Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Trader Moni, Npower Are Waste Of Money -- OAP Michael Effiong - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Trader Moni, Npower Are Waste Of Money -- OAP Michael Effiong (152 Views)

Wasteful Lifestyle Of Equatorial Guinea's Vice President -- OAP Michael Effiong / Trader Moni Activation Takes Place In Plateau, Yobe And Bayelsa / Don't use your Mother for Ritual_OAP Michael Effiong warns yahoo yahoo boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trader Moni, Npower Are Waste Of Money -- OAP Michael Effiong by michaelfix(m): 11:41am On Oct 08, 2021
Media personality, Michael Effiong, has criticized the Federal Govt for spending billions of Naira on projects like Trader Moni, Npower, Feeding of school children and others. The Kpoko FM presenter, said the government should've used these monies for other long time and effective projects.
He wrote this via his Facebook page;

"In my entire life, I have never seen a government that has been busy sharing money than fixing the primary issues, like I have witnessed in this administration. Sharing money to citizens, is like wearing a cap to cover your head just to look good, when you have dandruff. The cap won't treat the disease and the cap won't be there forever, but the disease will keep on eating you. Nations don't grow by sharing money, but by fixing the main challenges before them.
From Traders money, to Npower scheme, to Festus Keyamo-led 774,000 special public works scheme, to N75,000 to education students, to School feeding program. All these programs are unsustainable and non has a long term duration or has been able to solve the Nigerian problems.
Is it traders money? How many traders were upgraded, or how many returned the money? With N10 billion budgeted for such ineffective scheme in 2020, that money was just a waste. Put N5 billion in a tech innovative hub and see what will become of a part of our youths in few years.
Why people praised the Npower scheme, to me, it was just another wasteful means to deceive Nigerians and make them feel happy for a while. You feel employed, but you are unemployed. In 2020, they made plans to spend N400 billion on the questionable scheme alongside others. Invest half of that money in agrotech and see what will become of us.
That Festus-Keyamo led 774 jobs was the laughable among others. It was too funny. In June this year, the said minister said they paid over N24bn to 413,630 beneficiaries. Waste of N24 billion. The scheme is designed to pay few people N20,000 for three months, and after they will return to their struggle. Big waste.
School Feeding Program is another useless program. Who will let his child being fed by strangers? This isn't part of our culture for children to take food from strangers without the parents being around. Sadiya Umar Farouq, The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, won't let a stranger feed her children in her absence. Empower the parents, give them good life and create jobs for them and they will feed their children by themselves.
Things will get better some day, but i can't tell when.
Michael Effiong,
Media Personality."

(1) (Reply)

Now Buy Genuine Duchi White Gold (2021) Coated With Diamond / Honda Pilot For Sale / Man Awarded €30k For Being Called ‘chimpanzee’ By Colleague

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.