Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day (35076 Views)

Woman Beats Up Her Boss With A Mop Stick For Sending Inappropriate Texts / Happy Teachers' Day / How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by chineloSA(f): 8:08am On Oct 11, 2021
Parents give us life. A teacher teaches us how to live it,but my dad served as both.
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by jayworld15(m): 8:38am On Oct 11, 2021
Jimmy231:
oga parent is a sungular noun and a singular verbs will follow so it’s parent gives. U no even know anything self and u they correct person.

Go back to basic English knowledge. You're too "wise" to know the plural form of free morpheme "parent." When you add the bound morpheme "s" to that free morpheme, it leaves you with plural form of parent.

I don't need to argue with you, wisest King Solomon.
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Blesyn22(m): 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
Exactly like my father...

I do consult dictionaries after writing to online. He hasn't changed from posting social media in upper case grin
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by do4luv14(m): 8:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
jaeyking:
I think It should be "Parents give us"

I think it's the last line of the paragraph,

I. e, as, instead of Us
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by jaeyking(m): 8:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
do4luv14:

I think it's the last line of the paragraph,

I. e, as, instead of Us

You are actually WRONG.
He is referring to his dad being a parent and also a teacher (his profession)

The mistake is he used "a plural subject with a singular verb" "parents is plural and gives is singular"

So it's "parents give us" or "parent gives us"

Remember when dealing with verb words ending with "s" are regarded as singular
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by jaeyking(m): 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2021
Tohsynetita1:
parent gives not parents gives, parent is a singular noun. like pair of shoes, A pair is several entities
Many aspects of English were not taught in Secondary School, if you know how simple diction and phonics are, you will marvel. It's only those who attended Montessori or British Schools that could notice, what Nigeria Education system does for English Language is, open your textbook, read comprehension page bla bla, answer it and submit. That was what I did in my school for almost 10 years of English Language. I knew difference between ordinary it's and its when I wanted to write Jamb. In short, English Language syllabus needs to be reviewed. Ordinary comma can change English language sentence meaning.

Lol it's "a possessive pronoun"
And its "more like a short form"

We learn everyday.

English no be our father language
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by hurryup123(m): 8:46pm On Oct 11, 2021
efeteb:
Fake post. So you saved your father's name on your phone as ''popsy WhatsApp''

This is a pointer that you just coined this.

We move!
could be that, that very line is for his whatsapp
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by do4luv14(m): 11:04pm On Oct 11, 2021
jaeyking:

You are actually WRONG.
He is referring to his dad being a parent and also a teacher (his profession)

The mistake is he used "a plural subject with a singular verb" "parents is plural and gives is singular"

So it's "parents give us" or "parent gives us"

Remember when dealing with verb words ending with "s" are regarded as singular

oh his dad is a teacher,
don't know,
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by yoursidenigga(m): 10:44am On Oct 16, 2021
femi4:
How do you retire from being a father
meant the teacher. But the two were represented with that
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Harrisee(m): 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2021
rolams:
You dey craz for telling your father to correct his error and send it back to you. I for slap you if to say I dey close to you.

You no get respect. Can you tell your teacher the same?

Oga which brand of weed do you take?
You couldn't even understand the post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is There Any Hope For Microbiologist In Nigeria / GLO Sack Letter Based On Marital Status (Photo) / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.