Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic (32122 Views)

FEC Approves ₦658 Milion For Deployment Of Dogs In Lagos, Abuja Airports / Ifeanyichukwu Okereke's Family Demands ₦500 Milion From Gbajabiamila / Ekiti States Approves TSA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 3:07am On Oct 07, 2021
Drogunov:

Its so obvious you were never taught to mind your fvcking business punk.

Hypocrite, were you minding your ipobian jihadi business when you attacked the poster for being happy about this project?

Must he share your doom and gloom ipob bad bele and frustration mentality?

If you want to be sad and pained because of progress and development, confine your pain to yourself inside your sit at home parlor, you don't have to pollute other people with your sorrow and misery..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by joyandfaith: 3:17am On Oct 07, 2021
NGpatriot:

[s]Hypocrite, were you minding your ipobian jihadi business when you attacked the poster for being happy about this project?

If you want to be sad and pained because of progress and development, confine your pain to yourself inside your sit at home parlor, you don't have to pollute other people with your sorrow and misery..[/s]

Gibberish
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:08am On Oct 07, 2021
socialmediaman:

Your view on this is somewhat myopic. Many of the people you claim are useless for Nigeria will continue to be in Nigeria because they can't afford to travel. Most of the people traveling are our professionals including doctors, engineers, accountants, nurses, computer scientists and other people who can afford it. So you get a mere $23 billion from them while the economy continues to suffer productivity. This means you will continue to borrow from the same countries where they are migrating. When you want to develop a software, you will go to Israel or USA and pay $50 million dollars (N15 billion naira) instead of $50 thousand dollars (N15 million naira) because you don't have competent professionals

Many seem blind to the fact that Brain Drain is contributing to the current state that the country is in.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Drogunov: 5:35am On Oct 07, 2021
NGpatriot:

Hypocrite, were you minding your ipobian jihadi business when you attacked the poster for being happy about this project?

If you want to be sad and pained because of progress and development, confine your pain to yourself inside your sit at home parlor, you don't have to pollute other people with your sorrow and misery..

Blah blah blah blah blaaaaaahhhhh! Silly boy!
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 6:10am On Oct 07, 2021
U.S. Consulate donates books worth $24,000 to varsity

The Public Affairs Officer (PRO) of the United States (U.S.) Consulate, Stephen Ibeli, yesterday, urged students to read books to improve their knowledge and capacity.

Ibeli gave the advice during his official visit and donation of books worth $24,000 to Kola Daisi University, Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.

https://guardian.ng/news/u-s-consulate-donates-books-worth-24000-to-varsity/?utm_term=Autofeed&echobox=twitter_post&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1633576496

After Lagos, they went to Oyo state to dash us books too.

Good looking out, the good people of the SW appreciate you..

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Minjim: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2021
NGpatriot:

Do you mean the affluent are the tens of thousands of Nigerians gainfully employed at these facilities, collecting paychecks to pay school fees, rent and put food on the table?

Do you mean we should not create any FTZ, build EA, Dangote refinery which currently give paychecks to over 40,000 Nigerians and eventually increase it to 200,000 or more when fully operational, build a deep seaport until we build the same thing on the mainland.?

Why are you not mad because all the industrial estates, factories and manufacturing plants are all on the mainland?

Why are you not mad because the seat of government is on the mainland with tens of thousands of workers?

Is the reason we drum up such investments not to create jobs and opportunities for Nigerians and lift our people out of poverty?

The development in that region alone means hundreds of thousands of jobs and elimination of poverty in their households, many of them I'm sure are your village people.

Nna, your brain is badly formatted, it's permanently functioning in revers position.

I would have dignified your comment with a detailed reply. But I don't engage in intuitive comments.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Minjim: 8:10am On Oct 07, 2021
NGpatriot:

Is it still not Tinubu's vision and the people he supported into office to govern Lagos responsible for orchestrating that massive IGR increase from N500 million per month before Tinubu to a whooping N34 Billion per month today?

Their economic policies are the reason why Lagos is what it is today, the same reason why you are here acknowledging their IGR strength over other states, the same policies that make them fight like hell to divert the massive Dangote refinery complex from Ondo to Lagos to generative even more massive IGR to double what they are generating today and hundreds of thousands of jobs, the same policies created Eko Atlantic city, a new city to draw in even more jobs and IGR.

IGR doesn't fall from the sky, there are smart people on the ground making these decisions, coming up with creative and proactive ideas to keep pumping out more IGR.

Btw, it's kind of ignorant and illogical to compare the places you listed with Lagos, their realities and national dynamics are not the same, the population and scope of responsibilities are not the same, be sane and logical.

Are you saying no other person can oversee Lagos like Tinubu or even better?
What's Tinubu's vision for Mushin, Alimosho, Badagry, Ikorodu, Surulere, and co? These are more than half of Lagos.

First, let me just take Joburg and Nairobi. These two cities are larger than Lagos. The landmass would have been what I would term a challenge but Lagos is a small city.
Now, population is an advantage to good and creative leaders. If not for the population, businesses won't come and there be no huge revenue.
I don't see why we shouldn't compare Lagos with these cities with equal revenue but we should compare it with cities in Nigeria without the revenue power- think about that.
If the capital market in Lagos is in the same league with Joburg and Cairo shouldn't we have, at least, half their facilities?
In a nutshell, what I'm saying is that the revenue generated in Lagos since 1999 is not commensurate to the facilities we see on ground. Especially when we look at how fast some cities have gone in the space of this period.
It'll be grossly illogical if not absurd to compare Lagos with States with way lesser revenue in terms of performance.
You need to visit Nairobi or Joburg to appreciate my point.

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 8:46am On Oct 07, 2021
[s]
Minjim:

Are you saying no other person can oversee Lagos like Tinubu or even better?
What's Tinubu's vision for Mushin, Alimosho, Badagry, Ikorodu, Surulere, and co? These are more than half of Lagos.

First, let me just take Joburg and Nairobi. These two cities are larger than Lagos. The landmass would have been what I would term a challenge but Lagos is a small city.
Now, population is an advantage to good and creative leaders. If not for the population, businesses won't come and there be no huge revenue.
I don't see why we should compare Lagos with these cities but we should compare it with cities in Nigeria. I think about that.
If the capital market in Lagos is in the same league with Joburg and Cairo shouldn't we have, at least, half their facilities?
In a nutshell, what I'm saying is that the revenue generated in Lagos since 1999 is not commensurate to the facilities we see on ground. Especially when we look at how fast some cities have gone in the space of this period.
It'll be grossly illogical if not absurd to compare Lagos with States with way lesser revenue in terms of performance.
You need to visit Nairobi or Joburg to appreciate my point.
[/s]

Not interested in your baseless, ignorant illogical comparisons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 8:51am On Oct 07, 2021
Minjim:

I would have dignified your comment with a detailed reply. But I don't engage in intuitive comments.

The only reason why you failed to purvey a sane and rational comeback is because you lack reasonable and rationale views.

You can not intelligently defend your baseless objection and rejection of investments and jobs for Nigerians, that did not make any sense.
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by socialmediaman: 11:53am On Oct 07, 2021
1stGenAmerican:

Many seem blind to the fact that Brain Drain is contributing to the current state that the country is in.

True! Our people leave and never come back. Their kids will never come back too because they can’t even survive the climate in a country that still struggles to provide basic infrastructure and amenities

1 Like

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Minjim: 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2021
NGpatriot:

Not interested in your baseless, ignorant illogical comparisons.

When beaten by a superior logic

But you're interested in comparing Lagos with Rivers - hypocrites !
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by NGpatriot: 7:41pm On Oct 07, 2021
[s]
Minjim:

When beaten by a superior logic

But you're interested in comparing Lagos with Rivers - hypocrites !
[/s]

Not interested in your baseless, ignorant illogical ipobian terrorist comparisons..........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Ovamboland(m): 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2021
Covidodo:

Good you know it expires after 99 years .
The state government only holds the land in trust for the people .
Who are these people ?? YORUBAs

That's the position of the law grin cheesy

Use your tongue to count your teeth cheesy

So all those people buying SW land and developing it to call it no man's land are only doing these for unborn Yoruba children?

Wisdom better pass gragra and chest-beating

1 Like

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Ovamboland(m): 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
Minjim:

So you're saying another person couldn't have done it, or even better?

Eko Atlantic and Lekki Freetrade zone for the affluent.
What about middle and low income that live in Mushin, Alimosho, Badagry, Ikorodu or even Surulere. I've you visited those places lately or they aren't part of Lagos?

Please, I know the inner workings of Lagos politics and I know that we deserve better

There have been over 100 other governors of the 36 states since 1999, can you point to any that has created a vision that has yielded results close to these? Please also include the 5 or 6 FCT ministers in your searh for visionary leadership
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Ovamboland(m): 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2021
Minjim:

Now I see where we're both getting it wrong.

I wasn't comparing Lagos with ANY state in Nigeria. In fact, it'll be unfair to judge certain states and their governors based on the performance of Lagos.
Lagos generates more than half of the total IGR in Nigeria for Pete sake!

I'm looking outside Nigeria and making my comparison among States in Africa with equal revenue as Lagos.
Take Joburg, Nairobi, Algiers, Cairo or Tunis for instance, I've been to three of these cities and they all have basic amenities that benefits everyone more than Lagos.
In fact, they all have metro lines, constant power, functional water system and more.
I'm an APC member in Lagos and i have people that had contested political offices before. Do you know LGA chairmen remit certain amount monthly to Tinubu so they can go for 2nd term? Also, the Transport Union also do same. Likewise many others. These are revenues meant for the state. And remember this same Tinubu is on an extravagant pension scheme at taxpayers expense.
If Lagos is taking so much from us to live in it, we deserve those things people from those cities i mentioned are enjoying too, or don't we?

Where did you get the information Lagos revenie is anywhere as much as those African cities you listed? can you do a table to compare?

I can tell you for free that Johannesburg revenue is $5Bn for 5m people while Lagos is struggling to see $2bn for 22m people

1 Like

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Minjim: 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2021
Ovamboland:

Where did you get the information Lagos revenie is anywhere as much as those African cities you listed? can you do a table to compare?

I can tell you for free that Johannesburg revenue is $5Bn for 5m people while Lagos is struggling to see $2bn for 22m people

Let me ask you these simple questions.
1. Is high population a blessing or a curse?
2. Are you saying Lagos Government is sheltering, clothing, or feeding Lagosians? Because I don't get what you meant by cater for

I also don't get why you find it convenient to compare Lagos with ANY states in Nigeria but you blame me for comparing Lagos with other African cities.
Lagos is at the right place and also has the market. So why can't we enjoys simple things like water, electricity, good roads and functional transport system. All these are working in cities with lesser IGR in Africa
What should worry us is how Joburg with 6m population is able to do far more than Lagos which is 15m. Where is the money being made from Lagos market size going?

We all know population drives the economy. At least that 's what Lagos and Kano are leveraging on.

If you know the politics of Tinubu in Lagos,you'll know only about a quarter of Lagos revenue is being recorded.

1 Like

Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by Minjim: 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2021
Ovamboland:

There have been over 100 other governors of the 36 states since 1999, can you point to any that has created a vision that has yielded results close to these? Please also include the 5 or 6 FCT ministers in your searh for visionary leadership

Stop comparing Lagos with anywhere in Nigeria. It's unfair.
No state in Nigeria makes a quarter of
what lagos makes.

Let's compare Lagos with citieswithsame
or almost same IGR Let's look at developments on ground and see which is commensurate.
It's 2021, we don't even have constant power and functional water system. These are things that our visionary leaders can't put in place
Re: United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic by AlphaTaikun: 2:52pm On Apr 06, 2022
NGpatriot:

https://punchng.com/u-s-approves-319-million-for-new-consulate-general-in-lagos/
America representing on a robust
scale in Eko Akete... A very strategic diplomatic and business move. Mad cool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Checkout This Throwback Picture Of El-rufai And Wife / How Buhari Got House Leader Job For Gbajabiamila - Vanguard / Buhari Withholds Assent To Electoral Amendment Bill, Gives Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.