Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California (32690 Views)

Trump: New York Expands Legal Defnition Of Rape, Includes Nonconsensual Contact / Lake Fire In California Continues To Rage, Growing To 11,000 Acres( Vid) / Apple Fire Rages In California, Thousands Evacuated (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by fergie001: 9:20am On Oct 08, 2021
California has become the first state in the U.S. to make non-consensual condom removal, also referred to as “stealthing,” illegal.

Today, Governor Newsom signed trailblazing legislation that would include nonconsensual condom removal or "stealthing' in the CA Civil Code. This new law is the first in the nation and confirms that 'stealthing' is an illegal act that causes long term physical and emotional harm to its victims and those guilty of 'stealthing' will now be held accountable under California law.

Stealthing' is the nonconsensual and intentional removal or tampering with the condom during sexual intercourse.
A study by Yale University (Columbia Journal of Gender and Law Vol 32, No. 2, 2017) calls "stealthing" "a grave violation of dignity and autonomy" and reports that cases of "stealthing" are on the rise among women and gay men.

The article also encourages new Torts against the practice to allow victims to establish a cause of action. Stealthing has also been called rape-adjacent.

"I have been working on the issue of 'stealthing' since 2017 and I am elated that there is now some accountability for
those who perpetrate the act. Sexual assaults, especially those on women of color, are perpetually swept under the rug.

So much stigma is attached to this issue, that even after every critic lauded Micheala Coel's, I May Destroy You for its compelling depiction of the horrors of sexual abuse including of 'stealthing.' it got zero Golden Globe nominations. That doesn't seem like an accident or coincidence to me," stated Assemblymember Garcia.

"It's disgusting that there are online communities that defend and encourage stealthing and give advice on how to get
away with removing the condom without the consent of their partner. It is now clear in California law that this is a crime.

This law is the first of its kind in the nation, but I urge other states to follow in California's direction and make t clear that stealthing is not just immoral but illegal. More importantly, I encourage us all to not shy away from
important conversations about consent in order to ensure we reduce the number of victims," concluded Garcia.

The 58th Assembly District includes the cities of Montebello, Pico Rivera, Commerce, Bell Gardens, Downey, Norwalk, Bellflower, Cerritos and Artesia.

SOURCE

The Erotic Service Providers Legal Educational Research Project supported the bill, saying it could allow sex workers to sue clients who remove condoms.

3 Likes

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by Obidon1(m): 9:22am On Oct 08, 2021
End time

9 Likes

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by Maxymilliano(m): 9:52am On Oct 08, 2021
California has become the first state in the U.S. to make non-consensual condom removal, also referred to as “stealthing,” illegal.
But what if the condom accidentally falls off during a rump, do you need to rush down to the station and turn yourself in ?

Asking for a friend based in Cali cool

168 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by WibusJaga: 9:59am On Oct 08, 2021

Sounds OK. But some of these laws would be difficult to implement. Abi the two parties will sign written contract & have video evidence of the act? Else it will just be your word against the other's word.

99 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by michaellovaldo(m): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2021
angry grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by vickertony(m): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by Dozie32(m): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2021
Lol, make I teach Una how to remove without them knowing? grin
But na to contact be the wahala now oo

6 Likes

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by Worriedwife: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2021
It should be illegal

7 Likes

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by Kingcalls: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2021
B4 nko...it should be illegal and a crime

2 Likes

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by Ayt27(m): 10:00am On Oct 08, 2021
Na oyinbo go finish this world

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by benuejosh: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2021
iLengdd won't go to California

3 Likes

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by Bblam: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2021
grin
Dozie32:
Lol, make I teach Una how to remove without them knowing? grin
But na to contact be the wahala now oo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by Byke60(m): 10:00am On Oct 08, 2021
G
Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by Laeroy(f): 10:00am On Oct 08, 2021
I don't understand this!

You wear condom to have sexual intercourse, why remove it in between sex, to transfer std to the other party , impregnate her or to enjoy it better?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by ichommy(m): 10:00am On Oct 08, 2021
Wahala be like

The bill would amend the state civil code to say that an individual commits sexual battery if the person “causes contact between a penis, from which a condom has been removed, and the intimate part of another who did not verbally consent to the condom being removed.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by GeneralPula: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2021
Yankee self..
Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by JackDaAlienz(m): 10:00am On Oct 08, 2021
I did it to one sweet girl like that
During sex I noticed her pussy got more juicy and wet.
I gats remove the condom sharp sharp and she didn't notice.
Insert am raw and enjoyed it
The banny no even notice difference
And it was around midnight. kiss grin grin

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by funsho75(m): 10:01am On Oct 08, 2021
Lol
Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by azukaegopeter(m): 10:01am On Oct 08, 2021
Wahala

1 Like

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by theTranscriber: 10:01am On Oct 08, 2021
the rest of the world are thinking about real problems

these ones are talking condom removal

this life no balance

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by Cumtroller: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2021
This legislation will be dead on arrival in Naija.

We prefer to go in "skin to skin". No matter how putrid the pvssy is.

11 Likes

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by Kingcalls: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2021
Its a very terrible thing to do...
Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by iCauseTrouble: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2021
angry
Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by LegendaryLover(m): 10:02am On Oct 08, 2021
cheesy cheesy grin grin

Some of us do have sex with condoms but when we are about to cum, we remove the condom and nut on her body (e.g boobs, face, ass, etc). Is this also part of stelthing? grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by Udodiri01: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2021
This should be adopted in Nigeria.. Including the law that you must disclose ur terminal disease like HIV, STI, STD, HERPES ETC to ur pertner before any intercourse. But we have other bigger problems.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by hisexcellency34: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2021
I don't like using condom

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by Juem: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2021
grin

Funny sha
Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by dododawa1: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2021
Lol, problem no dey finish
Re: Nonconsensual Removal Of Condom During Sex, Illegal In California by scovic33: 10:03am On Oct 08, 2021
This need to be implemented in our dear country, the desperate girls among naija babes now form the habit of pulling man condom during sex, so that they can become a baby mama or tie him down with pregnancy.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus: ISIS Tells Terrorist Not To Travel To Europe For Jihad / Kofi Annan Buried Amidst Tears (Burial Photos) / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.