Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience (1136 Views)

Couple Got Married With Only 2 Guests, Bought Food At Nearby Eatery (Pix, Video) / How I Slept With My Husband A Night Before Our Wedding.~ A Woman's Confession / Bride In Tears As Husband Cancels Wedding A Day To The Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience by IAmSkinny: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2021
With inspiration from this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6790534/not-deny-photographer-food-wedding/1#106536714
Here's one of my many experiences:
Once upon a Saturday morning, woke up from bed and completed all the normal early morning rituals. I had nothing planned to do that day, so I swore on my thumb to sleep all day. After all, it was a holiday and I was visiting my familia.
Just when I was about to start my all-day sleeping routine, I got a ring from a photographer paddy.He wanted me to shoot a wedding-the couple were having serious photography problem. Hmmmm, last minute arrangements? A huge red flag.

I was reluctant at first and didn't want to move but colleague kept on ringing my phone so I decided to cancel my planned all-day sleeping tournament.

Packed my gears and hit my other guy (light assistant). Got to the venue, met the groom and discussed my rates. I asked for an 80% up-front payment but groom brought up some donkey and Shreck story spiced with promises of "you would get your pay, as soon as we round up.Don't worry"-another red flag.
At this moment, I wanted to just leave and go back home but my village people persuaded me to remain and do the job. Brothers and sisters, my village people are very powerful.

Wedding was supposed to start by 10AM but by 2PM, the officiating priest was no were to be found. Summary: Priest came around by 3:20PM and I and my assistant flew into action promptly.

Now at the reception, it was past way, way past lunch time (past 5pm by now) and I and my assistant had been working/waiting since 8am.

I was hungry, my assistant was as hungry as I was. But I had to be careful not to miss any important moment of the event. Sadly, we didn't come with food and the venue of the event was quite remote.

Leaving to go and source for food would be quite risky as every moment counts so I reached out to the caterers, when the couples went in for the routine outfit change. I was snubbed soundly.
I wasn't having any of that so I asked my assistant to pack. My intentions was to abandon the call-of-the-wedding and attend to the calling in my stomach. I had enough money for transport to the next town.
On my way out of venue, I met the groom's brother who apologized furiously after I told him why we were leaving. He took upon himself the task of ensuring we got something to pacify the war going on in our stomach.

Brothers and sisters, after the wedding, groom said no money. Claimed that my rates were high and hence, he would not be able to pay.
I figured out he planned to settle me with the donations and gifts from his guest. I guess they didn't deliver as much as he expected.
I wept like a baby inside and barked at him like a dog outside. Story for another day.

Dear intending couples, your hired photographer and videographer are amongst the most important invited people to guest. Without those two, memories of the day would be forever lost. We are not some random hungry folks with the intention of devouring all your burnt jollof rice. We have enough money for food but our breaks have to be timed properly so we don't end up missing anything. The least you guys can do is to cooperate with us and give proper instructions to caterers to work with our volatile time.

Y'all need to stop disrespecting photographers for any reason.
Dear photographers, if them no give you at least 80% advance, no go. Sidown for house. Always ensure you carry extra cash plus if you can bring your own food, please do and save yourself unnecessary drama

And for the rude bride's maid, just know you'll not appear in any of the wedding photographs. I've ensured that your presence at that wedding stays in the past.

cc
Drogunov
Felimax
Belafonte

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:01am On Oct 08, 2021
True talk
Re: Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 08, 2021
Some things should not even be said. Why should feeding your photographer be a problem?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience by Felimax(m): 9:21am On Oct 08, 2021
IAmSkinny:

https://www.nairaland.com/6790534/not-deny-photographer-food-wedding/1#106536714
Once upon a Saturday morning, woke up from bed and completed all the normal early morning rituals. I had nothing planned to do that day, so I swore on my thumb to sleep all day. After all, it was a holiday and I was visiting my familia.
Just when I was about to start my all-day sleeping routine, I got a ring from a photographer paddy.He wanted me to shoot a wedding-the couple were having serious photography problem. Hmmmm, last minute arrangements? A huge red flag.

I was reluctant at first and didn't want to move but colleague kept on ringing my phone so I decided to cancel my planned all-day sleeping tournament.

Packed my gears and hit my other guy (light assistant). Got to the venue, met the groom and discussed my rates. I asked for an 80% up-front payment but groom brought up some donkey and Shreck story spiced with promises of "you would get your pay, as soon as we round up.Don't worry"-another red flag.
At this moment, I wanted to just leave and go back home but my village people persuaded me to remain and do the job. Brothers and sisters, my village people are very powerful.

Wedding was supposed to start by 10AM but by 2PM, the officiating priest was no were to be found. Summary: Priest came around by 3:20PM and I and my assistant flew into action promptly.

Now at the reception, it was past way, way past lunch time (past 5pm by now) and I and my assistant had been working/waiting since 8am.

I was hungry, my assistant was as hungry as I was. But I had to be careful not to miss any important moment of the event. Sadly, we didn't come with food and the venue of the event was quite remote.

Leaving to go and source for food would be quite risky as every moment counts so I reached out to the caterers, when the couples went in for the routine outfit change. I was snubbed soundly.
I wasn't having any of that so I asked my assistant to pack. My intentions was to abandon the call-of-the-wedding and attend to the calling in my stomach. I had enough money for transport to the next town.
On my way out of venue, I met the groom's brother who apologized furiously after I told him why we were leaving. He took upon himself the task of ensuring we got something to pacify the war going on in our stomach.

Brothers and sisters, after the wedding, groom said no money. Claimed that my rates were high and hence, he would not be able to pay.
I figured out he planned to settle me with the donations and gifts from his guest. I guess they didn't deliver as much as he expected.
I wept like a baby inside and barked at him like a dog outside. Story for another day.

Dear intending couples, your hired photographer and videographer are amongst the most important invited people to guest. Without those two, memories of the day would be forever lost. We are not some random hungry folks with the intention of devouring all your burnt jollof rice. We have enough money for food but our breaks have to be timed properly so we don't end up missing anything. The least you guys can do is to cooperate with us and give proper instructions to caterers to work with our volatile time.

Dear photographers, if them no give you at least 80% advance, no go. Sidown for house. Always ensure you carry extra cash plus if you can bring your own food, please do and save yourself unnecessary drama

And for the rude bride's maid, just know you'll not appear in any of the wedding photographs. I've ensured that your presence at that wedding stays in the past.

cc
Drogunov
Felimax
Belafonte

Thanks a bunch! Too many bad memories but i am really learning because is one part of my business i so much love. I love creativity and i have been doing this since primary school. Once again, thanks.
Re: Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 08, 2021
IAmSkinny:

cc
Drogunov
Felimax
Belafonte
boys are not smilling
Re: Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience by IAmSkinny: 9:34am On Oct 08, 2021
Felimax:

Thanks a bunch! Too many bad memories but i am really learning because is one part of my business i so much love. I love creativity and i have been doing this since primary school. Once again, thanks.

Stay sharp especially when you start getting gigs.
It's a jungle out there and some of your clients are out to eat you.
Re: Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience by Belafonte(m): 9:47am On Oct 08, 2021
IAmSkinny:

cc
Drogunov
Felimax
Belafonte

This is absolutely insane.

An unbreakable principle of mine is that of something requires my payment and I can't do it, it's the right thing to negotiate fairly and I good faith. How can you tell agree to a fee and then tell someone that the rate is too high after a gentleman's agreement? Some people deserve every bad thing they get.

I wonder why people have this idea that they are doing you a favour by paying for your services. If they could do it without paying they would, and if they can't fair pay shouldn't even be considered negotiable
Re: Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience by IAmSkinny: 9:52am On Oct 08, 2021
Belafonte:

This is absolutely insane.

An unbreakable principle of mine is that of something requires my payment and I can't do it, it's the right thing to negotiate fairly and I good faith. How can you tell agree to a fee and then tell someone that the rate is too high after a gentleman's agreement? Some people deserve every bad thing they get.

I wonder why people have this idea that they are doing you a favour by paying for your services. If they could do it without paying they would, and if they can't fair pay shouldn't even be considered negotiable
It's a jungle out there.
I'm glad the gentleman would end up not having a single wedding professional photo.
Re: Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience by Belafonte(m): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2021
IAmSkinny:

It's a jungle out there.
I'm glad the gentleman would end up not having a single wedding professional photo.

Lol. I bet he's not feeling bossy anymore
Re: Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience by Tenaj: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2021
greenya:
Some things should not even be said. Why should feeding your photographer be a problem?
As in ,it baffles me o
Re: Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience by gbajike(m): 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2021
IAmSkinny:

Wait, all you did was bark?!

Did you eventually deliver at no pay?

Please tell me you didn't.
Re: Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience by IAmSkinny: 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2021
gbajike:

Wait, all you did was bark?!
Did you eventually deliver at no pay?
Please tell me you didn't.
God forbid. Na long story sha

1 Like

Re: Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience by Corona22: 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2021
No do like that for bridesmaid nah grin grin
Re: Don't Deny Your Photographer Food At Your Wedding: A Nairalander's Experience by Felimax(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2021
IAmSkinny:

Stay sharp especially when you start getting gigs.
It's a jungle out there and some of your clients are out to eat you.
Yea, even from your own household. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Regions With The Most Submissive Women In Bed And Their Point Of Attractio / Settled!!! / Who's Sexier Between Venita Akpofure And Adesua Etomi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.