Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. (2559 Views)

This Is The One Thing That Science Cannot Achieve But God Can / Why Science Is More Powerful Than God With An Experiment. / Everything We Have Today In Science Cannot Work If The Earth Is Truly 6000years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Workch: 9:37am On Oct 07, 2021
Genesis has a specific order of things.

God creates heaven and earth. Earth was formless and a void, and there was darkness and water.
1st day: God creates light, and divides day from night.
2nd day: God creates a firmament, separating waters above from water below. He also calls the firmament “Heaven”.
3rd day: God separates the waters below into one place so that dry land appears. He then creates grass, herbs, fruit-trees (i.e. flowering trees).
4th day: God creates stars, the Sun and the Moon.
5th day: God creates wild animals.
6th day: God creates domesticated animals and humans.
Big Bang cosmology, stellar formation, abiogenesis and theory of evolution has a completely different view of things:

The universe comes to be. How it happened is unknown. It is by this time incredibly small, smaller than an atom. We know this because the Cosmic Microwave Background is incredibly smooth in temperature.
Inflation epoch. The universe expands rapidly. We know this because of the minute fluctuations in the CMB that are frozen in time.
Matter forms. First as gluon/quark plasma, then as regular plasma. Nucleosynthesis happens and the first elements (deuterium, tritium, helium, beryllium, lithium) forms. Nucleosynthesis happens at about 2–20 minutes after the bang.
Recombination: free electrons and atomic nuclei forms up to form gas, rather than plasma. The universe clears up. CMB is the afterglow of this event. This happens about 380,000 years after the bang.
Dark ages of the universe. No stars have yet formed.
The first stars light up. Population III stars probably burn fast and furious and then explodes, causing heavier elements and leaving neutron stars behind. Population II stars follow, and burn slower, also causing heavier elements and leaving white dwarfs and neutron stars behind. This happened about 0.5–1 billion years after the bang.
Neutron stars collide, some white dwarfs steals matter from neighbouring stars to then explode. These explosions causes the heaviest elements to form.
Population I stars form, with planetary disks formed by the heavier elements.
On one such planet around one such star, life appears. Exactly how is unknown, although we have some pretty good ideas of the general process, from simple chemistry to complex chemistry, chemistry complexes, self-replicating chemistry complexes and chemistry complexes with metabolism in some order, life-like complexes, and then life. This happened about 3.5–4 billion years ago.
Evolution of single-celled organisms. Photosynthesis happens. The Great Oxygenation Event happens, killing off almost all life. Eukaryotes evolve as a response, about 1.2 billion years ago.
Multicellular life evolves, first as colonies, then as multi-celled creatures.
Life colonises the surface, first as lichen, then as other flower-less plants. Eventually, sea creatures evolve to live on land, around 600 million years ago.
Land animals diversifies through evolution. Mammals branch off from reptiles about 240 million years ago. Birds branch off from dinosaurs about 70 million years ago. Flowering plants appear.
One particular branch of mammals evolve intelligence, tool making, abstract language and upright stance, starting from about 3–7 million years ago. Our particular species appear 150,000 years ago. They start to domesticate animals and plants, starting with dogs around 20,000–40,000 years ago. Plants were domesticated around 13,000 years ago.
To reconcile these two views of how the universe and us came to be requires a lot of squinting. I’m not talking about the “day” thing in Genesis; that is a particular use in English, and the Hebrew word can be interpreted as “era” or “epoch” rather than “day”.

However, Genesis and science do not agree on the order or even on the nature of things. For example, the Genesis story explicitly says that fruit-bearing trees (i.e. flowering trees) appear before animals; however, fruits are linked to flowers, and flowers require something to do pollination (insects or small birds) which are only created the following day. The Genesis story also places the creation of domesticated animals before the creation of humans; from archaeology and anthropology, we know that wolves were the first animal to be domesticated to dogs by humans. I won’t mention the “day” thing

So in order to make the Genesis story compatible with the evidence at hand, you have to squint a lot and assume that the Bible authors completely misunderstood when God tried to teach them about big bang cosmology, astrophysics and biology. But hey, that’s at least expected by bronze-age goat-herders who have barely invented writing.

1 Like

Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Ammishaddai: 9:41am On Oct 07, 2021
More assumptions that haven't been proven
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Workch: 9:44am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
More assumptions that haven't been proven
point to any assumption in the scientific explanations and I will give you evidence.

N\B: But please don’t respond if you don’t know science because you are going to be humiliated
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Ammishaddai: 9:46am On Oct 07, 2021
Workch:
point to any assumption in the scientific explanations and I will give you evidence.

N\B: But please don’t respond if you don’t know science because you are going to be humiliated
You're not giving any evidence because science was founded on already established laws of nature . These already established laws are the excuses you give for debunking the creation of the universe through a God . And to me, that's a lot of bullshit any 10 year old can't buy happily

1 Like

Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by SSIPON(m): 9:49am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You're not giving any evidence because the science was founded on already established laws of nature . These already established laws are the excuses you give science debunking the creation of the universe through a God

What law of nature tells you that humans can live up to 900 years old?
What law of nature tells you that a single man named all the animals in the world, even the ones that went extinct before the dawn of man (I'm talking about dinosaurs).
What law of nature tells you that a human can turn into salt?
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Ammishaddai: 9:50am On Oct 07, 2021
[s]
SSIPON:

What law of nature tells you that humans can live up to 900 years old?
What law of nature tells you that a single man named all the animals in the world, even the ones that went extinct before the dawn of man (I'm talking about dinosaurs).
What law of nature tells you that a human can turn into salt?
[/s] Your argument is based on laws that actually have no evidences to back their claims. In fact , they lack the necessary proof and merit to even safely call them fvcking assumptions
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by SSIPON(m): 9:52am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Your argument is based on this that have no evidences . They lack proof and merit. In fact, we can safely call them fvcking assumptions

Hold on, I don't understand? Are you a young earth creationist? Maybe I misunderstood your initial post, I thought you were trying to defend the creation story or something. Because I know there is no evidence to back it up.
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by SSIPON(m): 9:55am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Your argument is based on laws that actually have no evidences to back their claims. In fact , they lack the necessary proof and merit to even safely call them fvcking assumptions

What is the proof of a man that lived up to 900 years?
What is the proof of a woman turning into salt?
Of all the creation stories out there, what is the criteria that makes the middle eastern Adam and Eve story true and the rest false? Especially given the fact that they provide no evidence to back up any of their claims.
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Ammishaddai: 9:56am On Oct 07, 2021
SSIPON:

Hold on, I don't understand? Are you a young earth creationist? Maybe I misunderstood your initial post, I thought you were trying to defend the creation story or something. Because I know there is no evidence to back it up.
Oga, I believe you can read . So spare me the inconveniences of educating you on the basics of grammar and comprehension.

Now kindly prove that these scientific laws you stated are established truths and not assumptions
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Ammishaddai: 10:02am On Oct 07, 2021
[s]
SSIPON:

What is the proof of a man that lived up to 900 years?
What is the proof of a woman turning into salt?
Of all the creation stories out there, what is the criteria that makes the middle eastern Adam and Eve story true and the rest false? Especially given the fact that they provide no evidence to back up any of their claims.
[/s]This is hypocritically thinking and it smells of low class foolishness .

You never met Charles Darwin, but you believe in his theory of evolution through his writeups that contain the historical crap you want to believe in . So why shouldn't I believe the same of the bible or Koran or any other historical document...? undecided

1 Like

Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by SSIPON(m): 10:05am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Oga, I believe you can read . So spare me the inconveniences of educating you on the basics of grammar and comprehension.

So kindly prove that these scientific laws you stated are established truths and not assumptions

Science doesn't make assumptions. Religion makes assumptions.
Science comes up with a hypothesis and works to prove it, a proven hypothesis is called a theory. Science is open, Religion is close-minded. Science is willing to mistakes and makes corrections, Religion on the other hand doesn't ever wants to admit mistakes. Science is not perfect and it's still learning.

Your Bible claims that God brought all the animals in the world before Adam and asked him to name them. But we know that Dinosaurs went extinct long before modern humans, so the things is not adding up. The Adam and Eve story you are sharing was likely not even meant to be taken seriously.

Earth is over 4 Billion years old. Earth began life as a molten hell. We know life began in water. Your Bible tells you it all began in a middle eastern garden. We know that earth is about 4 Billion years old, so when did the Adam and Eve story happen? Should we take the 6-day creation story literally? As in that god created everything sequentially within a literal 6 day period? We know that earth's oxygenation by cyanobacteria happened around 1-2 billion years ago, so it is impossible for any oxygen breathing animal (humans included) to have existed around that time.

Then we start to bring up the case of life beyond earth, there are planets that are way way older than the earth. The conditions for life as we know it have been in place for about 8 billion years, meaning there could be lifeforms out there that are more advanced than earthlings. There is even a greater chance of us finding microscopic lifeforms beyond earth.

2 Likes

Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by SSIPON(m): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s]This hypocritically thinking and smells of low class foolishness .

You never met Charles Darwin, but you believe in his theory of evolution through his writeups that contain the historical crap you want to believe in . So why shouldn't I believe the same of the bible or Koran or any other historical document...? undecided
Ogbeni there are other creation stories out there, what is the criteria for picking one and believing it and disregarding the others.
Evolution is a theory, yes, but so is Gravity. Lol you are butthurt because Evolution makes your creation story sound foolish.

More and more evidences for evolution are discovered every day. Evolution is literally the reason why we understand biology, viruses and our anatomy a little better. If you want to disregard science, why don't you disregard it as a whole? Why do you cherry pick the parts you accept? So let me get things straight, in your twisted mind, science is wrong if it doesn't follow what your religion says? Okay o.
I know you are angry because if we start tracing the origins of life now, there is a good chance we won't bounce back to a couple in a garden. Stay angry cheesy cheesy grin

Oh I forgot to add, If you have any tangible evidence against evolution, why don't you bring it forward, have it peer reviewed and collect your Nobel prize.

1 Like

Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Ammishaddai: 10:12am On Oct 07, 2021
[s]
SSIPON:

Science doesn't make assumptions. Religion makes assumptions.
Science comes up with a hypothesis and works to prove it, a proven hypothesis is called a theory. Science is open, Religion is close-minded. Science is willing to mistakes and makes corrections, Religion on the other hand doesn't ever wants to admit mistakes. Science is not perfect and it's still learning.

Your Bible claims that God brought all the animals in the world before Adam and asked him to name them. But we know that Dinosaurs went extinct long before modern humans, so the things is not adding up. The Adam and Eve story you are sharing was likely not even meant to be taken seriously.

Earth is over 4 Billion years old. Earth began life as a molten hell. We know life began in water. Your Bible tells you it all began in a middle eastern garden. We know that earth is about 4 Billion years old, so when did the Adam and Eve story happen? Should we take the 6-day creation story literally? As in that god created everything sequentially within a literal 6 day period? We know that earth's oxygenation by cyanobacteria happened around 1-2 billion years ago, so it is impossible for any oxygen breathing animal (humans included) to have existed around that time.

Then we start to bring up the case of life beyond earth, there are planets that are way way older than the earth. The conditions for life as we know it have been in place for about 8 billion years, meaning there could be lifeforms out there that are more advanced than earthlings. There is even a greater chance of us finding microscopic lifeforms beyond earth.
[/s] You're making assumptions you can't even prove. Science is the father of assumptions that's why you have modified theories being conducted every bloody century. For example , in the 18th century, it was assumed that gases could be could exist in ideal states , and scientists at that time thought to establish relationships between ideality and real gases . But later, it was discover than there are compressiblity factors that determine the state of a gases. Thus debunking the previous assumption .

So this goes to show that science is based on assumptions that dont tell the whole story . Why? Because it doesn't have a total understanding of the way the universe works . And until it does, everything it does will be based on faulty assumptions that can never be proven...
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Wawelexy(m): 10:12am On Oct 07, 2021
Stop typing jargons
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Ammishaddai: 10:16am On Oct 07, 2021
[s]
SSIPON:

Ogbeni there are other creation stories out there, what is the criteria for picking one and believing it and disregarding the others.
Evolution is a theory, yes, but so is Gravity. Lol you are butthurt because Evolution makes your creation story sound foolish.

More and more evidences for evolution are discovered every day. Evolution is literally the reason why we understand biology, viruses and our anatomy a little better. If you want to disregard science, why don't you disregard it as a whole? Why do you cherry pick the parts you accept? So let me get things straight, in your twisted mind, science is wrong if it doesn't follow what your religion says? Okay o.
I know you are angry because if we start tracing the origins of life now, there is a good chance we won't bounce back to a couple in a garden. Stay angry cheesy cheesy grin

Oh I forgot to add, If you have any tangible evidence against evolution, why don't you bring it forward, have it peer reviewed and collect your Nobel prize.
[/s] You're talking rubbish as usual . Science thrives on assumption that haven't been proven . And yet you're celebrating on that myopic stance ? No wonder people like you keep dying in ignorance ...
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by SSIPON(m): 10:16am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You're making assumptions you can't even prove. Science is the father of assumptions that's why you have modified theories being conducted every bloodu century. For example , in the 18th century, it was thought that gases could be could exist in ideal states and scientists then thought to establish relationships between ideality and real gases . But later it was discover than there are compressiblity factors that determine the state in which a gases may exist. Thus debunking the previous assumption .

So this goes to show that science is based on assumptions that dont tell the whole story . Why? Because it doesn't have a total understanding of the way the universe works . And until it does, everything it does will be based on faulty assumptions that can never be proven...

What is the difference between Science and religion? Science is not afraid of mistakes. Your religion literally tells you that if two animals are mating in front of crossed sticks, then their offspring will be striped. Your religion is so sensitive to criticism that it hates knowledge. If I ask you, be truthful to yourself, what you have against Darwin.... if you search your heart you will know that You truly have nothing against him except for the fact that He made a scientific discovery that your religion is not comfortable with.

Religion is the king of assumptions and confirmation bias. Oya proof the existence of ghosts, you can't. But you want me to believe u. When science makes assumptions about something, it makes educated guesses and it doesn't ask you to believe or accept it, until there is enough evidence to back it up. Stay angry boss.
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by SSIPON(m): 10:18am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You're talking rubbish as usual . Science thrives on assumption that haven't been proven . And yet you're celebrating on that myopic stance ? No wonder people like you keep dying in ignorance ...

Says the guy typing on the internet. A product of science.

We can proof gravity.

You know I have this weird feeling that you are a flat earther. grin

Look you can't live this sort of close-minded life.
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by SSIPON(m): 10:21am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You're talking rubbish as usual . Science thrives on assumption that haven't been proven . And yet you're celebrating on that myopic stance ? No wonder people like you keep dying in ignorance ...

If you fall ill, you will rush to the hospital, the doctor will put you on drip and prescribe drugs to you.

Those drugs and drips are the product of the "assumptions" in science. grin grin

Why don't you go to your pastor and ask him to pray for you?

You can't keep hurting yourself like this man, free yourself of hatred. Imagine getting pissed off at a scientific discovery, simply because it makes you uncomfortable.
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Ammishaddai: 10:23am On Oct 07, 2021
SSIPON:

What is the difference between Science and religion? Science is not afraid of mistakes. Your religion literally tells you that if two animals are mating in front of crossed sticks, then their offspring will be striped. Your religion is so sensitive to criticism that it hates knowledge. If I ask you, be truthful to yourself, what you have against Darwin.... if you search your heart you will know that You truly have nothing against him except for the fact that He made a scientific discovery that your religion is not comfortable with.

Religion is the king of assumptions and confirmation bias. Oya proof the existence of ghosts, you can't. But you want me to believe u. When science makes assumptions about something, it makes educated guesses and it doesn't ask you to believe or accept it, until there is enough evidence to back it up. Stay angry boss.
Oga, there certain phenomenon that don't have logical explanations and even science can attested to this . For example, the Bermuda Triangle is a great mystery that modern day science hasn't proven. Even Pyramids of Gaza , Stonehenge,
The Aztec temples and other are wonders that science is yet decipher how they were arranged or created. Because the knowledge of such was way too advance for people at that time(and even for people in this era grin)

I could go on and on but you will not be convinced because you have an apparent hatred for religion and that's no fault of mine . tongue
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Workch: 10:25am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You're not giving any evidence because science was founded on already established laws of nature . These already established laws are the excuses you give for debunking the creation of the universe through a God . And to me, that's a lot of bullshit any 10 year old can't buy happily
point to any claim in this post that has no evidence.

Try to read it, I known you didn't read the post
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Workch: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Your argument is based on laws that actually have no evidences to back their claims. In fact , they lack the necessary proof and merit to even safely call them fvcking assumptions
What laws, mention the laws.

Tell us the laws, let's hear you
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Ammishaddai: 10:27am On Oct 07, 2021
SSIPON:

If you fall ill, you will rush to the hospital, the doctor will put you on drip and prescribe drugs to you.

Those drugs and drips are the product of the "assumptions" in science. grin grin

Why don't you go to your pastor and ask him to pray for you?

You can't keep hurting yourself like this man, free yourself of hatred. Imagine getting pissed off at a scientific discovery, simply because it makes you uncomfortable.
Baba you dey yarn nonsense ,before medicine came we have been treating ourselves. In fact there are more treatment options available in tradition medicine (that relies on religion) ,than the useless orthodox medicine you fools peddle up and down grin grin grin
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:27am On Oct 07, 2021
Has Science been able to configure the human brains so that humans can willingly surrender harmful weapons and embrace one another peacefully never to think of resolving disputes with weapons? Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

Well that same book (Bible) foretold that man can't live peacefully with one another without the guidance from the Author of the Bible {Genesis 2:17} and ever since mankind has been dominating themselves to ruin {Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9} yet when some humans decided to turn to the book (Bible) a century ago they discovered that humans can form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers even when others around them are still bent on exterminating one another due to lack of Godly wisdom! Hosea 4:6 smiley
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by SSIPON(m): 10:30am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Oga, there certain phenomenon that don't have logical explanations and even science can attested to this . For example, the Bermuda Triangle is a great mystery that modern day science hasn't proven. Even Pyramids of Gaza , Stonehenge,
The Aztec temples and other are wonders that science is yet decipher how they were arranged or created. Because the knowledge of such was way too advance for people at that time(and even for people in this era grin)

I could go on and on but you will not be convinced because you have an apparent hatred for religion and that's no fault of mine . tongue

Wow your Ignorance is amazing.
Excuse sir, did you just say that the Bermuda triangle is a great mystery that modern science cannot explain.
The fact that the area within the Bermuda Triangle is heavily trafficked could account for some of the mystery. Any region with lots of ships going through it is bound to see more accidents than a place with less activity. Pair that with the fact that the Bermuda Triangle is often swept by hurricanes, and it’s not hard to see why ships might occasionally sink there.

Another common explanation for the Bermuda Triangle rests on magnetism. The Earth’s magnetic North Pole isn’t the same as its geographic North Pole, which means that compasses usually don’t point exactly north. Only along what’s known as agonic lines, which line up magnetic and geographic north, are compasses truly accurate.

One agonic line runs from Lake Superior down through the Gulf of Mexico near the Bermuda Triangle. One theory holds that mariners, usually accustomed to accounting for a discrepancy in their compass readings, may make mistakes when very near to the agonic line that lead them astray. Paired with the often shallow waters of the island-strewn Caribbean Sea, navigational errors could lead to boats running aground on hidden shoals.

Another theory posits that the Bermuda Triangle might be home to a large-scale magnetic anomaly, a region where the Earth’s magnetic field lines are warped and twisted. This, too, could cause navigational mistakes. But, as others have noted, there’s no evidence the Bermuda Triangle contains any unusual magnetic disturbances, something that’s clear when looking at a magnetic map of the region.

More recently, some scientists have suggested that ship sinkings in the Bermuda Triangle could be due to massive bubbles released from undersea methane deposits. The seafloor in the region is known to contain large pockets of gas that could be released suddenly, turning the ocean into a frothy soup that swallows ships. A similar process likely created huge seafloor craters near Norway.

But though the mechanism itself makes sense, there’s no evidence of any recent methane release from the area around the Bermuda Triangle. The last time anything similar happened in the region was around 15,000 years ago, according to U.S. Geological Survey geologist Bill Dillon.

Another explanation for the Bermuda Triangle that checks out on paper is the presence of rogue waves. These huge waves can form unexpectedly and rise two or even three times above surrounding waves. As Vice reports, British researchers used lab and computer models to simulate the effects of rogue waves more than 100 feet tall on ships as part of an investigation into the Bermuda Triangle. Ships that were sufficiently long could get caught suspended between two wave peaks with nothing supporting them from below and snap in half, one researcher theorizes. But, while rogue waves are certainly capable of capsizing or breaking a ship, we have no definitive evidence tying them to any of the naval disasters in the Bermuda Triangle.

The U.S. government doesn’t recognize the Bermuda Triangle, and the area doesn’t appear on any official maps. And the Coast Guard and Department of Defense have repeatedly refrained from giving the area, or its legends, any outsized significance. Furthermore, there’s no evidence suggesting the region sees higher rates of maritime or aviation disasters than anywhere else in the world, after accounting for the amount of traffic that passes through.

I see the problem here, you don't fucking understand how science works.

Years ago, we didn't understand thunder and what did we do? we invented gods like Thor and Sango to try to explain them. Years ago we didn't understand Sickle cell anemia and what did we do? We invented Ogbanje to try to explain it.

Just because your are yet to understand it, doesn't mean it's supernatural. By the way you first have to Proof the supernatural claim you are making.

1 Like

Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Workch: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2021
[s]
MaxInDHouse:
Has Science been able to configure the human brains so that humans can willingly surrender harmful weapons and embrace one another peacefully never to think of resolving disputes with weapons? Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

Well that same book (Bible) foretold that man can't live peacefully with one another without the guidance from the Author of the Bible {Genesis 2:17} and ever since mankind has been dominating themselves to ruin {Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9} yet when some humans decided to turn to the book (Bible) a century ago they discovered that humans can form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers even when others around them are still bent on exterminating one another due to lack of Godly wisdom! Hosea 4:6 smiley
[/s] strawman fallacy , the topic is about creation and not about science of the brain.
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Ammishaddai: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2021
Workch:
point to any claim in this post that has no evidence.

Try to read it, I known you didn't read the post
Oga , it's too early for stupidity. The law of gravity your science peddles up and down was never established. Rather it has always been there . This is an example of a natural law that existed prior to the coming of any form of scientific knowledge. Those who try to explain this law are only attempting to understand it but they can never tell how it was created in the first place. Rather they can only assume...
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Workch: 10:32am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Oga , it's too early for stupidity. The law of gravity your science peddles up and down was never established. Rather it has always been there . This is an example of a natural law that existed prior to the coming of any form of scientific knowledge. Those who try to explain this law are only attempting to understand it but they can never tell how it was created in the first place. Rather they can only assume...
strawman, the topic is about creation not gravity.

Go and read my post and ask questions from it.

Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Ammishaddai: 10:33am On Oct 07, 2021
[s]
SSIPON:

Wow your Ignorance is amazing.
Excuse sir, did you just say that the Bermuda triangle is a great mystery that modern science cannot explain.
The fact that the area within the Bermuda Triangle is heavily trafficked could account for some of the mystery. Any region with lots of ships going through it is bound to see more accidents than a place with less activity. Pair that with the fact that the Bermuda Triangle is often swept by hurricanes, and it’s not hard to see why ships might occasionally sink there.

Another common explanation for the Bermuda Triangle rests on magnetism. The Earth’s magnetic North Pole isn’t the same as its geographic North Pole, which means that compasses usually don’t point exactly north. Only along what’s known as agonic lines, which line up magnetic and geographic north, are compasses truly accurate.

One agonic line runs from Lake Superior down through the Gulf of Mexico near the Bermuda Triangle. One theory holds that mariners, usually accustomed to accounting for a discrepancy in their compass readings, may make mistakes when very near to the agonic line that lead them astray. Paired with the often shallow waters of the island-strewn Caribbean Sea, navigational errors could lead to boats running aground on hidden shoals.

Another theory posits that the Bermuda Triangle might be home to a large-scale magnetic anomaly, a region where the Earth’s magnetic field lines are warped and twisted. This, too, could cause navigational mistakes. But, as others have noted, there’s no evidence the Bermuda Triangle contains any unusual magnetic disturbances, something that’s clear when looking at a magnetic map of the region.

More recently, some scientists have suggested that ship sinkings in the Bermuda Triangle could be due to massive bubbles released from undersea methane deposits. The seafloor in the region is known to contain large pockets of gas that could be released suddenly, turning the ocean into a frothy soup that swallows ships. A similar process likely created huge seafloor craters near Norway.

But though the mechanism itself makes sense, there’s no evidence of any recent methane release from the area around the Bermuda Triangle. The last time anything similar happened in the region was around 15,000 years ago, according to U.S. Geological Survey geologist Bill Dillon.

Another explanation for the Bermuda Triangle that checks out on paper is the presence of rogue waves. These huge waves can form unexpectedly and rise two or even three times above surrounding waves. As Vice reports, British researchers used lab and computer models to simulate the effects of rogue waves more than 100 feet tall on ships as part of an investigation into the Bermuda Triangle. Ships that were sufficiently long could get caught suspended between two wave peaks with nothing supporting them from below and snap in half, one researcher theorizes. But, while rogue waves are certainly capable of capsizing or breaking a ship, we have no definitive evidence tying them to any of the naval disasters in the Bermuda Triangle.

The U.S. government doesn’t recognize the Bermuda Triangle, and the area doesn’t appear on any official maps. And the Coast Guard and Department of Defense have repeatedly refrained from giving the area, or its legends, any outsized significance. Furthermore, there’s no evidence suggesting the region sees higher rates of maritime or aviation disasters than anywhere else in the world, after accounting for the amount of traffic that passes through.

I see the problem here, you don't fucking understand how science works.

Years ago, we didn't understand thunder and what did we do? we invented gods like Thor and Sango to try to explain them. Years ago we didn't understand Sickle cell anemia and what did we do? We invented Ogbanje to try to explain it.

Just because your are yet to understand it, doesn't mean it's supernatural. By the way you first have to Proof the supernatural claim you are making.
[/s] Bros ,I didn't ask for assumption please . And what you have posted here are theories based on assumptions, and I don't need that bullshit this morning .
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by SSIPON(m): 10:34am On Oct 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I see you keep pulling the Bible into this. Alright the Bible is a book of foundational myths, half-truths, poems, philosophy and fine writing.

The prophecies in the Bible are very vague.

You know the Bible also says it's okay to keep slaves or marry off rape victims to their rapists, right?
The Qur'an, the Torah and other religious books all have their own "prophecies"/reasons for evil in the world and the followers of each religion reference these whenever they want to defend the religion.
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by SSIPON(m): 10:36am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] [s]Bros ,I didn't ask for assumption please . And what you have posted here are theories based on assumptions, and I don't need that bullshit this morning . [/s]

Hello, excuse me o, Do you understand the difference between a hypothesis and a theory in science? Weren't you thought that a theory in English and a Theory in science are two different things?

Omo if you didn't know this, then there is no need to continue this argument. Have a good day.
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by Workch: 10:38am On Oct 07, 2021
SSIPON:

Hello, excuse me o, Do you understand the difference between a hypothesis and a theory in science? Weren't you thought that a theory in English and a Theory in science are two different things?

Omo if you didn't know this, then there is no need to continue this argument. Have a good day.
Don't allow him use fallacies distract you from the point of the post.

Don't let him drag you around his fallacious lane. Compel him to stay on the topic.

That's how religious people argue. They commit fallacies to create distractions
Re: Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. by SSIPON(m): 10:39am On Oct 07, 2021
Ammishaddai:

Uhm, Gravity was discovered and so was evolution. Gravity has always been here and so has evolution as long as there is life on a planet. What is your point?

You accuse science of assumptions, so I am asking this question, Does religion make assumptions or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Most Churches Focus on Miracles? / Where Is Mrs Oyaks? / Ghanian Bishop Accuses TB Joshua and Chris Oyakhilome Of Practising Occultism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.