Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights (1051 Views)

Asari Dokubo Raises A Private “Army” For President Tinubu / DSS Flies Actor Chiwetalu Agu To Abuja, Bars Family Visitation / 22 Soldiers Declared Wanted By Army For Running From Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by gidgiddy: 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2021
For weeks now, veteran actor Chiwetalu Agu, has been walking around with Biafran colours, showing his love and support for Biafra

There is no law in Nigeria that prevents anyone from peacefuly agitating for Biafra

There is no law that prevents anyone from wearing Biafran colours or using the Biafran flag

There is no law that prevents anyone from showing love for Biafra

The only thing that currently exists, and is been contested in the appeal courts, is a court order banning a Biafran group known as Indigenous People Of Biafra(IPOB). IPOB is just one of many Biafran groups that exists

IPOB does not own the Biafran flag, indeed the Biafran flag has been there long before there was anything called IPOB. It is a historical flag that can be found in the National War Museum and UNPO office.

The fact that an old man like Chiwetalu Agu, who is approaching 70 years of age, could be arrested and beaten up just for walking around in Biafran colours is highly condemnable. Brutalising an old man who posed no threat to anyone just because of the attire he is wearing and saying he is inciting people?

Shame on the Nigerian Army!

I urge Chiwetalu Agu and hid solicitors to immediately sue the Nigerian Army for abuse of power, brutality, illegal arrest and violation of his fundamental human rights

9 Likes

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by ThatFairGuy: 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2021
Olodoism is worrying you.
SECESSION in our constitution is TREASONABLE OFFENSE wether peaceful or not

4 Likes

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by BlowYourMind: 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2021
The mugu better beg the federal government or else he will rotten in jail, he decided to break the law made by ohanneze and south east governors, he is a goner, whosoever advice him never advice him, he is in for big trouble, he will be charged for instigating violence and terrorism, if he is wise, he better beg because the federal government will make him a Scapegoat

5 Likes

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by SUPERPACK: 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2021
In times of crisis and violence like this people should learn to dress, behave and talk neutrally because you are being watched.
We have seen situations where even the army have advised their members not to wear anything that will identify them as armed force members while travelling when their is crisis and also during endsars protest.
We are in a time where the govt and Ipob are dragging control of the south-east region and the government are willing to do anything to excert control. We should learn to live today to fight tomorrow.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by dig64: 10:04pm On Oct 07, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
Which chapter of your constitution says that?

4 Likes

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by Ovamboland(m): 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
gidgiddy:
For weeks now, veteran actor Chiwetalu Agu, has been walking around with Biafran colours, showing his love and support for Biafra

There is no law in Nigeria that prevents anyone from peacefuly agitating for Biafra

There is no law that prevents anyone from wearing Biafran colours or using the Biafran flag

The only thing that currently exists, and is been contested in the appeal courts, is a court order banning a Biafran group known as Indigenous People Of Biafra(IPOB). IPOB is just one of many Biafran groups that exists

IPOB does not own the Biafran flag, indeed the Biafran flag has been there long before there was anything called IPOB. It is a historical flag that can be found in the National War Museum and UNPO office.

The fact that an old man like Chiwetalu Agu, who is approaching 70 years of age, could be arrested and beaten up just for walking around in Biafran colours is highly condemnable. Brutalising an old man who posed no threat to anyone just because of the attire he is wearing and saying he is inciting people?

I urge Chiwetalu Agu and hid solicitors to immediately sue the Nigerian Army for abuse of power, brutality, illegal arrest and violation of his fundamental human rights

Even Americans were appalled when the confederate flag made it's way into the USA capitol in 2021 under Trump, something it failed to do since 1860 when the rebels had an Army.
Symbols are very powerful, anyone with aota of sense should know that.

Even ordinary pheasants in Maiduguri will not drape themselves in Boko Haram flag, walk the streets and claim constitutional protected rights, neither will you be here to defend such person if arrested.

But in this season common sense has taken flight, and nonsense has taken over.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by okeyglm: 10:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
ESN should rescue chiwetalu agu. chiwetalu agu should be dealtn with

1 Like

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by Bighead9: 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2021
gidgiddy:

Lawyers go chop him money and nothing will happen. I pray they dislocate him to serve as a lesson.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by Bighead9: 10:28pm On Oct 07, 2021
BlowYourMind:
The mugu better beg the federal government or else he will rotten in jail, he decided to break the law made by ohanneze and south east governors, he is a goner, whosoever advice him never advice him, he is in for big trouble, he will be charged for instigating violence and terrorism, if he is wise, he better beg because the federal government will make him a Scapegoat

You too get sense aswear.
IPOB Bandits are busy hailing him grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by gidgiddy: 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
Ovamboland:

Even Americans were appalled when the confederate flag made it's way into the USA capitol in 2021 under Trump, something it failed to do since 1860 when the rebels had an Army.

Even ordinary pheasants in Maiduguri will not drape themselves in Boko Haram flag, walk the streets and claim constitutional protected rights, neither will you be here to defend such person if arrested.

But do you think the American Army would arrest and brutalise a 66 year old man who is walking around dressed in confederate flag? Never in a million years

Why would the Nigerian Army brutalise an old man like Chiwetalu Agu, who obviously posed no threat, just for wearing a historical flag? This is nothing but military brutality
Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by OBUKSBAYELSA: 11:17pm On Oct 07, 2021
That was a gross mistake by Mr Agu knowing fully well that IPOB and it's insignia is banned and prohibited in Nigeria.
Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by gidgiddy: 11:29pm On Oct 07, 2021
OBUKSBAYELSA:
That was a gross mistake by Mr Agu knowing fully well that IPOB and it's insignia is banned and prohibited in Nigeria.

The flag of Biafra is not the insignia of IPOB. The flag of Biafra has been in existence long before there was anything called IPOB

Only IPOB was banned, the flag of Biafra or agitation for Biafra is not banned

3 Likes

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by Ovamboland(m): 11:31pm On Oct 07, 2021
gidgiddy:

But do you think the American Army would arrest and brutalise a 66 year old man who is walking around dressed in confederate flag? Never in a million years

Why would the Nigerian Army brutalise an old man like Chiwetalu Agu, who obviously posed no threat, just for wearing a historical flag? This is nothing but military brutality

Old man over 60 protesting on American streets were pushed down by security forces and blood came out of of his ear, Americans are also humans and brutality happens their when there are violations. USA is not paradise or Utopia

And we didn't wait a million years this was last year during black lives matter demonstration.

1 Like

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by Ovamboland(m): 11:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
gidgiddy:

The flag of Biafra is not the insignia of IPOB. The flag of Biafra has been in existence long before there was anything called IPOB

. Is Boko Haram flag banned in Nigeria? If not will you or a sensible kanuri dorn the flag as a dress on Maiduguri streets?

Does he need to carry a gun before causing unrest or sending a terror message across?
I'm sure you would have said the kanuri man got what he deserved if arrested even if he was 80 years old

1 Like

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 07, 2021
gidgiddy:

In Germany wearing the Nazi symbol is a crime, you could argue that the symbol initially existed before the Nazis and was even a good symbol, but the truth is 'Not anymore'

4 Likes

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by Kingof2nations(m): 12:02am On Oct 08, 2021
Seeing comments here one can understand why the country will nva change

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by gidgiddy: 6:34am On Oct 08, 2021
LordVoldermort:
In Germany wearing the Nazi symbol is a crime, you could argue that the symbol initially existed before the Nazis and was even a good symbol, but the truth is 'Not anymore'

Now show me any law in Nigeria that makes wearing Biafran symbols a crime.
Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by OminickConcept: 8:11am On Oct 08, 2021
gidgiddy:

Now show me any law in Nigeria that makes wearing Biafran symbols a crime.

Ipob has been prescribed and their flag ban all over Nigeria. Anyone see carrying their flag or wearing it has a dress is doing that illegally at their own risk. This is just common sense but it seems sense is no more common in the East.

4 Likes

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by Nadaken: 8:17am On Oct 08, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
you are the olodo here

The op has explained the colour he wore to be an historical colour recognized in history

So no law stops agu from basking in that history

Seccession is not the same as wearing a shirt
Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by blackmantis: 8:19am On Oct 08, 2021
gidgiddy:

Try and wear a full swastika gown in Germany or Israel, stroll about with it then comeback and tell the story.

4 Likes

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by Nadaken: 8:25am On Oct 08, 2021
Ovamboland:
. Is Boko Haram flag banned in Nigeria? If not will you or a sensible kanuri dorn the flag as a dress on Maiduguri streets?

Does he need to carry a gun before causing unrest or sending a terror message across?
I'm sure you would have said the kanuri man got what he deserved if arrested even if he was 80 years old
You actually made no sense

Boko Haram flags is flying in niger state, Borno etc under subjugation of territories yet army have not gone after that

If Boko Haram itself is a Terrorist organization what makes its flag which only it has authority over flying high in Nigeria?

Would a Biafra flag be flying high anywhere claiming it's it territory

Also bear in mind that not only Ipob have right to that flag

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by Unik3030: 8:25am On Oct 08, 2021
gidgiddy:

which flag does ipob miscreants carry?
When they lowered Nigeria flag,which flag did they erect?
Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by noleflendum: 8:27am On Oct 08, 2021
gidgiddy:

that fuulish man will join Kanu to eat our watery half done beans very soon

1 Like

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by Nadaken: 8:27am On Oct 08, 2021
blackmantis:

Try and wear a full swastika gown in Germany or Israel, stroll about with it then comeback and tell the story.
swastika is just a religious symbol

The thing about you people is you just talk for talking sake

Biafra flag is a symbol of history

History of a people that asked for self independence which is a global right

The flag or it's history is not like the Nazi flag for example that you can say it's banned for atrocities and ethnic cleansing (people still do Nazi flag today sef on lowkey)

The group calling for seccession in Spain still flaunt their flags
Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by FakeUnity: 8:29am On Oct 08, 2021
Ovamboland:

The Biafran flag is not banned anywhere under any law known to man.
You abokey slaves should bring Chiwetalu to court and throw him the books if you are not barbarians.

1 Like

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by dettolgel: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2021
Ovamboland:

Has anyone been manhandled in the USA for flying confederate flag? grin

I am yet to see police burst into someone homes for hanging that flag. People still hang it on their porch bro.

We can't turn our eyes away from injustice just because we are not at the receiving end. The problem with that is that not saying anything embolden our oppressor to push their limits on things they can get away it.

Let me rant now grin

6 years ago no one would believe that Nigerians will not take to the street if a sitting president do not address them after one year. But here we are today for 6 years no media chat, why because they got away with it the first year and realized that they can push it further.

Few years ago no one would have believed that government would remove fuel subsidy without Nigerians taking to the street. grin They claimed they did it, those who saw nothing wrong with it because it favors their political leaning shuts everyone up. Today we are not only paying for fuel subsidy but we are also paying more than twice the price for fuel and get no one took to the street. You know why? grin Because they started pushing the price up a bit without any serious opposition before we know it we are where we are today. grin

I can type everything that this government has gotten away with that was unthinkable few years ago. It is not peculiar to this government that is how government it is the responsibility of the people to resist them because you don't know how far they will push the limit till it gets to you.
grin

1 Like

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by mybiz234: 8:33am On Oct 08, 2021
ThatFairGuy:

Awolowo wanted to make it otherwise.

If he had succeeded, you and your family will not be in religion cum tribal bondage today.

1 Like

Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by gidgiddy: 8:59am On Oct 08, 2021
noleflendum:
that fuulish man will join Kanu to eat our watery half done beans very soon

A lot of Nigerians can no longer even afford to eat water half done beans, so they will be ok
Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by gidgiddy: 9:07am On Oct 08, 2021
OminickConcept:

Ipob has been prescribed and their flag ban all over Nigeria. Anyone see carrying their flag or wearing it has a dress is doing that illegally at their own risk. This is just common sense but it seems sense is no more common in the East.

IPOB had no flag, the Biafran flag has been in existence for over 50 years and is not owned by IPOB

The court order that banned IPOB only banned the group. It never banned any flag
Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by SensetionalGoal(m): 9:07am On Oct 08, 2021
I concur with you...

Chiwetalu Agu should sue thier black asses...
Is he the only problem ravaging Nigeria... Why is it that Nigeria army usually stoop so low on petty matter like this...

What about the 16million looted in bornu who is going in for it
Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by blackmantis: 9:09am On Oct 08, 2021
Nadaken:
swastika is just a religious symbol

The thing about you people is you just talk for talking sake

Biafra flag is a symbol of history

History of a people that asked for self independence which is a global right

The flag or it's history is not like the Nazi flag for example that you can say it's banned for atrocities and ethnic cleansing (people still do Nazi flag today sef on lowkey)

The group calling for seccession in Spain still flaunt their flags

At least you agree that you can't try wearing some sensitive attire in some countries fundamental rights or not.
Re: I Urge Chiwetalu Agu To Sue The Nigerian Army For Gross Violation Of His Rights by Nadaken: 9:12am On Oct 08, 2021
blackmantis:

At least you agree that you can't try wearing some sensitive attire in some countries fundamental rights or not.
There is nothing sensitive in Biafra insignia

Only symbols like Nazi and racial symbols have been banned by global standard

Seccession symbols by international rule aren't because the people have a right to self rule and history of it

(1) (2) (Reply)

AMAZING Federal Poly Nekede Manufactures 'electric Car' Where Is Elon Musk & Tes / The End Of Globalization For Russia And Russians And What It Means / Video: I Want To Become Nigeria's Problem- Gov Wike Makes Blunder On Channels Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.