Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea (2305 Views)

Invitation To The Launch Of My Book - The Road To Victoria Island / What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene / Chimamanda's New Book: 'The Thing Around Your Neck' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by durojaiyeb: 7:58pm On May 30, 2011
[size=8pt]The ultimate literary event. It's the perfect atmosphere for interaction with books, writers, and ideas.
JUNE 21, 2011
WATCHOUT!
[/size]
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by durojaiyeb: 8:18pm On May 30, 2011

What did they say about hiding things from Nigerians?
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by seeme2(f): 8:35pm On May 30, 2011
grin grin grin
Do you mean to insult us?
durojaiyeb:

What did they say about hiding things from Nigerians?
Well, i guess have seen lotta posters around, tell us what's da bang about? Gonna bring James Hardely Chase to town?
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by Topsido(m): 8:40pm On May 30, 2011
Think d guyz are doin a terrific job publiciaing, but word is; when are u gonna let d cat outta d bag, cos pple like me's got short attention span.
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by durojaiyeb: 8:45pm On May 30, 2011
Just cool down and know we're ocming with a bang for lovers of books and ideas. Date is June d 21st. Miss it, miss out!!
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by durojaiyeb: 8:50pm On May 30, 2011
seeme2:

grin grin grin
Do you mean to insult us?Well, i guess have seen lotta posters around, tell us what's da bang about? Gonna bring James Hardely Chase to town?
Aint insulting you, dude, just wondeing why people didnt reply to this great event on time.
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by ayosmiles(m): 9:13am On May 31, 2011
i can dream it already. imagine the normal pub or cafe settin full of fun nd interaction coupled with an intellectual atmosphere. am i right
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by seeme2(f): 1:44pm On May 31, 2011
I think this is long overdue.
Way to go guys!
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by seeme2(f): 1:46pm On May 31, 2011
I think this is long overdue.
Way to go guys!
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by Topsido(m): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt][b][/b][/size][/size]Get ready for the revolution!
Its no longer 21st but even nearer. IT IS 18TH JUNE, 2011!!!
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by ayosmiles(m): 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2011
Very cool idea, very cool event, very cool atmosphere. I think this will change the stereotype of literature being boring because it's like a blend of creative writing and entertainment
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by durojaiyeb: 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2011
The maiden Literary cafe event is coming up on 21st June, 2011 at Golden Crown Restaurant, Sayyou Plaza, Oyemekun Rd., Akure. Guest writer is Geraldine Iheme, author of "Disfigured Emotions" and former Housemate, Big Brother Africa.

Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by ayosmiles(m): 5:28pm On Jun 02, 2011
That's cool. Many people don't know her for anything else than being a former BBA housemate. People will be able to see her intellectual side. I learnt she's also a guitarist.
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by Topsido(m): 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2011
embarassedMy bad, the event is holding 21st June, 2011 not 18.
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by ayosmiles(m): 8:01am On Jun 03, 2011
fool. u shld have waited 4 d organizers 2 fix a date or are u in his mind
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by Topsido(m): 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2011
ayosmiles:

fool. u shld have waited 4 d organizers 2 fix a date or are u in his mind
Durojaiyeb, u shud know the kinds people u guys wud wanna bounce at d gate.
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by RuuDie(m): 7:34am On Jun 07, 2011
pity i can't make it there in time!

sad
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by seeme2(f): 9:13am On Jun 07, 2011
Durojaiye, i called your number but you aint picking up,
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by ayosmiles(m): 9:13am On Jun 07, 2011
i hope d program is free 2 attend
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by durojaiyeb: 10:42am On Jun 09, 2011
BUMP!
11 DAYS TO GO! wink
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by ayosmiles(m): 7:02am On Jun 10, 2011
durojaiye, whts wrong with ur no.
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by durojaiyeb: 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2011
This is it!

Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by durojaiyeb: 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2011
This is it!

Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by Techwriter: 11:48pm On Jun 17, 2011
when will it hold in Lagos?
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by ayosmiles(m): 9:39am On Jul 03, 2011
The event actually held on the 21st of June in Akure. I was there and it was very interesting.
http://ideologyera..com/2011/07/maiden-literary-cafe-program-holds-in.html
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by Topsido(m): 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2011
Lagos------------we are considering makiing Akure Nigeria's intellectual capital, but as for Lagos, we'd reconsider.
Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by durojaiyeb: 10:59am On Jul 16, 2011
We are back again, this time, with fire!

Time
Thursday, July 21 ยท 3:00pm - 6:00pm
20, Bayode Oluwole Street, by Balogun Str. off Awolowo way, Ikeja, Lagos

For Literary Cafe: A date with the book, the pen and the idea
Guest Writer is ONYEKA NWELEUE, Author of the Abyssinian boy and others.

Re: Literary Cafe: A Date With The Book, The Pen, And Idea by ayosmiles(m): 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Madness On The Highway / Nikki Sixx's The Heroin Diaries #7 On The New York Times Best Seller List / A Short Story "LOST"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.