Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

I'm Impressed With Responses Of Yoruba Obas On Asiwaju Tinubu's 2023 Presidentia - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I'm Impressed With Responses Of Yoruba Obas On Asiwaju Tinubu's 2023 Presidentia (1018 Views)

Why Tinubu Is Afraid To Speak On Restructuring, Bola Tinubu’s 2023 Presidential / Citizen Quest Impressed With The Quality And Pace Of Work At East-west Road / Tinubu 2023: Makinde Provides Campaign Vehicle For Jagaban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Impressed With Responses Of Yoruba Obas On Asiwaju Tinubu's 2023 Presidentia by CityMirrorNews1: 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2021
I'm Impressed With Responses Of Yoruba Obas On Asiwaju Tinubu's 2023 Presidential Bid- Rotimi Makinde

The presidential ambition of All Progressives Congress (APC) National leader, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu has again gathered momentum just as key Yoruba traditional leaders in Lagos are now throwing their weights behind the agenda.

In what seemed to be unprecedented, the traditional rulers openly and happily endorsed Tinubu whom they believe has everything to govern Nigeria better than any other individual after the end of the tenure of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023. 

South West Agenda for Asiwaju (SWAGA) 2023 has been the group promoting this initiative. SWAGA’23, is a campaign group championing the candidature of the former Lagos State Governor, Tinubu.

The group had commenced a week long sensitization, consultation and mobilisation tour in Lagos since Sunday, October 3, 2021 with visits to traditional rulers in Badagry, Ikeja, and Lagos Divisions, soliciting for their support and the feedbacks have been impressive.

Reacting to the recent development, a former member of House of Representatives in the 7th Assembly, Hon Rotimi Makinde who is a key member of SWAGA 2023 commended the unprecedented approach of the traditional rulers and described them as true custodians of tradition and culture who mean well for Yourba ethnic nationality and Nigeria by extension.

He said,

"I am deeply impressed with the turnout and genuine commitments of our Yoruba traditional rulers, their responses on Asiwaju presidential bid is quite unbelievable, they have proven beyond doubt that they truly mean well for their subjects in the overall good of our nation, Nigeria.

Makinde continued, "this laudable gesture abundantly showed that Yoruba elders and traditional leaders have learned from history and are also saying enough to this curse of every 30, 30 years on us as a people. We are happy that the jinx against Yoruba unity and progress have been finally broken by these highly revered Obas who came out in large numbers from their respective kingdoms and endorsed Asiwaju. I am strongly confident that Asiwaju is the best man for the job and his landslide victory in 2023 can never be controverted."

Read Details Here: http://citymirrornews.com/news/2021/06/im-impressed-with-responses-of-yoruba-obas-on-asiwaju-tinubus-2023-presidential-bid-rotimi-makinde/

Re: I'm Impressed With Responses Of Yoruba Obas On Asiwaju Tinubu's 2023 Presidentia by Xscape1993(m): 7:21pm On Oct 06, 2021
Tinubu for presidency? Funny people will never stop making me to laugh in my local dialect ooo.

(1) (Reply)

timocoms - Stop Yahooing / tptopsy - I'm new; teach me how to do it please / Looking For Yemisi Animashawun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.