Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Bakeries Shutting Down Because Of CBN Policies - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bakeries Shutting Down Because Of CBN Policies (657 Views)

For Bakeries In Need Of Bakers (osun & Ibadan) / NAFDAC Shuts 47 Bakeries, Water Factories In Maiduguri During Routine Inspection / 6 Bakeries In Lagos Where You Can Get Quality Bread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakeries Shutting Down Because Of CBN Policies by lalasticlala(m): 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
As shared by Morgenstern O. @Mandelamakinde:

Many bakers would be shutting down their bakeries this week, I for one would be closing down mine.

We have basically ran at a loss for the past 7 months, been keeping it open with personal funds just so my workers would have a Job, but at this moment we have no other Choice

1.. The Flour prices have consistently continued to rise exponentially this year, since wheat importers started to source their Fx from the black market, and thus its us who have to keep the price for the end users minimal that have had to suffer the effects of this policy..

2.. Like Many manufacturers who deal with the end users FMCGs and the likes, many have played with volume in order to keep the price steady, some are beginning to add dangerous items such as "Bromate and Sacarine" to keep their prices low..

3.. For me I'll rather shut down like most bakeries, than join the profit bandwagon.. so we would be contributing additional 25 workers to the unemployment market this week.. maybe things would pick up after 2023 then whoever is in the country then would open it..

4.. If we don't convert the building...anyways that's that for that.. This mornings rant was brought to you by "Interesting economic policies of the current Administration "...

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1445311715281756160.html

Felix Leo D @Phellixleo
Replying to @Mandelamakinde wrote:

"I shutdown mine in February this year after battling with crazy increase in prices of all baking items since March 2020. I concluded no way out of any problem from this @MBuhari Govt. You have made the right choice and I wish you best."

Re: Bakeries Shutting Down Because Of CBN Policies by bayobabe(f): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2021
Re: Bakeries Shutting Down Because Of CBN Policies by TarOrfeeek: 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2021
Gen. Failure thinks eating bread is the product of corruption

And in his haste to wage economic Jihad on Southern Christians, he assisted in the total destruction of our maize production.

Cassava flour, a much greater substitute for Maize/Flour, which GEJ smartly introduced has been abandoned by Gen. Failure.

Gen. Failure and his team mates of rampaging Jihadists have been working overtime to ensure Farmers have zero yield and starvation is enthroned in Southern Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakeries Shutting Down Because Of CBN Policies by TarOrfeeek: 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2021
When Rice became the food of the ultra rich, cursed BMC vermin asked - must we eat rice?

Beans has been smartly hiked (In economic Jihad style) - they asked same thing.

Now that the cheapest agent bread is N200, I am really curious to see the wonderful stupidity that will ooze out of their anally placed brains.

Animals who have sold their souls for N30,000.
Re: Bakeries Shutting Down Because Of CBN Policies by superintendents(m): 9:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
my former boss come to mind,ahhh las las bread go cost again,imagined that #100 weyy look like old woman breast lol,
Re: Bakeries Shutting Down Because Of CBN Policies by budaatum: 9:40pm On Oct 06, 2021
So, basically, we Nigerians can not grow flour from wheat without CBN.
Re: Bakeries Shutting Down Because Of CBN Policies by Mayour11(m): 10:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
Another one
Re: Bakeries Shutting Down Because Of CBN Policies by kilisi(m): 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
d
Re: Bakeries Shutting Down Because Of CBN Policies by starbuck(f): 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
This is already on front page na
Re: Bakeries Shutting Down Because Of CBN Policies by BigYash: 11:34pm On Oct 06, 2021
Sai baba there.. Sombori shout Next Level. Somebori shout 4+4+4 grin .. Who say things dey expensive for Nigeria? Fake news.. No let Lai Mohammed hear o... He will suspend the word "expensive" o..
Malami go join,sanate go stamp am rubber.
Meanwhile, if things are expensive in your areas.
Meet zombies,they have a place where they buy things at cheap rate in Nigeria. Bubu built a special mall for them in their various homes..
Bread of #350 don near 1k.. But zombies dey buy m at a more subsidized rate of #50. Them no dey buy fuel,na free at any fuel station. They go to any market and they are given food items,them no dey buy..
Zombies must get sense by force... grin

(1) (Reply)

Shark Drinks 4 Sale / Affordable Baby Products / Shark Energy Drink 4 Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.