Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,470 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:57 PM

I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do (32120 Views)

What Helps You Sleep At Night? / Who Else Can't Sleep With The Lights On? / Blood Comes Out Of My Private Part At Night, Please Help!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Angrygoat: 11:28am On Oct 06, 2021
Nawa o
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by PaulSilas: 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Germi9: 10:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
My broda something must kee a man
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:
Good morning happy people of nairaland.

I will try to be brief as possible. During the lock down my elder brother was seriously ill, we all thought it normal malaria and typhoid but getting to the hospital he was diagnosed of kidney diseases at it last stage (CKD). We all brace up and gave him all the support needed during the stage from one dialysis section to another something thrice a week.

It became worse and no improvement at sight, I literally do all thing for him, from bathing to feeding and carry him around the hospital but he faith he will come out of it. During the process he used all of his life saving to the extend of collecting and seeking financial assistance from people because the doctor advice to undergo kidney transplants.

On 2 April 2021 we went from dialysis, nurses were complaining that I allow him to drink a lot of water because at that stage he have a daily water intake and also needed blood. He did the blood transfusion and the dialysis but he had a breathing issue, the nurse place him on breathing machine the oxygen got exhausted and he was normal.

We went home by 12am, on getting home we ask for water, I told him to wait because I can even hear noise of water around his thoracic cavity. He was having difficult I had to call one of his friend so that we can take him back to the hospital but he gave up the ghost and we bury him that the same day because that was his wish. Due to his name, I was confused and angry at myself and everyone that we lost him due to 5 million needed for the transplant.

Months later I was able to get over his death a bit and went back to school, wrote the exam and graduated with first class even though the examination I didn't prepared much due to what happened. It was just God hand at work ( It only a fool that say there is no God).

Now the problem is that I can't sleep and remember my brother death that I should have done more. His death is like 5 months from now but it still fresh in my memory recently. My brother play a vital role in my education from paying my fee and monthly allowance and advice. I was thinking of using drugs so that I can sleep at time but talk me out of it. Pls how can I re again myself and also am an introvert I don't have people to talk to and I hardly go out.
I don't think any REASONABLE NIGERIAN sleeps at night not to talk of the day.
So, If you are an ordinary NIGERIAN in Nigeria, Insomnia will definitely be part of you.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Imustnottalk: 10:05pm On Oct 28, 2021
D
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Scottz: 10:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
I’m suffering from the same thing
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by BESTScientist1: 10:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
...read your Bible.... before you finish a chapter. They no burn that devil well you go sleep

1 Like

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by feldido(m): 10:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
Chop some bananas and Boil for like 10 minutes and let it seamer for a while and drink before sleeping, you will see the magic
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Germi9: 10:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
Am sorry for your loss ,may his soul rest i peace and try to give yourself peace cos were he is ,is better than were we are right now
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
May God grant you fortitude in this trying time
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by makavelli47(m): 10:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
You will be fine with time, it will come naturally don't try taking drugs. I've been there before. You will sail through. Life simply happened
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by EKONGKING: 10:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:

I will try to be brief as possible. During the lock down my elder brother was seriously ill, we all thought it normal malaria and typhoid but getting to the hospital he was diagnosed of kidney diseases at it last stage (CKD). We all brace up and gave him all the support needed during the stage from one dialysis section to another something thrice a week.

It became worse and no improvement at sight, I literally do all thing for him, from bathing to feeding and carry him around the hospital but he faith he will come out of it. During the process he used all of his life saving to the extend of collecting and seeking financial assistance from people because the doctor advice to undergo kidney transplants.

On 2 April 2021 we went from dialysis, nurses were complaining that I allow him to drink a lot of water because at that stage he have a daily water intake and also needed blood. He did the blood transfusion and the dialysis but he had a breathing issue, the nurse place him on breathing machine the oxygen got exhausted and he was normal.

We went home by 12am, on getting home we ask for water, I told him to wait because I can even hear noise of water around his thoracic cavity. He was having difficult I had to call one of his friend so that we can take him back to the hospital but he gave up the ghost and we bury him that the same day because that was his wish. Due to his name, I was confused and angry at myself and everyone that we lost him due to 5 million needed for the transplant.

Months later I was able to get over his death a bit and went back to school, wrote the exam and graduated with first class even though the examination I didn't prepared much due to what happened. It was just God hand at work ( It only a fool that say there is no God).

Now the problem is that I can't sleep and remember my brother death that I should have done more. His death is like 5 months from now but it still fresh in my memory recently. My brother play a vital role in my education from paying my fee and monthly allowance and advice. I was thinking of using drugs so that I can sleep at time but talk me out of it. Pls how can I re again myself and also am an introvert I don't have people to talk to and I hardly go out.

Your brother died due to pulmonary edema ,which is due to CKD .
DONT blame yourselves .
the early symptoms of pulmonary edema are ,severe cough and swelling of the feet.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by shogsman(m): 10:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
Homeboiy:
The more your trying the remove your mind from thinking about him

The most you will think about him.

Use that time of the night to start learning how to bomb clients

E go help you
Look at the crap you're spewing,your grunts have normalized fraud like it's acceptable, you think everybody is a petty fraudster like y'all
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by VicUkegbu(m): 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
So sad..
RIP to your late brother!!!

But you have to be a man and step up, you have to let loose of the shackles of emotions and guilt tying you down....

What has happened has happened.. you cannot do anything to change it

You need to forge ahead and be optimistic, such is life.
Everyone loses someone, at the end of it nothing is guaranteed...
We are just here temporarily, everyone will go soon day.. although some leave earlier!!

Please don't do drugs to avoid dependence on it which will now result to other complications.

You can start hitting the gym to get your mind off the pain
Jogging...
Try also getting closer to God and also try keeping in touch with some good friends!!!

Be a man!!!

1 Like

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by moneyissweet(m): 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
Sorry bro,, you need to suppy yourself with some sleeping drugs until you get over the shock.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Skillsnigeria: 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hmmm
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by toyinkin(m): 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
So sorry about your loss bro...May God grant him eternal Rest.i wil advise u try take everything off your mind and think anew,life goes on bro and when u do that,u will regain ur self back.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by mekuso89(m): 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
#Time is the greatest miracle on earth it heals every wound and mend every broken heart, I am a living witness, when i had anxiety disorder as a result of a life threatening experience I had, I never I could get over it no sleep my heart was always overspending my blood pressure was something else I cried almost every night cause sleep hid it self from me. But as time goes on I decided to live my faith at the mercy of time. And today an the one that sleeps even in the afternoon you will surely get over it just don't fight it only practice breathing exercises. RIP to your beloved one
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by toyinkin(m): 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
Na idiot.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Warlord2014(m): 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:

You did everything possible for a brother in such situation...the only thing you didn't have was money to fight the sickness.

You being unable to sleep is for a reason... Just stay awake and figure out a permanent solution to poverty.
5mil is just a token to a lot of Nigerians out there, but wickedness could not allow them to render a help.

Stay awake, stay strong and figure out a permanent solution to poverty.

Sorry for the lose bro.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by wakeupguys: 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2021
Sorry for the loss, may his soul rest in peace, Amen. Don't stay alone again, go out and make good friends. They will make you feel among again. Also, if you have good family relations, visit them. Come out of your boredom and you will be free. He won't be happy to see you moody five months after his departure. Be strong.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Gudbadguy: 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2021
Sorry for ur loss.u need more time for ur grieve mehn.after some years you will be much better
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Lexusgs430: 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2021
Since God came through during your exams...... Hand this sleeping irregularity to God...........
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by godisshit(m): 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2021
I'm actually worried for you. What you describing sounds like the early stages of depression. You need to see a psychologist because I think you are still grieving over your brother's death.

joshawesome:

1 Like

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Baawaa(m): 10:24pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:

Sorry for the loss of your brother, be reading psalms 119,before you finish reading it sleep will surely come.Do this when you are ready to sleep.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by blasterman(m): 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2021
joshawesome:

Do u work, if ur work is office work then possibility u seat all day

If u do Go for long walk probably 1hr to 1hr 30mins

Do some exercise

Go back home take a bath

sleep without clothes

no need to take drugs
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by michlins(m): 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Sorry about the loss. But take consolation on the fact that you gave him your best care

Sorry for your loss once again. Time will heal you. Don't do drugs or you're looking at addiction

1 Like

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Tribu(m): 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2021
Take heart bro.
I can tell you that time heals. Give it some time. You will be fine.

I met a girl during my service year in 2017 through FB. I met her few weeks after chat. Before then I was fully-singled, I put my heart to the relationship. We planned everything down to marriage. January 2020,she became seriously ill. From one hospital to another, she gave up the ghost on 20th March 2020. We were so close that I call her my hand bag.

I thought I will never get over her death. Few months after her death, I couldn't concentrate or stop thinking about her. This brings me pain alot. But I remember being told by her elder Sis that I will forget everything soon.

It's 1 year 7 months already. I feel a whole lot better .

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by doggedfighter(f): 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2021
makavelli47:
You will be fine with time, it will come naturally don't try taking drugs. I've been there before. You will sail through. Life simply happened

How are you doing?

You took a break here?

Been a while.
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 28, 2021

5 Likes

Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by A1kennedy(m): 10:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ur brother was affected by an ancestral curse, but b4 he died, God used him to put u in a good condition. Now what did God(jesus) said about dead people?? When ur neighbour(friends or family members) is dead, do not murn them for more than seven days. U might had violated that law,thus atracting a new curse(the curse of nightmares).
Re: I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do by CaCO3: 10:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102001602?q=post+traumatic+stress&p=par
Read this article about post traumatic stress, I believed it will help u.
U can send a mail to me if u need more articles that can help u cope with the death of ur brother.
Am really sorry for ur lose

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Transformation Of Cameroonian Girl With Bow Legs Called A 'Witch' (Photo) / Baby With 2 Heads Survives Risky Surgery In Afghanistan (PHOTOS) / Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.