Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,651 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis (31697 Views)

New Drug Prices In Nigeria / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by coolatlantic: 2:36pm On Oct 06, 2021
Fight and win the battle against sickle cell anaemia.

Check my signature for details
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by PenelopeA(f): 2:36pm On Oct 06, 2021
Pray there will be a complete cure for it someday or something to prevent it. Its not easy meeting amazing people and letting them go because of genotype.
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by irijuola: 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
okoroemeka:
I think you are watching too much DStv,try and watch NTA for a week and see the type of innovations coming from our research institutes,how to store kunu and zobo,how to feed cows with grown grass,etc

smiley. As funny as it seems, you're right.
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by hosemujica: 2:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
grandlexuz:

Lives to be saved.
You don see am na , money money money , that's all what's in the head of most Nigerians.
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by SocialJustice: 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kunfu:

Please can I get more info about the drug. Thanks
Send me a pm.
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by franchasng: 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2021
Christian scientists and researchers are busy researching on how to make life better for humans, how to save lives so all humans can live happier while Muslim Jihadists are busy reciting Quran and planning how to kill more none Muslims and dominate to marry more underage girls and use black veil to cover them like masquerade while they go about wielding Ak47 and forming brave.

Dear Muslim youths please have a rethink, Islam is a deadly 14th century cult, it doesn't add any value to youths of today, embrace technology and innovations and shun killings and mob attacks in the name of religion.
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by Blake755: 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
This is the best news so for me while growing up I knew a lot of nigga embarassed who lost the battle to sickle cell very soon this disease will be a thing of past
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by Chigorkizz(m): 2:59pm On Oct 06, 2021
Good
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by Jman06(m): 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
God bless the white man for being the saviours of the world!

As a matter of fact, the black has not yet escaped slavery. They're even more enslaved now than before but many of us don't know it.

And some fools would be talking rubbish about retaining black culture and identity when the whites want to impose their ideals like homosexuality on them. Culture of wickedness to fellow blacks Identity of foolishly electing idiots as leaders just on account of being your tribesmen and practicing religion only to turn around and cry when you start suffering the consequences of having such evil leaders

I have said it before, if the whites want to change your sexual orientations as a punishment for not legalizing homosexuality, all they need to do is prepare some drugs and term them "malaria or typhoid " medicines and voila! Y'all would become gays overnight. Of course, the drugs will sell like water because Nigeria remains the only country where drugs are sold by just anybody with little to no regulations.

3 Likes

Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by annyz: 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2021
Ahmed0336:
People wey do this drug no get 10 heads.

I think it is long overdue for FG to start pumping money into our researchers esp those in the field of science and tech.

They will chop the money finish even before they discover any thing close to that.

Looters of treasuries everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by muzeze77: 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2021
While the white man is using science to help humanity , black men are giving their money to god of men to buy jets and perform fake miracles

1 Like

Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by AreaFada2: 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2021
Gaddafi1:
Sickle cell disease affects mainly blacks where it is predominant and yet these whites are spending time and resources finding the cure while we are here killing ourselves and discussing grazing routes. Malaria is killing so much every year and yet not much money is spent for research work on vaccine.

Abeg who do us this kin thing

Our people say that a child that has no shame should not be sent on an errand to the market place. He might go steal, fight or otherwise misbehave and disgrace his family in the market place.

This is the case with 9ja. Our so-called leaders and messiahs are very comfortable travelling to Germany, UK, France and America for treatment. No shame whatsoever.

9ia should be a go-to destination for any disease that affects mostly blacks. We have the highest prevalence of twin births, a gold mine for research. Never mind brilliant people throughout the nation.

I shake my head when I see very high quality done at UI, UNIBEN and other universities back in the 1980s in old scientific journals. In collabo with top European universities back then. Especially in Sickle cell, Malaria and tropical diseases generally.

Nigeria should be able to have 1,000 people doing PhD and post doc in cutting=edge malaria research considering how many people die of it yearly.

1 Like

Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by Adakintroy: 3:16pm On Oct 06, 2021
Gaddafi1:
Sickle cell disease affects mainly blacks where it is predominant and yet these whites are spending time and resources finding the cure while we are here killing ourselves and discussing grazing routes. Malaria is killing so much every year and yet not much money is spent for research work on vaccine.

Can't you people say anything without demonizing your country.
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by Yoighaman(m): 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/health-58791333.amp

Great development.

May God continue to bless our doctors with wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by Princeton92(m): 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2021
Lol

Isn't this the best news of the century? We dey wait HIV and Diabetes drugs too
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by showafrica(m): 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
Gaddafi1:

Only one picture answers your question. Tribal competition is the only thing that would develop Africa. African countries should divide along ethnic lines and start a healthy competition of growth and development.

This foolish generation in power will soon pass, they managed to keep Africa backward with guns, am sure the next generation will think twice.

1 Like

Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by pepetua(m): 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2021
Good development
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by suffering: 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
The white man cured sickle cell since 2005, leprosy a long time ago and small pox sometime around the early 2000s. These ailments still plague Africans in the millions because our leaders are too busy looting to enrich their families while remaining ignorant from being advanced in age coupled with resistance to change.
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by 1Sharon(f): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
franchasng:
Christian scientists and researchers are busy researching on how to make life better for humans, how to save lives so all humans can live happier while Muslim Jihadists are busy reciting Quran and planning how to kill more none Muslims and dominate to marry more underage girls and use black veil to cover them like masquerade while they go about wielding Ak47 and forming brave.

Dear Muslim youths please have a rethink, Islam is a deadly 14th century cult, it doesn't add any value to youths of today, embrace technology and innovations and shun killings and mob attacks in the name of religion.

Shut the fvck up.

The UK has legalised gay marriage, does that sound like a Christian country to you? Do they act like Christians to you?

A disease that doesn't even affect their people they took it upon themselves to find a solution.

While the black man who the disease predominately affects, is praying to his dead Jesus for a solution.

Yeye finish you there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by abbey621(m): 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
Jman06:
God bless the white man for being the saviours of the world!

As a matter of fact, the black has not yet escaped slavery. They're even more enslaved now than before but many of us don't know it.

And some fools would be talking rubbish about retaining black culture and identity when the whites want to impose their ideals like homosexuality on them. Culture of wickedness to fellow blacks Identity of foolishly electing idiots as leaders just on account of being your tribesmen and practicing religion only to turn around and cry when you start suffering the consequences of having such evil leaders

I have said it before, if the whites want to change your sexual orientations as a punishment for not legalizing homosexuality, all they need to do is prepare some drugs and term them "malaria or typhoid " medicines and voila! Y'all would become gays overnight. Of course, the drugs will sell like water because Nigeria remains the only country where drugs are sold by just anybody with little to no regulations.

You would have made sense if we didn't have blacks in those companies as scientists, researchers etc. Una go just open mouth like dust bin and yarn rubbish, from CTE discovery in sports to cancer research, blacks are ever present but you wouldn't know because your level of research stops at Nairaland.....Grow up!
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by bman2003: 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2021
#Solamin

Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by brandsoncharlie: 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
Gaddafi1:

Abi they will get the money while will pay very well for it. grin

1 Like

Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by meccuno: 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2021
Gaddafi1:

do we really need a vaccine for malaria? when all we could have done is to have an efficient drainage system. the question you should ask yourself is how did the WEST eradicate malaria? by cutting off their source of habitation.
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by Sheryyyy: 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2021
incogni2o:

Yes I know but money to be made still.

Don't let that cloud your judgment Bro.

What stops you from making the money
Yet here you are screaming..
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by damosade(m): 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
I knew a day will come that I will be free forever..
I don't pray for anyone to experience such a crisis, it is hell on earth.

Thumbs up guys.
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by Reference(m): 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2021
Gaddafi1:

If we do not 'discuss' grazing routes millions can die if civil strife breaks out. Then malaria will be like an itch.
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by Gerrard59(m): 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
AreaFada2:

Our people say that a child that has no shame should be sent on an errand to the market place. He might go steal, fight or otherwise misbehave and disgrace his family in the market place.

This is the case with 9ja. Our so-called leaders and messiahs are very comfortable travelling to Germany, UK, France and America for treatment. No shame whatsoever.

9ia should be a go-to destination for any disease that affects mostly blacks. We have the highest prevalence of twin births, a gold mine for research. Never mind brilliant people throughout the nation.

I shake my head when I see very high quality done at UI, UNIBEN and other universities back in the 1980s in old scientific journals. In collabo with top European universities back then. Especially in Sickle cell, Malaria and tropical diseases generally.

Nigeria should be able to have 1,000 people doing PhD and post doc in cutting=edge malaria research considering how many people die of it yearly.

R and D costs a whole lot of money. Nigeria is the world's poverty capital and governed by crude and archaic islamists. How come South Africa or even Kenya isn't what you expect of Nigeria (in the bold)?

1 Like

Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by Gerrard59(m): 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2021
meccuno:
do we really need a vaccine for malaria? when all we could have done is to have an efficient drainage system. the question you should ask yourself is how did the WEST eradicate malaria? by cutting off their source of habitation.

Malaria thrives in tropical environment. Singapore is one of the cleanest and developed places in Asia yet Dengue Fever thrives there. The vast majority of the west aren't close to the equator.

1 Like

Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by Drone95(m): 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
Nice development.
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by Kunfu(m): 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
SocialJustice:
Send me a pm.
I've sent you a mail
Re: Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis by SocialJustice: 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kunfu:

I've sent you a mail
I've replied.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

91 Begin Quarantine As More Returnees Take Land Borders / The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State / Woman In Vegetative State For The Past 10 Years Gives Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.