Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks (16054 Views)

Updates On Eket City Renewal Project - Roads, Mall, Stadium, Parks (Pictures) / Why Are Alcoholic Drinks Allowed To Be Sold At Motor-Parks, Bus Stops, Etc? / Yuletide : Transport Union Bans Alcohol Sales In Lagos Motor Parks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Metrix147: 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2021
Imo State Governor, Senator Hope Uzodinma has banned the sale of alcoholic drinks at the various motor parks in the state, ABN TV reports.

Senator Uzodinma stated this during the inauguration of the advisory council on road safety in Owerri.

According to him, the aim is to reduce the number of road crashes by fifty percent by twenty-thirty which Will also meet the global best practices.

He explained that the state has been aligning itself with the global best practices in the management and prevention of road crashes.

He said the State government has done a lot to ensure that the roads in the state are relatively in good shape and hitch-free driving for motorists.

The state Governor said the resolve to curb the frequent accidents on the major highways led to the engagement of world-class contractors to dualize Owerri- Orlu road and Owerri-Okigwe road to boost the economy of the state.

Governor Uzodinma noted that the council would also be focused on the five strategic pillars which are Road Management, Safer Vehicles, Safer Road Users, Post Crash Response, and Safer Driving Environment.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/10/gov-hope-uzodinma-bans-alcoholic-beverages/

4 Likes

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by festacman(m): 3:27pm On Oct 06, 2021
Good move but the fact is that the alcohol-addicted drivers will now resume the day with enough supply hidden under their seats to 'shine eye' at intervals.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by JavaScript90: 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2021
Lol. Sensational headline. I don fear if this man don become hisbah
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job. I also have an already made real estate script specifically desigbed for nigerian real estate market for sale. Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile.

25 Likes

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by ClintonC: 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2021
Looking at the headline I thought he was bringing hisbah to Imo State.

34 Likes

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Maxymilliano(m): 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
Lol .. Next is to set up task force to play the role of hisbah in enforcing illicit sales in motor parks and bars across the State.

Aboki Governor

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Ethannathan(m): 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
K
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Bblam: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2021
Okay
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Princeton92(m): 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2021
Best ooo biko nu.... Maka help save lives of passengers including me and you!!!

6 Likes

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by JosephXavier: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2021
Metrix147:

According to him, the aim is to reduce the number of road crashes by fifty percent by twenty-thirty which Will also meet the global best practices.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/10/gov-hope-uzodinma-bans-alcoholic-beverages/

Bad road contributes over 50% of road accidents but the Supreme Court governor, in a gradual attempt to aligning himself with the fulanisation agenda of his masters, will instead of constructing quality roads, will create a distraction from the main fact

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Flexherbal(m): 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2021
Drivers go still dey buy put for their motor.

He said the State government has done a lot to ensure that the roads in the state are relatively in good shape and hitch-free driving for motorists.
Is this true?

Note: Too much of alcohol is not good for the body system.

When you satisfy your woman, she gives you the BEST of everything.100% Natural Herbs for erectile/sperm issues : Check https://www.nairaland.com/3152927/testimonies-100-herbal-tea-cure+weak-organ&quick+release

1 Like

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Moferere: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2021
They called him supleme court governor, but he keeps making tangible decisions.

Invariably, he is the only Governor with balls from the East.

Quote me unnecessarily and get dragged

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by ATEAMS: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2021
Drink or buy outside...

+ Don't come in drunk

1 Like

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Danjikanbauchi: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2021
Long over due
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by slawormiir: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Nice though...

All those motorists.....early in the morning them don high.....
Enter steering dey drive nonsense

Na all those trailers drivers and thier motor boy worse pass

All those ones go just drink mixture finish begin do fast and furious for inside city road

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by SarkinYarki: 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
Why na ? Driver need to shine eye na cheesy cheesy

Na play I dey play oooo

1 Like

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Patrioticman007(m): 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
They want to force Shariah law on these drunkards calling themselves drivers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by pepetua(m): 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
That's good
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by BKayy: 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
Sheikh Supreme Uzodimma.

But looking at this decision critically, its not a bad one.
Nice one Mr Supreme

7 Likes

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by tamdun: 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
Good move,abeg replicate this in lagos, you'll hardly see driver, conductor and agbero wey no dey drink ogogoro

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by xpressionx(m): 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
Using Hisbah modus operandi.
Who told you they only need get it in parks.

Very soon he will ban Manequin for boutiques to reduce rape in imo state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by InvertedHammer: 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
/
The drivers do not need to buy alcohol at the park when bars and joints are everywhere.

/

1 Like

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by baralatie(m): 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2021
ClintonC:
Looking at the headline I thought he was bringing hisbah to Imo State.
grin
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by greatiyk4u(m): 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2021
Hmmm

I will miss mama chiamaka at ITC part where I enjoy cold Heineken while waiting for motor to fill up
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by nonut: 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2021
Ụzọ dị mgba.
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by oneTIMEman(m): 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2021
Aboki APC man.
Your days are numbered,
Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by Unik3030: 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Lol .. Next is to set up task force to play the role of hisbah in enforcing illicit sales in motor parks and bars across the State.

Aboki Governor
purge yourself of unnecessary hate n use your brain for once,this is done to curb accident but d victim mentality in u makes u see fulani in everything even when they are trying to help u.

Even if u can't have an erection it's still aboki

5 Likes

Re: Imo State Bans Alcoholic Beverages At Motor Parks by bigdammyj: 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2021
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God Saved Me From Accident And Arm Robbery Attack. / 20 Funny Suggestions For Driving In Lagos – Gidimeister / Insecurity In Nigeria: Canada Warns Citizens To Avoid Non-Essential Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.