. Certainly not a president that knows how to hide and stash money away in shady financial havens.
We will only give the enemies of Igbos (they plenty die) a voice they shouldn't have.

HustlePro:

I do hope he does not declare his interest in 2023 so that you guys have whatever you want with the country. I do hope no Igboman declares or win so that you all can have whatever you want in this country. That's my take.
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by sulaak(m): 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2021
lebete3000:

Listen to me you bastard, go and fvck yourself right through the ass, the same way you were conceived...maybe you might become born again.

Shithead...

Olodo, stop listening to your lover Bobrisky, you can't conceive via same-sex relationships. Stop supporting corrupt politicians, just see what they have turned you into...a dump pervert.
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by ejanla077: 4:45pm On Oct 08, 2021
BlueRayDick:
Most young people wonder why Nigeria is in this terrible state it is, well this is one of the reasons right here.

I mean we all complain why we don't have good leaders, why our leaders keep taking us for granted with impunity ; but then we forget we are the ones who empower and encourage them to do so.

I understand the author of this article claimed he's trying to fact check the Peter Obi's alleged corruption against the law, but what he doesn't know is that he has given an easy way out for the man to wriggle himself out of this mess he presently found himself and has even encouraged more politicians like Peter Obi to do this same thing and get away with it.

Nobody accused Peter Obi of being a thief years after his tenure expired as a governor probably because he had all his flanks covered and even kept on boasting about his clean and impeccable records up till this moment that the Pandora papers actually revealed he's not as clean as he claimed to be. Now a lawyer boldly coming out to start explaining tax law just to prove that the man might have done one or two things to help himself to make some money against the "Mr integrity" picture he was selling to us all ; it just looks somehow.

Later we will all be complaining why People like Tinubu and Odili got perpetual injunction prohibing the authorities from trying them for allegations bothering on financial misappropriation if their hands are actually clean; we will complain why EFCC didn't go after Tinubu after the bullion van episode; we will complain why Orji Uzor Kalu is a free man today walking up and down Nigeria on political visits despite what he did with Abia state's funds through Slok...... What we fail to understand is that people like this author that are smart and young will always be there to offer their "professional views" and claim to be fact checking when in fact they are emboldening future politicians to even do worse Than the present.

Because you are disappointed with the truth. People shouldn't say the truth...

Shut up you are only being led by hatred..
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by ejanla077: 4:48pm On Oct 08, 2021
konkonbilo:
as in ehn.. This rubish can only happen in country like Nigeria. People go to jail in developed countries for his type of offense but since it's Nigeria emotion it's always attached to it and you see people supporting criminals. We still have a long way to go in this country.

Can point the offence you are talking about.

Name the offence Obi committed..

Educated illiterates and sophisticated morrons are the ones running around looking for what to tie Obi wit...
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by ejanla077: 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
Even Innoson who does not have the finances and business education Obi has... His son already own a tube and tyre manufacturing company....
Even ị was set up by my father. So who re those people who want Peter Obi to declare assets in his daughters name
Re: Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? by Decent09(m): 7:01am On Aug 02, 2022
godliman:
All those rejoicing in ignorance are worshippers of Mr fake integrity. They are eager to cast aspersion on the true Mr Integrity who they are bitterly envious of. Peter Obi is too pure to be a Nigerian.

Pure ke, abi He don Scammed you guys finished.
The Pandora Obituary Man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ohaneze Ndigbo Officially Endorses Peter Obi For President / Businessman Arrested Over Online Comments About Emeka Offor / Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.