Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? (19617 Views)

I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? / What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? / What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by jericco1(m): 7:08am On Oct 08, 2021
Hey guys so how long have you spent at a job before calling it a quit or probably disengaged?

So this year I have been quite funny with jobs and whatnot

So the first job I did this year, I didn't spend up to 2 months before leaving, the job was too stressful for me and I couldn't cope.

The second I spent a month and half then I left because the pay wasn't encouraging

The third one though sounded interesting, and I was like oh finally a management position. So after almost three months of processing my application and several documents submitted.. I was finally called to resume but I left after the first two days.
The job wasn't for me, it looked good on the outside but something else on the inside, to me it was slavery.

So I have decided to leave anything that has to do with job alone.. I'm doing well for myself grin

So guys let's have your views.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Vulcanheph(m): 8:01am On Oct 08, 2021
Exactly one month.... I found out that my employer was tricky and probably wasn't gonna pay so I siphoned as much money I could without him knowing and when I completed one month the guy started coming up with excuses of how his money was missing but yet couldn't tell me how the money was missing since my records were intact and complete.

I just quit the job.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by tuna85: 8:19am On Oct 08, 2021
One day, it was one of those phone sellers in Ikeja, they said they would pay a salary of 40k, I asked them to increase it to 60k, they said no, the job was also Mondays to Sundays, 8am to 8pm. After the first day, I japaaa and searched for a better one, 50 percent of employers in Nigeria are just something else.

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by jericco1(m): 9:23am On Oct 08, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Exactly one month.... I found out that my employer was tricky and probably wasn't gonna pay so I siphoned as much money I could without him knowing and when I completed one month the guy started coming up with excuses of how his money was missing but yet couldn't tell me how the money was missing since my records were intact and complete.

I just quit the job.

I wonder why some employers are like that.
Mostly all these private limited companies.

At least you took care of yourself.. good riddance grin

Ishilove.
Mynd44
lalatisclala.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by jericco1(m): 9:24am On Oct 08, 2021
tuna85:
One day, it was one of those phone sellers in Ikeja, they said they would pay a salary of 40k, I asked them to increase it to 60k, they said no, the job was also Mondays to Sundays, 8am to 8pm. After the first day, I japaaa and searched for a better one, 50 percent of employers in Nigeria are just something else.

40k to work everyday?
Say wetin happen
That's modern day slavery.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by muller101(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2021
Got employed sacked the same day.
REASON.
I have never wished to work for anyone.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by DropsMic(m): 10:32am On Oct 08, 2021
Two days... Saw the boss shouting on an employee like he was a slave. Nobody tell me. Na me use my akonuche advice myself.

After i left the job, i went back and honed my skills in web development and today i build websites for a living and I'm darn good at it too.

See my signature

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by KingMack(m): 10:38am On Oct 08, 2021
Make I book this space fess..I dey come grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by yuping(m): 11:29am On Oct 08, 2021
15 days last year, I just told them I can't, why should I sit inside office from 8-5, I love traveling, I like exploring, I enjoy being in the field, No use AC, small stipend and cooperate dressing deceive me, I'm working to make money not to take picture and upload.

134 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by tuna85: 11:29am On Oct 08, 2021
jericco1:

40k to work everyday?
Say wetin happen
That's modern day slavery.

Real slavery, this country is going nowhere

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by jericco1(m): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2021
tuna85:

Real slavery, this country is going nowhere

As it is now we are running a race in this country.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by constance500: 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
The first one was 1 week, second is 2 days

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by The5DME(m): 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
2 months as at 2019
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Elsueno: 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
18 days I think, it was way back when I first graduated b4 I even went for NYSC...so dis nigga hired me to help look after his shop, as d former sales person was stealing from him. D pay was like 1k daily...So dis oga came back from journey & was checking the books, it turns out there was an error( which by d way is from d inventory & stock arrangement chick). He started shouting, useless!, I am paying to keep an eye on d shop but u still can't do ur job bla blah...d nigga crossed d line & slapped me, so I also dash am correct slap & walked out. He was stunned!

192 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by brownemmanuel43(m): 2:19pm On Oct 08, 2021
tuna85:
Mondays to Sundays?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by brownemmanuel43(m): 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nigeria, we are in rat race in this useless country.
Most employers are damn wicked and heartless,

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Skyfornia(m): 2:54pm On Oct 08, 2021
I think the shortest I have spent on a job was 3 months. Was hired as a production manager in a new production company...every offices has AC except mine. I complained and the next day they installed only fan...I waited till 3 months and resigned. grin grin Funny but that's the truth.

The pay was not good too.....

36 Likes

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Isokoboy(m): 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2021
A
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by malikombi(m): 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2021
After compulsory two weeks training, myself and few others had pass the test and was told to resume officially on Monday. I was very excited that I finally secure the 35k job and on that very Monday, I was at my best. I settled into my office and open my wi-fi to connect my phone, an email came in and the content of the message made me leave the job immediately without writing any resignation letter. Funny enough, I received salary for that month even without working for just 1 minute.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by jericco1(m): 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2021
malikombi:
After compulsory two weeks training, myself and few others had pass the test and was told to resume officially on Monday. I was very excited that I finally secure the 35k job and on that very Monday, I was at my best. I settled into my office and open my wi-fi to connect my phone, an email came in and the content of the message made me leave the job immediately without writing any resignation letter. Funny enough, I received salary for that month even without working for just 1 minute.

This your own funny sha grin
At least you got paid for nothing

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by malikombi(m): 3:37pm On Oct 08, 2021
jericco1:

This your own funny sha grin
At least you got paid for nothing
Aswear

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Kenoxman(m): 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2021
jericco1:
Hey guys so how long have you spent at a job before calling it a quit or probably disengaged?

So this year I have been quite funny with jobs and whatnot

So the first job I did this year, I didn't spend up to 2 months before leaving, the job was too stressful for me and I couldn't cope.

The second I spent a month and half then I left because the pay wasn't encouraging

The third one though sounded interesting, and I was like oh finally a management position. So after almost three months of processing my application and several documents submitted.. I was finally called to resume but I left after the first two days.
The job wasn't for me, it looked good on the outside but something else on the inside, to me it was slavery.

So I have decided to leave anything that has to do with job alone.. I'm doing well for myself grin

So guys let's have your views.
It's not just about the job bt who you are-your person.You're not just cut out for a paid job

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Kenoxman(m): 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2021
6 Months on two occasions. One in 2018 and another in 2020/21. Well, I hav quit tryin since I hav realized I'm naturally not cut out for a paid job. In fact the only time I reason a job is when I'm dead broke with no hope in sight. And once my finances improve, I japaa... It's not about the pay bt time factor. I love being in total contlol of my time plus I hate being subservient to other people. I'm never a rude guy but I'm not really very humble when I'm loaded anyways. I'm seriously working on my financial intelligence on a daily so I wouldn't be damn broke ever again. And therefore wouldn't be needing a job.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by jericco1(m): 3:49pm On Oct 08, 2021
Kenoxman:
It's not just about the job bt who you are-your person.You're not just cut out for a paid job

Yeah.. seems so, the idea of getting paid at month end is not good for me

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by ShitHead(m): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
One hour, on campus...when I fuccked one sugar mummy. Shortest and most useful employment. I didn't cook beans and indomie for two weeks.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Kevinsamba: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
tongue
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by revived: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
4months
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by victons(m): 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
12hours
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Odogwua: 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
approximately 30hours
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by bigdammyj: 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
Thinking
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
A week, more like learning on the job before terms were stated and wasn't suitable.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Thisis2raw(m): 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
Zero hour

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do I Get An Nysc Exemption Certificate / Akwa Ibom Polytechnic 2017 Recruitment / Job Seekers Should Stop Doing These Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.