Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Mistaken Of Identification - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mistaken Of Identification (53696 Views)

DNA Evidence On Mistaken Of Identification / You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport / Use Ecowas Passport For Identification In The Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by chatinent: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2021
daintyprincess:

He said he's appealing so he has a room already, I think. And please when at the appeal court, these documents you are talking about here should be tendered. Don't let what happened before repeat itself, please.

Cause it's a different thing to drop evidences here for us and you don't present it at court. We won't be the one to judge the case

We can use social media and as someone suggested human rights radio.

Since you are sure he may be innocent, let's push for a path to be followed

The remaining docs are yet to be dropped

Ibime, I saw your comments at a point, what do you think about the whole situation with the few documents at our disposal
Yes. I should have posted the docs. I checked my mail and it didn't attach to the post he felt he did. He said he'll resend.
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by daintyprincess(f): 11:58am On Oct 10, 2021
chatinent:

Yes. I should have posted the docs. I checked my mail and it didn't attach to the post he felt he did. He said he'll resend.

I think majority of us are even bothered about the rape issue, looking at that list the lawyer posted, we can see some other charges, who committed those one. Cause I can see terroristic something and false imprisonment, how about those ones.

Cause this bulky sentence isn't for the rape alone, other offenses should be included in the sentence, I think

What do you have to say about the other charges, sir

2 Likes

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Ibime(m): 12:29pm On Oct 10, 2021
daintyprincess:

He said he's appealing so he has a room already, I think. And please when at the appeal court, these documents you are talking about here should be tendered. Don't let what happened before repeat itself, please.

Cause it's a different thing to drop evidences here for us and you don't present it at court. We won't be the one to judge the case

We can use social media and as someone suggested human rights radio.

Since you are sure he may be innocent, let's push for a path to be followed

The remaining docs are yet to be dropped

Ibime, I saw your comments at a point, what do you think about the whole situation with the few documents at our disposal

The guy looks innocent to me. Legal professionals in the USA should throw hands into the matter. Wheels of justice and appeals processes grind slowly in USA. Na for advocates to make noise and to appeal to celebrities on both sides of the Atlantic to push the matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by daintyprincess(f): 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
Powerhouse5050:

To answer your question

1, Yes I came to US just to buy vehicles, I live and work in Tokyo Japan
2, I was long alone,no friends and no visitor
3, I realized most of the attornies just want to negotiate plea deal,most times the DA used your own attorney to trick you into taking pleas...
I knew I was going to fight and it takes long time to get anthe right attorney, ...

I was in jail for 3 years and I saw how people lives were traded and manipulated I wasn't going down like that

Did you at any point work in Houston?

1 Like

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by daintyprincess(f): 12:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ibime:

The guy looks innocent to me. Legal professionals in the USA should throw hands into the matter. Wheels of justice and appeals processes grind slowly in USA. Na for advocates to make noise and to appeal to celebrities on both sides of the Atlantic to push the matter.
Okay sir

We'll try and make noise about it here

Waiting for more evidences to be dropped and questions answered.

Thanks for your input

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by chatinent: 12:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
daintyprincess:

I think majority of us are even bothered about the rape issue, looking at that list the lawyer posted, we can see some other charges, who committed those one. Cause I can see terroristic something and false imprisonment, how about those ones.

Cause this bulky sentence isn't for the rape alone, other offenses should be included in the sentence, I think

Every charge there is from the rape incidence, during the whole act. The law calculated every legal damage/injury that occurred during the act.

Those charges didn't mean Mr. Bar had previous crimes, no. Those are legal injuries during the act of rape, by the rapist who raped the victim....even though it was graven when the Court felt that Mr. Bar wasn't remorseful. But can sb be remorseful for what they didn't do?

For example, by raping sb, you are liable for false imprisonment. You restricted the freedom of that person with nowhere to escape...and that's unlawful.

More so, the victim is a minor.

2 Likes

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Ibime(m): 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
chatinent:

Every charge there is from the rape incidence, during the whole act. The law calculated every legal damage/injury that occurred during the act.

Those charges didn't mean Mr. Bar had previous crimes, no. Those are legal injuries during the act of rape, by the rapist who raped the victim....even though it was graven when the Court felt that Mr. Bar wasn't remorseful. But can sb be remorseful for what they didn't do?

For example, by raping sb, you are liable for false imprisonment. You restricted the freedom of that person with nowhere to escape...and that's unlawful.

More so, the victim is a minor.

Did he have a black lawyer? I don't see how a black lawyer would have fumbled all these evidence or let the Judge bully him into making them inadmissible.
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Powerhouse5050: 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ibime:

Did he have a black lawyer? I don't see how a black lawyer would have fumbled all these evidence or let the Judge bully him into making them inadmissible.

The first 3 attornies were white male but the current attorney is black female

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Ibime(m): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2021
Powerhouse5050:

The first 3 attornies were white male but the current attorney is black female

I believe she will do a better job and a Judge will be more careful about bullying her into overlooking these evidence.

How long is the appeals process?

1 Like

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by daddytime(m): 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2021
daintyprincess:

They had to broaden their dragnet because if op is able to prove his innocence and eventually gets off the hook on the rape charges, I'm assuming they'll find something else to hold him by.

They could ask for his source of funds for the vehicle purchases and charge him with money laundering or something close.

I pray he gets help.

1 Like

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Powerhouse5050: 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ibime:

I believe she will do a better job and a Judge will be more careful about bullying her into overlooking these evidence.

How long is the appeals process?

9-12 months

1 Like

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Obakovicho: 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
Powerhouse5050:

9-12 months
My take is this the parents were paid, subpoena their accounts 6 months before and after your case, there must be a loose end somewhere. You can add the daughters account too, look at her boy friends have u had any dealings with them? While in japan did u do business with the TRIADS and tried to outsmart dem?
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by chatinent: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ibime:

I really don't know about his previous lawyers. But I think it's not the problem...the problem is the people the lawyers are trying to talk to in Court.
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Mayhem1: 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2021
GeneralPula:
You didn’t mention what exactly was it that they framed you for?

Was it killing? Kidnapping? Rape? Money laundry? Banditry? Unknown Gun Men?

Which of the atrocities exactly?
You think say dem dey do all this one for abroad grin
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Ibime(m): 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
Powerhouse5050:

9-12 months

Hopefully this will be resolved in that time
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Mayhem1: 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2021
ccollins:
the op is a deceptive criminal and is still deceitfully looking for help from his posts.typical Nigerian local mindset to not take absolute responsibility for a inhumane crime but to obdurately be looking for a conduit to elope from the crime done. Beware that the op is a criminal looking to dodge his actions
shocked shocked shocked Wahala be like bicycle
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Ibime(m): 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
daintyprincess:

Those are all part of the same incident

A man who stops a girl and doesn't let her go her way is false imprisonment, while threatening her to comply is terroristic threat

3 Likes

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Powerhouse5050: 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
Chatinent is sharing more evidences on the other thread.....please take your time to look at them

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Atk1nson(m): 6:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
1stGenAmerican:

You are not being truthful about several things.

Are you stating that you and those privy to the case were never shown the surveillance video? If you are then that is an outright lie on your part.

In the US, your phone’s GPS is not very important since it can be manipulated and spoofed by the owner of the phone. What is admissible and stands in court are the pings from your phone to cell towers and these records are subpoenaed from mobile carriers. The ping records show the coordinates of each and every cell tower a phone has connected to.

Cell tower records provided by 2 US carriers put you in the exact location of the crime at the exact time that it was committed.

@Powerhouse5050 I think you should respond to the several points raised by this poster. The bolded is just one of such. Surprisingly you admitted guilt and asked to be deported shocked . Still cant understand this, because in setting your sentence, the judge particularly raised the point you asked to rather be returned to Nigeria, than rather try to clear your name there.

Then why exactly are you making large purchases with cash? even in Nigeria here it is highly suspicious to buy 6 cars with cash shocked. You need to be more open with exactly what happened

3 Likes

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Atk1nson(m): 6:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
daintyprincess:

They are likely all related charges....a person who kills another person may be charged with up to 4 or 5 charges ranging from assualt, battery, kidnapping...e.t.c

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by daintyprincess(f): 6:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
Atk1nson:

@Powerhouse5050 I think you should respond to the several points raised by this poster. The bolded is just one of such. Surprisingly you admitted guilt and asked to be deported shocked . Still cant understand this, because in setting your sentence, the judge particularly raised the point you asked to rather be returned to Nigeria, than rather try to clear your name there.

Then why exactly are you making large purchases with cash? even in Nigeria here it is highly suspicious to buy 6 cars with cash shocked. You need to be more open with exactly what happened
From the replies I got, he didn't plead guilty. The court pronounced him guilty and passed judgement and he asked to be deported.

He didn't have a lawyer and was defending himself at that point
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2021
daintyprincess:

From the replies I got, he didn't plead guilty. The court pronounced him guilty and passed judgement and he asked to be deported.

He didn't have a lawyer and was defending himself at that point

Wrong. Every person accused of a crime in the US is entitled to a trial. Courts cannot just pronounce guilt and pass judgement. He received a trial with a jury of 12 different people from all walks of life. Yes he did have a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Mistaken Of Identification by daintyprincess(f): 8:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
1stGenAmerican:

Wrong. Every person accused of a crime in the US is entitled to a trial. Courts cannot just pronounce guilt and pass judgement. He received a trial with a jury of 12 different people from all walks of life. Yes he did have a lawyer.
Talking from what I read here about what happened on the day judgement was passed.

You can scroll up a little, chatinent posted it
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
daintyprincess:

Talking from what I read here about what happened on the day judgement was passed.

You can scroll up a little, chatinent posted it

He received a jury trial. In addition to everything else, he was found guilty by a jury of his peers. The JURY convicted him. The judge’s job was to sentence him if the JURY found him guilty or FREE HIM if the jury found him not guilty. That is what you all aren’t understanding.

I really don’t need to scroll up to anything because I have paid access to the database in which the 1200+ page case transcript is stored.
I do hope that someone else has or can afford to get the access because within those 1200+ pages is the truth.

Good luck.
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by chatinent: 8:33pm On Oct 10, 2021
1stGenAmerican:

He received a jury trial. In addition to everything else, he was found guilty by a jury of his peers. The JURY convicted him. The judge’s job was to sentence him if the JURY found him guilty or FREE HIM if the jury found him not guilty. That is what you all aren’t understanding.

I really don’t need to scroll up to anything because I have paid access to the database in which the 1200+ page case transcript is stored.
I do hope that someone else has or can afford to get the access because within those 1200+ pages is the truth.

Good luck.

May I contact you?
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
I feel your pains and I know what you are clamoring for.i hope you are granted it.So the whole world can see and for you to also exonerate yourself if you are innocent.i have read everything, I cannot say you are innocent or not.but I have understood what you are fighting for.i wish everyone can see that too.I don't really get why it is life imprisonment
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Powerhouse5050: 10:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
daintyprincess:

Did you at any point work in Houston?

I visited Houston ....
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by daintyprincess(f): 11:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
Powerhouse5050:

I visited Houston ....
Have you by chance seen the comment section of the Linda Ikeji page that has this story. It was posted here and someone commented that he knows and has worked with you in Houston?

What do you have to say about that
I'll tag you to it soon
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by daintyprincess(f): 11:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
Comanche:
Guys see what i found on LIB comment section.
Powerhouse5050

Click on the name, it'll take you to the person's post
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Powerhouse5050: 11:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
I have just finished arranging the 3rd batch of my evidence......it will be posted tomorrow.... I will like everybody to please wait for these with patience......

These are the evidences that showed my activities at the time of the supposed crime and it also proves my alibi

The evidence was produced by the prosecution in the hope that it will implicate me but to God be the glory the evidence is actually in my favour.

Thank you everyone
Re: Mistaken Of Identification by Powerhouse5050: 11:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
daintyprincess:

Powerhouse5050

Click on the name, it'll take you to the person's post

Yeah I read the comment on LIB and honestly I knew who it was.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? / Indian Driver Allows His Monkey To Drive The Bus On A Busy Road / Why US Is Mulling Visa Ban On Nigeria, By Diplomatic Sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.