Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? (591 Views)

Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? / No Be Me Kill Jesus: Man Seen Eating During A Church Service / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by Preciousgirl(f): 6:10am On Oct 07, 2021
John 8:58-59
[58] Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

[59] Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

HE SIMPLY SAID BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS, I AM BUT WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO KILL HIM ? LETS HAVE YOUR THOUGHTS
Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by Felimax(m): 6:13am On Oct 07, 2021
They understood that to mean Jesus was claiming to be GOD and i don't think there was another better reason why they killed him.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by youngest85(m): 6:20am On Oct 07, 2021
They took it as blasphemy coz they saw Abraham like second to God
Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by Preciousgirl(f): 6:47am On Oct 07, 2021
Felimax:
They understood that to mean Jesus was claiming to be GOD and i don't think there was another better reason why they killed him.

Okay
Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by Preciousgirl(f): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2021
youngest85:
They took it as blasphemy coz they saw Abraham like second to God

Any references for your claim?
Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by helinues: 6:57am On Oct 07, 2021
Son of God dodging stones.

Hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by advanceDNA: 7:06am On Oct 07, 2021
Preciousgirl:

[58] Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

[59] Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

HE SIMPLY SAID BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS, I AM BUT WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO KILL HIM ? LETS HAVE YOUR THOUGHTS

Jesus had already gave them a hint in verse 56 that he was no ordinary man when he claimed Abraham sef was rejoicing becos he saw him..

He just nailed the coffin in verse 59..that he had long been existing before Abraham...he simply unambigously claimed and confirmed his divinity or Godship.... Like youngest85 said....that's blasphemy in the eyes of the Jews....

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by hisgrace090: 7:28am On Oct 07, 2021
Some truth are very hard for man to stand.
Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by oaroloye(m): 7:40am On Oct 07, 2021
Preciousgirl:

THEY WANTED TO KILL LORD YESHUA BECAUSE THEY WERE A BUNCH OF [ADJECTIVES INCOMPATIBLE WITH NAIRALAND TERMS OF SERVICE,] MURDERING SCUM.

Those who stoned Sinners got to share their loot. This was the motive for trying to trap people into sayings that would provide a pretext for executing them.

Lord Yeshua's statement has multiple interpretations, but the murderers only cared about the ones that justified killing him.
Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by bobestman(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2021
Jesus is a plagiarism of a Hebrew man or Messiah. He was an impostor some thieves (the Vatican) gave the stories and exploits of that Hebrew man they murdered many years back. He is just an Actor acting on a Script given to him by the Vatican about that Hebrew man who is still unknown to the world cos all believed Jesus was the original not knowing he was just an Impostor.

He was telling them that he had existed since creation and have incarnated many times on earth even before Abraham was born. Now, if we teach you about Incarnation/Reincarnation, you all will call it demonic in your Churchian minds but can't see it in all your Bibles.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by sonmvayina(m): 10:03am On Oct 07, 2021
bobestman:
Jesus is a plagiarism of a Hebrew man or Messiah. He was an impostor some thieves (the Vatican) gave the stories and exploits of that Hebrew man they murdered many years back. He is just an Actor.

He was telling them that he had existed since creation and have incarnated many times on earth even before Abraham was born. Now, if we teach you about Incarnation/Reincarnation, you all will call it demonic in your Churchian minds but can't see it in all your Bibles.

The more they look the less they see.

Jesus is just a Roman creation

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by bobestman(m): 10:19am On Oct 07, 2021
sonmvayina:

The more they look the less they see.

Jesus is just a Roman creation
Then don chop their head (brainwash them with false stories). E remain small their eyes go clear

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by Singlenhappy(f): 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2021
Preciousgirl:

their anger was that he was claiming to be older than Abraham simple!

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by Janosky: 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
Felimax:
John 20:17 and Revelation 3:12, did Jesus Christ proven your claim is FALSE?
Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by Janosky: 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2021
hisgrace090:
Some truth are very hard for man to stand.
John 20:17 on earth and Revelation 3:12 in heaven, is this truth shared by Jesus Christ easy for you to understand?
Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by Janosky: 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
Preciousgirl:

John 8:38 NLT

I am telling you what I saw when I was with my Father. [/i]But you are following the advice of your father"

[i]Is your " I am" telling you what he saw when he was with his Father?

@ John 8:38, Jesus Christ proven your Trinitarian claims @verse 58 is FALSE.

Trinitarian devotees DECEIVING themselves, @ John 8:38,58 ,How many "I am" are in heaven?
Re: Why Did The Jews Want To Kill Jesus When He Said This? by Janosky: 7:38pm On Oct 07, 2021
Preciousgirl:

John 19:7, & John 10:35-36, did Jesus Christ & your Bible proven that the Jews made a FALSE claim?
Yes.

John 8:38 NLT

I am telling you what I saw when I was with my Father. [/i]But you are following the advice of your father"

[i]Is your " I am" telling you what he saw when he was with his Father?

@ John 8:38, Jesus Christ proven your Trinitarian claims @verse 58 is FALSE.

Trinitarian devotees DECEIVING themselves, @ John 8:38,58 ,How many "I am" are in heaven?

(1) (Reply)

HELP: Series Of Demonic Attacks / He Made Them Male And Female. / I'm A Non Believer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.