Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick (5206 Views)

ABS Light Showing On The Dashboard / What Are The Functions Of Cruise And Over Drive On A Gear Stick? / Lamborghini Owner Breaks Huracan's Windscreen While Showing Off His Supercar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by ayomilore: 11:23am On Oct 08, 2021
Auto gurus in the house please help me out with this, i checked wify car this morning because its been some days i drove it last only to discover that the dip stick is not showing oil traces when i dip it inside the engine, i tried it like 2 more times i went to start the engine so that i can check on the dash board for any strange sign, i bent down to look for any leakages no traces,but couldn't get any only the top iol sign that briefly showed and dissappeared. Though it's up to 3 months we did the last servicing and we are planning another one this weekend but im worried that no traces of oil on the dip stick until i start the car and checked again before i could see sign on one side of the stick..

Thanks as i await your useful response
Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by bluebay(m): 11:40am On Oct 08, 2021
Definitely there no more oil in the engine . Tell your mechanic to come drain out the remaining oil then replace it . Am sure the oil sensor Is failing . Same thing happened with my wife’s Infiniti FX35 and my brothers rx330 .
Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2021
ayomilore:
Auto gurus in the house please help me out with this, i checked wify car this morning because its been some days i drove it last only to discover that the dip stick is not showing oil traces when i dip it inside the engine, i tried it like 2 more times i went to start the engine so that i can check on the dash board for any strange sign, i bent down to look for any leakages no traces,but couldn't get any only the top iol sign that briefly showed and dissappeared. Though it's up to 3 months we did the last servicing and we are planning another one this weekend but im worried that no traces of oil on the dip stick until i start the car and checked again before i could see sign on one side of the stick..

This is not a good sign at all . if there was sign of leak on the ground . Than good news at least u can try to trace the leak ... But if there is no sign of any leaks at all .. It means the oil is burning somewhere and more than likely the engine is bad .. You can always ask for a second opinion .........what type of oil were u using?

My experience from my uber cars .. During my early yes of uber with no experience with car maintenance. I used a 2003 camry at the time on my fleet. I was using 20w50 xhp The engine kept shorting oil with no sign of leaks on the ground and little white smoke coming out at morning start up very little smoke.

So my mechanic advice to top the engine with 20w50 and sell the car.. So anytime a buyer comes to look at the car . we start the car up to clear up the smoke before any buyer shows up . And that is how we were able to sell the car .. And from there on I vowed never to use 20w50 oil again.......

2 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by ayomilore: 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2021
bluebay:
Definitely there no more oil in the engine . Tell your mechanic to come drain out the remaining oil then replace it . Am sure the oil sensor Is failing . Same thing happened with my wife’s Infiniti FX35 and my brothers rx330 .

Thanks for your response brother.
Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by ayomilore: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
dru23:

This is not a good sign at all . if there was sign of leak on the ground . Than good news at least u can try to trace the leak ... But if there is no sign of any leaks at all .. It means the oil is burning somewhere and more than likely the engine is bad .. You can always ask for a second opinion .........what type of oil were u using?

My experience from my uber cars .. During my early yes of uber with no experience with car maintenance. I used a 2003 camry at the time on my fleet. I was using 20w50 xhp The engine kept shorting oil with no sign of leaks on the ground and little white smoke coming out at morning start up very little smoke.

So my mechanic advice to top the engine with 20w50 and sell the car.. So anytime a buyer comes to look at the car . we start the car up to clear up the smoke before any buyer shows up . And that is how we were able to sell the car .. And from there on I vowed never to use 20w50 oil again.......

Thanks boss. We got it as niger used few months back with everything in shape, engine has not been worked on before as confirmed by the mechanic, it has been working fine with no issue but i noticed the belly seems to be oily a little with no trace of leakage on the floor
Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by bluebay(m): 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2021
ayomilore:

Thanks for your response brother.
You’re welcome
Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by Okoyedavid3(f): 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2021
ayomilore:

Pls don't drive or start the car out till oil is topped.
Again check your exhaust to see any physical trace of black sooth.
Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by Timblogga: 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
dru23:

why didn’t you buy half engine before selling it or atleast ring the engine? Na Una kind de scare people from buying Naija used.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2021
Timblogga:
why didn’t you buy half engine before selling it or atleast ring the engine? Na Una kind de scare people from buying Naija used.

I have preached over and over for car buyers to do their due diligence when u buying cars .. Few hear most don't ......

When I say Toyota is the most abused cars especially naija used nobody wan hear.. When people see used Toyota for sale , they loose their senses. And forget to due diligence.....

And when buyers see good deals that is worth the money. The buyers will start pricing the car like nonsense... So it is tough market for both parties...

1 Like

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by Timblogga: 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2021
dru23:

I have preached over and over for car buyers to do their due diligence when u buying cars .. Few hear most don't ......

When I say Toyota is the most abused cars especially naija used nobody wan hear.. When people see used Toyota for sale , they loose their senses. And forget to due diligence.....

And when buyers see good deals that is worth the money. The buyers will start pricing the car like nonsense... So it is tough market for both parties...
hmm.. are you sure it’s not even ur camry I bought in 2018, cos I ended up changing the engine, after it kept shutting oil.

7 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by MARKone(m): 6:26pm On Oct 08, 2021
dru23:

Due diligence, with rippers like you? You sold a car with a bad engine, without informing the buyer, that is scam my brother.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 7:16pm On Oct 08, 2021
Timblogga:
hmm.. are you sure it’s not even ur camry I bought in 2018, cos I ended up changing the engine, after it kept shutting oil.

1. You didn't buy any Camry from me . I stopped using camry for uber years ago .And I didn't post such advert on Nairaland

2.Most cars I post here are mostly Tokunbo (picbelow) cars directly bought by me. The last naija used car I posted here was an Elantra about 2 years. ago .And nothing do the car . it was bought by a nairaland from here......
Apart from that any naija used cars which are usually from my uber fleet are sold via third party only.

Car mention below is. SOLD. IF POST CARS HERE YOU ARE REST ASSURED OF A GOOD DEAL .. IT HAS MY APPROVAL OF SEAL ON IT .

1 Like

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by xperiencelove(m): 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
dru23:

Chai! This is evil. That was how one guy was arguing with me few days ago about using 20W 50 for Camry 05 and change it every 2k miles. 20W 50 is a silent killer for any Camry from 03 upward. Also I do advice people to never buy ANY Nigeria used car that the owner doesn't use factory recommended oil.

8 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2021
xperiencelove:

Chai! This is evil. That was how one guy was arguing with me few days ago about using 20W 50 for Camry 05 and change it every 2k miles. 20W 50 is a silent killer for any Camry from 03 upward. Also I do advice people to never buy ANY Nigeria used car that the owner doesn't use factory recommended oil.

I spoke about that early on .. I was accused of trying to market oyel .. I just shook my head...

One guy stated that he has been using 20w50 for his 2007 corolla . And he changes oil every 2k miles and his engine runs quiet etc ........

At times thicker oil will keep engine noise down. It does not solve that problem.. At times mechanic will use 20w50 to silence a knocking engine sound. Depending how bad the sound is .....it might work and at times it works well enough to fool any suspecting buyers......

2 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by valarinz: 8:18am On Oct 09, 2021
dru23:

I don't know why yet, but i had to quote the bolded portion and await for you sometime in the future

2 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by valarinz: 8:21am On Oct 09, 2021
MARKone:

Due diligence, with rippers like you? You sold a car with a bad engine, without informing the buyer, that is scam my brother.

You can imagine the all-knowing self righteous Americana, how long can a chameleon hide its true colors

Smh

9 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by proclinician: 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
dru23:

Coldhearted scammer

8 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by Kingdemu: 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2021
dru23:

Do business with Dru23 at your own peril. This kind of guy can dilute the so called synthetic oil he sells with roadside oil before resealing and selling to unsuspecting buyers. Be warned.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2021
Kingdemu:
Do business with Dru23 at your own peril. This kind of guy can dilute the so called synthetic oil he sells with roadside oil before resealing and selling to unsuspecting buyers. Be warned.

1 Like

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
valarinz:

You can imagine the all-knowing self righteous Americana, how long can a chameleon hide its true colors

Smh

Closed deal ...... You got my attention... Am sure I got urs grin

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2021
More pic ...... A great thank you for our customers and the trust given to us @dru23

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by valarinz: 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2021
dru23:

Closed deal ...... You got my attention... Am sure I got urs grin

Who sold to who?

If it were you selling, hope you told him about the cars faults as opposed to hiding it and dumping it on the poor man

Nigerians sha, i bet you let this slip out, you must be hitting your head on the wall now for that costly slip of fingers

9 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by valarinz: 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2021
Kingdemu:

I'm telling you, not shocked though, any attempt at doing anything with the guy and you'll easily sniff the condescending attitude with which he treats his subordinates, you'll understand this is a core corrupt entitled naija man to the core, all the rottenness can't be wiped out of the system until he stay 70yrs for yankee

5 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 4:39pm On Oct 09, 2021
valarinz:

Who sold to who?

If it were you selling, hope you told him about the cars faults as opposed to hiding it and dumping it on the poor man

Nigerians sha, i bet you let this slip out, you must be hitting your head on the wall now for that costly slip of fingers

Aren't you the one that knows a Volvo engine seller in ladipo ... Haven't u bought engines for your tokunbo Volvo before ... Was the buyer aware that u bought a tokunbo engine at ladipo before selling the car

2 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2021
valarinz:

I'm telling you, not shocked though, any attempt at doing anything with the guy and you'll easily sniff the condescending attitude with which he treats his subordinates, you'll understand this is a core corrupt entitled naija man to the core, all the rottenness can't be wiped out of the system until he stay 70yrs for yankee

Are u ranting from experience dealing with me . or u just ranting because of ranting sake grin

1 Like

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by valarinz: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
dru23:

Aren't you the one that knows a Volvo engine seller in ladipo ... Haven't u bought engines for your tokunbo Volvo before ... Was the buyer aware that u bought a tokunbo engine at ladipo before selling the car

Exactly, i buy engines and trannys and ecu and whatever you can think of, i don't try to pass on an unhealthy car to an unsuspecting client.

You are a wicked man sha, whatever the person who bought the car from you goes through, you don't care no more, you've collected your stipends.

To imagine you even have the effrontery to brag about it on a public forum, you should hide your head in shame

8 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
valarinz:

Exactly, i buy engines and trannys and ecu and whatever you can think of, i don't try to pass on an unhealthy car to an unsuspecting client.

You are a wicked man sha, whatever the person who bought the car from you goes through, you don't care no more, you've collected your stipends.

To imagine you even have the effrontery to brag about it on a public forum, you should hide your head in shame

So all those Volvo that you bought Tokunbo and than replace the engine. You inform the buyers of these changes etc.... So a buyer will come to buy Tokunbo car from you. And than u tell the buyer " by the way my Oga I change engine ) the one that came with it no good ..... So you want us to believe that crap ?

Like I said early on cars that I post here are bought and inspected by me. I avoid auction cars if I can . now the ones I buy from private owners online . Will come with full disclosure from the seller. Unlike many others that depend on auction site. On auction site you are at higher risk of getting lemon cars...

Anyone that buys naija used cars are their own risk. There is a reason those cars are cheap ... Me personally I will never buy naija used cars .........once my uber cars start giving issues I sell it off via my mechanic..............

Below are some of the cars I bought for customers this year.........

We can go back and fourth all day... I have your time today, last last na you go tire

1 Like

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by Timblogga: 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2021
dru23:

So all those Volvo that you bought Tokunbo and than replace the engine. You inform the buyers of these changes etc.... So a buyer will come to buy Tokunbo car from you. And than u tell the buyer " by the way my Oga I change engine ) the one that came with it no good ..... So you want us to believe that crap ?

Like I said early on cars that I post here are bought and inspected by me. I avoid auction cars if I can . now the ones I buy from private owners online . Will come with full disclosure from the seller. Unlike many others that depend on auction site. On auction site you are at higher risk of getting lemon cars...

Anyone that buys naija used cars are their own risk. There is a reason those cars are cheap ... Me personally I will never buy naija used cars .........once my uber cars start giving issues I sell it off via my mechanic..............

Below are some of the cars I bought for customers this year.........

We can go back and fourth all day... I have your time today, last last na you go tire
nobody is requesting for all these pics you are spamming the thread with, you did WRONG!!! period.

12 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by Timblogga: 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2021
This is a message I got from my guy, last month about his ML350, which is very neat but developed an engine problem. I hope you learn from the chat how honesty looks like.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
Timblogga:
nobody is requesting for all these pics you are spamming the thread with, you did WRONG!!! period.

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by valarinz: 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2021
dru23:

So my mechanic advice to top the engine with 20w50 and sell the car.. So anytime a buyer comes to look at the car . we start the car up to clear up the smoke before any buyer shows up . And that is how we were able to sell the car .[b][/b]. And from there on I vowed never to use 20w50 oil again.......

Oga dru, you will not successfully change the topic, let's discuss this

Its weekend obviously, I have some spare time too, so i want to discuss this your wickedness to your countryman cos you wan sell naija used Toyota, have you no shame? Should i buy you some?

5 Likes

Re: Oil Not Showing On Dip Stick by dru23(m): 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2021
valarinz:

Oga dru, you will not successfully change the topic, let's discuss this

Its weekend obviously, I have some spare time too, so i want to discuss this your wickedness to your countryman cos you wan sell naija used Toyota, have you no shame? Should i buy you some?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Honda Pilot / Acuda MDX / Toyota Highlander / Lexus RX Dilemna / Sienna Gear Box Problem / ***hello House! Which Is Better? A Petrol Or A Diesel Engine Car/suv***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.