Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,126 members, 7,807,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia (45538 Views)

Junior Pope Is Dead - AGN President, Emeka Rollas Confirms / Emeka Rollas Re-elected As Actors Guild Of Nigeria President / Emeka Rollas Defeats Emeka Ike To Become President Of AGN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by EndBuhariNow(m): 6:43am On Oct 08, 2021
Ewu gambia, if ordinary flag gown will cause social unrest what of those that associatie, identify, dine and wine fulani terrorist... most igbos are cowards

1 Like

Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by ddeola: 6:44am On Oct 08, 2021
AAjanaaja ! AAjanaaja! AAjanaaja! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

The soldiers are just being overzealous. For their mind, dem don catch one IPOB supporter abi?

U better leave the man alone and face the REAL TERRORISTS in the north. sad sad sad sad
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Traplord09: 6:45am On Oct 08, 2021
I don't know why he put on Biafra regalia" - Actors Guild president, Emeka Rollas reacts to arrest of Chiwetalu Agu

The President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Emeka Rollas, has reacted to the arrest of veteran Nollywood actor, Chiwetalu Agu by the Nigerian Army on Thursday, October 7.

Chiwetalu Agu was arrested by the Nigerian Army at Upper Iweka, Onitsha, Anambra state for putting on Biafra regalia, though the Nigerian army alleged that he was soliciting support for the proscribed IPOB.

He was reportedly taken to 82 Division Enugu with the Army saying his regalia was an act of incitement towards a proscribed group.

Emeka Rollas, president of Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), has now reacted to his arrest, knocking the actor for wearing the Biafra insignia especially given the security situation in the South East.e to ensure Chiwetalu

He said that the Guild is doing everything possibl Agu is released.

“I don’t know why he put on Biafra regalia. The state is hot." Rochas told Vanguard.

We are in talk with the military officials to ensure he his released. I heard they have taken him to 82 Division of the Nigeria Military base. We will do our best.

If I wear different colors is it a crime to put it on...
What a coincidence country undecided

Fulina Putin on army clothes how man have da hold .......
Some times de think we are mumu like them

keep on soon da we understand de meaning of biafra independent..

If they hear the sound of biafra de keep crying
De world biafra give them a night sleep.
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by promisedeco(m): 6:47am On Oct 08, 2021
engrchykae:
Says someone who have been made to be scared of his or her right.
Oga commando, shey you no de fear abi? Wear am come out tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by cardoctor(m): 6:47am On Oct 08, 2021
So what is wrong here?
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 08, 2021
Coronavirus84:
He is mentally disable. Useless man
You hide behind the keypad to insult someone who is old enough to be your grandfather. If you are Igbo, you are cursed for doing this!

1 Like

Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by ShedrachU(m): 6:50am On Oct 08, 2021
dig64:
He put on Biafra "regalia" because he's a Biafran born of the Biafran region of Nigeria and of the defunct Biafra Republic of 1967 to 1969.

[s]Every Igbo man is a Biafran by birth. Both as region and as part of the old Republic which our parents are from. Just as every Yoruba is Oduduwa is Yoruba and all Hausa are Arewa[/s].

He didn't break any law. It's because we have many cowards like you is why Mettiyi Allah Boko Haram terrorist group can print official car plate number and move with our mopol policemen who are paid from our tax as personal bodyguards while freeborns can't even mention let alone identify with their origin so as not to offend Buhari and his malnourished brothers from Mali.

This thing is simple, he shouldn't wear that with the way the region is.

Oga, you are Nigerian, take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by yahmohy27: 6:51am On Oct 08, 2021
hopeforcharles:
Stupid Reaction. Me thinks we are slaves in this country with no rights.
Get sense , the man has to react that way just to get his member released.
He can't just be blaming the Army and creat more problems for him
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by AK481(m): 6:52am On Oct 08, 2021
You can touch ipob but don't touch biafra.

Touching biafra means touching igbos .

There is no offense known to law associating your self to a colour or a flag,biafra is not proscribed .
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by contigiency(m): 6:54am On Oct 08, 2021
9jah:

I dont need to prove anything to you-
US war hero ;
Global champion;
I dont need to compete with your nomadic, feudalists assessment of global events;
The world is exploring mars;
You are exploring cattle routes;
Impoverish ,uneducated, parasites
From futadjalon.
Stop commenting on my post;
This is nairaland.com; not Futadjalondesert.com for your jajaweed terrorists .
I weep for all the atrocities ,your people have caused to all my beloved indigenous people in Nigeria.
Your days are numbered.

Simple assignment, and you are here ranting. So unfortunately that you people believe that anyone who disagree with you must either be from Hausa, youraba or a sabotuer that must be killed. No problem, keep compiling pictures, na you go get tired.
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by ShedrachU(m): 6:54am On Oct 08, 2021
Authoreety:
[s]Those army guys get luck

see that idiot was already calling for reinforcement...

If ipob boys wr there.. Them for hear shege! They [/s]should go in search of the armed guys and stop fooling themselves...

If you watch the video and understand ibo, then u will get to know why I said the solders were lucky... Chiwetalu is a Biafran nd may not be an ipob.

But d president of nigeria is a terrorist!

Oga nothing will happen, they show their violence to their fellow Igbo civilians. Don't tell me 'if they were there' it's Anambra and we know how all areas in Anambra is full of violent IPOB boys, they saw what happened. They no difference from the Fulani that attack when their victim ain't ready.
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by kioski: 6:55am On Oct 08, 2021
MyExpression:
I understand the perspective of the AGN, that the state is hot and we shouldn't unnecessarily heat up the policy however in the eyes of the law, Was BIAFRA proscribed?

Most of the Proscribed IPOB insignia were mostly extracts of the Biafran Insignia.

So except the federal government wants to proscribed Biafra indirectly, they are wrong for picking him up.

Perhaps we'll start printing the shirt of Hero lager beer that has same logo.

That way, we still subtly take a stand for Biafra.
Arewa, Oduduwa and Biafra are ideologies that have transcended over ages.
If you kill one today, many more will rise tomorrow!
Very soon those bitter nitwits will want to ban the beer. How I wish that was the only source of VAT then you will see them "selectively" turning a blind eye. The whole world is evolving and we're busy devolving on all fronts. The only country where wearing of army surplus is considered an offence rather than support for the army, and Fela tried to clarify this when he sang "uniform na cloth, na tailor dey sew am". God save us from copying wrongly

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Austineva(m): 6:58am On Oct 08, 2021
MyExpression:
I understand the perspective of the AGN, that the state is hot and we shouldn't unnecessarily heat up the policy however in the eyes of the law, Was BIAFRA proscribed?

Most of the Proscribed IPOB insignia were mostly extracts of the Biafran Insignia.

So except the federal government wants to proscribed Biafra indirectly, they are wrong for picking him up.

Perhaps we'll start printing the shirt of Hero lager beer that has same logo.

That way, we still subtly take a stand for Biafra.
Arewa, Oduduwa and Biafra are ideologies that have transcended over ages.
If you kill one today, many more will rise tomorrow!
u make sense here, bro abt d hero beer logo( exactly Biafran flag design) they supposed also stop d production of hero drinks. Very mad people. Thank u for taking my mind back. Wow! U really made sense

1 Like

Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by chrismastre5(m): 6:59am On Oct 08, 2021
HenryDion:
In as much as I support his bravery, he doesn't look mentally sound. He looks disoriented.
oga stand one place na which one is "in as much as i support his bravery"
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Benitoh: 6:59am On Oct 08, 2021
We waiting for the army to arrest and manhandle sheik gumi that has soliciting for support openly for terrorist and bandit.

You shouldn't think you can play for a fool
We're not that dumb
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Komu1048(m): 7:00am On Oct 08, 2021
Elbinawi:
Nollywood Actor, Chiwetalu Agu Arrested For Asking Southeasterners To Join IPOB – Nigerian Army | Sahara Reporters

Mee:

Yesterday I saw videos of the Nigerian army dragging Nollywood Actor, Chiwetalu Agu, just for wearing a clothe with Biafran flag. It was barbaric, inhuman and humiliating.

Biafra is an idea, not an organization. There are pro-Biafra Igbos that are not members of the sessesionist group IPOB.

And yesterday was the anniversary of the #AsabaMassacre where the Nigerian army slaughtered more than 700 Igbo civilians in 2 days. Wearing an attire with the flag of Biafra is another method of commemoration.

It is mentally distressing that the cowardly Nigerian army that cuddle BokoHaram terrorists and murderous armed bandits are dehumanizing a prominent citizen. Very shameful!

Release the Actor Chiwetalu Agu NOW!

#ElbinawiTweets

When you guys come out with bogus claims. I don't know your aim with that. It's make the whole write a fallacy
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Austineva(m): 7:06am On Oct 08, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
[s][/s]
is that why avonja abandoned Igboho to rot in Benin

fear Tinubu urchins

i knew all the while that it was fake support they're giving to Igboho

grin grin grin. That's why d dude denounced being an Oduduwa seccessionist anymore cos he knows clearly well that all his people are all sell out and hypocrites grin grin grin
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by AK481(m): 7:08am On Oct 08, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
angry

I'm Igbo to the core but trust me
Igbos are the worst set of people you can give you can place on a high place.
once an igbo person sees a little money or position (that fetches money) he can betray everything about him to maintain such.
just look how this bastard is yarning dust just because of a pauper position he's holding.
Igbos are the worst set of people you can put on a high position and expect them to be good to their fellow Igbos
he's willing to wipe away his kinsmen because of such position or benefits.
very pathetic
this is one of the qualities I like about the North.
it's their people first before any gaddem thing or position.

Uzodinma gladly wiped away his hometown just to prove his loyalty to buhari
Umahi denied his tribe for his useless ambition
Igbokwe denied his tribe because of gutter aide
and many others just because of stipends

Tụfịakwa

"I am igbo "
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Focusmind: 7:08am On Oct 08, 2021
He was just chasing clout. What brought him to the upper Iweka with that regalia?? He did that on purpose. May be for popularity sake and personal ego. If you want to be a hero, show how you love "Biafra" more than yourself.
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Ofunaofu: 7:12am On Oct 08, 2021
But the truth is that Chiwetelu Agu committed no crime by putting on a cloth that has half of a yellow sun. Is that a military camouflage.
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by favour32(m): 7:14am On Oct 08, 2021
Titto93:
Nigerian journalists can twist headlines eeh.
Tufia.

Why not use this caption;
"AGN president appeals for the release of Chinwetale Agu" or
"AGN president in talks with NA to release Chinwetale Agu"

because this is what d article is all about, but u choose to use d caption based on d question u asked him. Do you know why Chinwetalu Agu wore a Biafra regalia?
Just to make him feel dejected and make d zoo happy.

If hell exists, Nigerian Journalists will be at d hottest part of it.

***Arewa is an ideology of people from North and symbol or logo conspicuously displayed on most fabrics,gates,houses and other materials that can easily be seen by people especially from the North.That is their identity, nothing is wrong.
***Oduduwa is also an idealogy from the Western part of Nigeria which has the same characteristics as described above.
***Biafra is an ideology of identification of people from the Eastern part of Nigeria.

If an elite from the North, dressed in agbada with Arewa logo at front and back which is common.
Is there anything wrong with that?

If an elite from the West, dressed with the Oduduwa logo.
Is there anything wrong with that?

Therefore,
if an elite from the East, dressed with Biafra logo.
Is there anything he or she has done differently from others that identified with their places of origin?

Nigeria go hard to better.

1 Like

Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:15am On Oct 08, 2021
[s]
Vermine:
useless feminist and proud bad woman.yes I too I am Igbo to the core but noticed something.ferminist and proud ladies Alway hate the Igbos.you would think it is because of what the are complaining about.No,it is the tradition that the hate because it gives men superiority of women.i swear most Igbo young ladies would Alway say bad about the Igbos and deceive you of the real reason.you say Igbo are terrible,ok we know but Igbo women are the worst among women.just check,the are very proud ungrateful.if you don't know many of them you would think the are innocent.No wonder when ever a man(husband) dies the wives are given shit on his properties.you see the wives as saint and always brand the husband's family as wicked.igbo women are evily smart.they would use children as an excuse to snatch the husband's wealth and after treat the remaining siblings and even your own mother as savage aftermath.i swear Igbo ladies are often very in all there thinking.would an Igbo lady look at you side when you are huzzling.they are waiting for you just to make it so the can jump in and pretending the love you to spend your wealth then try to give birth to one or two kids for you so as to cement their place beside you.their greedy nature is the reason they don't trust themselves.or you think your mother would allow her take over your property and treat her as a savage aftermath.how many Igbo ladies can boast of being with their spouse even when he was nothing.the gold digging mentality is bad.most Igbo men are who they are today because of either their mother or siblings in this aspect of parental care no doubt Igbo are the best .I am Igbo and wouldn't like to say bad about our women but the way some of them go about casting the tribe and lying about the real reason has get me pissed off.i am not a tribalist but I love Igbo and I am born in the North and also stay in the north.i don't even know how to speak Igbo language.but I can speak Hausa and English language.ferminist need to be tackled very well.they come on different forms pretending they are not ferminist and fighting for other reasons.they have spread a very bad ideology of female superiorism .most young ladies in our generation now treat men with the worst disrespect.watch out for them.any woman or girl disrespecting men badly is tied to secret ferminist.i won't hesitate to beat hell over some I swear.dont ever follow some of them with simple hand.they are just wicked especially youth ladies and girls feeling men is the cause of the whole problems in the world and cause of the whole problems of women secretly.the have declared war against men secretly but some men don't understand.For you sister up saying rubbish against Igbo you are one of the terrible ferminist.just say you hate the tradition for given men superiority.
[/s]
trash
I didn't read this
learn to space out your writings next time
it's too clumsy and trashy.
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by mema900: 7:20am On Oct 08, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
grin grin grin
He's an Ipob patron
Our gallant officers would treat him so as to get more empathy from Ipob

Sheikh Gumi didn't put on or dressed in Terrorist regalia grin

So does Emma Powerful and he has also not been arrested cheesy

Can you show us a photo of Emma powerful?
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Caseless: 7:24am On Oct 08, 2021
DanseMacabre:
Hmmmm.

Tbh, I don't know why he went overt with it too. Something like Abaribe's 'dot', or a generic image of a half-yellow sun would have sufficed.

Wearing the full Biafran regalia in such troubled times was really a gaffe by the senior man, except if of course this reaction from the army is what he was looking to achieve, as we have turned into a species whose sole raison d'etre is clout-chasing.

He's too big, celebrated and loved for this stupidity.
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Uchek(m): 7:25am On Oct 08, 2021
Aufbauh:
My man dey form 'Biafra unit head'!
The truth is that Chiwetalu Agu was just acting a script to arouse sympathy among the Ipob faithfuls & ultimately climb the ladder of hierarchy.

He has achieved his script, and what he saw or will see in the hands of the military will be nothing compare to his ultimate goal of 'Cashing out'.
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Caseless: 7:26am On Oct 08, 2021
Focusmind:
He was just chasing clout. What brought him to the upper Iweka with that regalia?? He did that on purpose. May be for popularity sake and personal ego. If you want to be a hero, show how you love "Biafra" more than yourself.
He just went on attention seeking mission.
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by guy222: 7:27am On Oct 08, 2021
They should make sure he do frog jump, what nonsense and insolante, even if you want to wear biafra regalia is it when tension is high? There is time for everything and this is not the time to be stupid, unless he did it for clout chasing if not i dont see any sense for what he did, we should be well guarded abeg.
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Lazenby007(m): 7:28am On Oct 08, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
grin grin grin
He's an Ipob patron
Our gallant officers would treat him so as to get more empathy from Ipob

Sheikh Gumi didn't put on or dressed in Terrorist regalia grin

So does Emma Powerful and he has also not been arrested cheesy
Have you ever seen Emma Powerful? No doubt if he appears today,he will be arrested. But Gumi is seen everywhere everyday even with the security agency
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Praktikals(m): 7:30am On Oct 08, 2021
dig64:

He didn't break any law.
Go to the barrack and tell his abductors
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Alfamann: 7:31am On Oct 08, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
angry

I'm Igbo to the core but trust me
Igbos are the worst set of people you can give you can place on a high place.
once an igbo person sees a little money or position (that fetches money) he can betray everything about him to maintain such.
just look how this bastard is yarning dust just because of a pauper position he's holding.
Igbos are the worst set of people you can put on a high position and expect them to be good to their fellow Igbos
he's willing to wipe away his kinsmen because of such position or benefits.
very pathetic
this is one of the qualities I like about the North.
it's their people first before any gaddem thing or position.

Uzodinma gladly wiped away his hometown just to prove his loyalty to buhari
Umahi denied his tribe for his useless ambition
Igbokwe denied his tribe because of gutter aide
and many others just because of stipends

Tụfịakwa

Just do a dna test to confirm your father is from the north.

Or why don't you go and marry a jihadist or bandit from the north so you can be really happy?
Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by OmoEpe(m): 7:32am On Oct 08, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
My brother, how many Yorubas supported Igboho from onset? He's still getting the support of those that did then. 95% of Yorubas did not

Yet You've all always been critics of Tinubu despite not doing you people any wrong undecided

Foisted Buhari? Like you were forced not to vote Atiku but forced to vote Buhari? What's wrong with you people angry

Re: Emeka Rollas: I Don’t Know Why Chiwetalu Agu Put On Biafra Regalia by Joshmanfashion(m): 7:34am On Oct 08, 2021
You are too young to understand Agu, Emeka.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ned Nwoko Sues Azuka Jebose Molokwu For N2 Billion For Calling Him A Cultist / Angela Okorie & Son In Stunning Photos / Mompha: My Wristwatches Can Buy Three Mansions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.