Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? (19615 Views)

I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? / What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? / What Was The Shortest Time You've Ever Stayed In A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by DropsMic(m): 7:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
Valhalaog:

U can lie grin grin grin

And you know this how?
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by malikombi(m): 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2021
godfrey02:

What was the content..... Share please.. Help the next person who might be going there
It was a better offer and I was told to resume immediately
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by clems88(m): 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2021
1 day. It was an hotel work and I happened to resume on Sunday. Went to work as early as 5am and closed 11pm . That was how I never returned. Them call me Taya grin .
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by AutoChick4U(f): 8:27pm On Oct 08, 2021
Cesclxg:
My current job pays $5k in a month. So I have no reason not to put my all and it is a remote job too.
What kinda skill can a novice like me acquire to land such? I aint science inclined
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by derbykol(f): 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2021
2 months
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Iwantpeace: 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2021
Parrie:

with Fhi360?
No CFHI in fct
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Beninwitch: 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2021
2 days. I just gained admission to Uniben then, and there was ASUU strike. I didn't really want to sit at home so I told a friend to help me get a job. He got me one at a big house where this rich woman runs a restaurant at one of this high brow office environment. Although the woman was rich, she was terrible and the work super strenuous. Attending to clients and serving. The next day I reported for work in jeans trousers and she said I must never wear trousers to her shop. I didn't bother to return the 3rd day. After all, I was already a student just looking for what to keep me busy.

After that day, I got another job at wrangler boutique. Work was stressful standing all day but the daily tip made it fun and worthwhile.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by smugsnazzy: 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2021
Ahhhhh!...�
Teaching job, I only worked for a day.... The rest na story o, principal just dey beg me Mr. Steve please come and continue - I laughed handsomely.
Imagine talking, writing and standing from 7:00am to 4:00pm
"Me never reach to crash"
For 16k only

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by luizpippo(m): 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2021
jericco1:

40k to work everyday?
Say wetin happen
That's modern day slavery.

People go to work for #15 or 25k Monday to Saturday, expending 5h for transport daily.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by jericco1(m): 9:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
luizpippo:

People go to work for #15 or 25k Monday to Saturday, expending 5h for transport daily.

Omo.. well I don't know how they do it.
Especially in this present time that inflation has taken over the economy.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by luizpippo(m): 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2021
A day, during one long strike, i went to apply to teach in a school. I was employed straight away for the post of a class teacher in primary six and to also teach mathematics in JS 1 and 2.

I am to dress corporate on Mondays to Wednesdays, use the sports vest to be given to me with a jeans and canvas on Thursdays, native on Friday.

My salary was to be the sum of #8,000.

Note, i can be sent on any other errands like going to get fuel, maybe wash car or shine the principal's shoe, i didn't wait to know.

I came back to resign the next morning.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Rexymania(m): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2021
Are you male or female?

Elsueno:
18 days I think, it was way back when I first graduated b4 I even went for NYSC...so dis nigga hired me to help look after his shop, as d former sales person was stealing from him. D pay was like 1k daily...So dis oga came back from journey & was checking the books, it turns out there was an error( which by d way is from d inventory & stock arrangement chick). He started shouting, useless!, I am paying to keep an eye on d shop but u still can't do ur job bla blah...d nigga crossed d line & slapped me, so I also dash am correct slap & walked out. He was stunned!
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by chival(f): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2021
I left an ad agency after a week of working there. My daughter was a toddler and I was told I would need to work round the clock, Saturdays and Sundays inclusive. The pay was tempting but it would have wrecked my young marriage at the time.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by RIDOO: 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
Elsueno:
18 days I think, it was way back when I first graduated b4 I even went for NYSC...so dis nigga hired me to help look after his shop, as d former sales person was stealing from him. D pay was like 1k daily...So dis oga came back from journey & was checking the books, it turns out there was an error( which by d way is from d inventory & stock arrangement chick). He started shouting, useless!, I am paying to keep an eye on d shop but u still can't do ur job bla blah...d nigga crossed d line & slapped me, so I also dash am correct slap & walked out. He was stunned!

LOL...Na so one nasty boss told me she will give me a dirty slap then years back after a heated argument.She is somebody l used to have regard for but ha!her own is too much.Naso l reply her that if she gives me a slap l go return 3slaps na so she looked my face n disappear.l later resigned to have my peace.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Handsnigga: 10:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
honourablelumis:
Please help your brother, seriously in need of job at Ibadan, HND graduate in office technology management from the polytechnic ibadan.

Seriously broke and stranded

Financial assistance will be so appreciated, extremely tired of everything

First Bank.

Thanks in anticipation
If you're on Instagram, check Ibadanjobconnect page and find a job that fits you and send your CV with that job title. Jobs are available in Ibadan.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Iphran6: 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2021
1 month in my uncle's company but his wife who was the MD was the most toxic person on earth, I japa o for the sake of my mental health
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by GetMeRight: 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2021
20 days.
1 day.
5 hours.
Then, I knew that working for people not gonna work for me.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Gfskw: 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2021
1 month
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by seunny4lif(m): 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2021
cheesy grin
bjdon:
3 hours. I had fibbed on my CV and got an IT job, I knew very little about. I started in the morning and after being introduced to the team, I was giving some tasks to review. It all looked like greek to me so at lunch time I just got up and never went back! smiley
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by seunny4lif(m): 12:13am On Oct 09, 2021
grin grin
I just remembered some time around 2006 and I got a job through a friend in Ikotun market.
Sales boy but I no come the second day grin grin
I no fit kill myself cheesy
Oblongata:
I registered with blue arrow agency in uk in 2006, I got a job to work at a restaurant for 6 hours daily. I worked only 30 mins (apparently I couldn’t use the dish washer) and I was fired. I was so frustrated that year.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by vikgreen01(m): 12:26am On Oct 09, 2021
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by vikgreen01(m): 12:31am On Oct 09, 2021
Not even up to 30min. It was a pure/bottle water company. I was hired as a loader so the guy(my friend) tricky left the position Nd took a sales role and slot me in thou he warned me that the work is strongly rugged but I laughed him and reminded him how he was so lazy in our previous employment that he is fond of coming to work at lengthy intervals. Fast forward to the day I resume work I started proofing to b King Kong. I didn’t even go four round before I started jerking and I stylishly told the head of operation that I want to go Nd eat naso I escape ooo. My friend call me tire na curse I use end am for him. In the evening that we eventually see he laughed me Nd told our other friends the gist and they also laughed me too. I was later told that muscular guy has also took to their heel Nd when they see an average looking guy like me they tot I fit proof wonder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by bennyflipy(m): 12:54am On Oct 09, 2021
6 hours o, after my secondary in 2007, people that are working in a pure water factory are really trying. My back nearly break, i couldn't wake up in the morning because of pains. My mum was like you no dey go your new job, I say which work. Mtchwww

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Emma1Oj(m): 6:04am On Oct 09, 2021
NewSoul:
5 days bank security job....dem won kill me grin
Wake up by 4, get ready, leave home by 5am, must get to work before 6, close by 6:30pm get home by 8..... No rest , no joy, no break... Bullying by senior old security officers on top 40k. I miss the tips from customers sha but peace of mind and sanity is more important to me
I did dis immediately after lockdown was suspended.. posted to one big pharmacy and mini super store at Ikeja. Was the only one in my unit.. the staff treated me with super respect, care, love and great affection. More reason y I stay 2months. But those security operation pple + the ones that work in control room from the office, training manager etc. I show dem serious wahala.. I dem refused to obey any of their instructions.. I bone them black out I don't greet if they patrol to my beat.. infact I let dem know that I'm the owner of myself.. they wanted to change me to another beat but the MD of the supermarket refused.. las las I collect my pay month end, called dem that I'm no longer available.. the supermarket staff + their MD begged me, I still refused to show up

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by teacherbim(f): 6:27am On Oct 09, 2021
jericco1:

Indeed, myjobmag and hotnigerianjobs..
Check them out
Thanks❤
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by princewarri1985: 6:27am On Oct 09, 2021
jericco1:
Hey guys so how long have you spent at a job before calling it a quit or probably disengaged?

So this year I have been quite funny with jobs and whatnot

So the first job I did this year, I didn't spend up to 2 months before leaving, the job was too stressful for me and I couldn't cope.

The second I spent a month and half then I left because the pay wasn't encouraging

The third one though sounded interesting, and I was like oh finally a management position. So after almost three months of processing my application and several documents submitted.. I was finally called to resume but I left after the first two days.
The job wasn't for me, it looked good on the outside but something else on the inside, to me it was slavery.

So I have decided to leave anything that has to do with job alone.. I'm doing well for myself grin

So guys let's have your views.
2 YEARS
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by ecomalchemist(m): 6:28am On Oct 09, 2021
Michealeni:

Please which of this skill can you recommend. I need to learn something I can do online

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as it's not too complicated like programming. Though you need knowledge on WordPress Dev...

It involves ranking websites on Google's first page and so many other techniques like local SEO, link building and content marketing.

Let's say you rank a plumbing company website in US on Google's first page...you can confidently charge $500 - $1000 as opposed to what Americans charge ($3000 - $5000).

You'd have an edge as a Nigerian because they'd hire you at a cheaper rate than higher a Canadian who'd charge exorbitant fees for that same job.

If you have 3 jobs a month that pay $500, that's cool $1500 (approximately 600k)...

My brother you are chilling o !! That's someone's salary a year in Lagos !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by jackyraw09: 6:35am On Oct 09, 2021
Sometimes after I finished secondary school, I was working as an after-school for this dumb ass rich kid.
According to the contract I was suppose to go through his school works with him on a daily and also teach him Arabic all for around 5k.

I started this only for his mum to chip in the house-help who is a complete illiterate without no increase in salary - so I was tutoring the two.

I think I Quitted after 2-3 weeks, couldn’t wait for the first month to complete - talk about extreme fickleness, looking back I could’ve waited for the month to end before bailing OR just let the woman know I’m not comfortable with tutoring both her son and house-help for that amount

Employees should learn the art of negotiation - it could mean the difference between a job u enjoy and pure slavery

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by tonyson010(m): 7:15am On Oct 09, 2021
jericco1:
Hey guys so how long have you spent at a job before calling it a quit or probably disengaged?

So this year I have been quite funny with jobs and whatnot

So the first job I did this year, I didn't spend up to 2 months before leaving, the job was too stressful for me and I couldn't cope.

The second I spent a month and half then I left because the pay wasn't encouraging

The third one though sounded interesting, and I was like oh finally a management position. So after almost three months of processing my application and several documents submitted.. I was finally called to resume but I left after the first two days.
The job wasn't for me, it looked good on the outside but something else on the inside, to me it was slavery.

So I have decided to leave anything that has to do with job alone.. I'm doing well for myself grin

So guys let's have your views.

Two months cos I had something else necessitating it.
Don't like giving up on jobs no matter how tough. I also don't take jobs anyhow without going through the T&C very well.
Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Elsueno: 7:30am On Oct 09, 2021
Rexymania:
Are you male or female?

Macho! grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by Enskynelson(m): 7:34am On Oct 09, 2021
In 2015, I was called to begin work with a Chinese Ceramic Company after submitting my CV as an Engineering graduate. I resumed work and I was introduced to what I was supposed to do.
It was more of a manual labour of packing and arranging end products. There was so much dust in the environment and no nose masks, no safety boots and clothings... I managed and did the work that day. We closed by 6pm. All I saw that day was enough for me to run for my life. I fired myself after just a day at work!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? by makaveli902: 8:59am On Oct 09, 2021
Enskynelson:
In 2015, I was called to begin work with a Chinese Ceramic Company after submitting my CV as an Engineering graduate. I resumed work and I was introduced to what I was supposed to do.
It was more of a manual labour of packing and arranging end products. There was so much dust in the environment and no nose masks, no safety boots and clothings... I managed and did the work that day. We closed by 6pm. All I saw that day was enough for me to run for my life. I fired myself after just a day at work!

If you are in Lagos, then I guess it is WEMPCO. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Polytechnic 2017 Recruitment / Job Seekers Should Stop Doing These Things / Punch Nigeria Graduate Trainees Recruitment Programme 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.