Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. (20125 Views)

Electrician Electrocuted While Working On A Pole In Port-Harcourt. Photos / The Disadvantages Of Working Under A Woman In An Office / Lagos Bus Conductor Dresses Corporately While Working (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by seunny4lif(m): 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
Make dem dey abeg, a go get like two concubines if i reach grin
You be correct werey grin
Baby mama go chop you raw grin
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by OlawaleBammie: 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
seunny4lif:

You be correct werey grin
Baby mama go chop you raw grin
and who tell u am ready to impregnate them grin

Dey there ooh
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by OlawaleBammie: 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
seunny4lif:

grin grin
Akure for Akure kingdom grin
a no know that village abeg grin
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by okewumi: 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hmmm.
I have worked with two and l learnt a lot of lesson. The man stays two weeks in Nigeria (best hotel in Lagos) and two weeks in USA.
1. They value their time. They believe time is money. The man prefers you take uber to a treckable distance to save time.
2. They value their tools, car anything than you. They will tell you how they bought a spoon/spanner in Canada and if you don't handle it well, they can sack you. They believe there are thousands of you outside than the stress the will undergo to get things you misplace.
3. They are very stingy. They don't see you that you can have any help to render for them financially. Nollywood is nonsense to them. They can send you an errand and expect change of #50
4. If you are very good and diligent, they will use you and want you to be slave to them. If possible your children and you be also slave to their unborn children in the future.
5. Despite doing your job diligently and being loyal doesn't mean anything to them. You are only doing your job even with your overtime. They fire you at any slightly mistake without remembering your sacrifice. Im
6. They don't need your idea. In there mind, you should keep your idea to yourself. Their idea is the best. To them, you should go and use your idea to be rich.
7. They forget to pay salary sometimes because of their schedule. They can decide to own you for months. They believe they must exploit the poor to be more richer. A poor employee is a tool in the hand of the rich.
8. Working for them doesn't make your life better or rich. You can work for an average person and achieve a lot than the so called rich. They prefer you eat best food with them than to be given cash. Eat with them and have energy to do work in the next day is their believe. They believe if youare given cash and you are comfortable, you nay be rich.
9. Most doesn't believe in religion especially the Christian one. They mock pastors and laugh, when they are in their mist. They can send imam or pastors to mecca/ Jerusalem so that you can keep praying for them.
Tired to talk jare.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by OlawaleBammie: 10:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
seunny4lif:
grin
Overseas for Akure grin
Yes na, alagbaka area grin
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by larryking540: 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
bepositive11:

Very true. It's too late by the time they realise what's going on

It's good that you're straightforward and honest. Sadly though, many women don't know the value of it
tru,many attitude from both men and women, changes the real person some time after a relationship breakup ,but its okay to still be straightforward, someone attitude towards you shouldn't be wat u use in harming your future who aren't aware ,,,
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by mentro: 10:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
HenryDion:
For those who don't know a wealthy or elite person, take me as an example cool
Hey bro, what happened to your blog entmirror? Really used to enjoy it then.
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by EgusiShankly: 11:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
He's inconsiderate
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by HBB1(m): 11:47pm On Oct 11, 2021
okewumi:
Hmmm.
I have worked with two and l learnt a lot of lesson. The man stays two weeks in Nigeria (best hotel in Lagos) and two weeks in USA.
1. They value their time. They believe time is money. The man prefers you take uber to a treckable distance to save time.
2. They value their tools, car anything than you. They will tell you how they bought a spoon/spanner in Canada and if you don't handle it well, they can sack you. They believe there are thousands of you outside than the stress the will undergo to get things you misplace.
3. They are very stingy. They don't see you that you can have any help to render for them financially. Nollywood is nonsense to them. They can send you an errand and expect change of #50
4. If you are very good and diligent, they will use you and want you to be slave to them. If possible your children and you be also slave to their unborn children in the future.
5. Despite doing your job diligently and being loyal doesn't mean anything to them. You are only doing your job even with your overtime. They fire you at any slightly mistake without remembering your sacrifice. Im
6. They don't need your idea. In there mind, you should keep your idea to yourself. Their idea is the best. To them, you should go and use your idea to be rich.
7. They forget to pay salary sometimes because of their schedule. They can decide to own you for months. They believe they must exploit the poor to be more richer. A poor employee is a tool in the hand of the rich.
8. Working for them doesn't make your life better or rich. You can work for an average person and achieve a lot than the so called rich. They prefer you eat best food with them than to be given cash. Eat with them and have energy to do work in the next day is their believe. They believe if youare given cash and you are comfortable, you nay be rich.
9. Most doesn't believe in religion especially the Christian one. They mock pastors and laugh, when they are in their mist. They can send imam or pastors to mecca/ Jerusalem so that you can keep praying for them.
Tired to talk jare.

You have only been working with horrible people

End of story!

P.S: there are wonderful wealthy people the world over.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by seunny4lif(m): 12:48am On Oct 12, 2021
grin
OlawaleBammie:
and who tell u am ready to impregnate them grin

Dey there ooh
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Tubes(m): 3:35am On Oct 12, 2021
To work with elite men or people of high calibers, you gotta buy into their reality and make it yours.

Nothing like your own life or career path, it must align with theirs else you'll be tagged unloyal.

Oh yes! They would call you disloyal and even more names the one time you say No to their request.

There’s nothing like your own life. Don’t get me wrong some may be different.
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 12, 2021
Tubes:
To work with elite men or people of high calibers, you gotta buy into their reality and make it yours.

Nothing like your own life or career path, it must align with theirs else you'll be tagged unloyal.

Oh yes! They would call you disloyal and even more names the one time you say No to their request.

There’s nothing like your own life. Don’t get me wrong some may be different.

Rich is all you said
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 12, 2021
HBB1:

End of story!

No, that's it
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 12, 2021
okewumi:
Hmmm.
Tired to talk jare.

That's why I love rich people... They force people with brain to build their own wealth and retain people without brain to continue asslicking them

What they have gone through before they become rich,sharpens them to new behavior

E. g some of them were church people before they gave up on prayer and start working hard only. When they achieve their aim without regular going to church, they will start questioning God's existence.

They are religious in words, but atheist in action.

Some of them suffered humiliation just because of poverty and God didn't come to rescue them.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Hassanmaye(m): 7:06am On Oct 12, 2021
seunny4lif:

If you work in International then you don hammer
I only worked for 2 weeks and I was able to get over 120K but my salary was 12K then
Blood of Zachariah!!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by seunny4lif(m): 7:14am On Oct 12, 2021
grinsad
Hassanmaye:

Blood of Zachariah!!
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by okewumi: 7:46am On Oct 12, 2021
HBB1:

End of story!

[color=#990000][/color]

They are not horrible at all.

You just need to negotiate well before working with them. You can work with an average company over years to add value to yourself and be a professional. Immediately you are for an interview to work with them, negotiate properly and package yourself well. If they want you, they are ready to employ u. You must value your off-time period into negotiations
My boss can call you middle of the night to get job update (time difference of USA to Nigeria)

Most of them are very hardworking and doesn't joke with relaxation. Their schedule may be tight but they don't joke with vacation.

They don't eat anyhow. A poor man can eat five EBA with one meat, but the rich will eat snail and vegetable to be healthy.

There are good ones, example is a man who is presently a state governor in southwest. His name start with M. Before he became governor, he is a philanthropist, a cheerful giver. He will buy children cloths from USA and ask staff to share and give to their children. His drivers usually fight each other with hr so that they can drive him. He will ensure you buy a land. For instance, he can ask you where is your land, if you are stammering that you have #200k and the land is #500k. He will write check of #300k for you so that you can buy and assist you while you are building it.
He send workers for training irrespective of your tribe. Let me stop there.

The button line is, negotiate well during interview, don't expect any cheap money because they are rich and plan your life. Even in free town, nothing is free. always be honest

You will learn from them. I think l av learn a lot from their way of life

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by anthonyuncle(m): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2021
JackWolfskin:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Ishiaq1(m): 8:57am On Oct 12, 2021
Do u need an opportunity where you contribute 2 hours of time daily to build your dream without jeopardizing what you do presently?...

NB: Having the right opportunity with the right system makes you stay ahead in this connected economy. Click the link below to apply;
https:///3Bzs2Jk
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Konquest: 9:04am On Oct 12, 2021
kennethfranc:
My current boss who is a mega millionaire but you can never know if dem no tell you. He Lives a simple bachelor life (His family is in another state).
He gives for a living. Imagine getting 75% extra on alowee on top the normal salary.
The only disadvantage is when he's angry (which doesn't last up to an hr) just give am 100m space grin grin

Oga me your generation no go ever beg
Awesome! Money doesn't
change a man, it only amplifies
what is already there. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by MOTIONTECH(m): 9:51am On Oct 12, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Maybe among your circle,tribe,etc.
Every rich Igbo businessmen has d same story pattern = My uncle,in law,townsman,distant relative etc took me under his wings,I served him and he settled me to establish my own business.
Ekene dili Chukwu transport was once Sir Louis Ojukwu's truck driver(Col Ojukwu's father)
Same story with Ifesinachi,GUO etc
tor, you have a point
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by bazooka4jesus: 11:11am On Oct 12, 2021
seankim:
I wish there is a better way to present this.

Have you ever worked or currently working under a super rich man/woman? a celebrity a high class politician? please share your experience with them.

Based on my own experience with my former boss(A billionaire businessman), the rich live like any other people out there, nothing so special. They have their own 'common' problems too. they also quarrel over petty things as well.

PROS: My former boss was very good to me. He took me as his own brother. We used to attend events together. I mean, super private events in places like ikoyi and banana island.
Imagine the thought that'll be running through your mind when you know that you don't actually belong to a gathering.
(flamboyant life at ikoyi in the day, your own reality by evening, a rented apartment in Ogba).

CONS: While I was with him, I didn't have my time to myself.

That could had been my dad but I distance the man I work for myself, I stay ogba too buzz me on telegram
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by incredible2017: 1:06pm On Oct 12, 2021
People that will use what you need from them to frustrate you.
These days I don't deal with elite people, I deal with cool and easygoing people.
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by kennethfranc(m): 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
Konquest:

Awesome! Money doesn't
change a man, it only amplifies
what is already there. wink
On Counter note, Money and & power changes most men.... Check am well

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by bepositive11: 3:11am On Oct 13, 2021
larryking540:

tru,many attitude from both men and women, changes the real person some time after a relationship breakup ,but its okay to still be straightforward, someone attitude towards you shouldn't be wat u use in harming your future who aren't aware ,,,

Well said
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by sakanifemi123(m): 4:49pm On Oct 13, 2021
The things I can say about them is that most of them are very stingy to thier workers who are working for the growth of their wealth, but if you see them in the party you would weep, if you see the way they lavish money would make you cry. They pay peanuts money and sometimes they own money of their worker. they don't care about you only thier family and thier wealth would be growing more is thier main goal. you can be working with rich and still be poor.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by SavageResponse(m): 11:42pm On Oct 23, 2021
HenryDion:

Imagine someone feeling fly and entitled to someone's money... It's this entitlement mentality that discourages me from helping a lot of people.

No matter how many times you help, that once you failed to help, you become stingy.

They wouldn't remember other times you help them, nor even attempt to pay back their loan.

They expect you to forget it. After all, you're rich!!!

What you have described is exactly the attitude most poor people have and this is the reason they find it difficult to break away from the shackles of poverty!
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by SavageResponse(m): 12:33am On Oct 24, 2021
Evolutionlove:

If anyone Is still wondering why nigeria Is the way It Is, Here you have your reason. Like "It Is all of those conductors are happy doing that degrading Job" Many among them na Condition make dem dey do the Job while some are happy doing It. But I can tell you most of them would leave the shitty Job Immediately Grace & Fortune locates them. All In all, May Almighty God not let me meet or come across animals In human skin like you In my endeavors In life. Amen. Imagine an animal like you becomes the fresident of refublic of naijiriya. Na die everybody go dey.....grin

From what I can see you are the animal here!
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by SMJay: 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2022
shocked
Re: Share Your Experience While Working Under An Elite Person. by Oyindamolah: 12:52am On Jun 25, 2022
shocked
MOTIONTECH:
i will just share my own experience, wont even go near my boss, i will just share my experience being friend with the presumed super rich abi na elite rich.
1) Some of them are not really rich, they just appear to be rich.
2)If you want to make it in life dont feel your rich friend or family will always help you or whether they will give you the kind of support you feel they should give you.
3)Rich people hardly give money for free, you have to work for them, they wont wake up one morning and tell you to send your account number, it wont happen you have to work for the money you get from them. Eg my guy no worry i go help you supervise your project. You just have to do something before their money can enter your hand.
4)Getting more money is key to them
5)They have had their own fair share of ''the evil people do'' and they use those experiences to treat others they come across with (dont assume they know you are different, they know but they are never going to let their guards dwon).
6)If you are not their day one forget it, you can hardly build any reasonable personal relationship with them.
7) Make your own money dnt ever rely on their own, dont ever assume that you have them. ''You go choke''.
coolTheir money is not enough for them.
9)Aviod making emotional decisions because of them, they dont care.
DISCLAIMER: everything written above are from my personal experiences.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Calls Out Event Decorator Who Allegedly Steals Photos Online / I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This / Is There A Bright Future For Biotechnologists In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.