Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,835 members, 7,798,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi (15942 Views)

Pandora Papers: I Am Yet To Receive Invitation From EFCC – Peter Obi / Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi / I Didn't Violate Any Law - Peter Obi On Pandora Paper (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by JaroMan: 8:32am On Oct 08, 2021
jefoba4:
this peter obi disgusts me
Watch well before you cross the express. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 08, 2021
Juliusmalema:

No time for stupid argument. Go back and read properly.

Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by delawal: 8:37am On Oct 08, 2021
no politician.in nigeria can match obis record. he is d finest among them all

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by JaroMan: 8:53am On Oct 08, 2021
sophy17:

You are unfortunately one of the problems of this Country!

Up until now, I mean before the recently passed CAMA, 2020 you need a minimum of two adults to Incorporate a Company in Nigeria. So the argument that he did not know he had to declare jointly owned assets does not hold. Besides, the offshore assets were jointly owned by his family members- wife and kids, who are brought by himself!

Is he to declare or his wife and children, since he transferred ownership to them?
Does the mou meant that his wife and children are very different from him?
The Man talked about international business principles; I think he knows better.
Check his CV.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Prince001(m): 8:54am On Oct 08, 2021
Vinstel:
Of course we know you didn't break any law. Children of perdition are desperate to tarnish your image because they know that the corrupt mannequin that they are projecting for 2023 is smelling of corruption from head to toe so they are desperate to paint men of integrity bad so they can say, look, no one is good in this country and use that as a justification to continue to support their corrupt mannequin.

Why are so many people cant think for themselves in this country? He broke the law simple as ABC. Two wrongs don't make a right! Make una no kill unasef for these rogue politicians, they are all thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by JaroMan: 9:00am On Oct 08, 2021
ppogba:
Peter Obi will do well to keep it low and avoid all these back and forth.

He should see it as a priviledge to be named amongst the world's smartest looters..

For goodness sake, HE is not the only Nigerian mentioned. Bagudu is even forging ahead as if nothing happened. Of course, he knows nothing will happen.

I have no issues with Obi. I only have issues with somebody trying to be a saint when he is far from being one.

Elementary law should tell you that you declare assets whether jointly owned or individually owned.
You are ignorant. Which elementary law? Quote it here and don't sound like a coward.
If lies are told against an innocent man, he quickly jumps out to clear his name.
Bagudu is a hardened criminal who ran things with Abacha and by extension Buhari. So he is very well covered.
Peter Obi is an Igbo man and has nobody to defend him. So let him trash it now before it becomes a 'Fact'. The discussion should continue and die a natural death when authorities in the field discuss it.
You disgust me with this your line of thought.

3 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by JaroMan: 9:04am On Oct 08, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Family members?

So it wasn't solely owned by him. What are you arguing?

Or has family members transcend to Peter Obi
Don't mind the clown. He forgot that Peter Obi wife, can answer Margret Peter Obi Nig Ltd and this is from Margret Peter Obi.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by ppogba: 9:07am On Oct 08, 2021
JaroMan:

You are ignorant. Which elementary law? Quote it here and don't sound like a coward.
If lies are told against an innocent man, he quickly jumps out to clear his name.
Bagudu is a hardened criminal who ran things with Abacha and by extension Buhari. So he is very well covered.
Peter Obi is an Igbo man and has nobody to defend him. So let him trash it now before it becomes a 'Fact'. The discussion should continue and die a natural death when authorities in the field discuss it.
You disgust me with this your line of thought.

Thank you sir.
Just two of your statements have taken the wind off my sail.
" Bagudu is a hardened criminal". "Peter Obi is an Igbo man"

Nothing more from me.
Enjoy ypur day sir.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Wahalaperson: 9:10am On Oct 08, 2021
PHIPEX:
Which of the report did you see he owns a company fully? Don't you know there are shareholders in every company?

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by globemoney01: 9:16am On Oct 08, 2021
Juliusmalema:
[s]I find the Pandora nonsense of a publication insulting.

If people who claims they are educated and have PhD could write such petty nonsense then education actually means nothing in Nigeria because if it the average baked masses won't be commenting nonsense.

Constitution provides you to declare your assets and not what you co owned with others. There are investors who wants their privacy then why must you expose them.

Secondly, Nigeria even gullible people wants foreign investment , so is it now a crime for other countries to invite Nigerians to invest in their countries?

What sort of selfish is this that you want Britain to invest in Nigeria but don't want Nigerians to invest in Britain?

Are Nigerians that educationally down and selfish?

Also Tax evasion is a crime and he hasn't seen commiting any.

Avoidance of tax through inheritance , what is inherited and decides in how to utilize it, how is it a crime to invest an inheritance in other civilization?

When greedy elites are paid to research, they always ends up hurriedly showing how myopic and empty they are and their foolish followers follows suit in showing how upgraded their stupidity now ranks.
[/s]
You ae talking nonsense, Its your education that should be questioned,
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by nedekid: 9:18am On Oct 08, 2021
LegendHero:
”According to him, the publication did not also allege that he had been engaged in unlawful business ventures at any time whatsoever, adding that his understanding was that the allegation bordered more on tax avoidance and non-declaration of some jointly owned assets.”

See the nonsense Obi Pandora is saying. He even admit non-declaration of some jointly owned assets lol. If Nigeria is a working country, they should have invited the man by now to now tell the law when they start accepting ignorance.

You were also operating a foreign account while being an elected government. Rubbish and nonsense.
Peter Obi is in the opposition, don't you think if he broke any laws he would have been dragged before a judge?
I think this should not be an emotional issue but a legal one. Where he broke the law, prosecute him.

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by udemzyudex(m): 9:19am On Oct 08, 2021
Comprehension is a very big problem in this country.

Chai.. Hypocrites everywhere.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by globemoney01: 9:19am On Oct 08, 2021
SLOVFO:

[s]Peter Obi is one politicians we all should be proud of in Nigeria. You can't count 10 past governors like him in Nigeria. I doubt if you can. After all these, no evidence that he embezzled or stole state's fund...just they way he chose to handle his business. If we could get many politicians like them... Mind you I am not holding brief for him. Politicians generally can't be trusted.[/s]
shut up. He;s one of the media overated governors in Nigeria. Someone kept secret accounts and you want us to believe stolen funds did not make it into the secret account. do you know what trasparency is. Nigeria is filled with hopeless citizens, no difference betweenpeople like you and buhari supporters

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by globemoney01: 9:20am On Oct 08, 2021
nedekid:

Peter Obi is in the opposition, don't you think if he broke any laws he would have been dragged before a judge?
I think this should not be an emotional issue but a legal one. Where he broke the law, prosecute him.
He will be invited soonese so stop celebrating too early. He clearly broke the law and still admitting to that
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by JaroMan: 9:22am On Oct 08, 2021
ppogba:

Thank you sir.
Just two of your statements have taken the wind off my sail.
" Bagudu is a hardened criminal". "Peter Obi is an Igbo man"

Nothing more from me.
Enjoy ypur day sir.
Except I lied.
We're all here looking at Gumi and yesterday a Nollywood actor was picked my army because he wore Biafra flag.
Until a good number of you see the urgency to trash out intimidating lies, you will wake up in prison for that lies.
Coward
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by 2sexycom(m): 9:23am On Oct 08, 2021
MikelIbe:
We3fffThe way i see people calling Peter Obi a fraud and a liar goes a long way to show how myopic we are and how Nigeria deserve any ill fate that befalls her.

He owns these businesses, his children aren't even directors, he grew the businesses from scratch before politics, he didn't misappropriate public funds, he grew the economy of his state, he cleared his state debt, he reduced wasteful expenses, turned a loss making state into making profit, built infrastructure the state has never seen before, has a very sound and detailed plan on transforming Nigeria.

Now ill meaning people who have been paid by ill meaning politicians are trying to spoil his image by all means. You see how deep they dug, yet can't lay a claim of money laundering or corruption.. And see y'all fish brained ill meaning people shouting and calling him a fraud.

Mission accomplished.. Instill tribalism on insecure brainwashed Nigerians and they'll fall.

Nigeria will never get Peter Obi or any other well meaning politician if we get easily swayed by the evil ones. The evil ones know how to make noise which is all we wanna hear, then we cry wolf when they mess up and stay mute in office.

Bro, you do not need waste your time. Let them continue in their nonsense and have the candidate that they want. Shebi it is this same people that use same method to bring Buhari to power? what is the result? is it only Igbos that are suffering it? The good thing is that they don't even stand a chance in 2023 from the look of things. what they are doing is grabbing at straws.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by JaroMan: 9:25am On Oct 08, 2021
globemoney01:

Did you understand him? That the point.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by ppogba: 9:27am On Oct 08, 2021
JaroMan:

Except I lied.
We're all here looking at Gumi and yesterday a Nollywood actor was picked my army because he wore Biafra flag.
Until a good number of you see the urgency to trash out intimidating lies, you will wake up in prison for that lies.
Coward

Once again, thanks for the insult and name calling.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Mftivi: 9:29am On Oct 08, 2021
LegendHero:
”According to him, the publication did not also allege that he had been engaged in unlawful business ventures at any time whatsoever, adding that his understanding was that the allegation bordered more on tax avoidance and non-declaration of some jointly owned assets.”

See the nonsense Obi Pandora is saying. He even admit non-declaration of some jointly owned assets lol. If Nigeria is a working country, they should have invited the man by now to now tell the law when they start accepting ignorance.

You were also operating a foreign account while being an elected government. Rubbish and nonsense.
People like you will be purged from us and this country will finally advance positively one day.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Mftivi: 9:33am On Oct 08, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:
Obi Pandora is a big criminal, he should be in chains.

In saner climes this idiot would currently be locked up in a penitentiary.
in saner climes ignorant people like you are the very bottom of the bottom in the society, mostly homeless.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by TheAlchemist: 9:36am On Oct 08, 2021
Expect more PLATFORMS OF LIES from Saint Peter Obi... at the next conference of the PLATFORM 2022.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by SLOVFO(m): 9:40am On Oct 08, 2021
globemoney01:

shut up. He;s one of the media overated governors in Nigeria. Someone kept secret accounts and you want us to believe stolen funds did not make it into the secret account. do you know what trasparency is. Nigeria is filled with hopeless citizens, no difference betweenpeople like you and buhari supporters

Easy bro. I am neither Peter Obi's stooge nor aid. I am just concerned about the energy you all are putting into smearing Mr. Obi. You all suddenly woke up about Mr Obi...I smell jealous here. If he is guilty he should be prosecuted by the government. I wish you all will put this same energy into publicing about the misdeeds of our politicians still in power and forget about 2023.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by FaithELEFAN(f): 9:44am On Oct 08, 2021
jercco1:
I'm more interested in the former minister of petroleum under Goodluck Jonathan 09033851150
me too
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 08, 2021
globemoney01:

Yawns, rants of dying men.

You came late.

Next.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by nedekid: 9:52am On Oct 08, 2021
globemoney01:

He will be invited soonese so stop celebrating too early. He clearly broke the law and still admitting to that
What is the celebration aspect of your post? As I stated earlier, disregard emotions and focus more on law. If any law is broken, prosecute him.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Emmanuelhector(m): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2021
Buccalcavity2:

Amazing! While politicians in North America are scampering to dis-associate themselves from Pandora to limit their political liabilities, Nigerian politicians, a presidential hopeful for that matter is still bragging with it. Only in Nigeria.
Some people are even saying that he doesn't have to declare jointly owned asset to CCB. Really? So what's the essence of asset declaration if I don't need to declare a jointly owned asset? When did tax avoidance become something to brag about and you claim that you will raise revenue when you become president. From who then? Sometimes silence is rich.
You sounds pained.. Lol.. Evil people must want to see everyone that their level.. Take it or leave it, Obi is a good and a simple man
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 08, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:
Obi Pandora is a big criminal, he should be in chains.

In saner climes this idiot would currently be locked up in a penitentiary.

Dude in what way was he a criminal. Rich people look for legal ways to avoid tax. There is a difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion, Peter Obi did nothing wrong here
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by globemoney01: 9:53am On Oct 08, 2021
Juliusmalema:

You came late.

Next.
Imagine half baked with brain of an ant questioning others education on a topic he knows nothing about. Comedy
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2021
globemoney01:

Imagine half baked with brain of an ant questioning others education on a topic he knows nothing about. Comedy

You came late.

Next.
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by TechSkill: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2021
Wahalaperson:
angry angry angry

It was just a blank statement that still proves nothing. They should have posted image/receipts of the "leaked document" na... rubbish! David Hundeyin would have posted receipts to back his up... idiots!
Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi by TechSkill: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2021
nedekid:

That guy is a staunch Tinubu supporter. You shouldn't expect anything from him and it shows they are the ones behind this nonsense.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele / Jega: No Comparison, APC And Buhari Failed Nigerians not Us - PDP / School Children Return Home Over Alleged Threat By Unknown Gunmen In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.