Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,721 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies (15138 Views)

Pandora: Inside The Secret Offshore Companies, London Properties Of Bello-Koko / Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity / Sunday Dare Urges Naira Marley Not Protest, Says The Issue Is being Addressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by blamingthedevil: 8:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
[s]
Academicwizman:

Your opinion.
[/s]

Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by CSTRR: 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2021
While Peter obi is still in pdp, the pdp still has credibility among sane Nigerians.

If they get him, the pdp is fuckkked.

1 Like

Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by Sleekfingers: 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2021
Fahdiga:
Even though I hate Peter Obi because of the Ezu river massacre but this is a one sided investigation aimed at soiling his name. He might be guilty of the offence but where are Tinubu's of this world? Many curropt fellows like him are roaming around unabated in Nigeria. Fighting corruption should be holistically and not witchhunting based on ethnic and religious creed. My one cent

Are they witch-hunting peter obi , because of his tribe or religion?
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by blamingthedevil: 8:08pm On Oct 06, 2021
[s]
CSTRR:
While Peter obi is still in pdp, the pdp still has credibility among sane Nigerians.

If they get him, the pdp is fuckkked.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by CSTRR: 8:10pm On Oct 06, 2021
And the funny thing is that it was Peter obi that told the journalist, ibekwe.

It was not a ground breaking expose.

He acknowledged it himself during an interview with the journalist.

The journalist then turned it into one big reveal of the century.
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by Bfss: 8:10pm On Oct 06, 2021
Oh
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by CSTRR: 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2021
blamingthedevil:
[s][/s]
You are wasting your time.
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by Bighead9: 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2021
Fahdiga:
Even though I hate Peter Obi because of the Ezu river massacre but this is a one sided investigation aimed at soiling his name. He might be guilty of the offence but where are Tinubu's of this world? Many curropt fellows like him are roaming around unabated in Nigeria. Fighting corruption should be holistically and not witchhunting based on ethnic and religious creed. My one cent

Is this how you guys want to Build Biafra, when the North finaly gives them independence?

1 Like

Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by greatiyk4u(m): 8:22pm On Oct 06, 2021
Fahdiga:
This one is definitely suffering from deficiency in English language. You are the illiterate here for not recognizing my good English language. I de shame on your behalf

Nsogbu di
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by stanluiz(m): 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
From the report. Peter obi did not steal or embezzled public funds when he was a govenor. Which we all know that looting and stealing of public funds is an illegal and corrupt acts.

He was just cutting the cost of his business by avoiding tax which every business man does.

So enough of this media trial.
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by HolyStriker(m): 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2021
Leave Peter Obi alone... show us where you stole money through out his 2 tenures

1 Like

Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by stanluiz(m): 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2021
LegendHero:
Obi Pandora is a criminal, they should arrest him and keep him in the deepest part of Kirikiri until 2040.

I rise, court!
Says a bullion van Tinubu supporter cheesy

The man that is looting lagos state treasury since 1999bc grin
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by LegendHero(m): 8:29pm On Oct 06, 2021
stanluiz:
Says a bullion van Tinubu supporter cheesy

The man that is looting lagos state treasury since 1999bc grin

Looting Lagos treasury and yet Shukuduli bus is offloading people from the barren land daily to Tinubu state.

If Peter Obi had made Anambra a economically liveable state maybe his brethren wouldn’t have been running from the barren land.

2 Likes

Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by stanluiz(m): 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2021
GeneralPula:
[s][/s]
They’ve debated a lot of Nigerians politicians. It Peter Obi’s time..

Igbos are fond of attaching saint with peter obi. That’s exactly what politicians are not wanting..

Peter Obi isn’t that bad, but he’s not a saint... that’s the simple message..

I’m sure the politicians behind this won’t pass SE politicians eyeing 2023 presidency cuz it’s only people that knows Peter Obi closely will know he has such secret investment..

I’m damn sure majority of Yeeboz, including you didn’t know Peter Obi had such secret investment..
Says by a Tinubu diehard supporter. The man that has turn Lagos into one his personal life investment cheesy

Until you prove to me or show me where peter obi looted and embezzled public funds. All your ranting is rubbish.
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by stanluiz(m): 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
LegendHero:

Looting Lagos treasury and yet Shukuduli bus is offloading people from the barren land daily to Tinubu state.

If Peter Obi had made Anambra a economically liveable state maybe his brethren wouldn’t have been running from the barren land.
Lol Tinubu state cheesy Tinubu that is from iragbaji Osun state. The same Tinubu that also migrated to Lagos that was massively develop by FG

He should go and turn Osun state into Lagos since he is a magician.

1 Like

Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by cybersoldiers: 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
Yoruba's shouldn't worry, in coming weeks, COBRA SQAUD will face them....starting with Tinubu.

The President must come from North come 2023.
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by Bighead9: 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
Moferere:

Look at the guy that was abusing me.
He couldn't even spell corrupt correctly.

Illiterate Peoples of Biafra

What do you expect from IPOB? cheesy cheesy

Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by slowice(m): 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
After going through a few comments here it became clear that many of you didn't even bother to read and understand the post but quickly went on commenting nonsense as usual... Una dey ment finish
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by barcaboi(m): 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2021
Fahdiga:
The excuse of there’s one that is a bigger sinner let him be is our problem in this country
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by Bighead9: 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2021
Academicwizman:
A very good job that addresses the issue straight. Not the one lecturing us about tax evasion or avoidance. Let the intellectual debate begin. The writer has raised salient questions. Let the Premium Times address them. No tribal banters, no name calling, just pure intellectual discourse.

You and who?
Nothing to debate here. Peter Obi is a THIEF. He is one of the 80 most corrupt Politicians in the World today.

Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2021
Moferere:

I don't see the point - I mean you get the message in spite of the grammar errors and that is the important part (that it was delivered) What is left is to critique it or ignore it if it has no intellectual or social value/merit.

To take the route of pointing out mistakes in semantics and further using that as a yard/rule to denigrate an entire ethnic group says a lot about who you are and what you represent. But it is ok... there are many born every day
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by Freebills12: 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
Commentor:
[color=#006600][/color]

Hausa Fulani, we know that it is what you people are waiting for, anything to tarnish his image but he committed no offence. Only gullible people like you who are anti Igbo will be trying to paint him black to be in the same shoe like other from your zone. What pains most in this false report is trying to paint it that Obi acquired all these as a governor. Why are they afraid to give us the details as they did in other people's case. [code][/code]
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by Commentor: 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2021
Freebills12:
[color=#006600][/color]

Hausa Fulani, we know that it is what you people are waiting for, anything to tarnish his image but he committed no offence. Only gullible people like you who are anti Igbo will be trying to paint him black to be in the same shoe like other from your zone. What pains most in this false report is trying to paint it that Obi acquired all these as a governor. Why are they afraid to give us the details as they did in other people's case. [code][/code]

Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by blamingthedevil: 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2021
CSTRR:

You are wasting your time.

Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by kelly72: 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2021
Moferere:

So a person is illiterate for spelling a word wrongly. But you gave an indication you understood what he wrote, which makes you a liar.
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by Freebills12: 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2021
[color=#770077][/color]
InHeaven:
Criminal. Aside this, Peter Obi is a fraud.

Someone who as a Governor invested State fund in the name of his family.

This is the fraud Ndi Igbo packaged for us.

Any evidence, No
Stupidity, yes
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by san316(m): 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2021
I wonder why people are seeing Peter Obi as a major contender in the 2023 presidential race. The only chance PDP has is Fielding a northerner but Fielding an Igbo, especially in the person of Peter Obi is DOA. So who cares if he's indicted? The reason why people are paying attention to his is because of the lies he told previously and they are catching up with him now. That's all

1 Like

Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by seunayantokun(m): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2021
Premium Times was proud to be part of that project but itself is a devil of an organisation with a questionable character.
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by Minjim: 9:24pm On Oct 06, 2021
Let's even put this reports aside.

Are you people saying Peter Obi, a Nigerian politician is not corrupt?
Any politician in this current system we called Nigeria that contested and won an election is corrupt- period!

Why are you people trying so hard to sell sand as garri to us?

It's things like this that make people like Tinubu look like a Saint.
You can't find anyone from the West trying to defend Tinubu cause even Tinubu doesn't pretend to be a Saint. That's what Tinubu can't try with Yorubas.
I just don't know why Igbos find it convenient to now believe a politician. Nnami kanu comes mind
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by TheGift: 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2021
The bias of the author is very obvious from the first few paragraphs of the article.
Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by CaptainAyub: 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
humility33:
Balanced points up there

I love this
Sometimes i wonder the sinister motives behind those trying to soil this man's name

Obi or Osibanjo is the rare hope Nigeria has to reposition this country in economics,sociocultural etc contexts come 2023

Some of them criticising obi now are supporting politicians even more corrupt and dubious.
Don't bring Osibanjo into this.
Dude is just there enjoying all d perks of office, fixing his friends and relatives into all the top positions in government but you want to separate him from the disaster called Buhari.
At least, we saw how Atiku joined other Nigerians to wrestled Obj to the ground as number 2 man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As The Law Stands: Peter Obi And The Issue Of Offshore Companies by Fahdiga(m): 9:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
Bighead9:

Is this how you guys want to Build Biafra, when the North finaly gives them independence?
Sharap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rumpus In Civil Service Over New Tenure System / Kebbi Governor, Nasir Idris Gives Out Multimillion Naira Cars To Lawmakers / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, APC Candidacy In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.