Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,252 members, 7,807,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? (30465 Views)

Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It / The Most Painful Thing Your Spouse Said or Did To You That Still Hurts You? / My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by MoyosoreEkenimi: 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
My guy, na so. Endagearing planet.

Kobojunkie:
Yes you are wicked for releasing the gas into the atmosphere like you did, further endangering our planet. Instead of that stewpid act, you could have simply taken the cylinder into your room to store it. undecided

Anyways, you will eventually need to do some cooking of your own, right? Hopefully by then you would have learned some commonsense and also realized that to set boundaries, you do so with wisdom not foolishness. undecided
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by fotadmowmend(m): 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
You are wicked.... Shey u wan burn house ni
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by fotadmowmend(m): 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
YourVILAGEpeple:
People are wicked and inconsiderate.... I experienced this during my NYSC.... My cooking Gas... Even Pure water... Salt... Pepper... Maggi cube... Oil, onion..... The woman dey even come for soup.... Soup wey she wan give her husband oh....
I took my measures shaa... But it didn't stop her from being who she is..
Take ya actions and don't look back... Av learnt that being Nice to people ain't good... You gat to be mean mehn
That kind of wife dey find something else o. Hope she dey watch BBN for your room too

1 Like

Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by Fyngal1(f): 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
sisisioge:
Whew! This is one of the reasons I preach drawing lines at sharing! Hian! Anyways, e never spoil finish.

1. Dont fill for now.
2. Aggressively start cooking a lot plus boiling water too on theirs.
3. Watch out for her attitude.
4. Once you spot it, pretend you didnt and still attempt to use hers until she talks.
5. Apologize and lockup
6. Get a carpenter to build a cupboard that can house the gas and some of your utensils with locks.
7. Then fill your gas and always lock it up once done.
8. If she asks, please say no without shyness.

Being mumu has never benefited anyone fa....may God help us all.

@aytech360 this is the best option. Especially the cupboard part. Get a carpenter to build one for you ASAP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by Bamzyriches451: 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
You're not wicked Mr man, the country hard
But you're not supposed to empty the gas like that, that's a waste and a lost for you, you should have allowed her to use it and allow the gas to finish Then you lock your cylinder inside your room and see if she won't cook for her family again.
Who knows if she's even collecting the money to refill their own cylinder from her husband and decide to corner it one side because she now uses yours freely?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by Originalsly: 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
I don't think you're wicked..... emotional yes. Money for the gas is not a problem ... so why complain about the price? They using your gas is normal stuff ... why would they even bother to ask permission again when you never said anything? .... silence means consent. To buy gas and release it doesn't make sense... that's being emotional. Now that there's no gas.... and no plans to refill for a month ... you should be eagerly waiting for them to buy ... which they will ... and immediately begin to use theirs ... not asking permission.... and cooking wayyy more often than usual. They will say something.... whatever the rules they make for you... ask them if they only apply when it comes to their gas. After ... buy your own gas and draw the line... no more sharing.

Always nip things in the bud ... too late when they take root.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by Valhalaog(m): 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=aytech360 post=106577956]There is this my neighbor wife that is annoying me.

The story

I have a 3kg cooking gas cylinder that I used to fill regularly when I finished it up while cooking and they have their own too 5kg.

When their own finishes they will be using my own for a day or two before they refill their own with my permission when they asked for it which I consider a normal stuff and I don’t have problem with it since the money to refill is not my problem.

But for two months now when the gas price went up I have been noticing some stupid shit coming from the wife where she will rush to my own gas to cook and she didn’t even ask for permission again and she consider it normal since I don’t use to talk.

They don’t even fill their gas anymore and I am the one filling my own gas to cook for the whole house the thing I normally used for a 3-4 weeks now I must fill every Saturday amount to 1800# and I am tired of this shit and I don’t want to hurt them by insulting the woman because they consider me the good guy.

I will have to wait to cook on my own gas for them to finish silly.

So I just refill the 3kg for 1950# in my area and before I even cook anything they’ve started using it and it annoyed me and I released the gas to the air to empty cylinder when she gone out to her work.

As usual she has bought what she wanted to cook in the night and went straight to the gas to cook and she noticed it has empty and there is no option again. So I have decided not to fill the gas again for like a month because things are hard and the price for the gas kept going up.

Not at all my guy, let them refill their own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by yemi1504: 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
suffering:
99% of problems on Nairaland consist of a male wondering about a female or being in trouble with one. If this doesn’t mean that a woman in one’s life is the death of peace then I don’t know what is.

They will say it is due to their "em0tions" which is why most of th3m don't take to correction or talking to SMH (My sister toed this stupid line until time did its thing). What the Op did was in line, message sent to reset her "em0tional" brain.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by yemi1504: 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
eyinjuege:
Don't fill your gas again (though you shouldn't have wasted it by letting the air all out. You could have kept it in your room).
Now, when they fill their own gas, start cooking with it and see their response . I'm sure they will vex for you.
Whenever you finally decide to fill your gas back, start keeping it locked in your room.
That kin woman, even if you warn her not to use it, she will still use in your absence

Exactly and knowing them, if you vex again, they will say you are "overreacting". Reason I don't want their problems currently by being single and not searching.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by deltateam: 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2021
aytech360:
There is this my neighbor wife that is annoying me.

The story

I have a 3kg cooking gas cylinder that I used to fill regularly when I finished it up while cooking and they have their own too 5kg.

When their own finishes they will be using my own for a day or two before they refill their own with my permission when they asked for it which I consider a normal stuff and I don’t have problem with it since the money to refill is not my problem.

But for two months now when the gas price went up I have been noticing some stupid shit coming from the wife where she will rush to my own gas to cook and she didn’t even ask for permission again and she consider it normal since I don’t use to talk.

They don’t even fill their gas anymore and I am the one filling my own gas to cook for the whole house the thing I normally used for a 3-4 weeks now I must fill every Saturday amount to 1800# and I am tired of this shit and I don’t want to hurt them by insulting the woman because they consider me the good guy.

So I just refill the 3kg for 1950# in my area and before I even cook anything they’ve started using it and it annoyed me and I released the gas to the air to empty cylinder when she gone out to her work.

As usual she has bought what she wanted to cook in the night and went straight to the gas to cook and she noticed it has empty and there is no option again. So I have decided not to fill the gas again for like a month because things are hard and the price for the gas kept going up.

Am I wicked

You're not wicked merely silly for wasting your money by releasing your filled cylinder to air thus polluting the atmosphere with unwanted gas.

You should have simply stood up to her like a man and register your displeasure.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by Origin(f): 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2021
We shy people Sha....

The good guys cos we don't want to talk and offend others. And the others wey no get sense to use small so u can use another day.

The worst part if you try and lock your gas up, they will start giving you the "wetin de do this one" eye. As if they are the normal people.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by yemi1504: 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2021
Collinsaik:
what i undastand from ur story is that u lack self confidence as a person whch u must work on.
u wasted ur gas behind her probably becos u lack the courage to look her in the face and ask her to stop making use of your gas for her cooking due to fear of the unknow make she for no go land pesin dirty slap in response untop ur own gas wey u use your own money buy grin grin
secondly a confident person wil not seek validation from people over their decisions like u are doing with this post.

Where self-confidence dey end when it come to woman matter? She will start saying he is saying it "angrily and in a loud voice". You know them already when they are never ready to listen so why bother. So Op was in line with what he did, I would do the same thing if I were in his shoes. You forget this gender thinks with emotions and know which kind of guy to listen or not listen to based on that SMH (My sister is a very good case, to make her stupid point, she didn't care if I starved, but time has done its thing as usual grin).
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by shantti(m): 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
donprayer900:
Only warming of soup and stew is allowed. Just tell them that

What if they want to cook beans or fio fio, how then will they do it?
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by Kaysalas(m): 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
aytech360:

The story

Am I wicked
Karry ya gas enter room after you cook finish. No story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by yemi1504: 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
sisisioge:
Whew! This is one of the reasons I preach drawing lines at sharing! Hian! Anyways, e never spoil finish.

1. Dont fill for now.
2. Aggressively start cooking a lot plus boiling water too on theirs.
3. Watch out for her attitude.
4. Once you spot it, pretend you didnt and still attempt to use hers until she talks.
5. Apologize and lockup
6. Get a carpenter to build a cupboard that can house the gas and some of your utensils with locks.
7. Then fill your gas and always lock it up once done.
8. If she asks, please say no without shyness.

Being mumu has never benefited anyone fa....may God help us all.

Thank you! Especially at 4 and beyond!
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by yemi1504: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
aytech360:
Thanks everyone,

I have paid my carpenter 20k to help me with small kitchen cabinet and I am on my way to purchase 2 face gas burner that I will be using with it then I can be locking my stuffs up

Perfect! Also, no clear that woman why you take the action o, e get why.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by yemi1504: 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kajaard:
You are not wicked. You did the right thing. I have noticed Nigerians love taking advantage of peoples kindness.

Abi. Reason why I am heartless these days, if I no wan help you, I no wan help be that.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by yemi1504: 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
Klass99:

Pls return and update us on her reaction to all of this, when you and the carpenter are done.

It would be interesting to hear the continuation and part two of this saga cheesy

She go vex as usual, dey look for thing wey go make the man vex after this one. I get her kind type for where I dey live and I no dey clear anything, they misbehave, I take drastic action and that na the end of am.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
How can you be asking if you're wicked?

Are you insecure about yourself that you don't want not to see you as a bad person to the point of being ........ ?
aytech360:

The story

Am I wicked
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by Ladycewhy(f): 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
What type of men are we seeing these days?

Madam stop using my gas ,and if she doesn't when you finish take your gas cylinder inside your apartment , simple but no you would rather let out the air, and stop filling gas there by indirectly punishing yourself.

Mr op, man up abeg, I don't like men like you at all.stop being immature and man up.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by yemi1504: 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
Prenonjebose:

Hahahaha. No, you are not. She is an adult, so she sure knew what she was doing using your gas continuously, while not filling her own. As crude as your action may seem, you have passed the message across to her in a way that talking may not have been able to achieve.

Which passing that message is way better than the confrontation with this gender. Confrontation with them shortens your life if you are not careful.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by Akuruoulo(m): 2:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
aytech360:

The story

Am I wicked
Are you wicked ?
YOU DIS KIND KICK BEFORE U GO KNOW ANSWER TO UR QUESTION ?
U FOR ALLOW THEM TO FINISH THE GAS NAH BEFORE PACKING IN LIKE CONDEMNED CAR.
WHY EMPTY ?

Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by yemi1504: 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
YourVILAGEpeple:
People are wicked and inconsiderate.... I experienced this during my NYSC.... My cooking Gas... Even Pure water... Salt... Pepper... Maggi cube... Oil, onion..... The woman dey even come for soup.... Soup wey she wan give her husband oh....
I took my measures shaa... But it didn't stop her from being who she is..
Take ya actions and don't look back... Av learnt that being Nice to people ain't good... You gat to be mean mehn

Me too. I take my drastic actions too, that is enough message to such kind of inconsiderate people without confronting them! The drastic action is to lock his gas cylinder away, that is enough message for the woman. As for her actions and looking for opportunities to vex him after that, he should ignore it. Being heartless with such kind of people is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by StennyB(f): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
aytech360:

Am I wicked

To answer your question hard lol.

If you're not comfortable with someone's action tell them.

It's as simple as that.

And how does she even get a hold of the gas, is it that both houses share a kitchen?
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by yemi1504: 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
McOluOmo:
U gave her privilege and now she wants to take the whole village.... Humans tho

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

Exactly at that last statement especially if you are now living alone and minding your business, no neighbors padi padi rubbish! Happily single and not searching, can't stand childish behavior just to have "maturity" according to them.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by princewarri1985: 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
Sometimes in life you need to learn how to say NO and always be firm about it, and secondly some people are just too useless and lack self respect and they dont know how to use their sense, because she was waiting for you to tell her first that gas is now expensive or a firm NO before she go use her brain, and lastly what happened to you taking your gas cylinder inside the room after cooking? Rather than leave the gas behind for the whole compound to use after cooking when you are not a father christmas
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by T0BY(m): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
you're not wicked bro.. even though you shouldn't have wasted the gas. but then again, you should plainly confront her for such abysmal behaviour. This buhari era is somewhat hard.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by torqque7(m): 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
Wait o..my own problem is u mean u used ur own hand to empty same gas cylinder that u refilled?inorder words,u wasted the time,energy and money getting it refilled just cos u are tired of ur neighbours using it?baba biko watin do ur mouth kwanu wey u no wan talk as things be u,bros na u still loose na..u can politely pass ur message across if u don't want them to think of u as a bad guy.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by cayorday89(m): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
Klass99:

Pls return and update us on her reaction to all of this, when you and the carpenter are done.

It would be interesting to hear the continuation and part two of this saga cheesy

Haaa Klass99, you still want make them fight after this subtle way of saying enough is enough.?
I doubt there will be more issues, with the step he is taking, that table burner is the way to go.
Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by Eyanbahose: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
Longsleeve:
Just tell the woman your mind..

Instead of suffering yourself because of her..
abi na. Suffering himself unnecessarily on top person way no even send am lol

1 Like

Re: Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? by UltimateStarman: 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
aytech360:

The story

Am I wicked
Nope
you are blessed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Don't Care Neighbours / I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta / How My Family Friend Accidentally Crushed His 4year Old Son's Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.