Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? (4965 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota / Pastor Omasan Mabiaku Delivers A Native Doctor, Destroys His Shrine In Delta / Girmache Shrine, In Kebbi Where Crocodiles Reside & Sacrifices Are Made (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2021
Anyone with useful information about Idemili river/shrine in Anambra state, should kindly assist. Most especially, the actual location.

Thanks.

Nuisance stay far away.

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by chatinent: 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2021
Go and pay your landlord biko. Juju isn't the key.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2021
chatinent:
Go and pay your landlord biko. Juju isn't the key.
Nuisance spotted. Stay far away! Pls.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by budaatum: 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2021
Deserea:
Anyone with useful information about Idemili river/shrine in Anambra state, should kindly assist. Most especially, the actual location.

Thanks.

Nuisance stay far away.

Please google and educate us about the Idemili river/shrine in Anambra state.

Thank you.
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 6:56pm On Oct 08, 2021
budaatum:

Please google and educate us about the Idemili river/shrine in Anambra state.

Thank you.
Google doesn't have details of what am looking for. Lets wait for others opinion.
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by budaatum: 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2021
He already knows what he's looking for so while he awaits opinions, here's some fact.

https://mapcarta.com/17023920

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by budaatum: 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
tomakint:
In some parts of Igboland, the specie of snake called python is treated with utmost respect and dignity while in some other areas in the same Igboland, python is regarded as a dreaded reptile. Idemili clan is a conglomeration of towns that make up the present Idemili North and Idemili South Local Government Areas of Anambra State. It is a well known fact that in Idemili clan, people worship pythons to the extent that it is a taboo to harm or kill the snake. In a situation where the snake which goes by the name Eke Idemili, in the local parlance, is killed by someone, the wrath of the community where the incident took place is always brought to the person who committed the crime and he or she is compelled to accord the snake a befitting burial like that of human being

To a very large extent I love studying about wildlife and on most occasions predators (Lions, Tigers, Pythons, Anacondas, Eagles, Hyenas and the likes have always catch my fancy)! One thing about animals is that they are ruled by Instincts (that means where animals are cared for and not killed they are known to be docile no matter how ferocious they might be, this is true in almost all cases, although not in general terms) unlike humans that are ruled by Instincts and Emotions. However, my emphasis is on the mystery of the pythons that roam free in Idemili where they have been harmless with no recorded case of killing humans despite the monstrous sizes of these serpents. Legend have it that they are sacred creatures that must not be killed, in as much as many of my Igbo friends always tell me about this 'strange culture' I will like to know of any versed Igbo Nairalander who can shed more light and perhaps give graphical representation of how true this cultural practice is and perhaps let us know if the said practice is still on. cool
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2021
budaatum:
He already knows what he's looking for so while he awaits opinions, here's some fact.

https://mapcarta.com/17023920
What do you know about their (Idemili) shrine?
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by budaatum: 7:32pm On Oct 08, 2021
Deserea:
What do you know about their (Idemili) shrine?

Nothing, before your thread. Now you've made me do some research and I'm finding out a about it.

I think its called, learning. Yes. I am learning about Idemili.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by budaatum: 7:42pm On Oct 08, 2021
I'm liking this Idemili Goddess!

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by budaatum: 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2021

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by budaatum: 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2021
She sounds like my Oshun.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2021
budaatum:
...Same here
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2021
More response pls
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by RoyalBoutique(m): 8:16am On Oct 09, 2021
Idemili has so many locations, obosi, ideana, awuda
etc.

But the origin is from nnobi.

Nnobi has a lot of Idemilis.

That's why the sobriquet of Nnobi is "Ana Nso" (holy land).

You can start from there and do your research.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2021
RoyalBoutique:
Idemili has so many locations, obosi, ideana, awuda
etc.

But the origin is from nnobi.

Nnobi has a lot of Idemilis.

That's why the sobriquet of Nnobi is "Ana Nso" (holy land).

You can start from there and do your research.
Thanks
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by BassReeves: 7:34pm On Oct 09, 2021
budaatum:
lqtm

budaatum:
lqtm

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by CrazyMan(m): 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2021
Deserea:

Thanks.

Nuisance stay far away.
It's just like the infamous okija shrine, just that they have a lot respect for pythons.

Rumor has it that the community is protected by the python spirit so killing them is forbidden in idemili community.

The shrine isn't different from other shrines, it has a chief priest and other lower priest who attempt to provide solutions to customers who come there.

What's your obsession with the place if I may ask?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by A001: 10:05pm On Oct 09, 2021
budaatum:
It appears you're from Osun.

Do you think mermaids are real?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2021
CrazyMan:

It's just like the infamous okija shrine, just that they have a lot respect for pythons.

Rumor has it that the community is protected by the python spirit so killing them is forbidden in idemili community.

The shrine isn't different from other shrines, it has a chief priest and other lower priest who attempt to provide solutions to customers who come there.

What's your obsession with the place if I may ask?
Spiritual bath for success and protection. Which one are you sugggesting?
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 10:47pm On Oct 09, 2021
A001:
Yes, they are.
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by A001: 9:15am On Oct 10, 2021
Deserea:
Yes, they are.
Why are you so sure?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by budaatum: 11:49am On Oct 10, 2021
A001:

As in, do I create mermaids in my head and claim they are real? After all, if they are real you'd ask me if and where I saw one or to provide evidence for one, right?

P.s. that your "think" was an attempt to hide the fact that you meant "believe". Just saying so you know you can't trick me that easy, lol.

Yes, I am from Osun. The Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun, to be precise, from where I source the Osun River from the Owalla.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by A001: 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
budaatum:

As in, do I create mermaids in my head and claim they are real? After all, if they are real you'd ask me if and where I saw one or to provide evidence for one, right?

P.s. that your "think" was an attempt to hide the fact that you meant "believe". Just saying so you know you can't trick me that easy, lol.

It's a simple yes or no question. I didn't say believe. Think doesn't always mean believe.

Let me rephrase the question then: Have you seen a mermaid with the naked eye?
budaatum:

Yes, I am from Osun. The Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun, to be precise, from where I source the Osun River from the Owalla.
That's interesting. Since the name of your state Osun was named after a goddess, who was a mermaid, according to the stories I heard, are mermaids real?

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
budaatum:

Pls tell me more about the goddess. Is she like Idemili? Do people go there to seek spiritual solutions?
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by budaatum: 12:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
A001:

It's a simple yes or no question. I didn't say believe. Think doesn't always mean believe.

Let me rephrase the question then: Have you seen a mermaid with the naked eye?

That's interesting. Since the name of your state Osun was named after a goddess, who was a mermaid, according to the stories I heard, are mermaids real?

No, I have never seen a mermaid, nor have I heard any evidence to make me think mermaids are real!

Did you not say you had been reading my posts and know me well?

budaatum:

When I was like really young, these mates of mine who grew up in Obanikoro Village told me rats talk. Well, even at barely 7, I was atheistic in nature, so I argued that rats don't talk. Now there were like 5 of them, so they ganged up on me calling me all sorts of names and that I know nothing, "rats talk jo!".

One day, about two years later, we were in the home of one of them and NTA was showing Tom and Jerry. "There," they said, pointing to the telly. "I thought you said rats don't talk?"

Turns out oyinbo rats do talk, silly me!
Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by budaatum: 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Deserea:
Pls tell me more about the goddess. Is she like Idemili? Do people go there to seek spiritual solutions?

Some people go there to seek spiritual solutions but the only ones who find spiritual solutions there are those who understand that:

Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field. In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return.

1 Share

Re: What Do You Know About Idemili Shrine??? by Deserea: 11:55pm On Nov 02, 2021
More reply please

(1) (Reply)

Where In Nigeria Can One Find Yoga, Buddhism, Hinduism, New Age, And Such. / Why Do Some Christians Put On Cross. / Pillars Of A Christian's Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.