Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department (23777 Views)

She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria / He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards / "How I Lost An Mtn Scholarship Because Of My HOD At UNN" – Chukwuleta Leonard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by kolemark22(m): 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2021
It is factual that the case of unemployment in the Nigerian sphere has led to the unwanted maltreatment of members of staff of private organizations.

Some business owners especially private school owners are becoming more and more insensitive to the plight of the members of their staff in our present day society.

I work in a school where I am paid 50k as an academic staff. We did not get our pay in August because school was not in session.

However, wen we resumed in September, the proprietor decides to ease our stress by giving everyone 5k. At the end of the month, without prior notice he decided to pay us 50% of our salary.

We were dumbfounded by this act. With the level of disappointment, my HOD decided that we should return the 50% as a sign of our displeasure. About seven of us obliged and returned the 50% salary.

When the proprietor learnt about it, he was furious. He ended up relieving the HOD of his duty. Sighting that he was a threat to his establishment.

For the rest of us, we will know our fate tomorrow whether we will stay or leave.

I hope I stay though because I I prefer to leave on my own and not asked to leave.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by YeyeGbami: 8:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
50% without informing you guys. Did they reduce school fees?

7 out of how many people return their pay

I wish you the best man.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by chatinent: 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your piece.

I loathe working in privately owned whatever...and for schools? It's a no no....except it is my establishment.

Why?
Most of them are trash! No job security! A stupid director who has zilch relating to the expertise or experience, but just because he is related to the boss could just wake up one morning and relief you of your duties without payment for not greeting him by prostration even if it is remaining a day to complete the month! Or sack you as lady for refusing his advances.

You can also get sacked for refusing to steal for the director...that is if you work in the finance department!

Some of them will owe you for months and be exploring subtle means to sack you! It makes people be at the mercies of these good-for-nothing ingrates seeing themselves as demi-gods.

I hate to admit this but I verily pity young jambites teaching while they wait for their results, or those who those directors feel they are giving an opportunity. Those girls are often exploited sexually...and they can't leave!

Just look at how sb who stood for his rights was served! And you know the bad thing about it, you hardly win a law case on it due to its dearth of statutory flavour.

The ₦50k to them is ₦1bn...sth that cannot even satisfy one in a month! My heart goes out to the majority being paid ₦10k yet overworked like a prosecuted donkey!

I incite you to take to freelancing now! Get busy working from home.

Nigeria has failed.

Nigeria should be given to charity.

114 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by omamush(f): 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
What?
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Connected1: 12:16am On Oct 08, 2021
Private Organisations owned or managed by Nigerians, Indians and Chinese are just modern slavery institutions.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Onyenna(m): 4:40am On Oct 08, 2021
Connected1:
Private Organisations owned or managed by Nigerians, Indians and Chinese are just modern slavery institutions.

Gbam!!!

And Lebanese too......

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by muller101(m): 6:15am On Oct 08, 2021
All these employers. They will be acting like without them you won't survive.

4 Likes

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by femi4: 7:20am On Oct 08, 2021
kolemark22:
It is factual that the case of unemployment in the Nigerian sphere has led to the unwanted maltreatment of members of staff of private organizations. Some business owners especially private school owners are becoming more and more insensitive to the plight of the members of their staff in our present day society.
I work in a school where I am paid 50k as an academic staff. We did not get our pay in August because school was not in session. However, wen we resumed in September, the proprietor decides to ease our stress by giving everyone 5k. At the end of the month, without prior notice he decided to pay us 50% of our salary. We were dumbfounded by this act. With the level of disappointment, my HOD decided that we should return the 50% as a sign of our displeasure. About seven of us obliged and returned the 50% salary.
When the proprietor learnt about it, he was furious. He ended up relieving the HOD of his duty. Sighting that he was a threat to his establishment. For the rest of us, we will know our fate tomorrow whether we will stay or leave. I hope I stay though because I I prefer to leave on my own and not asked to leave.
Why will you return the money without any form of dialogue first. That's unprofessional, even NLC will first dialogue with govt before embarking on strike

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Alitair(m): 7:55am On Oct 08, 2021
Please don't forget to update us on how it turned out for the you guys.

I remember when I taught in a school in PH. She owed a full month and still wanted to slash 10k from my salary for silly reasons.

I jejely locked the gate and told her to go ahead and jump fence. Long story short, she paid my two months full salary and I never stepped foot in her school again.

These proprietors can be inhumane but I noticed that happens only when you let them boss you around with out a stand.

I can only respect my employer or boss but me I no go fit fear am.

UDO!

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Alitair(m): 8:01am On Oct 08, 2021
femi4:
Why will you return the money without any form of dialogue first. That's unprofessional, even NLC will first dialogue with govt before embarking on strike

Holding onto the 50% and trying to dialogue for more will only lead to Failure in anything you have in mind. Returning the pay is the loudest protest ever.

The HOD must have tried asking the reason before instigating the move to return the pay. And I assure you that Oga HOD surely collected his pay before leaving the premises of said Academy.

This is the same issue we are having with our leaders, plenty talks and dialogue but no action at all.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Tokskob2008: 8:26am On Oct 08, 2021
muller101:
All these employers. They will be acting like without them you won't survive.
You can't blame them really because if the government policy were good and unemployment is reduced to the barest minimum they won't be acting and feeling like god as no employee will take nonsense from them. Every aspect of our society is in a mess right now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by slawormiir: 9:00am On Oct 08, 2021
Damnnn niggar
I can never work for anybody

Even if I want to work it must be a federal parastatal not even state

Where they won't give you the heave ho easily

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by dettolgel: 9:00am On Oct 08, 2021
Nigeria is a country of lawless people run by demonic politicians who not only entrenched lawlessness in the country but also thrive on the lawlessness of the people.

@op if they sack una please drop the name of the school and their social media handles so we can show them some love. grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Amspecial: 9:00am On Oct 08, 2021
sad
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Authoreety: 9:00am On Oct 08, 2021
Everyone at the helm of affairs always want yo act like a demigod!

Nigerians are the problem of nigeria

6 Likes

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Sonnobax15(m): 9:00am On Oct 08, 2021
chatinent:
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your piece.

I loathe working in privately owned whatever...and for schools? It's a no no....except it is my establishment.

Why?
Most of them are trash! No job security! A stupid director who has zilch relating to the expertise or experience, but just because he is related to the boss could just wake up one morning and relief you of your duties without payment for not greeting him by prostration even if it is remaining a day to complete the month! Or sack you as lady for refusing his advances.

You can also get sacked for refusing to steal for the director...that is if you work in the finance department!

Some of them will owe you for months and be exploring subtle means to sack you! It makes people be at the mercies of these good-for-nothing ingrates seeing themselves as demi-gods.

I hate to admit this but I verily pity young jambites teaching while they wait for their results, or those who those directors feel they are giving an opportunity. Those girls are often exploited sexually...and they can't leave!

Just look at how sb who stood for his rights was served! And you know the bad thing about it, you hardly win a law case on it due to its dearth of statutory flavour.

The ₦50k to them is ₦1bn...sth that cannot even satisfy one in a month! My heart goes out to the majority being paid ₦10k yet overworked like a prosecuted donkey!

I incite you to take to freelancing now! Get busy working from home.

Nigeria has failed.

Nigeria should be given to charity.
lipsrsealed Bro, please throw more light on this freelancing abeg.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Illuminatiship(m): 9:00am On Oct 08, 2021
Even Nigeria self I nor believe am again..
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by chigoziri2403(m): 9:01am On Oct 08, 2021
He did the right thing at the wrong place
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by dettolgel: 9:02am On Oct 08, 2021
femi4:

How is returning the money same as striking? grin

3 Likes

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by DoggoneDogg: 9:02am On Oct 08, 2021
Reach out to Commander Gumi
BOMB THAT SCHOOL ON A SUNDAY

8 Likes

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by booblacain(m): 9:03am On Oct 08, 2021
make una show solidarity and resign together.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by adesegun121(m): 9:03am On Oct 08, 2021
Ok
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by YourhealthNG2(m): 9:05am On Oct 08, 2021
H
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Mintyguy(m): 9:05am On Oct 08, 2021
K

1 Like

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Factfinder1(m): 9:06am On Oct 08, 2021
Nigeria is a corruption ridden shithole

1 Like

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by enemyofprogress: 9:06am On Oct 08, 2021
Op your HOD did the right thing in a wrong way. Being a management staff he should not have acted that way.

Dominique what’s up? where are we going this weekend?

1 Like

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by Oracleforce: 9:08am On Oct 08, 2021
kolemark22:
It is factual that the case of unemployment in the Nigerian sphere has led to the unwanted maltreatment of members of staff of private organizations.

Some business owners especially private school owners are becoming more and more insensitive to the plight of the members of their staff in our present day society.

I work in a school where I am paid 50k as an academic staff. We did not get our pay in August because school was not in session.

However, wen we resumed in September, the proprietor decides to ease our stress by giving everyone 5k. At the end of the month, without prior notice he decided to pay us 50% of our salary.

We were dumbfounded by this act. With the level of disappointment, my HOD decided that we should return the 50% as a sign of our displeasure. About seven of us obliged and returned the 50% salary.

When the proprietor learnt about it, he was furious. He ended up relieving the HOD of his duty. Sighting that he was a threat to his establishment.

For the rest of us, we will know our fate tomorrow whether we will stay or leave.

I hope I stay though because I I prefer to leave on my own and not asked to leave.

At this stage of my life, I can't work in a private owned company or business...I better create one for myself than hand over my future to one man sitting somewhere and be giving an unsavory verdict.
Right from when I was in my primary school, I have vowed not to work in any private-owned business and thank God that he has answered my prayer.....

Indigenous slavery

1 Like

Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by cardoctor(m): 9:08am On Oct 08, 2021
Hod
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by fasho01(m): 9:09am On Oct 08, 2021
Disadvantage of a one-man company ownership
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by bluefilm: 9:10am On Oct 08, 2021
kolemark22:

What a pity. cry cry cry
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by peacettw: 9:11am On Oct 08, 2021
femi4:

This. They acted brashly.

I will be concerned about the HOD myself even though I am clearly in the wrong.

It's a pity what people go through at the hands of their emoloyers.. So sad.
Re: My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department by duro4chang(m): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2021
Working in a private school is like slavery. especially the one man business type.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Can Help Me With The Direction Of Jamb Office In Ikoyi? / Kebbi Commissioner Visits School And Meets Only The Students There / Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.