Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,276 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? (26150 Views)

What Food Can You Eat Everyday And Not Get Tired? / "I Love Your Culture But..." - British Lady To Her Nigerian Hubby (vid) / What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by nans24: 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nairalanders, abeg am abit curious this afternoon. Regardless of whether you believe in it or not, What Food is forbidden in your culture?

Am asking because I just learnt today that snail is forbidden in my culture meanwhile i dey chop am steady. cheesy

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by thesicilian: 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nothing is forbiddenin my culture, but we generally dislike snakes.
As for snails, you can tell me where you grew up so I can go and pack all the snails available there. It is a super special delicacy for us

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by MufasaLion: 3:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
Absolutely nothing but I personally don't eat any draw soup no matter how delicious it might be.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by vinceyinnovation: 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2021
Chei!!!!

Is it that delicious, lip smacking, tongue wagging, salivating, snails that some people say it is forbidden....

That's like saying "enjoyment is forbidden"

Me I dont know any forbidden food in my culture...
What I know is that anything cooked to be bitter was not prepared for me...

13 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by mariahAngel(f): 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
nans24:
Nairalanders, abeg am abit curious this afternoon. Regardless of whether you believe in it or not, What Food is forbidden in your culture?

Am asking because I just learnt today that snail is forbidden in my culture meanwhile i dey chop am steady. cheesy

lalasticlala
mynd44

I’d love to go snail hunting in your town. cheesy
I can imagine the gigantic snails I’ll find.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by mariahAngel(f): 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
thesicilian:
Nothing is forbiddenin my culture, but we generally dislike snakes.
As for snails, you can tell me where you grew up so I can go and pack all the snails available there. It is a super special delicacy for us

Leave some for me.

5 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by aikyg(m): 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2021
Snail. We are not allowed to touch snail in my culture. Not to talk of eating it. People come from other places to pick snail from our place. We are also not allowed to sell them. The snails just fill the whole bush.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Bola146(f): 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nothing.

4 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by mariahAngel(f): 4:47pm On Oct 08, 2021
aikyg:
Snail. We are not allowed to touch snail in my culture. Not to talk of eating it. People come from other places to pick snail from our place. We are also not allowed to sell them. The snails just fill the whole bush.

Chai! embarassed

Where are you from? I need to go on an expedition.

40 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 08, 2021
Tortoise.
Every other edible thing goes.

I heard people from ondo don't eat pork.

6 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by IllmaticMe: 11:28pm On Oct 08, 2021
Rice

7 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Munzy14(m): 9:08am On Oct 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

Chai! embarassed

Where are you from? I need to go on an expedition.
grin operation arrest every snail in the community...

13 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Munzy14(m): 9:23am On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:
Tortoise.

Tortoise and pork two great meat... shocked

Who rejects white meat undecided

7 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 09, 2021
Munzy14:

Tortoise and pork two great meat... shocked

Who rejects white meat undecided

Tortoise?
You eat tortoise?? Hian! arlu.

11 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Munzy14(m): 9:40am On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:

Tortoise?
You eat tortoise?? Hian! arlu.
All under sea foods..cheesy

Forget the naija jazz stuffs.

Anyone who lives in the riverine settlements will probably laugh at you being surprise on hearing about tortoise being eaten as meat...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 09, 2021
Munzy14:

All under sea foods..cheesy

Forget the naija jazz stuffs.

Anyone who lives in the riverine settlements will probably laugh at you being surprise on hearing about tortoise being eaten as meat...

Ok.
Happy eating. As for me and my household, we can't.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Munzy14(m): 10:03am On Oct 09, 2021
Mercychen:

Ok.
Happy eating. As for me and my household, we can't.
grin
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by mariahAngel(f): 10:38am On Oct 09, 2021
Munzy14:

grin operation arrest every snail in the community...

As in! cheesy

I won't leave that forest until I've gathered all the snails.

One of my brothers once told me that when he was broke in school, one of the guys in the community where he stayed suggested they go snail hunting in the early hours before dawn.
He told me they found lots and lots of gigantic snails. They went the following day and still gathered lots more.
He made soup with some of them, they gave out some and had some left.
They were supposed to go again but mum had to tell him to stop going into bushes in a community and in company of people he's not too familiar with.

I love such adventures.

23 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Munzy14(m): 11:48am On Oct 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

As in! cheesy

I won't leave that forest until I've gathered all the snails.

One of my brothers once told me that when he was broke in school, one of the guys in the community where he stayed suggested they go snail hunting in the early hours before dawn.
He told me they found lots and lots of gigantic snails. They went the following day and still gathered lots more.
He made soup with some of them, they gave out some and had some left.
They were supposed to go again but mum had to tell him to stop going into bushes in a community and in company of people he's not too familiar with.

I love such adventures.
grin Serious adventure..

Kedu?

10 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by mariahAngel(f): 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
Munzy14:

grin Serious adventure..

Kedu?

Yeah. cheesy

I'm fine, thank you.
Gi kwanu?

4 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by mariahAngel(f): 12:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
IllmaticMe:
Rice

For real?

1 Like

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Munzy14(m): 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

Yeah. cheesy

I'm fine, thank you.
Gi kwanu?
A ri mu nma..cheesy

7 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Preciousppearl(f): 9:57am On Oct 10, 2021
Mercychen:
Tortoise.

tortoise one of the sweetest meat.

2 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by mariahAngel(f): 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
Preciousppearl:

12 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Munzy14(m): 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Munzy14(m): 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2021
Preciousppearl:
You can say that again and again...A rich taste better than chicken sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by mariahAngel(f): 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
Munzy14:

grin grin

I chiga ochi? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by mariahAngel(f): 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
Munzy14:

You can say that again and again...

Owu nani say that again and again?
Inukwa nga n’eri mbe... cheesy
E rigburu’m onwe’m? lipsrsealed

A rich taste better than chicken sef.
Na so! undecided

10 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Munzy14(m): 8:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
mariahAngel:

Owu nani say that again and again?
Inukwa nga n’eri mbe... cheesy
E rigburu’m onwe’m? lipsrsealed

Na so! undecided
grin grin

I taa mbe eeeh, I ga ahu ekwe eri anu okuko ozo...lol

I had fun childhood memories sha...Ihe ejiri zuo anyi wu too much protein...Sea foods precisely..

Anu m tarala ka nku...grin

O si naso...grin grin

7 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by Munzy14(m): 8:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
mariahAngel:

I chiga ochi? cheesy
M bewe akwa..grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by mariahAngel(f): 10:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
Munzy14:

grin grin

I taa mbe eeeh, I ga ahu ekwe eri anu okuko ozo...lol

I had fun childhood memories sha...Ihe ejiri zuo anyi wu too much protein...Sea foods precisely..

Anu m tarala ka nku...grin

O si naso...grin grin

I rizuola! grin

6 Likes

Re: What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? by sylve11: 10:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
mariahAngel:

I love such adventures.

Careful girl.....na who dey find snails dey see snakes. cool

@ op, Iguana, dog and snake. I don't like draw soup personally because it doesn't go well with a man's tamina when doing the sexual thing. Hidden secret.... cool

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Common Food Myths That Are Really Not True / Blackberry Bread For Sale In Lagos (PHOTO) / Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.