Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,793 members, 7,806,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day (35074 Views)

Woman Beats Up Her Boss With A Mop Stick For Sending Inappropriate Texts / Happy Teachers' Day / How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by femi4: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2021
drimzsmoke:

@No 2.....Are you sure?
I think the guy is no longer under the dad's wing
You could have pointed out the mistake(s) without the insult,as in,"ko necessary rara"
So if you're no longer under him, his fatherly/teacher's role stopped immediately
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by xpertoyin: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2021
African parents sha!!! Most always form hard guy, everything na learning/discipline opportunity. But we love and understand them.
it is like when your mum wants to apologize and says have you eaten? Or your dad say come and remove my shoes.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by drimzsmoke(m): 11:29am On Oct 10, 2021
femi4:
So if you're no longer under him, his fatherly/teacher's role stopped immediately
Is the dad still giving him life
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by femi4: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2021
drimzsmoke:

Is the dad still giving him life
Probably that's the only role your Dad played
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Joydan95: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2021
ConnectPhones:
Response I got after sending Happy Teachers day to my dad. Local man is not an English teacher.
Your error
* Parents instead of “Parent”
* “ But” - is often used when contradicting an initial sentence
* Served instead of “ Serve” ( your father is still alive na)

1 Like

Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Major8: 11:31am On Oct 10, 2021
jaeyking:
I think It should be "Parents give us"
I think it should have been “gave instead of give”. What do I know?
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by ConnectPhones(m): 11:32am On Oct 10, 2021
Joydan95:

Your error
* Parents instead of “Parent”
* “ But” - is often used when contradicting an initial sentence
* Served instead of “ Serve” ( your father is still alive na)
yes bro

2 Likes

Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by ConnectPhones(m): 11:33am On Oct 10, 2021
crestedaguiyi:

Parents give us life and teachers teach us how to live it but my dad served as both.

Those are the 2 words that need correction in the first parents.

Your dad is humorous
Bank he small thing
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by ConnectPhones(m): 11:34am On Oct 10, 2021
femi4:
Parents give not gives. The subject and verb must agree

2. My Dad serves not served

You didn't learn anything from him grammatically
you Finished me, I swear. He was an Economice Teacher.
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by drimzsmoke(m): 11:34am On Oct 10, 2021
femi4:
Probably that's the only role your Dad played

Thank you
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by elonmuskbaby: 11:35am On Oct 10, 2021
yanabasee2:
Many of us was y opportuned to grow up with educated parents..... But we did our best....

Having a father or mother who would correct your blunders is world class... Don't take it for granted...
yea I get but the dad ruined the happy moment.at least the father should have looked past the errors.appreciate the message at least

Its like coming to your house to give you a birthday gift and instead of appreciating the efforts,you complain about me coming to your house dressed in a particular way
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by od501: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2021
ConnectPhones:
Response I got after sending Happy Teachers day to my dad. Local man is not an English teacher.

Red piller. I like that dude already! cool
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Blake755: 11:37am On Oct 10, 2021
Nah for person wey get better papa we we dey for ourselves no love while growing up cry
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Welrez(m): 11:40am On Oct 10, 2021
Delfonics:
Hello All,

I apologise if I am not posting in the right section. I basically require someone who can type and is willing to make a few euros doing so. The job is not complicated - It will involve good knowledge of MS word and MS power point.

First, you receive the documents in MS word format and you are required to copy and paste relevant portions onto a single word document and present the information in a table format.

The next step will involve copying from MS word onto PowerPoint and formatting acordingly.

If you are interested, please send me a private message.

Thanks and regards.
I have a friend who is excellent but he is jobless and hopes to get something like this to do. Please, can I link him to you?
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by EmperorTolson: 11:42am On Oct 10, 2021
Delfonics:
Hello All,

I apologise if I am not posting in the right section. I basically require someone who can type and is willing to make a few euros doing so. The job is not complicated - It will involve good knowledge of MS word and MS power point.

First, you receive the documents in MS word format and you are required to copy and paste relevant portions onto a single word document and present the information in a table format.

The next step will involve copying from MS word onto PowerPoint and formatting acordingly.

Thanks and regards.
I sent you a pm
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by rolams(m): 11:43am On Oct 10, 2021
You dey craz for telling your father to correct his error and send it back to you. I for slap you if to say I dey close to you.

You no get respect. Can you tell your teacher the same?
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by basty: 11:47am On Oct 10, 2021
Third person singular/plural

They give / we give
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by micflo28(m): 11:47am On Oct 10, 2021
Parents give us life, Teachers teach us how to live it, but my dad functioned as both. If only proper grammatical structuring is still appreciated in this part of the world. You have a loving dad, some had ones that sleep with their daughters. Cherish your dad.
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Chigold101(m): 11:47am On Oct 10, 2021
ConnectPhones:
you used the word "served," it looks as if he is no more playing both roles.

so I think you should use the word "serves."
Because he is still playing the role
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by anochuko01(m): 11:52am On Oct 10, 2021
My dad corrected my English one day...omo cold catch me straight up. I know immediately say I Bleep up embarassed
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by busariabeyx24(m): 11:53am On Oct 10, 2021
Parent gives and not parent gives.
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by ofordegreat(m): 11:55am On Oct 10, 2021
ConnectPhones:

Once a Teacher, always a teacher...�
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by seyz91(m): 11:58am On Oct 10, 2021
yea
jaeyking:
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by seyz91(m): 11:59am On Oct 10, 2021
i tell you
yanabasee2:
Many of us was y opportuned to grow up with educated parents..... But we did our best....

Having a father or mother who would correct your blunders is world class... Don't take it for granted...
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Chinedu1994(m): 11:59am On Oct 10, 2021
Delfonics:
Hello All,

Thanks and regards.
I am interested.
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Bar1941(m): 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
The old man proved his work as a teacher.
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by oranget(m): 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
Delfonics:
Hello All,

Thanks and regards.
Scam
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by oranget(m): 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
Chinedu1994:
I am interested.
Don't fall prey, I'm warning you
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by IbileIfe: 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
ConnectPhones:
Very hard and slightly sweet. Thank God for the Hard. If not I for don loss
Correct the last part of your comment and repost again.
I am waiting. grin
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by redcliff: 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
Tohsynetita1:
parent gives not parents gives, parent is a singular noun. like pair of shoes, A pair is several entities

yes and in that expression he was referring to parents as several entities before he whittled down the specifics to his dad. you cannot say "Parent give" or "parent gives"
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Princeton92(m): 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
jaeyking:

Parents give us....
Teachers teach us....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is There Any Hope For Microbiologist In Nigeria / GLO Sack Letter Based On Marital Status (Photo) / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.